PDA

View Full Version : possible sonic mag info

nozedive13
Feb 28, 2001, 03:20 PM
this 'sonic' mag that you all keep hearing about is MOST LIKELY a bad translation or something that was misunderstood. there is a MAG called sonichi and it looks like a bunny almost. since the word "sonic" is in sonichi you could see how it could be misinterpretted. i hope this crushes a few dreams, a few hopes, but most of all a few rumors.

Sloth
Feb 28, 2001, 07:22 PM
it says in the perfect guide to pso that there is one nozedive

Lenneth
Mar 1, 2001, 12:59 AM
Nods, I was thinking the same thing... though I also have the "perfect" guide.

The real question then is... what's the eighth rare mag (assuming that the guide is correct in this at least)? I'm also wondering if there is actually a mechachao and a chao mag... can anyone confirm/deny that they are different mags?

Current rare mag list (*are documented):
*Sonichi
*Chureru
*Pureta
*Pitori
*Pian
*Opa Opa
Chao
*Mecha Chao

Cheech
Mar 1, 2001, 01:26 AM
I'm fighting myself now. I have two parts

<LI> No one has SEEN the sonic mag
<LI> The perfect guide says "Even Sonic himself!" I doubt thats a bad translation
<LI> I personally think that you have to put together the mag "cells" or something to build the sonic mag.
<LI> Sonic mag sounds too good to be true. Some people "claim" they have seen it, but no one can trust anyone anymore in the world of PSO.
<LI> Someone has stated that you can "unveil" the sonic mag heart if you get an A ranking in the Sonic 2 demo.

That's all I know, and most of it is rumors and stuff, but oh well. You never know.

Drake
Mar 1, 2001, 05:47 AM
Someone posted the Sonic II demo trick in another thread, but the same person said immediately afterward that it was declared false by a Sega representative. (Too bad...)

I agree with Nozedive and Lenneth, myself. There is no Sonic MAG. --Not that I don't want one, but... it's easy enough to see how the rumour started, and nobody can find any evidence whatsoever to back it up.

logan
Mar 1, 2001, 05:56 AM
the sonic mag is in fact real and I know that because a good jp player friend of mine told me that he has seen one and I tend to trust to trust him because he is a veteran character and has 4 level 100 characters he uses....he also helped me get my orotiagito.

Cheech
Mar 1, 2001, 06:16 AM
What about getting the EGG BLASTER from the Sonic II demo?

Drake
Mar 1, 2001, 07:43 PM
... Oops. --; The demo trick I read about was for the Egg Blaster, not the Sonic MAG. That's the one that was declared false. --If I recall correctly, though, the Sega rep did say that outside save files have no effect on PSO.

Logan - are you certain that it wasn't a misunderstanding? He might have thought you meant Sonichi. (Also, a lot of people seem to think that Sonichi *is* the Sonic MAG, even though it looks nothing like Sonic...)

Sloth
Mar 2, 2001, 05:39 AM
hey drake did u read my post. in the "perfect" guide that came out for PSO the said that there was a SONIC mag so there IS one but so far as i know no one knows how to get it

logan
Mar 3, 2001, 10:28 AM
i'm sure it wasn't a misunderstanding hew knew what i was talking about and he said that it looked just like sonic so he could'nt have meant the sonichi mag. besides he's 24 years old and speaks perfect english from years of school.

Heero_Yuy
Mar 7, 2001, 01:41 AM
I feel that the mag cell #'s have a deeper meaning. Those numbers must all have meaning leading to the sonic mag seeing as how no one has seen it but it is confirmed in the guide as existing. I think instead of looking for a sonic mag or a sonic mag cell that you should decipher the #'s. Oh and while writing i had a crazy theory, what if...when game time reaches max and you are in forest an actual Sonic enemy came runing out faster than a rappy and you had to hit it and if you did you would get a Sonic looking mag. Now i know that is crazy but man would i like that to happen even if i missed him it would look cool as hell! Someone find a way to get Sonic i need him!!

AL
Mar 7, 2001, 03:16 AM
I believe that Heero_Yuy is on the right track. Howewver, I believe that 3 is the magic number. I believe that you must feed your mag three cells in some order (probably varies for each class) and your mag will evolve into the sonic mag. Meaning, you tackle the problem mathematically by determining the different feeding possiblities. For example, Pian's heart then cell 213 then 502. This would require a lot cells or you would have to be REALLY luck and feed your mag the correct combination. I would like to try this but I have yet to find one cell, so three is a long ways.

AL
Mar 7, 2001, 03:21 AM
For all of you wondering, I say three is the magic number because that is the number of items you give it each feeding cycle.

I think that I am wrong, but I could be right. Until a proven method is discovered, then I will speculate as much as I can.

"I eat because I am unhappy; I am unhappy because I am eat."
-Fat Bastard (Austin Powers)
LOL!!

Heero_Yuy
Mar 7, 2001, 03:18 PM
I don't think it is all about the 3. The mag #'s themselves must have meaning. They would not make cells into random #'s there must be something behind this. Can anyone who is extremely observant and a buff on sonic and PS games help out with this?

Whatley
Mar 7, 2001, 09:53 PM
maybe the numbers of the mag cells are dates. the first number would be the month and the next two the day.

just a thought

BladeofDarkness
Mar 8, 2001, 01:12 PM
I'm sure a sonic mag exists but i don't know how to get one.

Seanjin
Mar 8, 2001, 01:51 PM
that rabbit-lookin' thing sure as hell ain't sonic. it is called sonichi. i have yet to see a ture sonic mag mag yet, though.

Maitrize
Mar 8, 2001, 11:55 PM
A thought?

sonic: Having a speed approaching or being that of sound in air, about 1,220 kilometers (760 miles) per hour at sea level.

The cell information:
Cell of MAG 502
Cell of MAG 213

Okay see now *I'M* lost. ^_~ Maybe it has something to do with which cells and the level? *shrugs* then again if the cells were the same with the import version... mm bleah. metric systems...

[addsig]

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Maitrize on 2001-03-08 21:07 ]</font>

Drake
Mar 9, 2001, 01:38 AM
Sloth:
I know what the "Perfect" Guide says. Haven't you ever stopped to think about why everyone puts quotation marks around the word "perfect"? :P

Maitrize:
Your sig picture is adorable! ^^ What's it from?

Xaken
Mar 9, 2001, 03:13 AM
That's right Drake, just because the guide says there is a Sonic MAG means nothing. The guide could easily be wrong (it's not like the programmers of the game wrote it).

It's my belief that the the Sonic MAG myth come from numerous misunderstandings.

A: Sonic, Sonichi, yep pretty simalar.

B: The Mech Chao (I doubt there really is just a normal Chao). This MAG could be called a "Sonic" MAG. It's a MAG that is FROM sonic.

So as I see it, the guy writing the guide was getting some infromation from a japanese Sega rep:

Rep: "There are some very rare MAG too. One from sonic."

Author: "So what ar the names of some of these rares MAGs?"

Rep: "Sonichi, Pian....." and so on.

Author: "Son-i-chi?? Err... OH, ok. I gotcha" (he must mean sonic)

And so the myth was born....

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Xaken on 2001-03-09 00:14 ]</font>

Daggeron
Mar 9, 2001, 10:13 AM
Or there very well could be a sonic mag. It isn't like we have found every possible niche in the game. I mean new rares are still being discovered. Plus according to what has been said mag cells are the rarest items in the game right? Well if its incredibly hard to find the rarest rare weapon. Then it must be next to impossible to find (Not saying if it is) the sonic mag cell for example. Knowing the way Sega mind works I wouldn't doubt them for a second to have a cute lil hedgehog as a mag. Just my 2 cents. Now I prolly should get some sleep.

