PDA

View Full Version : Level went up, stats went down?!

Valatar
Dec 31, 2007, 12:11 AM
I was doing the mission trail to Electric Brain earlier in my nice shiny new armor. Everything seemed fine up until I completed Military Subway, at which point I went from level 1 to level 2 in Acrotecher. This struck me as strange, 'cause I only had about 30 MP in the type at that point. But I shrugged it off and figured that the experience curve must've changed in the expansion or something. Once I entered Electric Brain, everything started kicking my ass. I was taking damage all over the place, when most attacks from Military Subway were just bouncing off. I chalked that up to the higher level monsters, finished the fight, and went home.

Upon getting back, I notice that my armor isn't equipped anymore, and that my DFP had dropped by 30 points. This is distressing me quite a bit, here. The only things that happened between having an 88 DFP and a 56 DFP were those missions, leveling up my character level to 39, and leveling Acrotecher to 2. Does anyone have an idea about how to set things right?

HFlowen
Dec 31, 2007, 12:13 AM
Acrotecher DFP at level 1 is glitched, after you get to level 2 it goes to what it should be.

Valatar
Dec 31, 2007, 12:14 AM
Bah, I'm a moron. Searching for 'stat loss' didn't find the answer, but searching for DFP found threads about the issue. Thanks, HFlowen!

Pillan
Dec 31, 2007, 12:32 AM
Are you sure it's the level 1 DFP that's the glitch and not the level 2? I skipped from 1 to 5 myself, so I never saw it go down, but I can tell you that AT is most likely supposed to have a static 100% DFP from level 1-10, and then it increases to 110% at 11.

I'm pretty sure AT is supposed to be a moderate DFP class.

tirith
Dec 31, 2007, 01:03 AM
i'm pretty sure when i lvld up my AT it went down from 1 to 2, then lvled up a lil bit from 3 onward, then hit lvl 10 and had to make up for the earlier lvls being easy to get through <i like it better that way i think, get acrotecher cought up to the other classes quick then actually earn the lvl before getting 11>

beatrixkiddo
Dec 31, 2007, 02:22 AM
I can verify DFP goes down from AT1 to AT2.

Guess I never took a screenshot of it, though. Couldn't find D:

Blue-Hawk
Dec 31, 2007, 08:26 AM
Ah, I thought that happened. I had the same thing once, but it looked like my armor was still equipped. And I couldn't drop it, either, for some reason.

desturel
Dec 31, 2007, 09:55 AM
Yup acrotechers dfp drops from level 1 to level 2, but goes back up to the level 1 DFP at level 5. This is all balanced by the fact that Acrotecher and Acrofighter need less MP to get from 1-10 than any of the other classes.

That condensed MP requirement for 1-10 is all crammed into the 10-11 level though. Levels MP requirements go back to normal from 11-15 though.

AC9breaker
Dec 31, 2007, 10:25 AM
lol that glitch is still there? I don't understand why it wasn't fixed when it was a known bug in the beta. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Akaimizu
Dec 31, 2007, 10:43 AM
They're probably not going to fix it because they're knee deep in it. Too many players are going through the process of levelling the class, so they simply deal with the 1-10 issues and get past it. It's more like late-level fixing than anything else.

Wallin
Dec 31, 2007, 12:23 PM
On 2007-12-31 06:55, desturel wrote:
This is all balanced by the fact that Acrotecher and Acrofighter need less MP to get from 1-10 than any of the other classes. That condensed MP requirement for 1-10 is all crammed into the 10-11 level though.

Doesn't that mean this isn't balanced at all then since you hit the 10-11 wall anyway? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif I thought they already fixed this actually, or maybe I was playing a different class then.

I like how slicers got nerfed when AoI came out, before or around the same time that the Japanese had their slicers nerfed, but they take weeks to months to fix the DFP bug and the Gacha machine... strange priorities...

Valatar
Dec 31, 2007, 12:54 PM
I did some leveling last night to get past the problem.

Level 1 > 2 DFP dropped from 88 to 56, had to dust off old Megaline in closet, very sad.
Level 2 > 3 DFP stayed the same. Gained a character level, DFP rose to 58
Level 3 > 4 DFP rose from 58 to 91, re-equipped shield line, life improved.