PDA

View Full Version : Why do S rank missions NOT drop the lower mission rewards?

MSAksion
Dec 31, 2007, 02:12 PM
okay lets say i want a NEI claw AND a SHATO off of Sakura Blast.

The Shato Drops ONLY on S and A rank.
The Nei Claw Drops ONLY on C and B rank.

Why doesn't the Nei Claw ALSO drop on S and A?

Anything less than S is no PA frags and worthless tiny tiny exp for a high level character. Enemies die in 2 hits and thus not enough Photon Art training. Its really just a waste of time unless you have a lowbie Alt.

Why would a level 110 have to suffer through a C or B rank in the hopes of finding the C or B rank Jigoboomas, get the Nei Claw THEN do an A or S rank to find a SHATO?

elitehippie
Dec 31, 2007, 02:15 PM
why would you want a piece of shit b rank to drop on S when i am hunting for s ranks on S if i wanted a shitty b rank claw than i would do a shitty b rank mission nuff said

JAFO22000
Dec 31, 2007, 02:17 PM
...because ST hates you.

Akaimizu
Dec 31, 2007, 02:18 PM
Actually, it makes sense. It (except for the fact you can still get Monomate and boards for it on S ranks) helps keep the rewards better on higher missions. Besides, the counter for the fact you play on a lower level mission is that you can finish those quick as lightning. Thus you can run them a lot more in less time, and have a much easier time getting your lower weapons.

beatrixkiddo
Dec 31, 2007, 02:34 PM
On 2007-12-31 11:12, MSAksion wrote:
okay lets say i want a NEI claw AND a SHATO off of Sakura Blast.

The Shato Drops ONLY on S and A rank.
The Nei Claw Drops ONLY on C and B rank.

Why doesn't the Nei Claw ALSO drop on S and A?

Anything less than S is no PA frags and worthless tiny tiny exp for a high level character. Enemies die in 2 hits and thus not enough Photon Art training. Its really just a waste of time unless you have a lowbie Alt.

Why would a level 110 have to suffer through a C or B rank in the hopes of finding the C or B rank Jigoboomas, get the Nei Claw THEN do an A or S rank to find a SHATO?

Because Nei Claw is a B-Rank weapon, and it's not intended to be seriously used by a level 110?

Umberger
Dec 31, 2007, 02:45 PM
If you're trying to get EXP, PA Frags or PA levels on your character, don't do it while hunting rares on a low rank...simple enough. Monsters don't need to retain their old drops, because it would just make the higher level drops even more rare, and you'd see a load of "Photon Drop'd" pictures from monsters dropping 7-9* weapons/boards, or even worse...experience them yourself. =x

mvffin
Dec 31, 2007, 02:55 PM
neiclaw is really good though, if grinded well its almost as good as an A claw, plus the HP steal puts it over the top. not to mention it looks badass. my 88 AF uses it. =)

Xaeris
Dec 31, 2007, 02:58 PM
On 2007-12-31 11:34, beatrixkiddo wrote:

Because Nei Claw is a B-Rank weapon, and it's not intended to be seriously used by a level 110?

I disagree with that actually. The life drain's easily makes up for the ATP it lacks from a higher grade claw, especially when the difference is placed on top of an fF's base ATP.

It seems to me that the Nei Claw is B rank (and thus drops in C and B) to give newer players a chance at an early rare for themselves, or to give them something to sell to those higher up who can't be bothered to muck about in C and B.

RedMussel
Dec 31, 2007, 03:00 PM
This is like saying, why doesn't Electronic Brain S drop C rank twin saber board on S too...

_K1_
Dec 31, 2007, 03:04 PM
Just do the S runs and use the money to buy the Neiclaw maybe? That would also keep you from getting stuck with a low percentage.

Sekani
Dec 31, 2007, 09:01 PM
On 2007-12-31 12:00, RedMussel wrote:
This is like saying, why doesn't Electronic Brain S drop C rank twin saber board on S too...

You can still get Monomate boards from the boss boxes on any S/S2 mission, so... why the hell not?

Krisan
Dec 31, 2007, 09:20 PM
On 2007-12-31 11:58, Xaeris wrote:
It seems to me that the Nei Claw is B rank (and thus drops in C and B) to give newer players a chance at an early rare for themselves, or to give them something to sell to those higher up who can't be bothered to muck about in C and B.

That's not the reason. Take a close look at the ATP requirement on it sometime, no lower leveled player is going to be able to equip that before they're already prepared to move onto A-Ranks.

Truth be told, its rank makes no sense at all for what it is. (And it is a very powerful claw that easily compares to any A-Rank claw out there, especially so if grinded properly.)

Aviendha
Dec 31, 2007, 09:22 PM
On 2007-12-31 11:58, Xaeris wrote:

On 2007-12-31 11:34, beatrixkiddo wrote:

I disagree with that actually. The life drain's easily makes up for the ATP it lacks from a higher grade claw, especially when the difference is placed on top of an fF's base ATP.

Its a neat novelty item. I'd rather equip a good claw and use mates though.

Rashiid
Dec 31, 2007, 09:23 PM
On 2007-12-31 11:17, JAFO22000 wrote:
...because ST hates you.

Basically =/

Turbobrain
Dec 31, 2007, 09:28 PM
It would be great if they did, like on PSO.... lol I can see me feeding giving away 2HR like Flowens swords or DB Sabers on PSOoh wait, people already do that with 2HR's. It would be nice if new missions had body parts(ie like Hive had Gaozoran Rod mats, Carriguinic Blades... I seemed to find them more OFTEN at low levels as it goes... over 250TD S, 200TD S2 runs and not ONE Gaozoran rod mat or board... every other board from the monstors in mission but that one....

Anyway, OT, it would be nice if stuff was more 'spread' from the diiferent ranks but I wonder if theres enough weapons in the game to do that before, in a few months time, you would run lvl 200 S2's and find every <*12 drop in like 3 runs.

It does suck that missions like MB, the drops in the mission suck(9*...) other than a unit and there are like 4 decent boss drops... Azatoth takes like 20 minutes to get the boss(and most of the time another 10-20 minutes 'killing' it) 20 minutes is a long time when your cappedm your PA's are capped and all you have to stimulate you is drops(I solo a lot) and you know by and large they are not the best rares.

This is why I LOVE the V1 Hive missions. Good drops from monsters and from boss at all ranks(IMO).

Libram
Dec 31, 2007, 10:14 PM
I more enjoy the fact that it is B Rank. When I decide to switch my characters' classes around I will still have a lovely claw I can use as a simple Hunter.