Kwyjibo
Mar 9, 2001, 02:28 PM
As you may have noticed, the rare weapons that people are finding haven't popped up all at once. These new weapons and armor seem to be 'released'. It is very possible that there is code in the game for a sonic mag, and SEGA has not introduced it to the PSO world yet. SEGA is known to keep things innovative and fresh. Who says that when they release a game that everything in the game has to be available from day one. It wouldn't bew out of the question if SEGA were to leave a mark on your VMU when you logoff of a PSO online adventure that says that weapon or item 8GKBKJGF is now available. Just a thought,...

Heero_Yuy
Mar 9, 2001, 03:35 PM
On 2001-03-08 20:55, Maitrize wrote:
A thought?

sonic: Having a speed approaching or being that of sound in air, about 1,220 kilometers (760 miles) per hour at sea level.

The cell information:
Cell of MAG 502
Cell of MAG 213

Okay see now *I'M* lost. ^_~ Maybe it has something to do with which cells and the level? *shrugs* then again if the cells were the same with the import version... mm bleah. metric systems...

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Maitrize on 2001-03-08 21:07 ]</font>

hold up there the speed of sound is not in the 700+ it s approx 330 m.p.h(at STP,). Now i think that the mag level and those two cells have the means to make a sonic mag. I need this mag! i got soniti and it is not the same i need a little blue hedgehog!!

Drake
Mar 9, 2001, 04:55 PM
I thought the same thing, Xaken - that there was no non-Mech Chao - until I saw the one in Jihatsu's signature (http://www.tomeeboy.com/pso/viewtopic.php?topic=2769&forum=1). It's so cute~!

Maitrize
Mar 9, 2001, 09:11 PM
^_^;;

Sig is from images drawn by Yuu Takigawa (http://www.angel.ne.jp/~hana-925/)

My definition of sonic came from a dictionary so I'm not particularly certain either way. ^^; I guess I'm one of the masses that *hope* for a sonic mag but just believe it's a translation error. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

Pordontae
Mar 10, 2001, 02:40 AM
I have seen the Mech-Chao Mag!It was a level 71 person i think he said he stole it...................LAME A$$.Anyway i think there is a sonic mag there has to be.i have also seen opa opa. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif Oh and by the way PSO rules and so does Duke Nukem 3-d Especially the build editor!.

Pordontae
Mar 10, 2001, 02:45 AM
Oh and in PSO my name is PORDONTAE i always play in oberon i am currently at lv 80.Spread needle IS THE best weapon in the game!IMO http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_eek.gif

Hunter
Mar 13, 2001, 05:47 AM
Hi probability that your 'game time' may have somthingto do with your chances of finding rare mags, ie: Japanese servers have had the game before we have... so i would be more likely to find more rare items there. ie: Grass Sword, long skinny looking dark greenish sword.. i mean it was loooong almost length of a pole, and these guys i was trying to trade with where jp. so say 200-400 average game time hours... imagine what u will be able to get 900+ hours...

odeom
Mar 13, 2001, 03:14 PM
hmmm... what if the mag cell #'s refer to the time you feed your mag? mag cell 213, feed your mag at 213 beats. mag cell 502, feed your mag at 502 beats. I never really use beat time in the game so I could be completely off but it couldn't hurt to try.

Omnigear
Mar 14, 2001, 03:48 AM
All the super rare/rare items and weapons that have been popping up lately seem to be on timed release. Its very obvious because Lavis Cannon, which was submitted last week or so, was found by my friend in the Ruins today... and beforehand was never seen before. Also, if you read the recent news, that event Sega is having for the Japanese players may have some sort of Sonic item as a reward... who knows? =)

Personally I think the MAG does exist somehow, but the cell won't be "released" until a certain time. Also think about it-- if you are lucky to have a free photon blast slot, you get a Sonic Mag Exclusive Photon Blast! Whoa baby! Imagine. *DING* 100 Photon Energy-- Go! Sonic! lol Imagine the little blue bastard running at full speed towards one enemy or a group of enemies for massive damage. Eat that Golla!!! Oh hell, it can even play Sonic Theme Music when you do it! And the MAG (Sonic Himself) runs when you run and taps his foot impatiently when you stand around! I love it.

Now go find Sonic's Heart! =)

Stoned_Cat
Mar 14, 2001, 04:14 AM
Personally, I doubt that there is a specific mag cell to get a sonic mag... If there was someone would have hacked it already. Instead it is more likely that a sonic mag may be produced under certain (specific) conditions (cell# = beats???). The most likely scenario, however, is that there is no sonic mag and its just a bad translation...

Sonichi = Sonic????

This is very likely because I have yet to see a screen of a sonic mag... Some people claim they have it/have seen it but they could be lying to get attention... (ditto with some of the rare weapons people claim to have "seen")
...thats my $0.02 (CND)

nozedive13
Mar 14, 2001, 11:33 AM
i've had more reports of sonic mags, but i've stil yet to see one.

another recent bad translation was from the mag churel, someone thought the 'chu' in churel meant that the mag loks like a chuchu rocket character. people just grasping at straws here...

Seanjin
Mar 14, 2001, 02:18 PM
i'm a little torn between these theories. do the mags evolve differently if fed multiple cells? if no one's seen the sonic mag, or are lying or are saying sonic is a nickname for sonichi, then how did this rumor get started? That'd be damn tight if it were true, but maybe all our dreams could be shattered when sega announces the truth. On the flip side, someone could come forward with their "sonic" mag. It's not possible that, if they possess the damn thing, that they could not come out of hiding in private games and whatnot. If you obtained it, wouldn't you want to show everyone, or give them hope for the future. Then again, maybe it exists and no one ever had it, ....or it may be released by on the day sonic adv. II is released?

CHEECH, nice sig, where'd you get it?

Fatal_Fury
Mar 16, 2001, 01:32 AM
Well think about this people. There is a Chao and RoboChao mag, Robotniks gun (eggblaster) and Knuckles gloves (Sonic knuckle) so why not a sonic mag? C'mon! This is Sonic Team and we havent seen a "Sonic" item yet! Just ones that are related to the sonic universe.

There has to be a true Sonic item out there. So either a mag or weapon, there has to be something that's truely "Sonic"

(yes i have RoboChao,Egg Blaster, and Sonic Knuckle, don't think im just going by what i've seen on other people)

GT
Mar 16, 2001, 01:13 PM
Let me say this first, I have a GameShark, but I do not use it for PSO, but now, it has come down to this. OK, we go the 2 id numbers: 502 and 213, just enough numbers for the mod/item code for the last 6 digits of the code. I am going to try this just for the sake of discovering the truth. maybe its 00502213 or 00213502. not sure but they would both be valid digits. So when I get a chance here in about an hour, I will try it and let everyone know if my theory works.

GT

Superchoa
Mar 17, 2001, 01:01 AM
I never knew about this,I've seen a sonic mag before!I never knew that it was so important,it was some guy I met on the IGN message boards,we met and he showed it off,tehn I got to asking bout the chao mag,which got me started on looking for one.He wouldn't shut up about the thing,I do remember however the evolution process takes a large amount of mind,I'm sorry I didn't pay attention,I'll try to relocate him,and yes he's english,so there must be a sonic mag in the english version!

Fatal_Fury
Mar 17, 2001, 01:57 AM
Super, if your story is indeed true (i still remain doubtfull), find out what you can from this person.

Most likely he got it duped if he has it at all.. So he/she would not be that great of an information source...

Jake
Mar 17, 2001, 01:18 PM
i heard that you get a sonic mag by getting a normal mag to lv 200 by just star atomizers or sol atomizers...something like that...dunno if its true but im gonna start a new mag and try.

shizumadrive
Mar 18, 2001, 08:36 AM
that feeding only sols or stars still survives oh brother. I fed a mag all sols just so ai could have a high attack boosting mag and I didnt get anything special. Of course there are those who will say stars might do something.

Also a bit about Churel I saw it for the first tiem tonight and it struck me that it looks alot like the wingeye monsters from Phantasy Star 1.

9-Ball
Mar 19, 2001, 01:31 AM
I've seen an angel Chao, dunno if thats already been listed. Just wanted to help

Jierden
Mar 20, 2001, 09:03 PM
What's this Egg Blaster trick?

Superchoa
Mar 20, 2001, 10:36 PM
Dude and dudettes I am so on a mission now to find this man.
Sweet!
I will so prove thoose doubts,lol,too bad I didn't know this thing was that rare,and if you're wondering it's sorta like a baby looking sonic,cute!!!!

DJectropy
Mar 22, 2001, 11:15 AM
OK, here's the deal

Sonic mag... myth... or fact

So far the only proof of existence we have is that Sonic Team said it existed yet there is no visible way to achieve it.

Here's what I've tried so far

1.I fed my lvl 200 mag Opa, and then tried to feed it parts of robochao, heart of pian, heart of chao, and cell 502. Didn't work
2.I fed my mag ONLY Sol Atoms and Star Atoms for all 200 lvls then, after that didn't work, tried using a cell (213), didn't work
3.I have all "Sonic" items (egg blaster, sonic knuckles etc.) and this didn't help at all

So what I say to you that either 1. Sonic Team was just messing w/ us or 2. There are certain VERY specific conditions on the creation of sonic such as time it was evolved etc. or 3. Sonic Team is yet to introduce the "Heart of Sonic" to the internet servers. It is possible that they will eventually make it attainable w/ a downloadable quest of some sort but until then I must say that Sonic or Sonichi or whatever does not exist.

Mags I have created w/ no success of Sonic:

Churel
Preta
Pitri
Soniti (WHICH IS NOT SONIC STUPID NOOBIES)
Pian
Opa
Chao
RoboChao
Pian
Bana

NONE worked...

Cya Kids

nozedive13
Mar 24, 2001, 10:58 AM
well...i'm going from skeptic to believer. i really want there to be a sonic mag. i don't think a mag can be created by feeding it particular normal items in any combination where the stats don't come in to play. maybe in PSOv2?

Paine
Mar 24, 2001, 09:42 PM
The real question then is... what's the eighth rare mag (assuming that the guide is correct in this at least)? I'm also wondering if there is actually a mechachao and a chao mag... can anyone confirm/deny that they are different mags? :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::: yes, i can confirm that Mechachao and Chao are completely different.. i was in a game today and i saw the usual one, w/ the key in the back and the spinning hat.. then someone next to him came near him and it was the EXACT Same shape, color and everything, except it did NOT have Armor. it had Wings instead of a Key. hope this helps. and i do believe that makes 8 mags.

Reaper
Mar 25, 2001, 05:46 PM
I have seen both the mecha chao and the normal one, both different (1 with armour and propeller, one with wings) I have never seen a sonic chao and now I am doubting whether it exists at all??? I have no clue about the mag cells? But does anyone???

Dont forget guys this game is in cooperation with Sonic team, it isn't the same game altogether!!

Someone mentioned something about sonic 2's release date...and the sonic cell being released on the same day!!! Well sonic 2 is released on 26/06/01 which is the official England release, whether this has anything to do with Sonic MAG I dont know!!

Ben

Reaper
Mar 25, 2001, 05:48 PM
Oh yeah,

Whats this Egg Blaster trick on Sonic 2 trial???

PLease tell...?

Maximum-Burst
Mar 26, 2001, 03:44 AM
Who knows. The perfect Guide says there is one. Yet I can understand where you are coming from with sonichi. Only time will tell I guess.

CRONOS
Mar 26, 2001, 05:09 AM
k i can understand how sonichi could be mistaken 4 sonic but the guide seems to be based on the us version or english or however that works version of pso and in the us its called soniti and well there is a kinda stretch between the two sonic soniti see the diff i want to belive in sonic i really do so pleeez those of u who have a sonic mag tell us where to meet or something i know this id desperate but a sonic mag would rock anyway with all these rumors maybe a sonic mag will be in pso ver 2.0 but who really knows. i really need to add periods in my posts dont i.

Raion
Mar 26, 2001, 11:19 PM
Hey Jake..You proably heard that from Shyne right? Well the whole gang is trying it!! Its not sols its stars! I got tons of mags from the mines.. Its worth trying! LOL! If it does not work. so be it!
RAion

Maximum-Burst
Mar 27, 2001, 05:49 AM
Don't get me wrong. I like Sonic as much as the next person, but I would really like to see a Knuckles mag more than a Sonic one. Since I can't get a Knuckles mag I will have to settle for a Sonic one. Oh wait I forgot. No one has seen a Sonic Mag or knows where to get one. Anyone who has been told they saw a sonic mag has also probably been lied too. Oh Well.

Superchoa
Mar 28, 2001, 12:25 AM
My search was short but I did find the guy!
And he does have the Sonic MAG!
But it's sorta hacked,how the hell do they change the damn things appearance,he let me equip it and it was really a Oppa Oppa.
How the hell did he change that mag's appearance!?!?
I've never heard of a gs doing that.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Superchoa on 2001-03-28 15:50 ]</font>

Maximum-Burst
Mar 28, 2001, 07:19 AM
I was just looking thru the "Perfect Guide" to PSO. I just tread the part about Rare Mags. Where it talks about you could get Opa Opa, a chao, or even Sonic himself! The two pics they show of the rare mags are Opa Opa and mechchao. If I am thinking correctly is Opa Opa supposed to be a Robotnik vehicle and isn't Mechchao or maybe Chao that little guy who gives you advice in Sonic 2 Demo.

Archer_Hedge
Mar 29, 2001, 11:40 PM
Opa Opa is a character from a wicked Sega Master System game called Fantasy Zone.

<center>
RAmar - Level 50
Ultra Rare 2x4 with Rusty Nail
Lots of Saran Wrap - A Bag of Stale Cheetos
</center>

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Archer_Hedge on 2001-03-29 20:43 ]</font>

Maximum-Burst
Mar 31, 2001, 06:15 AM
I need a sonic mag badddddd.

CRONOS
Apr 2, 2001, 05:54 AM
listen this may be far fetched but as i was reading the perfect guide in the japan only phantasy star games it had text adventures. 1 of these adven tures was a quest or mission to get a masterpiece called opa-opa so i may be wrong but is it possible that the opaopa mag has something to do with that i dont know i could be wrong. oh yeah u cant hear all that sarcasm in my voice can u. im very ashamed at those who had the perfect guide and didnt figure out what the opaopa mag was but i guess there is a chance im wrong but it would then probaly be a misprint so blame versus books. anyway i still have faith in a sonic mag and im exspecially sure that pso ver. 2.0 will have 1 even if the original dosent but a sonic mag may be something u win in 1 of the contests they hold yes i know sega has held only 1 or is holding but it is a theory. i would still rther have all the sonic characters as mags cause sonic is nothing without tails and knuckles and yes the robochao is the thing that gives help in sonic adventure 2 its 3:50 a.m. and everything is fin....redrum...redrum.....hahahahahaha i need sleep but my other personality says i dosent who do u think i should belive dear god im going crazy need sleeep...no...wait...need coffe r u still reading this sheesh never knew ppl read this far down well now our chorus if i take anymore room on this board some1 will shoot me so bye.