PDA

View Full Version : Keyboards for the 360

Tokori
Dec 31, 2007, 07:40 PM
Can you just use a normal USB keyboard for the 360? I'm tired of voice chat now...there are a lot of annoying little children that sound like buzzing bees and high pitched squeals in my ear. I'd much rather type.

Deissa
Dec 31, 2007, 07:41 PM
Yes, any old USB keyboard will do.

Pengfishh
Dec 31, 2007, 07:45 PM
Gamestop was selling a little Logitech USB keyboard for ten bucks. Granted, I bought it a year ago when PSU was first released, but I thought it was a stellar deal.

pikachief
Dec 31, 2007, 08:11 PM
On 2007-12-31 16:40, Tokori wrote:
Can you just use a normal USB keyboard for the 360? I'm tired of voice chat now...there are a lot of annoying little children that sound like buzzing bees and high pitched squeals in my ear. I'd much rather type.

hmm i never get children :/ lol

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 31, 2007, 08:19 PM
Yeah I don't ever really hear children yelling or screaming either. But uh yeah, USB keyboard works perfectly. I actually use a Japanese USB keyboard.

Mattblaah
Dec 31, 2007, 08:49 PM
I use one, havent even tried chatting yet. Only problem is some partys kick you if you dont have a mic.

DrAcid
Dec 31, 2007, 09:58 PM

well umm...its simple. mute the kids...i mean thats exactly what the mute function is for LOL. lil kids are known to be annoying and loud so xbl created the mute button...ur prolly a girl tho girls are too nice like "omg no i dont wanna be mean but, blahblahblah" Just mute the person thats what ur supposed to do...that feature exists for a reason. and its not like the kids are gonna desperatley try to talk to you then cry and feel bad once u dont respond....>_>

omegapirate2k
Dec 31, 2007, 10:11 PM
Muting them is always a favorable option, but yeah, to answer your question and to reiterate what has been said multiple times already, any old USB keyboard will do.

ModPhobie
Dec 31, 2007, 11:01 PM

First off, As many others said, muting is a great option.

Second, I'm sure you have some other experienced buddies to level up with.

Lastly, Any Usb key boared will work just fine:D

Raine_Loire
Jan 1, 2008, 10:12 PM
I actually have gone the same route as you, I don't use the mic, I don't even plug it in most of the time. I'm telling you, mouth breathers, or throat clearers, or the guys with the fans in the background- well I used to have to stop playing because of getting headaches. Laguna will actually tell people to turn off their mics if they aren't talking about the game, but people don't always listen. Since I'm not him, I don't want to be combative, I just use a kb and shortcuts. I've never once encountered a party that booted if you didn't have a mic, and honestly, why would you want to be in a party like that?

One exception would be timed stuff, HSM and the 1up events, where you have to communicate with other people. In a normal run, there really isn't a need for voice chat.

Oh, btw, I recommend a wireless KB, it's really a lot more convenient. I have a cheapo one from Walmart, came with a kb and mouse, but it's sucky. Laguna got a really nice Logitech one for $30 though, I play on his console whenever he's gone just to use it ^_^

Telina
Jan 1, 2008, 10:38 PM
yea, wireless keyboards are the way to go. they cost a bit more, but its hard to find a keyboard with a usb cable longer than three feet or so :

pikachief
Jan 1, 2008, 10:40 PM
i also dont know what u gusy are talking about with the heavy breathing type..... i've never experienced it in any XBL game ever.

i always just thought it was a joke :/

Telina
Jan 1, 2008, 10:48 PM
you've never played with a person with the mic practically down their throat? lol i don't hear it often in PSU but it happens a lot during halo or things of the like. But just so you know, if you have no mic plugged in the voices come from your tv speakers

StanleyPain
Jan 2, 2008, 12:56 AM
The best keyboard is the Logitech PS2 keyboard...it's USB so it'll work anywhere, and it's a great size for working with PSU and has a nice, long cable.

The downside is that for some dumb reason PSU doesn't recognize most of the keypresses that the 360 dashboard does. For example, you can't use the up-down keys to scroll through in-gane menu options or shops or anything, which is annoying. And the F keys won't activate the quick-chat options, despite the fact that's how it worked in PSO.

Akaimizu
Jan 2, 2008, 01:11 AM
Yeah, the PSU keyboard thing for 360 is definitely an odd translation. I notcied that it seemed to work different than your typical 360 game, which just uses the 360's built-in USB keyboard controller. Just like voice chat, it seems ST always has to code some intercept for an otherwise fine-working built-in function. Not surprisingly, it doesn't work quite as well as the other games, too. At least it works good enough.