PDA

View Full Version : AotI-PC/PS2: Something I'm noticing about shops right now.

Powder Keg
Dec 31, 2007, 04:10 AM
After reading about what's going on with potential shop hacking and universes falling into the void temporarily, I did a shop search on items I usually keep tabs on, and they either aren't there, or nowhere the amount that was once there.

Did everyone panic and close their shop? Or is a lot of shit actually being taken? Just want to get an idea here.

edit: added pc/ps2 label

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Artea on 2007-12-31 01:10 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Dec 31, 2007, 04:11 AM
I swear, it's because the update took out the listings unless you take the items out and put them back in >_>

Or maybe people haven't updated because they're gone on holidays, or people shut down their shops. Who knows! Mine's still open, maybe ST will give me a free SPS for losing something worth a fraction of what an SPS is worth.

Xefi
Dec 31, 2007, 04:11 AM
could be the hacking going around. People probably panic and close down their shops. I locked my rooms long before the hacking started.

Powder Keg
Dec 31, 2007, 04:12 AM
On 2007-12-31 01:11, beatrixkiddo wrote:
I swear, it's because the update took out the listings unless you take the items out and put them back in >_>

Or maybe people haven't updated because they're gone on holidays, or people shut down their shops. Who knows! Mine's still open, maybe ST will give me a free SPS for losing something worth a fraction of what an SPS is worth.

I noticed that happened with one of my items at the update. But I checked things after that, like Svaltus Sword, Grand Cross, Frauduke...they were all there, now there's either significantly less, or none at all.

SirenV
Dec 31, 2007, 04:16 AM
If you lock your room, your sales are taken out of the list in the shop search, and I'm sure that's what alot of people did. In that sense, you're practically invisible.

Xefi
Dec 31, 2007, 04:19 AM
On 2007-12-31 01:16, SirenV wrote:
If you lock your room, your sales are taken out of the list in the shop search, and I'm sure that's what alot of people did. In that sense, you're practically invisible.

yes, that too. locking doors will make some items disappeared from the search engine.

Powder Keg
Dec 31, 2007, 04:20 AM
Really? Did they finally remove locked rooms from shops?

So if you lock your room, are you pretty much safe from anyone entering?

beatrixkiddo
Dec 31, 2007, 04:21 AM
Yeah, they removed locked shops from the results of (conditional only, I believe) searches.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 31, 2007, 04:22 AM
One thing I don't understand, maybe it's just me... but shouldn't you be willing to part with anything in your shop? I mean, if everything in my shop was magically wiped, I wouldn't care. It's in my shop because I'm willing to part with it. And, the only thing the hackers can touch anymore is what's in your shop anyways

THE JACKEL

Powder Keg
Dec 31, 2007, 04:23 AM
On 2007-12-31 01:22, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
One thing I don't understand, maybe it's just me... but shouldn't you be willing to part with anything in your shop? I mean, if everything in my shop was magically wiped, I wouldn't care. It's in my shop because I'm willing to part with it. And, the only thing the hackers can touch anymore is what's in your shop anyways

THE JACKEL

Not when you have a couple Sranks up for sale or something. The other junk, I agree though, because I had a lot of cheap A rank weapons available.

and, are you certain of this only being able to happen with shop items?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Artea on 2007-12-31 01:24 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 31, 2007, 04:27 AM
On 2007-12-31 01:23, Artea wrote:

THE JACKEL

Not when you have a couple Sranks up for sale or something. The other junk, I agree though, because I had a lot of cheap A rank weapons available.

and, are you certain of this only being able to happen with shop items?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Artea on 2007-12-31 01:24 ]</font>

I'm quite sure it's only possibly to mess with shop stuff. Just remove valuables til tomorrow if you're that worried

THE JACKEL

Xefi
Dec 31, 2007, 04:27 AM

THE JACKEL

it sounds reasonable, but some people doesnt like their stuffs on their shop to be stolen. You can try asking them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
Personally, people just want to make profit and not lose it. It's sad that Sega failed to protect player's exploitation from hackers. meh.

Xaeris
Dec 31, 2007, 04:48 AM
Yes, I'm willing to part with the stuff in my shop...in exchange for meseta. You wouldn't try that logic with the owner of a jewelery shop, would you?

