PDA

View Full Version : AotI: Human or Newman Acrotecher?

Mikura
Dec 30, 2007, 11:13 PM
Well, I'm bored and I've been mulling this over for awhile so I thought a few opinions would help in this decision. Before anyone answers, let me explain some details first:

I already have a female newman that's lvl 70 and AT 12. She also has a Solid / Power S. (Reason I bring this unit up should be made clear in the next few sentences.)

Now my male human is only lvl 22 and needs to unlock AT. (He needs ranger lvled first.)

I know humans have a stat boost as AT and would be better suited as a "well rounded" Acrotecher but this would mean I'd have to basically start from scratch. My only saving grace is I'd be able to transfer my lvled buffs and spells to the new character.

My other option is simply stay with my newman. I compared the stats between the two (mainly ATP difference) and the Solid / Power S more or less bridges the gap, making her 15 ATP shy of a male human's base ATP. Every other stat has minor differences except MST, TP, and EVP where newman all excels at.

So yeah, what would you guys suggest? The argument could be made that with the SPS, why make a human male but the human male could equip the SPS as well, further augmenting his strength. What do you think?

Shadow_Wing
Dec 30, 2007, 11:17 PM
check ur SM <<

Aviendha
Dec 30, 2007, 11:47 PM
It doesn't really make much difference either way. It's really not worth starting over with your lvl 22.

mvffin
Dec 31, 2007, 12:01 AM
you've already got an AT, make your human something else. WT, AF, GT, PT, whatever.

Mikura
Dec 31, 2007, 12:24 AM
On 2007-12-30 21:01, mvffin wrote:
you've already got an AT, make your human something else. WT, AF, GT, PT, whatever.

He's actually WT at the moment. I just never play him because I'm mainly on my beast FF or newman AT. It's probably not worth lvling AT on him yet but I may consider it in the future if and when all my techs are lvled and I start playing as him more often.

Pillan
Dec 31, 2007, 12:43 AM
If you're satisfied with your Newman's melee damage, there's no point in doing it. However, if you'd like on the order of 20% more melee damage (in addition to higher ATA thanks to the overpowered bonus...) and higher survivability at the cost of around 15% less tech damage, human Male is probably your better option.

If you want to switch, I'd suggest doing it soon so you'll suffer less trying to catch up in levels. Personally, I'd say no stat deviation is really worth starting a new character.

Mikura
Dec 31, 2007, 02:43 AM
On 2007-12-30 21:43, Pillan wrote:
If you're satisfied with your Newman's melee damage, there's no point in doing it. However, if you'd like on the order of 20% more melee damage (in addition to higher ATA thanks to the overpowered bonus...) and higher survivability at the cost of around 15% less tech damage, human Male is probably your better option.

If you want to switch, I'd suggest doing it soon so you'll suffer less trying to catch up in levels. Personally, I'd say no stat deviation is really worth starting a new character.

Well, he isn't exactly new...just really, really low. But yeah, it might as well be starting from lvl 1.

I think I'll stay as newman for the time being and if I feel up to it later, switch AT to my human. At some point, being weaker than everyone else is going to grate on my nerves. But right now, I can deal.

Sane
Dec 31, 2007, 03:24 AM
It all comes down to whether you absolutely need to do the most dmg possible all the time or not. I have a lvl 110 female newman lvl 10 AT and she can solo pretty much any mission in the game already. With the new whip PA using opposing element Vish Adacs she hits 600's on the first part and close to 1200's on the 2nd part, diga lvl 30 hits for 1600/1700 on non lightning enemies, lvl 20 cards do around 250 per bullet and her dagger dmg is around 800 a hit on hikai's first part (not sure about this one, could be lower). Yes, a human will do a little more except on the techs, question is, is it worth your time? Making a human is never a bad idea really, but if you're doing it just to play acrotecher I'd think it over for a bit first.