PDA

View Full Version : Speculation on Requirements for the Master Classes

NNEONateDogg
Jan 1, 2008, 03:46 AM
If the master classes come out, which I hope they do, what do you think the requirements will be for a Fighmaster/Gunmaster/Masterforce/Acromaster?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NNEONateDogg on 2008-01-01 00:54 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NNEONateDogg on 2008-01-03 05:18 ]</font>

Indica
Jan 1, 2008, 03:50 AM
Master Classes have been confirmed but now that all classes will reach to LV20, It's really impossible to speculate what the requirements are for Master

CelestialBlade
Jan 1, 2008, 03:57 AM
When'd they get confirmed?

Krisan
Jan 1, 2008, 06:46 AM
We've known for quite awhile now that Sega is intending to release three new classes in January (JP PC/PS2) actually. And the only class names in data we don't already have are the Master ones, so you put two and two together and.. yea. Most people just conveniently forget to pass this along and like to pretend the classes just don't exist though, so I'm not surprised you missed the memo. =P

As for the requirements.. we couldn't possibly hope to figure that out without actually knowing more about the classes themselves, so meh.

Golto
Jan 1, 2008, 11:47 AM
On 2008-01-01 00:57, Typheros wrote:

In recent interview with a developer, he confirmed the first 3 master types will be online for JPN pc/ps2 within the next few months.

The requirements will probably be some kind of combination of expert types.

Gunmaster - Fortegunner, Fighgunner, Guntecher
Fighmaster- Fortefighter and Fighgunner
Masterforce - Fortetecher, Guntecher? maybe just FT

Acromaser- Acrotecher, Acrofigher

NeoTeppin
Jan 1, 2008, 11:49 AM
does anyone know what weps the master classes will be able to use?

Golto
Jan 1, 2008, 11:58 AM
They've only confirmed that the first 3 master types will be online for JPN pc/ps2 soon. Nothing else about them have been confirmed.

Telina
Jan 1, 2008, 02:15 PM
Yea, nothing has been confirmed, but that won't stop me from sharing what i think with the group >.>; lol

I got the distinct feeling the master classes will be just like the hunter, force and ranger jobs from offline. And if you think about it gives people a reason to play humans now. Sega listed humans' perk as having balanced stats. But there's no real or pratcial reason for...lets say TP if your a hunter or ranger. BUT if you introduce a little bit of all weaponry to any class the stats become of some use.

That being said i think they'll end up accentuating the strengths of the classes and pulling stat points from what they shouldnt have. EX. They'll add even more atk power to hunters but sacrifice ACC. and just the opposite for rangers. i Imagine the forces will suffer from another drop in DEF for some more TP and EVA or MST.

I bet the only reason they added expert classes to the online mode was to draw out time between updates, and to force you to actually work for the ablilities of the master classes.

Pillan
Jan 1, 2008, 03:31 PM
Personally, I'm expecting the three upcoming classes to require level 7 in there basic version, as is true on PSP. I also expect they'll be able to rush level to 10, like the Acros.

I don't expect them to be in any way above the current expert classes, just different. I expect them to be the expert versions of HU, RA, and FO, as was mentioned above.

Anyway, we'll find out by the end of the month regardless.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2008-01-01 12:32 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Jan 1, 2008, 03:36 PM
On 2008-01-01 12:31, Pillan wrote:
I don't expect them to be in any way above the current expert classes, just different. I expect them to be the expert versions of HU, RA, and FO, as was mentioned above.

That theory sounds a lot more feasable and believable than classes that are a step above Fortes, like most seem to think they are. Perhaps more of a balanced type rather than extremist, like the Forte classes are. We'll see.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Typheros on 2008-01-01 12:36 ]</font>

Reipard
Jan 1, 2008, 03:37 PM

If they did that, there would be no reason to play any of the other Expert types. It's impossible not to step on anyone's toes with the current set of classes we have.

They are the next step. I would put money on it.

Pillan
Jan 1, 2008, 03:51 PM
On 2008-01-01 12:37, Reipard wrote:
If they did that, there would be no reason to play any of the other Expert types. It's impossible not to step on anyone's toes with the current set of classes we have.

Some simple reasons off the top of my head:

- They can switch around the S rank distribution. Let's say Fighgunner is still the only class with S rank double sabers, then half the people will play FG over FM just for Double Agito.

- HU and RA can't use techs, so if they are the expert versions of the online HU and RA, WT and GT will still be useful to those who want to add tech usage.

- If they are the expert versions of the basic classes, the Forte- versions would still have more power for less well-rounded stats and versitility. And everyone loves more power, so those 3 will still be useful.

- And, probably the most obvious reason for doubt about the master classes being a step above balance wise, is the lack of a Mastertranser. They're even balanced with Protranser on PSP, so I don't see why that wouldn't be the case here.

So, yeah, it can be done without stepping on anyone's toes. The question is more of whether or not Sonic Team will do that. But good luck on your bet anyway. I'll stick to mine until they say otherwise.

GuardianElite
Jan 1, 2008, 03:57 PM
On 2008-01-01 12:31, Pillan wrote:
Personally, I'm expecting the three upcoming classes to require level 7 in there basic version, as is true on PSP. I also expect they'll be able to rush level to 10, like the Acros.

Anyway, we'll find out by the end of the month regardless.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2008-01-01 12:32 ]</font>

You forget about acromaster it requires acrofighter and techer wouldnt it be a step above them?

Mio
Jan 1, 2008, 04:11 PM
masterfighter = fortefighter and fighunner
mastergunner = fortegunner and guntecher
masterforce = fortetecher and wartecher

no acromaster

masterfighter get all fighter S rank weapons, double saber as well. Only Handgun as ranged weapon, no force weapons.
mastergunner get all gunner S rank weapons, no magic at all, no wands, etc... Keeps spear dagger and saber.

yes, basically they're the next step of forteclasses, but they will not replace the hibrid classes.
Fighunner will still be a viable option of half melee half ranged class, as guntecher will be the half gunner / half mage, unreplacable by a mastergunner.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mio on 2008-01-01 13:12 ]</font>

Mio
Jan 1, 2008, 04:11 PM
double post

Pillan
Jan 1, 2008, 04:14 PM
On 2008-01-01 12:57, GuardianElite wrote:
You forget about acromaster it requires acrofighter and techer wouldnt it be a step above them?

We don't know Acromasters requirement. For all we know, it could be 5/5/5 from the basics, or 5/3/5, or anything, really.

Anything about where the master classes are relative to any class and their requirements is completely assumed.

GuardianElite
Jan 1, 2008, 04:15 PM
On 2008-01-01 13:11, Mio wrote:
masterfighter = fortefighter and fighunner
mastergunner = fortegunner and guntecher
masterforce = fortetecher and wartecher

no acromaster

masterfighter get all fighter S rank weapons, double saber as well. Only Handgun as ranged weapon, no force weapons.
mastergunner get all gunner S rank weapons, no magic at all, no wands, etc... Keeps spear dagger and saber.

yes, basically they're the next step of forteclasses, but they will not replace the hibrid classes.
Fighunner will still be a viable option of half melee half ranged class, as guntecher will be the half gunner / half mage, unreplacable by a mastergunner.

True but Acromaster coming along someday i wouldnt deny it

jcm5
Jan 1, 2008, 04:16 PM
On 2008-01-01 13:11, Mio wrote:
double post

how do you know this? oh and do the beasts still get a pp save bonus for being a fighmaster like they did with fortefighter?

GuardianElite
Jan 1, 2008, 04:18 PM
why would they make it that easy to become Master of the class by leveling Basics?

