PDA

View Full Version : Cati / Power

D1ABOLIK
Dec 31, 2007, 04:22 AM
So i just hit level 70 with my main and want to go hunt the cati / power from De ragan S2. Its a boss box drop and i know they raised the rates on these. So to anyone who has hunted one since the expansion, do you think i actually stand a chance of finding this?? Cheapest in shops is 24 mill on 360 servers. Not payin that even if i did have it.

________
Vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/vaporizers)

beatrixkiddo
Dec 31, 2007, 04:23 AM
On 2007-12-31 01:22, D1ABOLIK wrote:
So i just hit level 70 with my main and want to go hunt the cati / power from De ragan S2. Its a boss box drop and i know they raised the rates on these. So to anyone who has hunted one since the expansion, do you think i actually stand a chance of finding this?? Cheapest in shops is 24 mill on 360 servers. Not payin that even if i did have it.

No, they didn't. AotI missions have more forgiving boss box drop rates, and all v1 mission ??? / Resist units had adjusted drop rates, but everything else is as hard to find as a needle in a haystack.

D1ABOLIK
Dec 31, 2007, 04:25 AM
On 2007-12-31 01:23, beatrixkiddo wrote:

On 2007-12-31 01:22, D1ABOLIK wrote:

AotI missions have more forgiving boss box drop rates, and all v1 mission ??? / Resist units had adjusted drop ratesI thought it was all armor units had an increase not just resist units.

________
Herbal health shop (http://herbalhealthshop.com)

beatrixkiddo
Dec 31, 2007, 04:28 AM
Mm, pretty sure no, but maybe someone who's found one since AotI can help out with that. I've personally never found jack shit from a v1 boss box except for Resist units and one Me/Quick way back in the day.

Xefi
Dec 31, 2007, 04:29 AM
i have been doing De Ragan S2 forever. I estimated around 250 runs so far and still nothing drops. I mean nothing drops at the boss box at all for me. What gives? -_-

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 31, 2007, 04:31 AM
whenever my friends want to hunt something that only drops in old PSU, I always go, ewwww old drop rates. lol

THE JACKEL

Bitey
Dec 31, 2007, 04:32 AM
Been hunting for a Solid / Power S these last few days on Crimson Beast S2. Considering I have not found one yet, I think it is pretty obvious that it is still just as rare as before, especially compared with the Resist units I will see drop about every 10 missions or so on True Darkness or White Beast...

D1ABOLIK
Dec 31, 2007, 04:34 AM
On 2007-12-31 01:28, beatrixkiddo wrote:
Mm, pretty sure no, but maybe someone who's found one since AotI can help out with that. I've personally never found jack shit from a v1 boss box except for Resist units and one Me/Quick way back in the day.

Only time i have ever gotten anything even remotely good from boss box drops have been AOTI missions. =/ Maybe if im lucky they will release a new AOTI mission or an S2 for an existing AOTI mission with cati / power as a drop.

________
FERRARI GG50 SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_GG50)

Xefi
Dec 31, 2007, 04:36 AM
your best bet is to wait for new AoI mission that will drop these power units. The best you can get are some resist units unless your one of those SUPER lucky people and get the item you wanted in one run. Luck>Effort

Vyre
Dec 31, 2007, 05:16 AM
Moment I hit lvl 70, I started playing Plains Overlord S2 for fun.
Within 12 runs done with 2 star luck:
2 Cati / Power
1 Kan Yu [B]
-- All 3 of which have been sold for enough meseta

Of course this is probably just because I have bizarre luck, but as other people have stated, you may wanna wait awhile or just play the mission for fun. You may get lucky that way, thats how my luck works.

Turbobrain
Dec 31, 2007, 05:45 AM
Yeah resist units had a major boost, and area drops(though PWand and Agito Repca still pretty tough to find AND the parts) on V1 missions.

I dont have a cati/power unit but I have Solid / Power S, Hard / Power Charge and Solid / Knight. I have had 2 Solid / Knights drop in about 30/40 runs I did while Serafi hunting and would say that this unit drops pretty often.After using all of them, I would say for the time it will take to get a Cati/Power and the actual benefit of having the unit I would either hunt or buy a Solid / Knight. Really, for me the difference is subtle and as I assume your playing melee type, your time would be better spent hunting better weapons.

Besides, as people are saying this unit is a nightmare to find, only other thing that drops there(Plains Overlord) worth mentioning is Kan-Yu[B](I think theres two on PC/PS2 server? it is RARE!), Storm[B] and Stormline[B]. In the mission 2HR(which 1up made the one of themost common S rank's on the game... 300k on PC/PS2 server). There is someone who is recording there search for a Kan-Yu[B] on the official site on the excavations forum. I believe he's done over 1000 runs, found no Kan-Yu[B] but 3 Cati/ Power's, so thats roughly 1 every 333 runs.

At your level it's going to take sometime to get to the boss solo, and it is a longish mission where nothing drops except from the boss so really I would say do something else that has good drops in mission and from the boss. I have a feeling that by the time you find a Cati/ Power something else better will be available better and easier to find! If you simply MUST have this unit, I believe it drops on Dual Sentinal(better drops though a longer mission byt more fun IMO... Pyscho-Wand a possible area drop to which maybe you could trade for a cati/ power.... perhaps) and I think it drops from Dual in the Ruin(or is that cati / hit?) if it does thats a faster mission to run*goes to check as I'm wondering now*. Good luck anyway!

Turbobrain
Dec 31, 2007, 05:47 AM
On 2007-12-31 02:16, Vyre wrote:
Moment I hit lvl 70, I started playing Plains Overlord S2 for fun.
Within 12 runs done with 2 star luck:
2 Cati / Power
1 Kan Yu [B]
-- All 3 of which have been sold for enough meseta

Of course this is probably just because I have bizarre luck, but as other people have stated, you may wanna wait awhile or just play the mission for fun. You may get lucky that way, thats how my luck works.

Inb4 pics or it didnt happen.