PDA

View Full Version : AOE Spells

Achaiah191
Dec 30, 2007, 01:58 PM
I am starting a Force for the fist time and I wanted to know, so I can start leveling up the right spells, what is the best direct damage spells and the best AOE spells for a Force?

Telina
Dec 30, 2007, 02:31 PM
To ask for the "best" spells is really awkward to respond to. all aoe spells that is, the Gi- line of spells do about the same damage under the same circumstances. There's the Dam- line, which is an aoe spray in front of you. and the dirrect damage spells are of two types, the line/piercing variety and the single hit variety. Single hit spells, foie and diga, will do the best damage at any level. But with enough enemies piercing spells top their damage.

All i can really say is being a force is about adapting to circumstances, understanding/recognizing speicial situations, and choosing the proper spell and element to fit the job. Its what (I think) defines the force job as best for "advanced players " as per the class description

gryphonvii
Dec 30, 2007, 02:33 PM
a good starter AOE spell is the ra-series because you don't have to be right next to the monster in order to hit and thus you are safer.

Telina
Dec 30, 2007, 02:35 PM
damn...lol i always forget about the Ra-spells. Well, either way, there is no single spell or spell set you want to use. you'll need lots of spells of various elements. Which, i'm sad to say, will require much time to level up. But, best of luck in your new endevor

gryphonvii
Dec 30, 2007, 02:43 PM
you can get your spells up in sakura balst runs which are pretty easy, though watch out cuz boomas are murder up close for anybody and with low hp, you want to stay away.

chaostroop3
Dec 30, 2007, 02:47 PM
i always use a rod with these spells

x-megid
y-diga or foie
rb x- a aoe spell or diga ,foie
rb y - resta

and it works VERY well for almost any curcomstance

if you dont have 99 pa frags to spare than a diffrant pirce spell works just as fine

Achaiah191
Dec 30, 2007, 08:11 PM
Where can I find megid?

Dhylec
Dec 30, 2007, 08:16 PM
On 2007-12-30 17:11, Achaiah191 wrote:
Where can I find megid?

http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/12-3/technic/