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 31, 2007, 04:52 AM
On 2007-12-31 01:48, Xaeris wrote:
Yes, I'm willing to part with the stuff in my shop...in exchange for meseta. You wouldn't try that logic with the owner of a jewelery shop, would you?

sure I would, they can get reimbursed for things they had just as you can by sending a report to Sega. Things that are minimal losses, jewelry stores often ignore. If it's something significant they file it under insurance to get their money back. Here, we send a message to Sega, and they responded last time something big happened.

oh and btw, your biggest problem is that you even try to equate a jewelry store with a video game. Anything in this game can be found again, and there's an endless supply of it. Jewelry does not work nearly the same way.

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-12-31 01:54 ]</font>

Squid_Gogglez
Dec 31, 2007, 04:57 AM
On 2007-12-31 01:21, beatrixkiddo wrote:
Yeah, they removed locked shops from the results of (conditional only, I believe) searches.

Yes' very conditional,I'll get non shop rooms
once in a while though :? and only one time out 1000's
of searches i got a locked room. Wish they had more than 1 page to look at when we do searches.

Keely
Dec 31, 2007, 05:31 AM
My grand cross board was stolen :/. Time to file a report.

AnamanaAU
Dec 31, 2007, 06:40 AM
On 2007-12-31 01:11, RubySion wrote:
could be the hacking going around. People probably panic and close down their shops. I locked my rooms long before the hacking started.

I did the same.

EMPYREAN
Dec 31, 2007, 11:33 AM
i heard aboute some ppl hacking this game again so i was fast to close my shop. dont think ill open again untill next week.

Wallin
Dec 31, 2007, 12:10 PM

THE JACKEL

I fully agree with this and have said this time and time again - if you're not willing to lose something, don't put it in your shop or your room.

How many times has hacking been a major occurrence now? At least 4 times that I recall when I was actually playing (and the game has only beeen out for ~1 year, so pretty much count on being hacked at least once every 3 months at this point), I'm sure there's been more, and so far we've only been compensated once, and that took over a month for investigation and delivery, and I don't know how many people got screwed by Sega saying that their claim was false but I know there were a few.

As for the jewelry shop reference, if they get robbed at least they have insurance. Now maybe Sega is or will get better at this, but as a source of support, don't hold your breath on not being robbed, or being compensated in a timely manner, if at all. Do people have a right to cry when their shop, decos, and common box are tampered with? Well of course hacking isn't part of the normal game play, but is Sega going to listen to the crying? Hardly.

If you really want to sell an S-rank, post it in the forums or try to sell it in a lobby. If not, it's your own risk, whether you like it or not (don't cry to me about how it should be, that's just how it is). I've kept my shops closed since a few weeks before AoI came out and I doubt I'll ever open mine again unless Sega gives us another character slot so I can make a specific shop character without having to worry about storage and PM bombing /endrant *ahem*.

Take every precaution with what you put in your open rooms - if it's open to the public, under the mixed up laws of the Guardian Colony in section 777 clause 42 article 1337, eventually it will all pretty much become public property. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But they're your items, you should be the one to decide what to do with them.

Xaeris
Dec 31, 2007, 02:06 PM
On 2007-12-31 01:52, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
sure I would, they can get reimbursed for things they had just as you can by sending a report to Sega. Things that are minimal losses, jewelry stores often ignore. If it's something significant they file it under insurance to get their money back. Here, we send a message to Sega, and they responded last time something big happened.

oh and btw, your biggest problem is that you even try to equate a jewelry store with a video game. Anything in this game can be found again, and there's an endless supply of it. Jewelry does not work nearly the same way.

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-12-31 01:54 ]</font>

Equate? Analogies don't equate A to B; they're made to illustrate a relation present in both A and B. In either type of shop, you have potential profits being stolen from the owner. Just because you don't want something doesn't make it worthless. And if someone takes something of worth from you, most people would call that cause for irritation.

Yes, yes, it's a video game and all that jazz, but it still is a form of currency and performs the functions of currency within the game environment.

It's one thing to say that players should take measures to secure their valuables as a result of hackers running about. But to suggest that being concerned with the prospect of being robbed is unreasonable because "hey, you didn't really need them anyway" is...I'm sorry, I really just can't see where you're coming from.

Kylie
Dec 31, 2007, 02:31 PM
Hell, I know I did. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I don't have anything of interest in my shop, but the PM bombing and stuff that went on last year... I might be compensated for items, but no hacker is getting near my LV70+ B stat PM.