Pillan
Jan 1, 2008, 04:22 PM
On 2008-01-01 13:18, GuardianElite wrote:
why would they make it that easy to become Master of the class by leveling Basics?

The better question is "what does Sonic Team mean when they say master?" If I remember correctly, master was one of the easier ranks to get in ep3. The hard ones were Lord, King, and God.

So once we've got Sonic Team's definition of "Master" and Sonic Team's definition of "Forte", I'll be happy to answer that question.

But, yes, when they add Fighgod, Gungod, Godforce, and Acrogod, I'll be happy to say those are clearly above the current expert classes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2008-01-01 13:23 ]</font>

Pengfishh
Jan 1, 2008, 04:52 PM
I want to be an Acrogod!

Drithe
Jan 1, 2008, 05:07 PM
imo the skies the limit on what type of classes they can make and what they can do with it. For instance, I dont the fightmaster class would be so hard as to require you to be level 20 in hunter and fortefighter. BUT if this is going to be the very last class then they may make it so. But what if Sega gave you a reason to go back and level the other classes to 20?
What I mean is, what if they gave us stat bonus's for maxing out all the other classes needed to achieve master classes? Hell they could even make us master certain melee PAs in order to get the highest pas along with the mastering of certain classes AND fragments. lol.
Its still all speculation, but I hope Sega keeps it fun. On another note, wouldnt it be cool if sega gave us some kind of special status, weapons, armors, for maxing classes to 20 or higher. Or even mastering all the classes we could get some sort of HOLY ARMOR? heh the fun never stops. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 1, 2008, 05:18 PM
Pillan's right. We have no idea what Master means, and what the classes will do. You guys who are saying that they'll be a step above the Fortes are jumping to conclusions. I'm not going to deny that it is a possibility, like Pillan is saying, until we find out how these classes work, we can't make these assumptions.

Pillan
Jan 1, 2008, 05:26 PM
I didn't mean it that way. In fact, it's more fun to make assumptions so you can say "I told ya so" when you find out you're right.

Mio
Jan 1, 2008, 05:26 PM
I'm not assuming how they will be. I know it. Wait the release in Japan and then check my post again. Bye

GuardianElite
Jan 1, 2008, 05:30 PM
well i think alot people are afraid that some of the classes gonna be obsolete

-Ryuki-
Jan 1, 2008, 05:59 PM
Am I the only person who's NOT for Master classes? I personally think the game's system would be ruined with the existance of them, mainly because everyone would end up being said-classes. With that in mind, there wouldn't be much reason to play an original advanced class anymore, if the master classes are going in the direction I believe they may be going.

Zael
Jan 1, 2008, 06:04 PM
On 2008-01-01 14:59, RyukiZero wrote:
Am I the only person who's NOT for Master classes? I personally think the game's system would be ruined with the existance of them, mainly because everyone would end up being said-classes. With that in mind, there wouldn't be much reason to play an original advanced class anymore, if the master classes are going in the direction I believe they may be going.

Nope, you are DEFINITELY not alone. I hope we never get master classes.

ST should instead focus on balancing the nine existing expert types. If they want people to advance farther classwise... increase the job cap :/

Rayokarna
Jan 1, 2008, 06:05 PM

The funny thing is that, the people who say that the Master Classes will make the expert class obsolite are the people that will go to them. If you really don't like the Master Classes when they come out, Don't change to them.

A class can never be obsolite if there are people playing it even if it's just one person.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rayokarna on 2008-01-01 15:07 ]</font>

Zael
Jan 1, 2008, 06:07 PM
On 2008-01-01 15:05, Rayokarna wrote:

The funny thing is that, the people who say that the Master Classes will make the expert class obsolite are the people that will go to them. If you really don't like the Master Classes when they come out, Don't change to them.

A class can never be obsolite if there are people playing i even if it's just one person.

"If you dont like them, don't use them" has got to be the most fail response for a pro-master classes argument. I shouldn't even have to explain why, because anyone with an ounce of common sense can see the flaw in that argument.

kingwok
Jan 1, 2008, 06:09 PM
I think with the including of reaching the said requirments for a master class there should be a special single person mission that would pwn you and make you almost forget about being a master class.. but for those who do finish it a master class would be thier prize

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kingwok on 2008-01-01 15:09 ]</font>

Pillan
Jan 1, 2008, 06:10 PM

Well, there’s no reason not to look forward to them if they’re balanced with the current classes. If they’re a step above, of course it will alienate a number of players who prefer the variety of the current class system to the static HU, RA, and FO that the game began with.

Personally, I’d say that number is significant enough for Sonic Team not to put them at a higher level. But, as has been said before, there’s no real proof to my statement or anyone else’s. It’s just assumptions and logic.

I’ve always been pro- more variety and anti- lack of balance. Until it’s proven that this decreases variety by killing the current balance, I have no reason not to look forward to them.

Rayokarna
Jan 1, 2008, 06:12 PM
On 2008-01-01 15:07, Zael wrote:

On 2008-01-01 15:05, Rayokarna wrote:

A class can never be obsolite if there are people playing i even if it's just one person.

"If you dont like them, don't use them" has got to be the most fail response for a pro-master classes argument. I shouldn't even have to explain why, because anyone with an ounce of common sense can see the flaw in that argument.

So if they do come out what are you gonna do, quit PSU. I doubt it. You gonna stay whatever class you already are and complain about them until ST pulls the plug on the servers.

If you really don't like them that much don't play them. Just like EVERY other class in PSU, they are there, but you don't have to use them. so that point is kinda invalid.

Zael
Jan 1, 2008, 06:17 PM
On 2008-01-01 15:12, Rayokarna wrote:
So if they do come out what are you gonna do, quit PSU. I doubt it.
Looks like you're wrong here, as you're assuming I'm going to pay for a game I will not enjoy.

If you really don't like them that much don't play them. Just like EVERY other class in PSU, they are there, but you don't have to use them. so that point is kinda invalid.
Again, you're assuming I don't like them because I don't wanna use them. Guess again.

The problem is destroying the game balance, and turning PSU back to HU/RA/FO, which like like 100 steps backwards. It has nothing to do with personal perference. Your point still fails.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zael on 2008-01-01 15:18 ]</font>

Xaeris
Jan 1, 2008, 06:18 PM
On 2008-01-01 15:12, Rayokarna wrote:

So if they do come out what are you gonna do, quit PSU. I doubt it. You gonna stay whatever class you already are and complain about them until ST pulls the plug on the servers.

Actually, the point is still quite valid and your argument is still sporting its laughably obvious flaw.

Zael
Jan 1, 2008, 06:20 PM
Hey guys, if you don't like the Machinegun glitch, don't use it. There's absolutely nothing wrong it and if people wanna use it, let them. You don't have to. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Dein
Jan 1, 2008, 06:29 PM
For those that still say "I hope we never get the master classes" please read some of Espio's posts. The developers have confirmed that the three new types they plan on releasing on the JP servers in the next months are Fighmaster, Gunmaster, and Masterforce. As for the issue of balance I believe that, with the possibility of Protranser, that the advanced types will cap at lvl 20 and won't advance in stats just like how the basic types don't gain anything past lvl 10.

I believe that Sega plans on making the master classes a step above the current types while making them slow to level up so that they act like a time sink to keep people playing while more content comes out. It's a common practice in MMO's to have time sinks and these classes could easily be another time sink to go with the "hunt for rares" time sink they have in place. Besides that, there's really nothing left to cover ability wise that would make the master types unique if they tried to "balance" them with the advanced types as things are. It'd probably upset more people if Sega gimped and took away some of the weapons and abilities from the existing types just to try to open up a small area to squeeze in 3 more classes just for the sake of balance. That said it'll probably be around February before we see what these classes are truly like.

