PDA

View Full Version : AotI-XBox 360: Quick question about wep ele %'s

June_Mermaid
Dec 30, 2007, 11:18 AM
Ok i want this weapon its 28% ground but there is another one 3 mill cheaper with 18% ground is there a huge diff in att damage in 10%?

elitehippie
Dec 30, 2007, 11:32 AM
yes plus we wont call you a noob

usmcbama
Dec 30, 2007, 11:35 AM
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but for the sake of simplicity, let's take this as an example:

Let's say that the weapon in question is a saber with 500 base ATP, and your character has 500 base ATP, for a total of 1000 when element is not a consideration (against neutral enemies, or when using a different, but not opposite element against most enemies). Against lightning enemies, that 500 ATP saber plus the 18% ground element bonus will be 590, plus your base ATP of 500 comes to 1090, an overall increase of almost 10%. If the weapon has a 28% bonus, its ATP is 640, which would make total ATP 1140, a 14% increase in overall ATP. The greater your character's base ATP, the less of a difference it makes overall, but it is still noticeable, even at higher levels. I'm not exactly sure how the damage mitigation works out, but there are times where I've noticed a bigger difference due to element % compared to same element but lesser %.

Sekani
Dec 30, 2007, 11:44 AM
On 2007-12-30 08:18, June_Mermaid wrote:
Ok i want this weapon its 28% ground but there is another one 3 mill cheaper with 18% ground is there a huge diff in att damage in 10%?

Short answer: the difference isn't worth 3 million meseta.

gryphonvii
Dec 30, 2007, 11:46 AM
it all depends on how much you want to spend, some people are elitist and only walk around with the highest percent weopns but in all reality as long as you have a high atp, percent is negligible.

DAMASCUS
Dec 30, 2007, 12:16 PM
Yeah, I'd say take the cheaper one as it will do sufficient enough damage and use it to hunt your own board. That is assuming that what you want is still available? If its a seasonal rare then go for the gold but you stand a chance of getting a higher percent on your own if you can get ahold of the board.

Pillan
Dec 30, 2007, 12:40 PM
On 2007-12-30 08:35, usmcbama wrote:
Let's say that the weapon in question is a saber with 500 base ATP, and your character has 500 base ATP, for a total of 1000 when element is not a consideration (against neutral enemies, or when using a different, but not opposite element against most enemies). Against lightning enemies, that 500 ATP saber plus the 18% ground element bonus will be 590, plus your base ATP of 500 comes to 1090, an overall increase of almost 10%. If the weapon has a 28% bonus, its ATP is 640, which would make total ATP 1140, a 14% increase in overall ATP. The greater your character's base ATP, the less of a difference it makes overall, but it is still noticeable, even at higher levels. I'm not exactly sure how the damage mitigation works out, but there are times where I've noticed a bigger difference due to element % compared to same element but lesser %.

The weapon element is applied to total ATP, but reduced by around 25%. So if you have 1000 total ATP and the weapon has 18%, you will have a grand total of 1135 ATP. And with the 28%, it would be around 1210 ATP. That’s only around a 7% difference, so it’s not something to really stress over, but it is a difference.

Personally, I like to keep the percentage as high as possible. As for if it's worth the extra 3 mil, it really depends on the server and the weapon itself. If it's rare (not high star value, but actually rare), it might be.

June_Mermaid
Dec 30, 2007, 12:59 PM
ok the wep is grand cross, 2 of my s rank slicers sold so i end up buying the 28% ground i did a test run and im hitting with ja 1300+ with every hit but i really want to say thank you for all ur imput i took me a hr to decide withone i wanted lol