PDA

View Full Version : AotI-XBox 360: Macros?

HaydenX
Dec 29, 2007, 10:28 PM
I have a usb keyboard and would like to set macros for certain phrases. I looked through the instruction manual and various other sources...How do you set up macros for the 360 version of PSU?

pikachief
Dec 29, 2007, 10:33 PM
go to community tehn macros http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

HaydenX
Dec 29, 2007, 10:34 PM
my problem is that my F keys don't work for macros. Is it some button combination to access them and change them?

pikachief
Dec 29, 2007, 10:35 PM
no the F keys dont do macros on 360 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

lazy programmers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

HaydenX
Dec 29, 2007, 10:43 PM
On 2007-12-29 19:35, pikachief wrote:
no the F keys dont do macros on 360 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

lazy programmers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Can I set my own macros with key combinations at all?

I would like to have quick access to some phrases like...

"Aww...get up; I want a challenge!"

"Does the poor mon-mon have a boo boo?"

"Boom!"

"MEGID!!! It's okay...I...Can...Take...It...*dies*"

"Ha ha, chopped your face in half!"

and...

"I bet you thought those EX traps were for show ^_^"

Anduril
Dec 29, 2007, 10:50 PM
You can always just hit right on the D pad to access your macros. Takes a little longer than just pressing one button, but it works.

HaydenX
Dec 29, 2007, 10:53 PM
On 2007-12-29 19:50, Anduril wrote:
You can always just hit right on the D pad to access your macros. Takes a little longer than just pressing one button, but it works.

I'm not asking how to access the macros...I'm asking how to change them. Please tell me. somebody...

Anduril
Dec 29, 2007, 10:54 PM
On 2007-12-29 19:53, HaydenX wrote:

I'm not asking how to access the macros...I'm asking how to change them. Please tell me. somebody...

Then look at what pika said. Go to community>shortcuts. Then you just type them in after erasing them.

HaydenX
Dec 29, 2007, 10:59 PM
On 2007-12-29 19:54, Anduril wrote:

Then look at what pika said. Go to community>shortcuts. Then you just type them in after erasing them.

thank you for making it clearer.

Anduril
Dec 29, 2007, 11:00 PM
On 2007-12-29 19:59, HaydenX wrote:

On 2007-12-29 19:54, Anduril wrote:

thank you for making it clearer.

No problem. I help where I can. Now, away I go! *jumps off the roof*

All-Mighty
Dec 29, 2007, 11:00 PM
U dont understand what he means.
He wants macros on his F keys so he doesnt hav to use the D-Pad.
I would love that too,but sadly they didnt program it in.
(Reading is sometimes a good thing)

HaydenX
Dec 29, 2007, 11:09 PM
On 2007-12-29 20:00, All-Mighty wrote:
U dont understand what he means.
He wants macros on his F keys so he doesnt hav to use the D-Pad.
I would love that too,but sadly they didnt program it in.
(Reading is sometimes a good thing)

I can't believe that there is something that I miss from FFXI (It is literally the only thing I miss...I would cast Aero with the phrase "Fragmented maelstrom, converge upon thee!" all with the press of one button)

We should petition ST to add f key shortcuts/macros (it couldn't be that big of an update).

Anduril
Dec 29, 2007, 11:12 PM
It would be a big update for ST, considering that they screw up so often with small fixes, and the fact that since we are on the 360 we would have to wait for MS to verify and approve the patch. So if they were to start working on it today, odds are we won't see the fix until late next year. -_-

HaydenX
Dec 29, 2007, 11:22 PM
On 2007-12-29 20:12, Anduril wrote:
It would be a big update for ST, considering that they screw up so often with small fixes, and the fact that since we are on the 360 we would have to wait for MS to verify and approve the patch. So if they were to start working on it today, odds are we won't see the fix until late next year. -_-

It wouldn't be difficult to add it at all. The 360 architecture is bound to be nearly the same as the PC architecture (both are going to be MS). 5 minutes of programming tops. They could add it at the same time as the gacha fix if they started now. We need to send them a petition. Everybody should send ST an email asking for them to add this feature. the population is low enough, that if they got 200 or so emails, it'd probably be enough.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HaydenX on 2007-12-29 20:25 ]</font>

Anduril
Dec 29, 2007, 11:25 PM
If you start it I'll sign. I would like this to be added, so I'll help. RO at least start a thread advertising this movement. Though I could see some issues arising from the fact that there is a greater push for us to use voice chat over text, so some people may not care.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2007-12-29 20:31 ]</font>

Chuck_Norris
Dec 29, 2007, 11:33 PM
There's an option on PS2 to swich the F keys to macros, or menu things. Dunno if it's on 360 though.

HaydenX
Dec 30, 2007, 12:05 AM
Do oyu guys think I should start an E petition or should we just send emails to ST?

Anduril
Dec 30, 2007, 12:06 AM
I say we try both. That will hopefully show that we actually care about this issue.

A2K
Dec 30, 2007, 12:09 AM
On 2007-12-29 20:22, HaydenX wrote:
It wouldn't be difficult to add it at all. The 360 architecture is bound to be nearly the same as the PC architecture (both are going to be MS). 5 minutes of programming tops. They could add it at the same time as the gacha fix if they started now. We need to send them a petition. Everybody should send ST an email asking for them to add this feature. the population is low enough, that if they got 200 or so emails, it'd probably be enough.

This coupled with the lack of ALT+Key combinations for lobby actions (emotes) actually makes me suspect a bit that there's some sort of Microsoft spec for USB keyboard use on Xbox 360 (reservation CTRL, ALT, Windows, the function keys, etc., perhaps) that prevented ST from including this in the first place.

FFXI might get some leeway what with that whole PlayOnline Viewer nonsense...

In any case it probably wouldn't hurt to go ahead and fire that feedback in Sega's direction. I doubt this will get much attention, though, because it's really not all that game-breaking, especially considering there are bigger aforementioned fish to fry.