PDA

View Full Version : Idea: Rent-A-Hero Service

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 30, 2007, 07:08 PM
Okay, I thought of this idea while in bed today after waking up not so long ago. I don't know why, but I thought the idea was interesting, so I started contemplating the possiblities of the idea. The Rent-A-Hero service, reminiscent of Sega's titles of the same name that were never released State-side, the idea takes something PSU already has and makes it available to the player.

What anybody wanting to sign up for the Rent-A-Hero service would do, is go to any GUARDIANS branch and register your character data with a price for somebody to rent you. When a customer goes later to the counter, he or she will be able to select via a search function to help browse through available Rent-A-Heroes with the price being right.

After the player renting a hero has completed the transaction, he or she will receive a temporary Partner Card. The NPC of the Rent-A-Hero will contain the clothing, level, job level, pallet, and photon arts equipped when the original player signed up for their character to be in the service. The Rent-A-Hero will also function as a regular NPC, except with that player's name in a different color such as red or green to denominate that the Rent-A-Hero is simply a copy and not to confuse people with the original player. These Rent-A-Heroes use the player's chat shortcuts in battle. They will be randomly occurring in battle since there is no way for the game to tell what is appropriate for a given situation with all of the languages PSU supports.

Payment can be a set fee with meseta being split among the renter and the Rent-A-Hero much like how Random or Set in Order do (but only for the renter and the Rent-A-Hero if set for Give Finder) including a fee based on the Rent-A-Hero's preference for renting the temporary data. A single Rent-A-Hero can be rented by one player at a time and may be rented for up to two hours. Subsequent renting of the same Rent-A-Hero will have to be re-rented until the service for the original player runs out of time (24 hours from registration time).

I've also considered that idle-EXP can be earned instead of meseta dropped during missions. So basically, the Rent-A-Hero won't gain meseta during a mission or any mission points, but a lowered percentage of EXP can be earned (approx. 25%).

http://tenshin.infinitydev.net/images/rent-a-hero_example.jpg

--

Well, that's about it in a nutshell. Any comments or ideas to add?

Chuck_Norris
Dec 30, 2007, 07:29 PM
Sounds like a good idea. I'd like to do it.

Reginaldo
Dec 30, 2007, 07:36 PM
Lmao, nobody would want to rent me.

Fox_Makenshi
Dec 30, 2007, 07:53 PM
That sounds very interesting. Too bad it's too big of an improvement for SEGA to implement lol.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

pikachief
Dec 30, 2007, 07:53 PM
sounds awesome!

LOL RENT-A-KITTY XD

chaostroop3
Dec 30, 2007, 08:00 PM
rent a me

Hokokaru
Dec 30, 2007, 08:06 PM
Lol that would rock!! if we had it i would be in my room haggling with customers and out of no where LEVEL UP!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PALRAPPYS
Dec 30, 2007, 08:54 PM
lol...

When I'd go there I'd make my entire palette Resta, Giresta, and Reverser! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Then everyone would rent me because I'd only be support... lol. XD

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 30, 2007, 08:55 PM
I hope somebody at Sega reads this and makes it real.

KyEmo
Dec 30, 2007, 09:02 PM
On 2007-12-30 16:36, Reginaldo wrote:

O, I'd rent you Reggie...

Rawr <3

Jk.

Mio
Dec 30, 2007, 09:07 PM
everyone renting their alts http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Angelo
Dec 30, 2007, 09:17 PM
"Who are they?
Where are they comin' from?
Riskin' their own lives!!
Only one,
Thing we know;
They are always with us
Fighting for danger"

Chuck_Norris
Dec 30, 2007, 09:19 PM

Your NPC would probably go AFK at the start of the run.

Noblewine
Dec 30, 2007, 11:07 PM
I suppose, it be interesting. However how about just the other way around and actually calling the person when you need help.

Nanoframe
Dec 30, 2007, 11:23 PM
we could start rent a hero ourselves using player matchup. would work well if many people would want to do it

Aviva
Dec 30, 2007, 11:29 PM
if they could get this to work it would be awesome! Unless you are in the middle of a run and you have a RAH with you and its time runs out and then the rented dies LOL
]

ok it would be a little funny...anyways if ST could make this work i would probably want them to tackle the current server problems first THEN put the energy into fun extras like this

and send it to ST if you really want to make it a reality

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aviva on 2007-12-30 20:31 ]</font>

Laranas
Dec 30, 2007, 11:37 PM
I must be the only person not liking this idea. Then again, I think I'm in the minority when I say I play online games to cooperate with other humans.

pikachief
Dec 30, 2007, 11:40 PM

me neither they'd all think i'd jsut sit there and eat caek the whole time >.>

Ashkahn
Dec 30, 2007, 11:53 PM
(Obligatory "Is a lie" sentence.)

It would be a great thing to have, if only for sheer comedic value. Imagine people setting up the weirdest things to say, just to freak out renters.

Aviendha
Dec 30, 2007, 11:55 PM
This would be hilarious. A party of you and 3 friends, plus 2 of their clones...
I'd love to rent someone with only Barada Chamga on their palette. My PM already makes a great meat shield using it, but she doesn't use it enough. AT with only Giresta/Reverser would be great. Also the idea of an NPC that spams Chikki makes me laugh.

darkante
Dec 31, 2007, 12:35 AM
Lol, would be fitting if they break their Rent-A-Hero Service and snagged the exlusive Blackbull/Rattlesnake drop if it dropped for some reason and said.
"Serves you right for trusting this outlaw, goodbye to you sir and have a good day!" and runs off.

