PDA

View Full Version : AOTI Episode 10 frame rate

Achaiah191
Jan 1, 2008, 06:22 PM
i'm doing episode 10 on Xbox version, and its almost unplayable. The framerate is probably about 5 fps and everything is extremely hard to do. Anyone else have this problem while playing through the last mission?

Achaiah191
Jan 1, 2008, 06:27 PM
This is insane, I dont want to sound like a jerk, but this is just horrible. What is Sega's problem making the game run THIS bad in the final mission?

Cry0
Jan 1, 2008, 06:30 PM
not really, not. although it's a pretty intensive level. tried lowering your specs?

telephone
Jan 1, 2008, 06:31 PM
Kinda hard to do that when you're on the Xbox.

Achaiah191
Jan 1, 2008, 06:33 PM
I dont know if any other Xbox player has this problem, but it runs so slow that it takes me about 30 seconds to run from 1 store to the next in the guardians colony. This is what sega gets for adding combat to an area that wasn't made for combat. It runs so slow its almost making me not care to see what happens in the last mission http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Christmas
Jan 1, 2008, 06:45 PM
I had the same problem, only way I got through it was to endure the mad slow down in Part A. Once you get to the lobby between A and B log out and log back in. Then beat part B normally, it didn't slow down.

Achaiah191
Jan 1, 2008, 06:50 PM
My game locked out at the loading screen to enter the lobby between the two parts. Fuck this. Can someone just tell me what happens? It runs too fucking slow for me to want to do it all over again.

IsoDonk
Jan 1, 2008, 07:38 PM
I think it's related to the same issue that makes Sacred Stream pretty much unplayable. I had the same issue, it started at the bit with Nav and from then on was just complete sludge.

I'm guessing it wasn't like this pre-expansion.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jan 1, 2008, 08:16 PM
It's faulty programming on the blue robot explosions. Every time they explode, they put more strain on the 360's memory. Sonic Team still hasn't fixed this..?

Christmas
Jan 1, 2008, 09:40 PM
It's still there, I tried hunting a Sleep / Resist not to long ago... Slowdown just made me give up.

Raine_Loire
Jan 1, 2008, 10:16 PM
Well, if you play chapter 1 of episode 3, it'll catch you up if you REALLY don't want to play through. I don't have major slowdown from robot levels... a little, but not too bad- is there a relationship to how much space you have on your hard drive?

Christmas
Jan 1, 2008, 10:30 PM
It started alright, but the longer I played the worse it got. Like said, it's mostly the blue robot explosions making it worse.

pikachief
Jan 1, 2008, 10:33 PM
If you are in a mission and robots start exploding your game will run VERY VERY SLOWLY!

Groove of the fanatics is pretty much unplayable for me and my friends http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

but yea sux :/

this is for 360 ver. BTW

JeffPaine
Jan 1, 2008, 10:35 PM
So is ANY mission with robots supposed to screw up the game? Because I've done Military Subway about a million times now (levelling up types) and I've only encountered slowdown once. (but yeah I did get slowdown other times, like Ep2 Ch10)

pikachief
Jan 1, 2008, 10:37 PM
idk because my friend has just recently been getting robot problems at groove and i dont get robot problems at desert goliath....

but most robot missions do...

some people get it some times u dont get it...

its kinda random, but unless u MUST do the mission stay away from teh Bots :/

TheTofuShop
Jan 1, 2008, 11:17 PM
I only get slowdown on the Sacred Stream Robots...

The AMF HQ missions work fine for me...

Akaimizu
Jan 2, 2008, 01:30 AM
"It's faulty programming on the blue robot explosions. Every time they explode, they put more strain on the 360's memory. Sonic Team still hasn't fixed this..? "

No, it has not been fixed at all. In fact, if you're on the 360, just try running the Train Rescue more than 2 times in a row. Betcha you can't without it becoming a slide show by the time you're finished.

Sacred Stream is just as bad. The big problem is, almost all the Gunner S ranks are in these broken missions. So good luck trying to find a group willing to help you run those missions, because that glitch is precisely why nobody wants to run them. Moatoob is also not safe as the glitch is in Desert Goliath as well. Mother Brain boss drops have slowed to a crawl. It's an old-school Rappy hunt trying to get her to drop anything, now. However, some of the regular enemies, in that level, aren't too bad about dropping decent items, just not the Boss Box ones you might want.

I think SEGA just doesn't want me to get those GT S rank guns legitimately. This time, I know I'll get the money first before finding any. Kind of a shame. I'd have much more access to nabbing that crossbow if only I didn't have to reboot my 360 everytime I play the level to hunt for it.

Don't know what's taking them so long. If they have a bug there, couldn't they simply stop the new robot explosions and go back to the ones on the disk until they get it fixed?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-01 22:34 ]</font>

telephone
Jan 2, 2008, 10:25 AM
It's got a lot to do with the background rendering and it's fog bullshit.

Akaimizu
Jan 2, 2008, 10:30 AM
Not the regular part of the game. We're talking about the memory leak with robot explosions. Those are the ones that make it terrible and only a reboot fixes it. The standard rendering only causes those little frame dips, from time to time; but they don't invoke a bug that causes your entire game to keep slowing down, from that point on, until you reboot.

Getintothegame
Jan 2, 2008, 11:58 AM
Clear your cache (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=161083&forum=3&6).

Akaimizu
Jan 2, 2008, 12:49 PM
That doesn't fix the Robot bug issue. It helps with general aspects, if your cache has problem. The Robot bug issue is completely unrelated to the cache as it will happen each and every time you decide to run the robot missions.

MrBeans
Jan 2, 2008, 12:54 PM
When did the robots start making people bug out? Must be recently because I didn't notice a problem on grove a few weeks ago.

Akaimizu
Jan 2, 2008, 12:57 PM
It was noticed ever since the expansion, but diagnosed about the beginning of december. They're typically gunner/hunt missions.You can get lucky, but way too often the bug hits. Want a good example? Try running the Train Rescue mission more than once, and then try to play the game, after that. Your first time should be smooth, your 2nd time might start to slow at the beginning of the mission, and then by the time you finish it it'll be real slow.

Then try any other mission after that or even just moving in your room. Your missions, from that point on should become a near slideshow, doesn't matter which, by then. It can happen on any typical blue robo infested mission, especially on a version of the map with more of them (since the chances of the bug happening grow greatly with more bot encounters). The explosions can easily start the bug, and then once that happens your stuck with it until you reboot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-02 10:14 ]</font>