PDA

View Full Version : Gosh Dangit!!!

Sonicboom0075
Dec 30, 2007, 03:18 PM
I'm so angry on how unclear this game is!!!(PSU)

I go shopping to get some points fo the LIVE Marketplace (I thought you needed points to buy the license), I spend $50 dollars on it (I wanted to get 2 months of gaming and the expansion), I use the code, I try to buy it, and it turns out I needed to use real money!!! I don't have a gosh dang credit card yet!! And I'm not spending more money on this game for a while!

If this was more clear, then I would have been playing right now. Now I have a load of points leftover that I don't need!! At least I bought Halo, but it isn't fun without being online.

I'm blaming me, Microsoft, and Sega/Sonic Team for this stupidity.

Me, because I didn't research the payment options enough.

Microsoft for making this stuff unclear to people who want to use the online capabilities.

And Sega/Sonic Team for making me pay so much for this dang game!!

This is NOT cool.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 30, 2007, 03:39 PM
Since its a billing cycle kinda thing it can't be used with the points, can't in their current set up automatically take points out of your reserves - or stop the recurring subscription if you don't have enough left.

The cancelling is also different through calling up the 1-800-myXbox or whatever it is service number.

Well now you have extra points to buy, say the map pack for Halo 3 when you do get online or the option to hold onto them if any new game add ons, movies/shows/music videos to download, or Arcade games that may strike your fancy.

You could have gotten the Xbox Live gold for 12+1 extra month with the $50, but still needed say $20 more for the 1600 point card. Or you can always opt for the 1 month or 3 month Gold cards to play Halo or any other games you have online and wait it out until you have the ability to get the credit card and buy a PSU Subscription.

PSU subscription does not require XBOX LIVE Gold, just to re-iterate.

PSU General should have a sticky with some info on prepaid credit cards that you might find in a supermarket or convenience store or Wal-Mart or something. They do have some fees but it won't require bills or minimum credit/credit check/age limits.

Here is the link:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=120039&forum=20

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2007-12-30 12:40 ]</font>

Update:
Oh and Xbox Live has been finicky lately, not allowing you to sign and such. So don't rush into buying any Gold subscriptions. Your bad luck may be good luck with this taken into account.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2007-12-30 15:13 ]</font>