Zael
Jan 1, 2008, 06:33 PM
Making master classes a step above expert classes = fail. Game's already severely unbalanced and way too easy. Let's go make it even worse! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 1, 2008, 06:34 PM

Well, like I said, I don't know how they'll go. But I do think its possible that they'll be a new tier of classes that will make the current 9 expert types, and if it does, then I'll be with you in being against it.

Rayokarna
Jan 1, 2008, 06:44 PM
On 2008-01-01 15:17, Zael wrote:

Again, you're assuming I don't like them because I don't wanna use them. Guess again.

The problem is destroying the game balance, and turning PSU back to HU/RA/FO, which like like 100 steps backwards. It has nothing to do with personal perference. Your point still fails.

I don't understand why it will kill the balance when the balance isn't perfect anyway. If you happy with what you got, don't change, the people you play with wont judge you. Not unless you have proof on what the classes are gonna be, you can't say if they will have a positive or negitive effect on the community. Until then nothing can be said about them. Just hold your complaining until the end of the month when we see what these classes look like and you can say 'I told ya so' as much as you want, if you are right

Zael
Jan 1, 2008, 06:52 PM
Nothing in this world is perfect. Doesn't mean nothing can be killed.

Aralia
Jan 1, 2008, 06:52 PM
Personally. I'm all for getting advanced versions of HU/RA/FO but that's another story for another time.

I'd say the master classes will be similar to PSO's Hu/Ra/Fo.

I'm seeing it this way.. we're getting B rank drop only weps.. (Nei Claw, Stag Cutlery, etc.) Prolly they'll be usable as master classes like.. Stag Cutlery for GunMaster and Nei Claw for MasterForce. And I think they'll all have different access to techs obviously MasterForce having a High Tech usage.. and Gunmaster/fighmaster having maybe lvl 30 support and 20 attk.
Also.. I think they will all have access to madoogs (seeing as how AoI is bringing things back towards PSO.)
Of course to balance these classes They will have B rank or A rank limitation to weapons outside their specialty. E.G.

GunMaster-20/50/30/20 req = 15-fG/GT
B rank melee
S rank range
A rank tech

FighMaster-50/20/20/30 req = 15-fF/FG
S rank melee
B rank range
A rank tech

MasterForce-20/30/50/40 req = 15-fT/WT
B rank melee
A rank range
S rank tech

AcroMaster-30/20/40/50 req = 15-AT/AF
A rank melee
B rank range
S rank tech

With of course the tech abilities of GM/FM being the opposite of their hybrid class counterparts.

These are my ideas of what the classes can be.. With all things considered I'd imagine these classes to be quite balanced compared to the hybrids/forte's.

The only thing that I'm not giving my ideas of is the stat modifiers since I don't want anyone taking this post as law and saying "ZOMG This chick says Master classes will be leik this now believe me or fail" Which I see alot on these boards... (thinks back to black beast with axes and lol's)

Aralia
Jan 1, 2008, 06:55 PM
On 2008-01-01 15:33, Zael wrote:
Making master classes a step above expert classes = fail. Game's already severely unbalanced and way too easy. Let's go make it even worse! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes.. for S rank missions we're too powerful.. but remember.. we're only working with S rank missions right now.. wait till we get the S2 rank version of Mother Brain.. I bet everyone saying it's too easy will quiet down real quick.

Zael
Jan 1, 2008, 06:56 PM
On 2008-01-01 15:55, Aralia wrote:

Yes.. for S rank missions we're too powerful.. but remember.. we're only working with S rank missions right now.. wait till we get the S2 rank version of Mother Brain.. I bet everyone saying it's too easy will quiet down real quick.

I'm having a more-than-easy time killing stuff twice my level. I doubt S2 will change that but we'll see.

Pillan
Jan 1, 2008, 06:59 PM
On 2008-01-01 15:55, Aralia wrote:

Well, given that it's confirmed that we'll get 130/20 before that release and it wouldn't surprise me if we got another 10 levels added to the cap during the release, my bet is on every level of mission being a repeat of the current "easy mode". Fighting 150+ mobs as 140/20s isn't much different from fighting 120+ mobs as 110/15s.

That is unless they decide to surprise me with a much higher enemy level.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2008-01-01 16:00 ]</font>

Aralia
Jan 1, 2008, 07:08 PM
On 2008-01-01 15:56, Zael wrote:
I'm having a more-than-easy time killing stuff twice my level. I doubt S2 will change that but we'll see.

I'm currently re-experiencing things as my human.. as lvl 73 human female AT I'm pretty satisfied with how hard I hit and how if I slip up I get 1hko'd.
If you don't want the game to be a breeze use lesser powerful equipment. IIRC you have 50% of just about everything. meaning you've got the highest possible advantage on anything. Try using 20% weps and 20% armor for the added challenge.

As for higher rank missions... I'm imagining Mother Brain to be around lvl 180 meaning she'll have about 2x-3x more atp and tp which she already has a good enough amount of.. when she can 3hko a fem beast fF at 110/15 using her spells and 3hko a fem newman fT at 110/15 using physical attacks. But of course if you have dedicated heal forces (lame idea since it's requiring the force to completely forget about attacking at all meaning you have 1 less attacker when you'd be just as capable of using a trimate)

Either way. following trends of psu v1 and seeing how we're bound to get lvl 200 monsters I can say for sure that until we're lvl 180+ the game will constantly be presenting us with more and more challenge once we get s2 missions of the current AoI missions.

Zael
Jan 1, 2008, 07:12 PM
But I NPC'd all my 20% weapons. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

(And how do you know what I have? >>)

Aviendha
Jan 1, 2008, 07:15 PM
On 2008-01-01 16:08, Aralia wrote:
As for higher rank missions... I'm imagining Mother Brain to be around lvl 180 meaning she'll have about 2x-3x more atp and tp which she already has a good enough amount of.. when she can 3hko a fem beast fF at 110/15 using her spells and 3hko a fem newman fT at 110/15 using physical attacks. But of course if you have dedicated heal forces (lame idea since it's requiring the force to completely forget about attacking at all meaning you have 1 less attacker when you'd be just as capable of using a trimate)

No boss pwns players so hard that a force has no time to attack between healz. That only happens with multiple Boma Duragna spammers.

Aralia
Jan 1, 2008, 07:21 PM
On 2008-01-01 16:12, Zael wrote:
But I NPC'd all my 20% weapons. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

(And how do you know what I have? >>)

I casually know tekki and I've heard her talk to people a while back about you having more than her and her complaining and you claiming she had more than you.

And Mother brain can keep a force plenty occupied. and if you do random parties there's ALWAYS that one idiot without scapes that rushes in and doesn't heal, just asking to get killed.

Xaeris
Jan 1, 2008, 07:25 PM
I don't imagine it's particularly hard for someone to know what you have if you make a point of posting pics of your entire whip set in both screenshot and trading forums.

If you don't want the game to be a breeze use lesser powerful equipment. IIRC you have 50% of just about everything. meaning you've got the highest possible advantage on anything. Try using 20% weps and 20% armor for the added challenge.

That's the thing. I should not have to tie my hands behind my back to get a sporting bout out of a game, especially an ORPG. I should be able to give everything I've got to building my character and fight enemies that push back just as hard.

If the onus fell upon the player to make a game challenging, then shoot, all games would be packaged with a blindfold.

Aralia
Jan 1, 2008, 07:31 PM
On 2008-01-01 16:25, Xaeris wrote:
I don't imagine it's particularly hard for someone to know what you have if you make a point of posting pics of your entire whip set in both screenshot and trading forums.

That's the thing. I should not have to tie my hands behind my back to get a sporting bout out of a game, especially an ORPG. I should be able to give everything I've got to building my character and fight enemies that push back just as hard.

If the onus fell upon the player to make a game challenging, then shoot, all games would be packaged with a blindfold.

But we're also 40 levels above most of the level requirements of the missions. it's not like we're just barely able to make it in.
My point still stands with the monsters we have we can't use our 50%+ weps or we'll pwn too much. Once we get missions that require 110 to enter THEN we should be using our 50% weps to have a fighting chance. I still say once s2 of these missions come out we'll be plenty tested.

Xaeris
Jan 1, 2008, 07:35 PM
Perhaps the S2s might provide enemies with some meat on their bones. But considering the recent dev interview stated that they have plans to reduce the difficulty of Ep 1 missions (which, honestly, would be impressive if they found a spot they didn't bludgeon with the nerf bat yet), I'm not really all that optimistic.

GuardianElite
Jan 1, 2008, 07:46 PM
People forgetting S2 might also have smarter AIs which would pose a problem

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 1, 2008, 07:55 PM
Well, it shouldn't be so difficult that we actually NEED those 50% weapons to have a fighting chance because let's face it, not everyone has 50% weapons, my highest % weapon is a 32% Fire Crimson. ._.

GuardianElite
Jan 1, 2008, 07:58 PM
On 2008-01-01 16:55, Shiroryuu wrote:
Well, it shouldn't be so difficult that we actually NEED those 50% weapons to have a fighting chance because let's face it, not everyone has 50% weapons, my highest % weapon is a 32% Fire Crimson. ._.

true story I would rather enjoy playing the game than get pwned every second i enter the level

Mio
Jan 2, 2008, 12:54 AM
There's nothing sad about very specialized classes.

Personally, my main character will be a mastergunner with the secondary job of fighunner (and not masterfighter) when I want to be melee.

Even if the masterfighter can equip all S rank melee weapons, (including the doublesaber), in my opinion having the ability to use crossbows, twin handguns and mechguns up to bullet level 40, and skills up to 50 is > than just skill 50 and the versatility of the weapon choiche.

As for the gunner, I'm looking forward for the masterclass of it. It's absurd that I NEED to be a half mage gimp in order to use some S rank gunner weapons.

GuardianElite
Jan 2, 2008, 01:16 AM
yeah gonna have all my chars use a master class

Akaimizu
Jan 2, 2008, 01:17 AM
I really hate when people call that class gimp. On the other hand, I did choose it following a particular promise of a certain S-class in a certain gun category, indeed. Still, if Mastergunner does get that, I'm definitely going to have to be that class as well. Maybe enough that eventually, it might even turn into a main.

CelestialBlade
Jan 2, 2008, 03:25 AM
Why are we cheering for a regression to only three types that anybody will use?

Gotta say I'm with Ryuki here unless Pillan's theory holds true, which wouldn't be so bad.

GuardianElite
Jan 2, 2008, 05:50 AM
On 2008-01-02 00:25, Typheros wrote:

Gotta say I'm with Ryuki here unless Pillan's theory holds true, which wouldn't be so bad.

well you could always stick to advance or experts classes. I like the sound of having master classes (multiple classes)

Mio
Jan 2, 2008, 06:36 AM

I see that you don't read my posts.

Regression?

A mastergunner and a guntecher will be two completely different classes. The mastergunner is just the advancment of the fortegunner. Oh and I'm not speculating. I know how they work.

Spellbinder
Jan 2, 2008, 07:18 AM
On 2008-01-02 03:36, Mio wrote:

I see that you don't read my posts.

Regression?

A mastergunner and a guntecher will be two completely different classes. The mastergunner is just the advancment of the fortegunner. Oh and I'm not speculating. I know how they work.

So tell us, how long have you been collaborating with Sonic Team over how the Master Classes will work?

Mio
Jan 2, 2008, 08:45 AM
I said enough, for the interest of this community. Not for acting or starting flames. I can't tell more. You can decide to trust or not me. Bye.

Sasamichan
Jan 2, 2008, 08:59 AM
On 2008-01-01 08:47, Golto wrote:

On 2008-01-01 00:57, Typheros wrote:

In recent interview with a developer, he confirmed the first 3 master types will be online for JPN pc/ps2 within the next few months.

Link or screenshot please, or it didn't happen.

chu-chu-chu
Jan 2, 2008, 09:09 AM
Why is it that people who are too lazy to search the forum think they get to be all pissy with "link or screenshot" demands?

And if you did try searching (hahaha) and couldn't find it, you could ask nicely for someone to point it out to you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chu-chu-chu on 2008-01-02 06:13 ]</font>

Sekani
Jan 2, 2008, 09:13 AM
On 2008-01-02 05:45, Mio wrote:
I said enough, for the interest of this community. Not for acting or starting flames. I can't tell more. You can decide to trust or not me. Bye.

Well, since you can't even seem to get the names right... don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Personally I hate the concept of master classes. I'm sure people who play the current forte classes wouldn't mind the upgrade so much, but I have a really hard time picturing a scenario where these classes are introduced and hybrids aren't screwed over.

chu-chu-chu
Jan 2, 2008, 09:16 AM
On 2008-01-02 06:13, Sekani wrote:

Well, since you can't even seem to get the names right... don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Personally I hate the concept of master classes. I'm sure people who play the current forte classes wouldn't mind the upgrade so much, but I have a really hard time picturing a scenario where these classes are introduced and hybrids aren't screwed over.

How would gunners who can srank all fortegunner sranks and guntecher guns have an impact on hybrid classes? Still can't heal. Still can't melee much.

Sasamichan
Jan 2, 2008, 09:17 AM
On 2008-01-02 06:09, chu-chu-chu wrote:
Why is it that people who are too lazy to search the forum think they get to be all pissy with "link or screenshot" demands?

And if you did try searching (hahaha) and couldn't find it, you could ask nicely for someone to point it out to you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chu-chu-chu on 2008-01-02 06:13 ]</font>

The reason why I ask for it is because I believe that this "rumor" is false. They say this shit and don't back it up. Now, if I was asking for something like info on AoI, for example, I would look at the Info in the AoI info sticky.

chu-chu-chu
Jan 2, 2008, 09:24 AM
If I was looking for info related to a developer interview, I would search the forums for "developer interview" or ask nicely. But some people are rude and lazy, and some people are super geniuses.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chu-chu-chu on 2008-01-02 06:25 ]</font>

Sasamichan
Jan 2, 2008, 09:38 AM
On 2008-01-02 06:24, chu-chu-chu wrote:
If I was looking for info related to a developer interview, I would search the forums for "developer interview" or ask nicely. But some people are rude and lazy, and some people are super geniuses.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chu-chu-chu on 2008-01-02 06:25 ]</font>

You didn't read my last post have you?

chu-chu-chu
Jan 2, 2008, 09:41 AM
I did. How'd that search go?

Sasamichan
Jan 2, 2008, 09:42 AM
I haven't checked yet(and something I don't need to look for). But I did check that sticky and shows no link or info on the "rumored" Master classes.

Reipard
Jan 2, 2008, 09:49 AM
It is here on the forums somewhere if you look; I can verify that at least. Unfortunately, I will admit to being lazy so I will not search for that information just to convince you. Sorry.

It doesn't matter whether or not you can be trusted anyway. Provided you are right, I know exactly what you're here for anyway- community notoriety AKA attention.

Sasamichan
Jan 2, 2008, 09:56 AM
I'm not trying to start a flame war. All I asked was that someone posted a link asking where they getting their info from.

Reipard
Jan 2, 2008, 09:58 AM
I'm not flaming you. I really honestly just don't feel like looking XP.

Spellbinder
Jan 2, 2008, 10:06 AM
Since you guys are lazy.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=165545&forum=20&34

and the source of that source:

http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/071227c.html

Can we get back on topic now?

Sasamichan
Jan 2, 2008, 10:09 AM
On 2008-01-02 07:06, Spellbinder wrote:
Since you guys are lazy.

Thank you, thats what I wanted to see.

Anyways, to get back on topic:

FM: fF 20, FG 10
GM: fG 20, GT 10
TM: fT 20, WT 10

So basically, Forte types would be the main requirement and hybrids as a secondary.

For those that want to know: FM is Fighmaster, GM is Gunmaster, and TM is Techmaster.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sasamichan on 2008-01-02 07:21 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jan 2, 2008, 10:23 AM
On 2008-01-02 06:16, chu-chu-chu wrote:

On 2008-01-02 06:13, Sekani wrote:

How would gunners who can srank all fortegunner sranks and guntecher guns have an impact on hybrid classes? Still can't heal. Still can't melee much.

Only if a master gunner and a master Force type don't completely overshadow the need for the hybrids. Hybrids are nice in what they can do, but if the masters are so much better and everybody starts playing them, then everybody will feel forced to play master classes just so they can work with others that play master classes. Though, I have to admit, it might be kind of boring being only of 1 type all the time.

But it'll might bring the scenario of having to search for dedicated people, who'd like to work with hybrids and agree to play classes more balanced with them. Kind of like having a lower game to your higher game. You temporarily dump your hybrid to play the endgame, but go back to the hybrid just for some fun. But how many people play this game just for fun or challenge? The high lack of GTs alone, and the exact way people play missions, combined with pretty much every reality of what happens, that is so illustrated and pointed out says otherwise.

So if fears are realized, then I'll say we're going to have to form loose clans of people willing to play non-Master games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-02 07:25 ]</font>

chu-chu-chu
Jan 2, 2008, 10:31 AM
On 2008-01-02 07:23, Akaimizu wrote: But how many people play this game just for fun or challenge?
Why else would someone play a game?

I have two characters, let's call them Brendan and Eugene. Brendan is a Fortegunner 15 and Eugene is a Protranser 15.

With masterclasses, I would more than likely switch Brendan to a gunmaster, since with him I use not only the weapons in which a fortegunner can srank, but also xbows and twins. The master class is great for this character. It let's me have more of what I like (if speculation is correct).

With masterclasses, I keep Eugene as a protranser. I like being a protranser. I don't see any impact on what makes being a protranser fun or challenging. I like using fists, spears, axes, grenades, bows, etc.

I don't know how parties form in pickup groups or with cliques that care about classes, but with my friends, I can be whatever class I want as long as I play intelligently (or as intelligently as my real world limits allow). So perhaps there would be problems being a hybrid in universe 1, but you can skirt that by making friends, I would hope.

Chaosgyro
Jan 2, 2008, 10:34 AM
I think that the forte classes are going nowhere. I imagine the master classes replacing the hybrids if anything with Fighmaster being WT and FG; Gunmaster as FG and GT; Masterforce as WT and GT. Then you can add AF, AT, and Protranser to the mix (acromasters are simply a pipe dream correct?) and you still wind up with 9 viable classes.

One of my biggest gripes has been weapon selection among the hybrids. I've yet to find that one that lets me use S rank in all of my favorite weapons so master classes may be a way to remedy this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chaosgyro on 2008-01-02 07:37 ]</font>

Golto
Jan 2, 2008, 10:46 AM
Acromaster will make it online just after the first 3 master types. You know how ST likes to stretch out their content.

Akaimizu
Jan 2, 2008, 10:54 AM
Now if Acromaster gets setup like the PSP version's list; then that would technically be the Master Hybrid class. Most of the hybrid players would make good use of that one.

Still, the thought of it does make even having 36 PAs too little to satisfy the master classes. It'll be like you can only have 1 or 2 PAs per weapon type. So in order to satify their guns or techs or melee; they'll have to greatly sacrifice what they do in another. The advantage of the limitation, though, is that the various builds for them could be quite varied, indeed. The only case that might be different is the Master Fighter or something. They'll probably be able to get most of their PAs within the 36 limit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-02 07:55 ]</font>

Reipard
Jan 2, 2008, 01:22 PM
Since you guys are lazy.

You sir, are a man's man. Cheers!

Kylie
Jan 2, 2008, 01:29 PM
Part of me wants it to be expert classes that for the requirement on "master" classes, but that's contradictory to my stance on making the other classes obsolete. So the other part wants it to be basic classes... But in the end, it doesn't really matter at all. MP's not hard to get in the least, so I'm more concerned with how the classes are way more than what they require.

pikachief
Jan 2, 2008, 01:31 PM
i'd laugh at u all if Fighmaster was as good as FF but had rifle and a madoog!

lol

Pillan
Jan 2, 2008, 01:47 PM
Anyway, it's not as if we're completely blind on expectations for what weapons the master classes can use and what their requirements will be. We do have the PSP versions' master classes (http://psupedia.info/Phantasy_Star_Portable) as a precedent for what they may become online.

So, yeah, that’s another reason why I’d still bet on the requirement of basic class 7. I’m expecting Fighmaster won’t have Madoogs online, but the rest of the weapon distribution seems accurate and fairly balanced. Acromaster probably won’t change, but I’m willing to bet it will have a 30 PA cap in everything online.

I am curious to see Gunmaster though. Will it have every gun? Or will it lose bows or cards? I couldn’t see it having exactly the same weapons distribution as Fortegunner but with different S ranks, but I really couldn’t see it having cards and bows either. And, since Acrofighter doesn’t require any level of FO, I’d guess it just gains cards.

And I really wonder what they’ll do with Masterforce… I’m hoping they make it into the high-attack low-support force all the Newmans have been begging for on the forums, but I’m expecting it to be weaker than Fortetecher for more HP, ATP, ATA, and DFP, like the basic force class.

pikachief
Jan 2, 2008, 01:47 PM
On 2008-01-02 07:09, Sasamichan wrote:

On 2008-01-02 07:06, Spellbinder wrote:
Since you guys are lazy.

Thank you, thats what I wanted to see.

Anyways, to get back on topic:

FM: fF 20, FG 10
GM: fG 20, GT 10
TM: fT 20, WT 10

So basically, Forte types would be the main requirement and hybrids as a secondary.

For those that want to know: FM is Fighmaster, GM is Gunmaster, and TM is Techmaster.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sasamichan on 2008-01-02 07:21 ]</font>

Its Masterforce actually http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

GuardianElite
Jan 2, 2008, 01:49 PM
On 2008-01-02 10:47, Pillan wrote:
Anyway, it's not as if we're completely blind on expectations for what weapons the master classes can use and what their requirements will be. We do have the PSP versions' master classes (http://psupedia.info/Phantasy_Star_Portable) as a precedent for what they may become online.

So, yeah, that’s another reason why I’d still bet on the requirement of basic class 7. I’m expecting Fighmaster won’t have Madoogs online, but the rest of the weapon distribution seems accurate and fairly balanced. Acromaster probably won’t change, but I’m willing to bet it will have a 30 PA cap in everything online.

I am curious to see Gunmaster though. Will it have every gun? Or will it lose bows or cards? I couldn’t see it having exactly the same weapons distribution as Fortegunner but with different S ranks, but I really couldn’t see it having cards and bows either. And, since Acrofighter doesn’t require any level of FO, I’d guess it just gains cards.

And I really wonder what they’ll do with Masterforce… I’m hoping they make it into the high-attack low-support force all the Newmans have been begging for on the forums, but I’m expecting it to be weaker than Fortetecher for more HP, ATP, ATA, and DFP, like the basic force class.

you forget that expert and advance classes are not on psp version so you still dont know the requirements

Pillan
Jan 2, 2008, 01:56 PM
On 2008-01-02 10:49, GuardianElite wrote:
you forget that expert and advance classes are not on psp version so you still dont know the requirements

The existence of other advance classes doesn't have any known effect on their requirement. It's only been assumed because some people want the master classes to be a level above the current ones.

We have a precedent suggesting they require the basic classes. We have none suggesting they require the advanced classes. That puts the probability that they will require the basic ones a bit higher than the probability that they will require the advanced ones.

Of course that doesn’t mean that they can’t do it. It just means it’s less likely given the information (or lack there of) we possess currently.

GuardianElite
Jan 2, 2008, 02:01 PM
On 2008-01-02 10:56, Pillan wrote:

On 2008-01-02 10:49, GuardianElite wrote:

The existence of other advance classes doesn't have any known effect on their requirement. It's only been assumed because some people want the master classes to be a level above the current ones.

We have a precedent suggesting they require the basic classes. We have none suggesting they require the advanced classes. That puts the probability that they will require the basic ones a bit higher than the probability that they will require the advanced ones.

Of course that doesn’t mean that they can’t do it. It just means it’s less likely given the information (or lack there of) we possess currently.

Still doubt sega make that easy to obtain master of the class btw since it was offline on psp the requirement could be broken

Pillan
Jan 2, 2008, 02:14 PM
On 2008-01-02 11:01, GuardianElite wrote:
Still doubt sega make that easy to obtain master of the class btw since it was offline on psp the requirement could be broken

That is a very valid point, but there's still nothing that supports the theory that any class will ever require levels in an advanced class to obtain it. I personally regard the possibility of them requiring basic class level 20 higher than that of them requiring any level of expert class.

SATatami
Jan 2, 2008, 02:34 PM
honestly, I don't see how master classes will make this game suck. I mean really. You work your way up to master, then what? They'll probably level the master classes up for what? master hybrids. just ways of making yourself stronger...

CelestialBlade
Jan 2, 2008, 02:37 PM
On 2008-01-02 11:34, SATatami wrote:
honestly, I don't see how master classes will make this game suck. I mean really. You work your way up to master, then what? They'll probably level the master classes up for what? master hybrids. just ways of making yourself stronger...

I'd be more than happy with a set of master-hybrid classes, but there hasn't been a word on them yet and having only "master-forte" classes, as most seem to speculate, still makes it meaningless to be a hybrid.

GuardianElite
Jan 2, 2008, 02:38 PM
On 2008-01-02 11:37, Typheros wrote:

I'd be more than happy with a set of master-hybrid classes, but there hasn't been a word on them yet and having only "master-forte" classes, as most seem to speculate, still makes it meaningless to be a hybrid.

Closest to Master Hybrid is Acro Master

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GuardianElite on 2008-01-02 11:39 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jan 2, 2008, 02:39 PM
Almost makes me want a MS class.

MasterShake.

--You'll be able to do everything.....at least you say you do.
--You will be the ruler and the commander.....at least you say you are.
--You will state, that keyboard is the only way to go because the mouth is a primative object that will eventually be phased out. And other classes will probably ask you to hurry that process because yours is driving them crazy.

MasterShake...the ultimate class...because...er....because they say so.

panzer_unit
Jan 2, 2008, 02:41 PM
On 2008-01-02 07:23, Akaimizu wrote:
Only if a master gunner and a master Force type don't completely overshadow the need for the hybrids. Hybrids are nice in what they can do, but if the masters are so much better and everybody starts playing them, then everybody will feel forced to play master classes just so they can work with others that play master classes. Though, I have to admit, it might be kind of boring being only of 1 type all the time.

The last part's kinda ironic considering how Guntecher-centric you come across as being. That's not a jab, I'm just giving an example that people are more tied to their favorite classes than they are to the idea of diversity really. Actually being "diverse" would take an unfathomable amount of play-time since my dood's pretty far from being a maxxed out Protranser in terms of PA levels, even at 1300 hours. Getting all the bullets I want to 31 and 40 and then doing the same for techs might actually be a question of me and my PS2 living long enough.

Personally all I want to do is use fun gear and level up all kinds of different skills. Having to switch jobs to mess around with melee PA's beyond what Protranser can do is a necessary evil (once I've got the last of my PA's to 30) ... having to switch jobs again to shoot a machine gun, headache.

I want Fighmaster to be Fortefighter + Wartecher + Fighgunner... Gunmaster = Fortegunner + Guntecher + Protranser... Masterforce = Fortetecher + Wartecher + Guntecher.
Take the best of each stat, skill cap, weapon rank, ability, everything. It would work out pretty well, people should still feel like their character fits in one of the three jobs and most of the same balances exist between those three as there are between forte's and related hybrids.

The only possibilities that bother me personally are the ones that involve Protranser remaining stuck with a unique set of equipment, where I would have to choose between the gear and skills I enjoy versus a vastly superior job type.

SATatami
Jan 2, 2008, 02:44 PM
On 2008-01-02 11:37, Typheros wrote:

What I'm saying is... Okay, take Ragnarok Online for example. First you're a novice (basic class). Then you turn into a swordman(a forte class or a hybrid) Eventually, you turn into a Knight (A master class). Then what?
Well, in ragnarok you rebirth all all that stuff, but let's just stick to the next class. Eventually you because a Lord Knight. Third job. This can be comparable to non-confirmed masterforte/masterhybrid classes. Basically, what I'm saying is that lots of MMOs have classes that are just stepping stones to the ultimate class of that type. So why not PSU?

Akaimizu
Jan 2, 2008, 02:46 PM
It's only ironic if you take it the wrong way. My first character is, by far, a definite hybrid player. Both GT and AT, generally. However, the idea is that you're combining different general playstyles to make the characters work. GTs aren't there just to use guns but to use techs as well. Going to a class in which you are only guns, or all tech, or all hunter, is what I'm talking about.

I have another character that's dabbling in the more straight types. However, those tend to be a lot more simplistic given that those concentrate on one kind of game, only.

GuardianElite
Jan 2, 2008, 02:50 PM
On 2008-01-02 11:46, Akaimizu wrote:
It's only ironic if you take it the wrong way. My first character is, by far, a definite hybrid player. Both GT and AT, generally. However, the idea is that you're combining different general playstyles to make the characters work. GTs aren't there just to use guns but to use techs as well. Going to a class in which you are only guns, or all tech, or all hunter, is what I'm talking about.

I have another character that's dabbling in the more straight types. However, those tend to be a lot more simplistic given that those concentrate on one kind of game, only.

If its hybrid player go acromaster they can support, use double sabers, hand guns, slicers, whips, Tech and rmags all that other stuff

Akaimizu
Jan 2, 2008, 02:58 PM
Well, you do realize that I mentioned that stuff before Acromaster was currently being considered, and my resultant mentions after that was brought up was different. I was just responding to how my earlier line was taken the wrong way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-02 12:04 ]</font>

Golto
Jan 2, 2008, 03:17 PM
Trying to use the psp version's weapon selection of master types to figure out PSU's master type weapon selection is a bad idea. Its like trying to use offline and online as the same. I have a real problem thinking AM online will have that many S ranks in two handed melee weapons. Since the psp version has not as many types they have to mix up the s rank weapon selection more than they have to do with online.