Tita
Dec 31, 2007, 12:50 AM
nifty idea, man.
gain exp while away from the game? rad!
have a party with your buddies and help them gain exp while they're away? rad!

i wonder how the game would use traps on an npc version of a protranser.... :

jcm5
Dec 31, 2007, 01:29 AM
On 2007-12-30 16:53, pikachief wrote:
sounds awesome!

LOL RENT-A-KITTY XD

i wanna rent a kitty lmao.. who would wanna rent poo?

pikachief
Dec 31, 2007, 01:58 AM
On 2007-12-30 22:29, jcm5 wrote:

On 2007-12-30 16:53, pikachief wrote:
sounds awesome!

LOL RENT-A-KITTY XD

i wanna rent a kitty lmao.. who would wanna rent poo?

lol i was about to ask who would want to rent Kitty XD

and i would want to rent poo just cuz of your name XD

Sychosis
Dec 31, 2007, 02:48 AM
On 2007-12-30 20:37, Laranas wrote:
I must be the only person not liking this idea. Then again, I think I'm in the minority when I say I play online games to cooperate with other humans.

Nah, you're not alone.

It sounds like a fun idea, but like Laranas said, this is and cooperative online multiplayer game. I can only see this further encouraging soloing.

And of course you will have "desirable" and "undesirable" heroes. Basically, every fortefighter in the world would take along buff/debuff/heal only ATs. Fortetechers would likely be left in the dust since bad damage + fragility + bad AI targeting = fail. Just look at Maya/Lumia XD

Shortcuts would also cause a problem. Nothing like renting a hero only to find out they are chock full of obscenities that makes the parrot sitting in your room cry.

Not to mention gaining exp with no work is akin to botting :/

Nanoframe had an interesting idea though. Going through player match-up and setting up "Rent A Hero" games. Items could be set to finder and the Hero gets all the meseta drops while all the items go to the customer. Like a helper for when you go hunting for something. Players could always negotiate their terms I guess. The only (big) problem I see is trust :/

Nanoframe
Dec 31, 2007, 03:35 AM
there would be hero feedback like on ebay hahahaa..... it might work somehow

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 31, 2007, 05:29 PM
On 2007-12-31 00:35, Nanoframe wrote:
there would be hero feedback like on ebay hahahaa..... it might work somehow

Yes, yes indeed.

And soloing rocks. I only have random parties to join and I'm sick of it. I'd much rather solo with a Rent-A-Hero.

KyEmo
Dec 31, 2007, 05:35 PM
You know you all would want to rent me.

I'm chock full of emo action phrases like: "I cut myself to remember I'm alive u_u", "No one understands me u_u" and "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND MY COMPLICATED INTELECT!".

guise709
Dec 31, 2007, 06:45 PM
something sega cant handle go ask blizzard or something.

pikachief
Dec 31, 2007, 07:10 PM
On 2007-12-31 14:35, KyEmo wrote:

I'm chock full of emo action phrases like: "I cut myself to remember I'm alive u_u", "No one understands me u_u" and "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND MY COMPLICATED INTELECT!".

no thnx it reminds me of how my gf used to be..... *shudders*

BUT WHO HERE WOULD WANNA RENT KITTY!? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif no really who? lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ThePendragon
Dec 31, 2007, 07:19 PM
This can be done. Shouldn't be difficult to set up. Who'd actually be interested in this? I'd love to start a service like this. Hell knows I could use it.

Ken_Silver
Dec 31, 2007, 07:34 PM
This would be a cool idea. That way people can play along with their alts and raise two characters at a time. It'd make role playing a lot more fun too (can role play as a duo.) I understand how some people would see this as a bad idea due to the idea of this game being a multiplayer game and all (and that is a very valid argument) but sometimes running random parties with "bad" players and having a hard time tracking your friends can get annoying. With this I think that it would be a feature that would catch on, but it wouldn't replace having an actual person joining your party. Remember, the Rent-a-hero (or Guardian for PSU) would only be as good as any other NPC, just a NPC. They're reliable only up to a point.

Nevertheless, this idea is awesome. I give it 5 stars and mail it to Sonic Team in hopes of it being implemented in a huge patch update, or more likely the next expansion of PSU (if there is one) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

pikachief
Dec 31, 2007, 08:00 PM
even if they dont give us an update for a month and then jsut give us this in our update after a month, it would be worth it i'd love this.

lol find someoen who can mail this to sega of Japan and SOA

Neith
Dec 31, 2007, 08:51 PM
Pretty cool idea I think- I know a lot of people don't like soloing, but for people who don't want to mix with random Uni 2 players (uni whatever on X360), this is a pretty novel idea.

If this was done via Player Matchup, it'd give the 'Hero' something to do, which might possibly spark some more interest in people who needed more. Of course, how successful something like this would be would depend entire on the 'Hero's' terms, and whether both parties trust each other (Hero trusting client not to take the money drops, client trusting Hero to not take the Items).

I'd consider doing it I guess- sometimes (particularly earlier in the day) I have very few of my regular friends online, so this'd give me something to do. If the money is good, of course http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

SStrikerR
Dec 31, 2007, 11:46 PM
On 2007-12-31 16:10, pikachief wrote:

On 2007-12-31 14:35, KyEmo wrote:

no thnx it reminds me of how my gf used to be..... *shudders*

BUT WHO HERE WOULD WANNA RENT KITTY!? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif no really who? lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

SStrikerR
Dec 31, 2007, 11:47 PM
jk

GreenArcher
Jan 1, 2008, 03:26 AM
This would be so broken lol, Level 1 characters renting 110 etc etc

tailz
Jan 1, 2008, 03:32 AM
On 2007-12-30 20:40, pikachief wrote:

me neither they'd all think i'd jsut sit there and eat caek the whole time >.>

ur sayin u wouldnt? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif