PDA

View Full Version : Never will I ever...

Genoa
Dec 29, 2007, 12:39 PM
Join another buff party ever again D;
I finally just got my buffs all to lvl.31, tier 4 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
I was curious of all the other Acrotechers that have already got tier 4?
Or if you want, state what tier you do have.
Argue how much you hate buff parties and that you think it's a waste of time >___> , regardless to the fact that it's more for the party rather than self (some self-sacrifice required there)
I almost lost my sanity doing it, but now that it's over I'm so glad... and now I have to start getting ready for work >____> ...

Sychosis
Dec 29, 2007, 12:47 PM
I got every support TECHNIC at 40. Buff parties are like getting a lobotomy unless you have some people in there to talk to. It works fine on 360 (pretty much anyone who is willing to sacrifice their time to better the party is an adult, so no, you don't run into ANY kids in a buff party), but I'm not sure how prevalent 3rd party voice chat is on the PC side of things. Stopping to talk or typing with only one hand would be a PITA.

smckyy1399
Dec 29, 2007, 01:15 PM
my buffs are at 21 but i got giresta at like 35... i did that one first... and now i gotta do the rest

damn ihate buff parties

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 29, 2007, 01:35 PM
Meh, I just gave up on Acrotecher on my female newman and just went back to Wartecher which only has level 20 support. Level 31+ buffs just don't look to be worth losing my sanity.

Golto
Dec 29, 2007, 01:39 PM
Never say never, we will eventually get lvl 50 techs.

Libram
Dec 29, 2007, 01:40 PM
Why not just do AFK buffing then?

SuperChoco
Dec 29, 2007, 01:40 PM
How long does it actually take lv 11 buffs go to 21 and 21 to 31?

Sasamichan
Dec 29, 2007, 02:20 PM
Grats on getting all your buffs to 31+. You have done what all the other gimp AT refuse to accomplish.

RemiusTA
Dec 29, 2007, 02:24 PM
grats, you are one selfless person.

I cant STAND it. My eyes start to cross and i sware i start to develop ecliptic symptoms.

steely
Dec 29, 2007, 02:40 PM
now all u have to do is get ur debuffs to 31 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Gunslinger-08
Dec 29, 2007, 02:42 PM
On 2007-12-29 11:20, Sasamichan wrote:
Grats on getting all your buffs to 31+. You have done what all the other gimp AT refuse to accomplish.

desturel
Dec 29, 2007, 02:56 PM
I have all of my buffs at 32 right now. Glad to say that all of my buffs are natural. No buff parties... unless you count spamming buffs before the leader abandons mission that is.

I might do a buff party from 3x to 41 since I don't plan on staying acrotecher much longer or I could just be the gimp with level 3x buffs instead of level 41 buffs.

BTW, resta is at 34 reverser is at 36. Doing sleeping Warriors and using reverser whenever someone gets zalure'd is a pretty quick way to level reverser through regular use. Goshin and Bul Buna are good too.

mvffin
Dec 29, 2007, 03:28 PM
I just took all my buffs up to 31 yesterday. I figured i'd need a reason for higher levels to invite me, since i'm only lvl 60. I was in the buff party for the greater part of 12 hours, but we had some interesting conversation out of it.

Giresta still says Recovery 3 at 31, does it at least gain some range?

I don't use resta anymore, and I leveled my reverser to 11(took forever) on the electronic brain virus traps. I am so tired of tech leveling i'm probably gonna let my reverser sit for awhile. I don't use debuffs, since enemies usually die fast enough.

Dragwind
Dec 29, 2007, 03:50 PM
On 2007-12-29 09:47, Sychosis wrote:
I got every support TECHNIC at 40. Buff parties are like getting a lobotomy unless you have some people in there to talk to. It works fine on 360 (pretty much anyone who is willing to sacrifice their time to better the party is an adult, so no, you don't run into ANY kids in a buff party), but I'm not sure how prevalent 3rd party voice chat is on the PC side of things. Stopping to talk or typing with only one hand would be a PITA.

I also did this after AoI released and got all my support techs to 31+ as well. I have my voice chat hotkey set to my pc controller, so I didn't have to stop to talk. I just kept buffing and talking at the same time. It isn't that hard to tolerate when you have people to talk to.

jayster
Dec 29, 2007, 04:13 PM
I got shifta to 31 and my other buffs to 25. I can't seem to bring myself to finish them off.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 29, 2007, 04:19 PM
Lvl 34 on all my buffs currently, I buffed partied them to 31+ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif now just resta and reverser. Been AFK PLing the both of them, NPCs are great to AFK resta with http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Kamiense
Dec 29, 2007, 04:45 PM
I had a hard time bringing them even to 21+. I don't have a controller so I couldn't afk them. I didn't even have Retier to 21... 18 was as high as it went. (Gimp fT/aT ftl :/)

chaostroop3
Dec 29, 2007, 05:23 PM
uhhhhhh whats afk buffing? i know afk means away from keybored or conntroller

WhiteKnight01
Dec 29, 2007, 06:26 PM
It was fun for me because I have p.i.p

EMPYREAN
Dec 29, 2007, 06:45 PM
my buffs are atm 38. sadly my resta is 20 and reverser is 16 on my lv79 AT.
but yea i hate buff parties. all the flashes makes me sleepy so i only manage doing 1lv at the time.

Kion
Dec 29, 2007, 08:20 PM
depends on what equipment you have. AT gets a speed boost with mags that stacks with har quick. put six rapit's with the buff you want to level in your pallet, when the pp runs out you can quickly switch to the next one with no load time and cuts down the time you spend messing with the cube. with six people and an automatic controller, leveling is horribly fast. doing it that way, it took about two hours to get my buffs from level one to twenty-one.

Sekani
Dec 29, 2007, 08:50 PM
You have to be borderline insane to speed-level all your buffs to 30+. I could barely stand getting mine to 11, and that was with picture-in-picture.

PALRAPPYS
Dec 29, 2007, 09:24 PM
I have all my buffs and Giresta at 31+ on my AcroTecher. Resta and Reverser should hit there soon, but there's no rush for me to want to spend the extra PP per cast, so I don't care; I still heal to full HP without 31 Resta.

Also have all my buffs 21+ on my Fortetecher... heh yeah... 2 characters with the best possible buffs. Not always the most enjoyable thing, but sometimes it's just something you have to do.

Poncho_Jr
Dec 29, 2007, 09:54 PM
Once you get your buff to 31, I see no point to continue to spam for hours on end. It's not as if they gain an extra foot in range per level... They're gonna level up on their own time. And time is what it will take for ST to release your level 41 buff, and lots of it.

Genoa
Dec 29, 2007, 10:55 PM
They're going to level 50??? ... I think I'm going to cry my way all the way to 41 D:

EMPYREAN
Dec 30, 2007, 01:58 PM
lol just get a turbo controller and a quick unit and it will go fast

Genoa
Dec 30, 2007, 07:15 PM
the whole "just get a quick unit" isn't all that easy =/
Turbo controller... I suppose I could do that,

_K1_
Dec 31, 2007, 01:34 AM
On 2007-12-29 09:47, Sychosis wrote:
so no, you don't run into ANY kids in a buff party), I was in a buff party (on the 360) before AotI came out, that included one lady who was fifty-something (more than twice my age was as specific as she would get) and a seven year old. It was a little unexpected.

bp_shoruko
Dec 31, 2007, 02:19 AM
A 7 year old with THAT much patience? o_0

Phetty
Dec 31, 2007, 02:30 AM
It took me 3 weeks after AotI was released to do so, but mine are all 31+ along with Resta which was a pain too. I hated buff parties nobody wanted to talk. The most annoying was being booted for trying to level my buffs in a buff party. Either way Whenever I hit the level cap a couple more times I'll probly head to Eastern Perril and get Zalure 31. And run Mother Brain until Reverser hits 31.

Mikura
Dec 31, 2007, 02:40 AM
All my buffs are nearly 32 now. It was boring but I just did a couple a lvls each night until I got them to 31. Listening to music while you do it helps a lot too. Sadly, I only had NPCs to do it with so no one to talk to. ;/

beatrixkiddo
Dec 31, 2007, 02:42 AM
AFK all the way. 31/31/31/31/31 on my AT, or when i play my CAST as a GT (capped at 30 obviously). :/ I wouldn't be comfortable bringing less than the best if I'm a support role.