Akaimizu
Jan 2, 2008, 04:21 PM
Thus the emphasis on Speculation, in this post. Acros were only even mentioned given the speculation they'd exist in the first place.

GuardianElite
Jan 2, 2008, 04:25 PM
Acromasters do exist prob be released later updates

-Tidus_415-
Jan 2, 2008, 04:48 PM
The idea of these masterclasses are stupid. Heres why.

Basic classes was only 3. Hunter, Ranger, Force. You had a choice of melee,guns or casting.

Expert classes gave you more options of what you wanted to do. Melee+Cast or Melee+Guns or you had the option of sticking to one thing.

Master classes seem to bring you back DOWN to basic classes because its limiting you on what you can do. WTF IS THAT? What a way to limit on the type of shit we can do. Obviously the people who like masterclasses are the ones who are Fortewhatever.

Dont bring up Acromaster. Yeah sure it exists but it aint getting released anytime soon because it hasnt even been announced and either way it most likely wont fit most Hybrid play styles.

RegulusHikari
Jan 2, 2008, 05:06 PM
A lot of you people really should consider cooling it before bashing ST for something you know generally nothing about. No reason to whine until we hear official word on what the weapon selection will be.

When I first heard of Master classes, this was my idea:

Fighmaster: A rank all melee
Gunmaster: A rank all ranged
Masterforce: A rank all tech

The catch is, you have the ability to pick X number of S ranks in your specific weapon category, and can pick X number of A ranks in another category (but not both). Example:

Fighmaster
S Rank - Spear, Doublesaber, Axe, Twin Claws, Fists, Twin Daggers
A Rank - Rifle, Twin Handguns, Machineguns, all other melee

Fighmaster
S Rank - Twin Daggers, Daggers, Twin Sabers, Sabers, Axes, Swords
A Rank - T-Mag, Wand, all other melee

Gunmaster
S Rank - Rifle, Twin Handguns, Crossbow, Bow, Machineguns, Card
A Rank - Doublesaber, Twin Daggers, Spear, all other ranged

Acromaster would choose specific A ranks in all categories (as opposed to having a complete type), and choose S ranks from 2.

This allows you to be the MASTER of whatever play style you want. This replaces both Fortes and Hybrids, allowing more specific character building. There might be a dominant set-up among fans, but that doesn't mean everybody has to follow it.

The major problem is determining whether Whips, Bows, and Cards truly count as tech weapons or not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RegulusHikari on 2008-01-02 14:09 ]</font>

Dein
Jan 2, 2008, 05:07 PM
On 2008-01-02 13:48, -Tidus_415- wrote:
Master classes seem to bring you back DOWN to basic classes because its limiting you on what you can do. WTF IS THAT? What a way to limit on the type of shit we can do. Obviously the people who like masterclasses are the ones who are Fortewhatever.

And I suppose you know exactly what the master classes can use right? If Fighmaster, for example, could use techs like a Wartecher and had the ATP and weapon selection of a fF+FG then that'd be a world different than the basic Hunter. Personally, I find the idea of the master classes with a wide range of weapons and abilities to choose from appealing as it'd let players have a better choice of what they want to play like with the classes just telling you what it's main focus is. If the master classes are like that then even if everyone is "just playing the same 3 types" you'd more likely see two people playing differently even if they're both GM, FM, or MF.

Either way, Sega needs to release some info soon as these threads are getting repetitive. :/

GuardianElite
Jan 2, 2008, 06:26 PM
On 2008-01-02 13:48, -Tidus_415- wrote:
The idea of these masterclasses are stupid. Heres why.

Basic classes was only 3. Hunter, Ranger, Force. You had a choice of melee,guns or casting.

Expert classes gave you more options of what you wanted to do. Melee+Cast or Melee+Guns or you had the option of sticking to one thing.

Dont bring up Acromaster. Yeah sure it exists but it aint getting released anytime soon because it hasnt even been announced and either way it most likely wont fit most Hybrid play styles.

Yeah i bring up Acromaster all i want cause my main going to be one btw want some cheese with that whine

Shishi-O
Jan 2, 2008, 09:05 PM

.....how to answer this...we just got s missions with lvl 105 creatures.

the current classes even with the rise in class lvl and char lvl are not gonna be enough for an s2 or X difficulty ryucross.

if u wanna keep ur dinky little forte class, thats cool, ur choice, i'll be blazin through with my god class and not bitching about being too weak.

GuardianElite
Jan 2, 2008, 09:10 PM
On 2008-01-02 18:05, Shishi-O wrote:

.....how to answer this...we just got s missions with lvl 105 creatures.

the current classes even with the rise in class lvl and char lvl are not gonna be enough for an s2 or X difficulty ryucross.

if u wanna keep ur dinky little forte class, thats cool, ur choice, i'll be blazin through with my god class and not bitching about being too weak.

im with you

Shishi-O
Jan 2, 2008, 09:15 PM

sigh, the game is too easy? i believe it is like this because people stunk up the place with complaints about how insanely hard the S2s were. i still refuse to play endrum remnants s2.

y u no give some of the less popular missions a try, cuz even after the gimp people are scared to play them.

Shishi-O
Jan 2, 2008, 09:36 PM
On 2008-01-01 16:15, Aviendha wrote:

On 2008-01-01 16:08, Aralia wrote:

No boss pwns players so hard that a force has no time to attack between healz. That only happens with multiple Boma Duragna spammers.

thats why no one plays hive S2 right?

and even at 2 blox folx rarely play true darkness S2..

whatev dude, the game is plenty hard.

i have 2 chars that will be fimaster, they use differing weps in differing ways, they are human/ beast, they will play like completely differing classes cuz of the huge selection of choices at my disposal.

if u wanna limit urself to the current classes, more power to ya....by that token, you still play the origional classes?

CelestialBlade
Jan 2, 2008, 09:52 PM
We might as well just have one class that can use every single weapon and has a stat modifier of 200% for every single stat, at this rate. Comparing other games is irrelevant, I just don't see the point of narrowing our class choices, whether it's a better class or not. Higher tier classes should only branch out, not narrow down.

GuardianElite
Jan 2, 2008, 09:56 PM
On 2008-01-02 18:52, Typheros wrote:
We might as well just have one class that can use every single weapon and has a stat modifier of 200% for every single stat, at this rate. Comparing other games is irrelevant, I just don't see the point of narrowing our class choices, whether it's a better class or not. Higher tier classes should only branch out, not narrow down.

Hey, least master classes we can be versatile. Unlike being confined to one of advance classes.

Shishi-O
Jan 2, 2008, 10:05 PM

it increases my ability to play exactly as i see fit, completely my customization.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2008-01-02 19:13 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 2, 2008, 10:08 PM

*nods*

GuardianElite
Jan 2, 2008, 10:12 PM
On 2008-01-02 19:08, Shiroryuu wrote:

*nods*

Nobody is telling you to play them. If you don't want to use them don't but others would like to enjoy them.. nuff said

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GuardianElite on 2008-01-02 19:25 ]</font>

Ken_Silver
Jan 2, 2008, 11:02 PM
*another long and crazy thread http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif *

My answer to the Master classes is this: if I can't use Spears, Knuckles, Wands and Bows in any of those classes, then I'm staying Wartecher, if I can, then I will switch. It is all about prefrence for me. If I can use the weapons I want and have fun with it, then I'll be fine. Because in a party, it is all about how you use your skills, not what class you belong to in order to use them. Trust me, in the heat of battle, a life-saving Resta is a life-saving resta, whether it comes from a WT, a GT, an AT, BET, a MF, a Final Fantasy GF, TGIF, or a Sonic the Hedgehog OMGWTF. Can I get an Amen? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

*Note: BET, GF, TGIF and OMGWTF are not classes, unless you're looking for those infamous beast with axes. If you obtain one of these classes, let me know and show me a screenshot, because I have a bridge to sell you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ken_Silver on 2008-01-02 20:04 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Jan 2, 2008, 11:57 PM
On 2008-01-02 18:56, GuardianElite wrote:

Hey, least master classes we can be versatile. Unlike being confined to one of advance classes.

Versatility belongs to Hybrid classes and is the reason we have less ATP or TP than a Forte class. Giving the higher stats AND versatility to one class completely obsoletes everything but that Master class. Pretty obvious if you ask me.

And I understand I don't have to play it, but having everyone be only one of three classes affects everyone. Did we forget this is an online game? We don't need everything becoming bland.

GuardianElite
Jan 3, 2008, 12:04 AM
On 2008-01-02 20:57, Typheros wrote:

On 2008-01-02 18:56, GuardianElite wrote:

Versatility belongs to Hybrid classes and is the reason we have less ATP or TP than a Forte class. Giving the higher stats AND versatility to one class completely obsoletes everything but that Master class. Pretty obvious if you ask me.

And I understand I don't have to play it, but having everyone be only one of three classes affects everyone. Did we forget this is an online game? We don't need everything becoming bland.

yeah but actually who likes to go switch classes and come on it would allow be more customizable think of it that way

Kamiense
Jan 3, 2008, 12:59 AM
If we did have only one class, which we may end up having, the everyone in the game would turn into Anga Jaborga spamming monsters, hitting for over 20,000 damage to poor little level 110 monsters. The only arguements would be who's the sucker who has to buff everyone with level 50+ buffs.

And that's when I never play another PS game ever again.

Just some info if it ever came to that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kamiense on 2008-01-02 22:00 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 3, 2008, 01:00 AM
Well, Ken does have a good point. If I can use S rank [Twin] Sabers, Daggers, have a speed bonus with melee attacks, the highest EVP of all classes, and the highest level of melee PAs, then I might go to a Master class, otherwise, I'll stick to Acrofighter.

GuardianElite
Jan 3, 2008, 10:39 AM
On 2008-01-02 21:59, Kamiense wrote:
If we did have only one class, which we may end up having, the everyone in the game would turn into Anga Jaborga spamming monsters, hitting for over 20,000 damage to poor little level 110 monsters. The only arguements would be who's the sucker who has to buff everyone with level 50+ buffs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kamiense on 2008-01-02 22:00 ]</font>

not every body going to use axes. I'll never use em so that fails..

Miren
Jan 13, 2008, 05:20 AM
On 2008-01-02 20:02, Ken_Silver wrote:
*another long and crazy thread http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif *

My answer to the Master classes is this: if I can't use Spears, Knuckles, Wands and Bows in any of those classes, then I'm staying Wartecher, if I can, then I will switch. It is all about prefrence for me. If I can use the weapons I want and have fun with it, then I'll be fine. Because in a party, it is all about how you use your skills, not what class you belong to in order to use them. Trust me, in the heat of battle, a life-saving Resta is a life-saving resta, whether it comes from a WT, a GT, an AT, BET, a MF, a Final Fantasy GF, TGIF, or a Sonic the Hedgehog OMGWTF. Can I get an Amen? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

*Note: BET, GF, TGIF and OMGWTF are not classes, unless you're looking for those infamous beast with axes. If you obtain one of these classes, let me know and show me a screenshot, because I have a bridge to sell you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ken_Silver on 2008-01-02 20:04 ]</font>

OMGWTF = One Master Gunner War Tech Figher

-Ryuki-
Jan 13, 2008, 09:19 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't approve of "master" classes? I know I've said this before, and complained time and time again, but.. eh. I just feel that the classes that are currently out would end up being obsolete..

If "master" classes are so "masterful", then there shouldn't be a reason for anyone to be anything BUT those. If that's the case, I'm starting to lose my love for PSU.

Rayokarna
Jan 13, 2008, 11:41 AM
On 2008-01-13 06:19, RyukiZero wrote:
Am I the only one who doesn't approve of "master" classes? I know I've said this before, and complained time and time again, but.. eh. I just feel that the classes that are currently out would end up being obsolete..

If "master" classes are so "masterful", then there shouldn't be a reason for anyone to be anything BUT those. If that's the case, I'm starting to lose my love for PSU.

I can easily say your not the only one cause half of the community is with you on that point. But Im hoping if anything, they do make the advance classes obsolete. For me it will be easier to set up weapon combos, lvl PAs, Solo, do support and other stuff with a specific Master Class. But like what was said earlier in this thread, if you don't like em' dont play them. If you still can't stand it quit the game. The people who want Master classes to be good won't lose any sleep over it.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 13, 2008, 11:50 AM
On 2008-01-13 06:19, RyukiZero wrote:

I still don't know where to stand on them, but at first, I was probably one one of the first to flat out say that I'm against it.

Although now I'm having trouble what to think of it due to complete ignorance of what they are and what they do, I would still say that I am leaning more towards opposing the classes. But hey, you know what? Let's boycott them.

SStrikerR
Jan 13, 2008, 12:01 PM
Why doesn't everyone just shut the hell up about them until they come out?

Rayokarna
Jan 13, 2008, 12:13 PM
On 2008-01-13 09:01, Ryan113 wrote:

That not phisically possible.

SStrikerR
Jan 13, 2008, 12:25 PM
On 2008-01-13 09:01, Ryan113 wrote:

Yes it is. I agree with this guy completely, loet's all just shut up about it till they come out!

(/crazy)

Reipard
Jan 13, 2008, 12:25 PM

That you actually think any of this is even a remote possibility is positively ridiculous.

At least give Sonic Team some freaking credit for having made an online RPG before.

omegapirate2k
Jan 13, 2008, 12:28 PM
Indeed, I'm reserving my judgment of them for when they are released.

SStrikerR
Jan 13, 2008, 12:29 PM
Thank god.

zandra117
Jan 13, 2008, 03:34 PM
I hope that the master classes aren't available at the class counter when they release. Instead they should be the reward for a challenge mode type series of quests in PSU. When you S-Rank the PSU C-Mode the classes become available for you at the class counter then you just have to meet their requirements to change to them.

Aviva
Jan 13, 2008, 04:00 PM
On 2008-01-13 12:34, zandra117 wrote:
I hope that the master classes aren't available at the class counter when they release. Instead they should be the reward for a challenge mode type series of quests in PSU. When you S-Rank the PSU C-Mode the classes become available for you at the class counter then you just have to meet their requirements to change to them.

I like...

Aviva
Jan 13, 2008, 04:05 PM
On 2008-01-13 12:34, zandra117 wrote:

I like...

AZKlegend
Jan 13, 2008, 04:45 PM
Does this mean that force hunter and ranger can go to 20?

Ken_Silver
Jan 13, 2008, 05:06 PM
On 2008-01-13 02:20, Miren wrote:

On 2008-01-02 20:02, Ken_Silver wrote:

OMGWTF = One Master Gunner War Tech Figher

You win the right to try out the master classes first when they come out. Just for making that out to be an actual class.

Epic Win, my friend. Epic Win. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif