PDA

View Full Version : Te / PP generate, what's it like?

Turbobrain
Jan 2, 2008, 09:13 AM
Just wondering about the rate it restores PP. Does it restore a SET amount of PP or a SET % of the weapons total PP? If so, how much PP?(per second or whatever) Is it worth it(for my siutation, described below).

I am levelling up my Cast Fortegunner(wow its real easy to level now!) and am working on Killer shot. Even with a Giga/BulletPPSave it's a juicy PA and only being able to keep 10 Photon charges.... well they dont last long.

Also, I have to consider that I will lose my SUV for this unit and I like my SUV but would happily lose it if I could level up my bullets more effectively(lol, it would surely speed up AFK bullet leveling, not that I've yet done that on ANY of my alts).

So, what do y'all think?

Sekani
Jan 2, 2008, 09:16 AM
As far as I can tell it increases the amount of PP you regen each tick.

Turbobrain
Jan 2, 2008, 09:22 AM
Yes but I'm wondering hy how much? If it's significant or not, especially in my case.... leveling up bullets and PP hungry bullets like Killler Shot is tough enough, especially when your running out of PP.

I should think it restores a set % of the weapons total PP, I was wondering what the % was and how often it regens(every second?).

I wonder when/if we are going to see a hard/pp restore(or something... the next unit up).

Sekani
Jan 2, 2008, 09:32 AM
I don't know the exact numbers, but I know that the reduction isn't quite as significant as a PP Save unit, especially over time. I still like the PP Generate for my wartecher since it slightly offsets the Sori / Tech CHARGE I have equipped.

ilovetypemoon
Jan 2, 2008, 09:35 AM
It increases PP generation by 2 per every tick. Yes, it's set number regardless of your stats/level/equipment.

gamewarp
Jan 2, 2008, 09:35 AM
its always 2PP

Sasamichan
Jan 2, 2008, 09:59 AM
Does this really drop in all ranks of Awaken Serpent?

Golto
Jan 2, 2008, 10:52 AM
There's two other pp generate units Sori and Hize(12*). Lets hope they will be released sometime in the future along with all the other high-end units yet to be released.

Turbobrain
Jan 2, 2008, 02:14 PM
2PP per tick.... who wants to buy/trade this POS off me... some shop owner is laughing right now(yes I bought it but... got impatient waiting for replies).

Also, I believe it drops from Mother Brain all ranks.

I may go back to Azatoth in a moment and do that mission... would be nice to find another Twin Tornado and not fail it.... it cerainly drops more than fakis.

Dealer
Jan 2, 2008, 02:22 PM
It's better than an SUV when levelling killer shot. It's also better than a defensive EXTRA slot if you're not dying.

Use it with a yohmei rifle and a bullet save.

Shishi-O
Jan 2, 2008, 05:48 PM
On 2008-01-02 06:13, Turbobrain wrote:
Just wondering about the rate it restores PP. Does it restore a SET amount of PP or a SET % of the weapons total PP? If so, how much PP?(per second or whatever) Is it worth it(for my siutation, described below).

I am levelling up my Cast Fortegunner(wow its real easy to level now!) and am working on Killer shot. Even with a Giga/BulletPPSave it's a juicy PA and only being able to keep 10 Photon charges.... well they dont last long.

Also, I have to consider that I will lose my SUV for this unit and I like my SUV but would happily lose it if I could level up my bullets more effectively(lol, it would surely speed up AFK bullet leveling, not that I've yet done that on ANY of my alts).

So, what do y'all think?

worx great with a pp save unit,

Aviendha
Jan 2, 2008, 05:58 PM
I use one when my SUV is charged and I'm saving it for a specific room.

Indica
Jan 2, 2008, 05:59 PM
I have 2 of those units and Im not that happy with them. Ive only used them on a Force character but unable to say what it's like using Strinking weapons.

Maybe using Strike weapons may have a better experience

Mewnie
Jan 2, 2008, 06:23 PM
well, it's that or a regen unit.

I have giresta, so that make the HP Restore kind of redundant.

GuardianElite
Jan 2, 2008, 06:28 PM
On 2008-01-02 15:23, Mewnie wrote:
well, it's that or a regen unit.

I have giresta, so that make the HP Restore kind of redundant.

they can stack tho xp

Nai_Calus
Jan 2, 2008, 06:36 PM
It's probably most useful on striking weapons, which have smaller numbers for both total PP and PP regen per tick than ranged or tech weapons - If something only gets, say, 4 PP a tick, an extra two PP is great. If it gets, say, 13, the extra two aren't that noticable.

Akaimizu
Jan 2, 2008, 06:44 PM
Every little bit helps. And funny enough, it seems to make a noticible difference. Nothing groundbreaking, but the stuff you add on, to aid PP retention, adds up. It's felt in the field, and that's all that matters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-02 15:45 ]</font>

Xaeris
Jan 2, 2008, 06:49 PM
The greatest thing the TP Generate has going for it is that it doesn't have much in the way of competition for non casts. Most any mission solo or in a group with a surplus of charges, so it's not like that extra 2 PP regen is doing anything spectacular, but if you don't have a Hard/Stamina, what else is there?

kyle21
Jan 2, 2008, 06:57 PM
If you combine this with a PP Save unit it would work great for leveling PA's or doing solo's, as far as the amount of charges you would use. But overall it kinda sucks... maybe when the higher ranked one comes it will regen 4 which would be a noticeable increase for melee.

Hard/HP!

Xencia
Jan 2, 2008, 08:39 PM
Personally I think the unit is ok,but not on everyone. My AT makes decent use of it,since she has all one handed stuff. Two separate weapons make better use of it then a two handed one. If I could get a Serafi-senba for my WT I'd probably equip her with one too.

princejlee
Jan 2, 2008, 11:53 PM
lol 2pp is a lie it restores double the pp of the weapon you have depending on manufacture eg kubara svaltus restores 2pp per tick and with unit 4pp, yomei spear 6pp with unit 12 pp well atleast thats wot i see with melee weps

HienkyakuX
Jan 3, 2008, 12:16 AM
The most advantage u can have with that unit is if you have a giga /skill pp save. It works great with most of the multi target/fast hitting weps like slicers, daggers, whips (my fav with that set).