PDA

View Full Version : Which Class/Race combinations do you think compare to PSO cl

Ocin
Dec 31, 2007, 09:40 PM
This is a discussion I came upon in Clyez one day. We were discussing about PSO, and started to think about which Classes are like PSO's classes. We figured that Wartecher, of course, is a HUmar, and the Human is the most likely fit for it, obviously. Later, I began thinking about it, and decided that Guntechers were then RAmars if Wartechers were HUmars. But, what about others? The four forces differed in certain ways in PSO, and I've not used many of the forces on PSO, or many of the classes on PSU, so I can barely say.

And, before anyone mentions it, I do recognize that the two games are very different from one another, and shouldn't be compared too seriously to one another. This is really just for the heck of it, and with the PSO Area and Costume remakes approaching, I figured, why not? We could even make some kind of a chart for it.

So, what classes in this game do you think equate to PSO's classes?

Krisan
Dec 31, 2007, 09:49 PM
Human F - Guntecher - RAmarl (They were pretty good with Techs as well as ranged.)
Newman F - Wartecher - HUnewearl (Come on.. HUmar? Daggers and Techs and such.. definitely HUney)
Cast F - Fighgunner - HUcaseal (They specialized in Doubles..)
Human F - Acrotecher - FOmarl (They specialized in support spells, afterall..)
Cast M - Fortefighter - HUcast (It just makes sense.)
Cast M - Fortegunner - RAcast (Again, makes sense.)

Eh, I could do more but I don't feel like it right now.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 31, 2007, 10:14 PM
Female Newman Fortetecher = FOnewearl
Male Newman Fortetecher = FOnewm
Female Human Acrotecher = FOmarl
Male Human Acrotecher = FOmar
Female Human Guntecher = RAmarl
Male Human Guntecher = RAmar
Female CAST Fortegunner = RAcaseal
Male CAST Fortegunner or Protranser (?) = RAcast
Female Newman Wartecher - HUnewearl
Male Human Fortefighter, Acrofighter, Fighgunner, or Wartecher = HUmar
Female CAST Fighgunner = HUcaseal
Male CAST Fortefighter = HUcast

SolRiver
Jan 1, 2008, 02:11 AM
stat-wise

HUcast- Fortefighter M cast- ATP+ATA
HUmar- Wartecher M human- Balance
HUcaseal- Acrofighter/fighgunner F cast- ATP+ATA- less atp and more ata than HUcast
HUnewearl- Wartecher F human- Balance
RAmar- Fortegunner M cast- highest ATA
RAmarl- Guntecher F human- balance
RAcast- Fortegunner F cast- highest DFP + gun
RAcaseal- Fortegunner F newman- highest EVP + gun
FOnewearl- Fortetecher F newman- highest MST/TP
FOnewm- Fortetecher M newman- 2nd to all in MST/TP but more everything else aside EVP than FOnewearl
FOmarl- Acrotecher/Fortetecher F human- Highest survial rate in Force with support, 2nd lowest ATA
FOmar- Acrotecher/Fortetecher M beast- highest force ATP, lowest force ATA

Didn't count first class.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2007-12-31 23:12 ]</font>

Alisha
Jan 1, 2008, 03:47 AM
the idea of even comparing arotecher to fomarl makes me gag. beast wartecher is a much better comparison.

CelestialBlade
Jan 1, 2008, 03:49 AM
I actually like Female Newman Guntecher as RAmarl, since we do support so well now.

Krisan
Jan 1, 2008, 06:52 AM
On 2008-01-01 00:47, Alisha wrote:
the idea of even comparing arotecher to fomarl makes me gag. beast wartecher is a much better comparison.

Well, not that anyone plays Acrotecher accurately.. but class-wise, they are both supportive casters, so yea. It isn't like any of these can REALLY be compared to one another though, since the two games play too differently, but if you boil it down to race and class role.. the conversion is pretty straight forward. (if not failing in practice.)

Neith
Jan 1, 2008, 09:54 AM
Acrotecher is much more similar to FOmarl than a Beast WT. Ability to melee (but not be that great at it), with powerful support techs.

As much as it makes me cringe comparing PSU classes to PSO classes:
HUmar: Male Human Fighgunner, Wartecher if you're one of those who actually used techs.
HUnewearl: Ugh. Female Newman Wartecher, I guess. Not that it even feels remotely similar.
HUcast: Male Cast Fortefighter, not hard.
HUcaseal: Female Cast Acrofighter (or Fighgunner?)
RAmar: Male Human Guntecher / Fortegunner
RAmarl: Whatever class allowed you to destroy everything with Guns, Techs, Melee, or by simply being in an enemy's presence. Hate. RAmarls.
RAcast: Male Cast Protranser/Fortegunner
RAcaseal: Female Cast Fortegunner
FOmar: Depends how you played it, since FOmar/l could be played in an abundance of different ways.
FOmarl: See FOmar
FOnewm: Male Newman Fortetecher
FOnewearl: Female Newman Fortetecher

In all honesty though, most of the classes in PSU play very differently- and the games themselves feel really different now. And before this topic turns into it, no, I don't want PSO class names in PSU. Ever.

-Tidus_415-
Jan 1, 2008, 01:00 PM
HUnewearl is NOT wartecher. Who actually even used attack techs as a HUnewearl? Or better yet even a wand? (WT gets S-rank Wand) It was all about Shifta/Deband/Resta/Anti and thats it...

HUnewearl = Fighgunner (The game even gives you a 3% stat bonus when you're a Newman Fighunner.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Tidus_415- on 2008-01-01 10:15 ]</font>

DavidNel
Jan 1, 2008, 01:04 PM
I always thought of the HUcast of more of a FiGunner... I guess that's because mine used mechguns with awsome results back when I played.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 1, 2008, 01:11 PM
I don't know, I think a HUcast is more of a Fortefighter, mostly because in PSO, it was the class with the highest ATP and HP and all. HUcast was the brute strength guy of the bunch, which is why at least I see it as a Fortefighter.

Neith
Jan 1, 2008, 01:37 PM
On 2008-01-01 10:00, -Tidus_415- wrote:
HUnewearl is NOT wartecher. Who actually even used attack techs as a HUnewearl? Or better yet even a wand? (WT gets S-rank Wand) It was all about Shifta/Deband/Resta/Anti and thats it...

If you didn't use Attack Techs as a HUnewearl, you were missing out a lot I think. Especially at lower levels, when you couldn't hurt things like Pan Arms with melee (and I don't think you could find Dark/Hell weapons very easily at low level unless your character was kitted in hand-me-downs). Rabarta for Ill Gills when soloing, to stop them shoulder-barging you and lining you up for the pin to floor -> Death Scythe. Gizonde for the Sil Dragon when it flew.

True, 90% of the time you used Techs as a HUnewearl, it was Resta/Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure/Anti, but you had Lv20 attack techs for a reason. While you weren't going to use them as much as say, a FOnewearl (lol @ attack techs being used for damage online though), you had them as an extra bit of help. Especially against things like the already mentioned Ill Gill- you either melee'd them and constantly risked getting one-hit killed/shocked/frozen, tried shooting them (good luck with HUney ATA), or debuffed them, and got mowed over while doing it. Using something like Rabarta spam to freeze them not only stun-locked them, but when the Freeze SE landed, you could pile on the debuffs, pull out [weapon of choice] and go to work.

Even with all the new classes- there is no class that plays like a HUnewearl- and there shouldn't be. As much as I loved the class in PSO, these are different games, so let them be different.

*gets the hell out before another PSO vs PSU thread erupts*

SolRiver
Jan 1, 2008, 03:37 PM
If HUnewearl is fighgunner, they would have higher ATA than HUcast who is a fortefighter. etc etc etc

Angelo
Jan 1, 2008, 04:03 PM
PSO classes:

HUmar: Human - Male - Fighgunner
HUnewearl: Newman - Female - Wartecher
HUcast: CAST - Male - Fortefighter
HUcaseal: CAST - Female - Fighgunner

RAmar: Human - Male - Guntecher
RAcast: CAST - Male - Fortegunner
RAcaseal: CAST - Female - Fortegunner
RAmarl: Human - Female - Guntecher

FOmar: Human - Male - Acrotecher
FOnewm: Newman - Male - Fortetecher
FOmarl: Human - Female - Acrotecher
FOnewearl: Newman - Female - Fortetecher.

PSO classes I just made up for the hell of it:

HUmarl: Human - Female - Acrofighter
HUnewm: Newman - Male - Wartecher
HUbeast: Beast - Male - Fortefighter
HUbeseal: Beast - Female - Fortefighter

RAnewm: Newman - Male - Guntecher
RAnewearl: Newman - Female - Guntecher
RAbeast: Beast - Male - Protranser
RAbeseal: Beast - Female - Fortegunner

FOcast: CAST - Male - Wartecher
FOcaseal: CAST - Female - Acrotecher
FObeast: Beast - Male - Wartecher
FObeseal: Beast - Female - Fortetecher

Aviendha
Jan 1, 2008, 04:03 PM
On 2008-01-01 10:11, Shiroryuu wrote:
I don't know, I think a HUcast is more of a Fortefighter, mostly because in PSO, it was the class with the highest ATP and HP and all. HUcast was the brute strength guy of the bunch, which is why at least I see it as a Fortefighter.

Wouldn't that be a Beast FF then?

Angelo
Jan 1, 2008, 04:07 PM
On 2008-01-01 13:03, Aviendha wrote:

I thought we were doing "What such-and-such class would be like if they were in PSU".

Aviendha
Jan 1, 2008, 04:11 PM
On 2008-01-01 13:07, Angelo wrote:

I thought we were doing "What such-and-such class would be like if they were in PSU".

I guess, but Casts don't really serve the same role as race they used to.

Angelo
Jan 1, 2008, 04:14 PM
On 2008-01-01 13:11, Aviendha wrote:

On 2008-01-01 13:07, Angelo wrote:

I guess, but Casts don't really serve the same role as race they used to.

CASTs are still insane brutes when it comes to ATP. I think they just get overshadowed by beasts now who are, in my opinion, not that much better than CASTs when it comes to playing Melee.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 1, 2008, 04:56 PM
Yeah, that's pretty true, CASTs may not be #1 anymore, but they still have pretty awesome ATP, and they're pretty awesome at Fortefighter. They do better than the average middle ground (Human), and better than average == Awesome. CASTs are closer to Humans than they are to CASTs in all of the fighter classes (especially Acrofighter), but that doesn't mean they're not strong as hell.

Dragwind
Jan 1, 2008, 08:46 PM
Generic PSU IS NOT PSO post.

Akaimizu
Jan 2, 2008, 12:24 AM
I guess Ramarl is closest described at a Human Female Guntecher, though I have a hard time saying it without smiling. Mainly because well, PSO Ramarls were dreadnaughts. Absolutely killers in which their mid-late game was absolute killer without effort. With effort, you basically were overkill. Guntechers here, when used with great effort and resources, are good, but not practical cheesemonsters like the PSO *ahem* equivalents.

Ahh, I remember my late PSO days when I played a Ramarl, liking the balance of guns and techs, but never realizing how powerful they made them before I chose that class.

Laranas
Jan 2, 2008, 12:42 AM
On 2008-01-01 10:00, -Tidus_415- wrote:
That sounds... just like a Wartecher to me. I don't see too many of us WT abusing the destructive power of our Lv20 techs.

Akaimizu
Jan 2, 2008, 12:46 AM
Some do, though. I remember quite a few discussions about those WTs talking about making use of attack techs. It's just that the popularity of such is not as known. Some ATs also struggle with the use of Attack techs, as well. However, some of that is because there's a lot to wrap the mind around trying to make use of 3 areas of combat.

Alisha
Jan 2, 2008, 01:50 AM
i reiterate AT does not = fomarl. i was somewhat of a fomarl evangelist so lets go over the finer points

strengths-hp,dfp,atp while their actual atp score was not all that high they had access to weapons that allowed them to melee better than a ranger. this part is a metter of opinion but i didnt enjoy fomarl because it let me support others but because it provided independence and self reliance. in my opinion AT's melee is so gimp with level 20 skills they are more like a pso fonewearl. while fomarls and WT's are more like D&D style clerics without the blunt wepon restriction.

xennec
Jan 2, 2008, 01:51 AM
I agree with most of what is being said, but HUnewearl =/= female newman wartecher. My best friend played a HUnewearl in PSO and plays a female newman wartecher in PSU. The playstyle of a HUnewearl was much more focused on melee than a female newman wartecher should ever be. IMO Hunewearl would be closer to female human wartecher. A human has a much better balance of melee and techs compared to a newman. HUnewearl was all about balancing those two types of attacks.

Akaimizu
Jan 2, 2008, 01:55 AM
I don't know about you, but ATs with Melee can possibly inflict well over 4000+ damage in just one single melee combo. I've seen it, and done it. (3000+ grand in just the 2nd part of a whip special) I will never, in my life, call that gimp. Not in PSU.

Starrz
Jan 2, 2008, 04:22 AM
Balance wise
RAmarl -> Male Beast FF

:]