PDA

View Full Version : AotI-XBox 360: ST Boots for Spoiliers and Poor Grammar =/

pokefiend
Dec 31, 2007, 10:21 PM
And by "boot", I mean kicked off the server.

When I first heard about this new "censorboot", I snickered to myself. I thought it was really funny how now ST was booting people for bad language. Likewise, I presumed it'd never happened to me, as long as I'd never swore.

Unfortunately I was wrong. Today I encountered two occasions where I was erruptly sent an "interupt request". Neither the two phrases I typed, resulting in my boot, were meant to be offensive or inappropriate at all. Nevertheless Sonic Team thought it'd be wise, to boot me anyhow.

After logging back on, I immediately recorded each phrase:

WARNING: BY TYPING THESE PHRASES IN PSU, THERE IS A HIGH LIKELIHOOD YOU'LL GET BOOTED OFF THE SERVER! PROCEED WITH CAUTION! XD

Phrase #1"you can always w
ait for Epi 3 Chap
ter 2 to be"

As we all can see, Sonic Team is quickly threatened by players compromising their story amongst other less informed players. To discourage spoiliers from leeking, Sonic Team is willing to boot anyone attempting to spread unreleased information.

Phrase #2"it's always nice t
o seeing a Soda J
igga fail, and"

As we all can see, by adding the "ing" after the "see", I made my phrase grammically unproper, which by the eyes of Sonic Team, warrants a server boot.

Sonic Team seems to not only boot players off the PSU servers for bad language, but equally, they boot players who announce story spoiliers and players who practice bad grammar.

EVERYONE BE WARNED NOW: IF YOU ARE CAUGHT SPILLING SPOILIERS OR USING BAD GRAMMAR, SONIC TEAM WILL NOT HESITATE TO BOOT YOU OFF THE PSU SERVERS!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pokefiend on 2007-12-31 19:52 ]</font>

HFlowen
Dec 31, 2007, 10:28 PM
It's a chat box overflow from using a censored word.

"you can always"

Topic gets 2/10 for effort.

Xefi
Dec 31, 2007, 10:29 PM
what the heck? this is completely utterly uncomprehensible situation i have ever seen. Sega just wants to lose more and more customers. It is bad enough that they censored some of the harmless words, but now, they boot people too? Not too bright.

HFlowen
Dec 31, 2007, 10:32 PM
It's more of Microsoft's fault for their dumbass censorship standards and making the entire text box turn into "&#%^!@#$^*^%#$%$@#%$#" which causes an overflow.

EDIT: Actually, this reminds me of the DC version 1 days when your game would crash when you typed "llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll" into the entire text box.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-12-31 19:33 ]</font>

Indica
Dec 31, 2007, 10:34 PM
Next month Sega and Microsoft will force you to read Bible verses when you log onto PSU, and you must accept the agreement of having Jesus Christ in your heart as personal savior before entering your room

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Indica on 2007-12-31 19:34 ]</font>

AC9breaker
Dec 31, 2007, 10:36 PM
lmao thats awesome. I didn't know you get booted for cursing. and here I thought I just had a shitty connection.

Its like playing Operation blindfolded and drunk!
I like how you deduced that the censored word was anal from that sentence Hflowen. ;o

bahk
Dec 31, 2007, 10:36 PM
On 2007-12-31 19:34, Indica wrote:
Next month Sega and Microsoft will force you to read Bible verses when you log onto PSU, and you must accept the agreement of having Jesus Christ in your heart as personal savior before entering your room

But I heard Dark Falz was the true Jesus.

pokefiend
Dec 31, 2007, 10:41 PM
On 2007-12-31 19:28, HFlowen wrote:
It's a chat box overflow from using a censored word.

"you can always"

Topic gets 2/10 for effort.

lol I'm not dumb. I already found all of the misinterpretations with my phrases. I just thought I'd add alittle spin to the subject.

BTW nice eye, but you missed the other misinterpretation in the phrase. The term "Epi" was likely interpreted by the system as "Epi Pen", which is utterly inapropriate.

The term "Jigga" in the second phrase was just as likely interpreted by the system as "ni--" eh, I'm not black http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pokefiend on 2007-12-31 19:46 ]</font>

Noblewine
Dec 31, 2007, 10:44 PM
which hub? PS2/PC or Xbox. Sorry stupid question.

pokefiend
Dec 31, 2007, 10:48 PM
Well I'm on Xbox 360, but up until just recently, I thought it didn't matter =/

Xefi
Dec 31, 2007, 10:50 PM
i wonder if you could get the boot for making fun of Sega...haha..lol. Because me and my little brother always talk smack of their censoring. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

SStrikerR
Dec 31, 2007, 11:01 PM
I lol'd.

CelestialBlade
Dec 31, 2007, 11:01 PM
Someone complain to ST about Laia saying "Damn" like 5 times in Story Mode. BECAUSE IT'S IN THE FILTER IT MUST BE BAD.

A2K
Dec 31, 2007, 11:10 PM
On 2007-12-31 19:32, HFlowen wrote:
It's more of Microsoft's fault for their dumbass censorship standards and making the entire text box turn into "&#%^!@#$^*^%#$%$@#%$#" which causes an overflow.

EDIT: Actually, this reminds me of the DC version 1 days when your game would crash when you typed "llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll" into the entire text box.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-12-31 19:33 ]</font>

I'm more inclined to believe this (an overflow bug) instead of it being a "feature" inserted purposefully.

ShawnLeeGuku
Dec 31, 2007, 11:14 PM
On 2007-12-31 19:34, Indica wrote:

I'm an atheist, but does having a character named "Jebus Khrist" count? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif