PDA

View Full Version : AotI: importing

gryphonvii
Dec 30, 2007, 05:07 PM
I'm bored, got some extra money, I'm thinking I might import the jp version, is there anything important that I might need to know?, can I get my characters from now onto the jp version or will I be starting over. Help, please?

RedMussel
Dec 30, 2007, 05:09 PM
I dont no much about it but i do no you will have to start off with a new characters.

steely
Dec 30, 2007, 05:22 PM
and ull need to import a 360 to unless ur using a pc

RedMussel
Dec 30, 2007, 05:24 PM
On 2007-12-30 14:22, steely wrote:
and ull need to import a 360 to unless ur using a pc

Why would some one import a 360 version, its all the same server for the 360 lol

Dein
Dec 30, 2007, 05:25 PM
On 2007-12-30 14:07, gryphonvii wrote:
I'm bored, got some extra money, I'm thinking I might import the jp version, is there anything important that I might need to know?, can I get my characters from now onto the jp version or will I be starting over. Help, please?

If you import you'll have to make new characters. As far as important things go, I'm pretty sure you'll need Japanese/Eastern language support installed on Windows to play the JP version. There are also some other steps and info you can find out in the irc channel @ irc.gamesurge.net, #psujp if you want more help.

Travis IV
Dec 30, 2007, 05:43 PM
probably a reallly stupid question but withthe language packs installed on windows, when you import a JP psu onto your US PC, will the games language change as well , or will you still have to learn all the items and stuff in japanese?

Dein
Dec 30, 2007, 05:46 PM
Unfortunately you'll have to learn items and other things on your own. You can spend a little time learning basic katakana for items and such but you can play the game fine if you know it well already. The only thing you'll miss out on is the story in the missions if you aren't fluent in japanese.

Edit: When I say "know it well" I'm talking about being familiar with the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dein on 2007-12-30 14:47 ]</font>

Travis IV
Dec 30, 2007, 05:49 PM
just seems so easy to do, and what youll get back seems much better than US version, so y wouldnt mmore ppl be doing this, or are there a ton of importers?

pikachief
Dec 30, 2007, 05:49 PM
If your gonna import import on the PC ver. if your importing on 360 its pointless cuz they're the same servers XD

Ok and yes u will need to restart your characters. With the event we have now lvling up wont be hard at all anyways and you'll get some pretty sweet rares doping so http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

so yea all u need to do is get the languages installed and find a way to sign up your account on the JP site (thast the hardest part XD) then get importers partner cards like me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Travis IV
Dec 30, 2007, 05:51 PM
this has actaully just got me interested in importing, i kno the game quite well, how does the billing work, they changed from net cash right?

Chuck_Norris
Dec 30, 2007, 05:51 PM
On 2007-12-30 14:49, Travis IV wrote:
just seems so easy to do, and what youll get back seems much better than US version, so y wouldnt mmore ppl be doing this,

Because people like playing the game in english.

darkante
Dec 30, 2007, 05:57 PM
On 2007-12-30 14:51, Chuck_Norris wrote:

On 2007-12-30 14:49, Travis IV wrote:
just seems so easy to do, and what youll get back seems much better than US version, so y wouldnt mmore ppl be doing this,

Because people like playing the game in english.

Agreed.
Although if i could read japanese..well obviously i would change then but iīm not going beserk for faster content.

Travis IV
Dec 30, 2007, 05:58 PM
im not worried about content im looking for more of a community, even though you might not understand them, at least there is always tons of ppl everywhere to get full groups, along with the ppl already importing, i just hate looking at ghost town everywhere, when im paying to playa game online with others, sometimes you cant

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Travis IV on 2007-12-30 14:59 ]</font>

darkante
Dec 30, 2007, 06:05 PM
On 2007-12-30 14:58, Travis IV wrote:
im not worried about content im looking for more of a community, even though you might not understand them, at least there is always tons of ppl everywhere to get full groups, along with the ppl already importing, i just hate looking at ghost town everywhere, when im paying to playa game online with others, sometimes you cant

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Travis IV on 2007-12-30 14:59 ]</font>

I would say this to that.
If i canīt understand my fellow guardians friends..then what is the point?
I prefer chatting during missions on any pace and joke around.
A "silent/not understandable" party are parties i dispise especially..if they just grind the missions.
Then i might as well play solo. :S

Travis IV
Dec 30, 2007, 06:21 PM
even so, there is probably a bigger community of US importers on JP servers than there are actual US players of the US version

chokeitdown
Dec 30, 2007, 06:27 PM
uh no

Chuck_Norris
Dec 30, 2007, 07:37 PM
On 2007-12-30 15:21, Travis IV wrote:
even so, there is probably a bigger community of US importers on JP servers than there are actual US players of the US version

No, lol. There's maybe 50-100 importers on JP.