PDA

View Full Version : Drop rates in GBR

Sinaku
Jan 2, 2008, 03:37 PM
The two rares that I am really looking forward to are the Kan Yu and the Rikauteri. Both drop from boss boxes only, but I was told that the event GBR doesn't affect boss box drop rates. A few other people told me that I was better off waiting for GBR to drop these items. So can someone please clarify whether or not these items will be more easily obtainable in this event?

Thank you

Mr_Confused
Jan 2, 2008, 03:39 PM
When they boost drop rates it boosts the amount of times enemies drop items, thus increasing your chance of getting something rare. Boss Boxes have 100% drop rate so they wont get an increase, as you can have something above 100% drop rate or it would have the chance to drop two items.

Golto
There's still a big question on if they will even bother giving us this feature.

GuardianElite
GBR only effects exp,MP or the drop anything rates of enemies which doesnt effect boss boxes

youll have better luck finding the 11* bow in MAG

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GuardianElite on 2008-01-02 12:40 ]</font>

GuardianElite
Jan 2, 2008, 03:41 PM
On 2008-01-02 12:39, Golto wrote:
There's still a big question on if they will even bother giving us this feature.

I heard it failed terribly in Japan

Leahcim
Jan 2, 2008, 03:45 PM
On 2008-01-02 12:41, GuardianElite wrote:

Really now? speculations please? =o

RedMussel
Jan 2, 2008, 03:49 PM
On 2008-01-02 12:45, Leahcim wrote:

Well, I can see it failing here. Becuase most people thought it would effect box drops.

GuardianElite
Jan 2, 2008, 03:52 PM

everybody still did the AOI mission hotspots and if anybody did the old ones very few did

Inazuma
Jan 2, 2008, 05:04 PM

it failed b/c it was very poorly done. ep2 missions were giving out tons more meseta and items, so no one was doing ep1 anymore. GBR increased the drop rates for some really shitty missions that dont give anything good cept for pwand. but the problem was, you had to keep running all the gbr missions many times to increase your personal drop rate boost.

and, it maxed out at only 50%. if you had a party of 6 and everyone was maxed out, you could have a 300% drop rate boost overall. but... since its 6 members, you have a 1/6 chance of getting items. and even w/ all those boosts going, it didnt even come close to ep2. who cares if you get more worthless items than normal? its no surprise it failed miserably.

another thing that really bothered me, is the extreme lack of difficulty. 6 members fighting lv 100 monsters? it was just stupid trying to fight monsters who were dead literally 2 seconds after they spawned. my techs were usually too slow to even touch the monsters before the slicers would instantly destroy em. gbr aside, psu as a whole is not designed for big parties. since ep2 has come out, ive been doing 1 or maybe 2 member parties and thats plenty considering how easy it is.

as you all know, sonic team lacks when it comes to proper game balance. and psu's missions are no exception.

but even after ive said all that, gbr has potential. increase the personal boost to 100% so having extra members becomes worthwhile. pick better missions that drop items that actually have some value. having the bonus as char exp or PA exp would be cool too. i love the idea of drop rates increasing w/ each party member. i think that should be the case for every mission. it also mite be cool if monsters HP increased a little for each additional member.

Golto
Jan 2, 2008, 05:33 PM
They should just forget about GBR and give all v1 missions/ boss boxes the same rates as AOI's.

RedMussel
Jan 2, 2008, 05:37 PM
On 2008-01-02 14:33, Golto wrote:
They should just forget about GBR and give all v1 missions/ boss boxes the same rates as AOI's.

I agree...And disagree at the same time. If we make the box drops the same as AotI then it would be easy getting anything we want, and on the other hand we will get everything we ever wantted which meens whats the point of playing. We would just be on the look at our weapons and max out our levels and be with friends who are also bored.

-Crokar-
Jan 2, 2008, 06:16 PM
people are already bored as hell so it would change nothing.

mvffin
Jan 2, 2008, 10:31 PM

i said this a while ago, but if they do it all at once, then everyone would dissipate to their favorite mission, and make it hard to find parties. I think they should slowly change one mission every other week. pls start with zoalgoug lol

GuardianElite
Jan 2, 2008, 10:35 PM
On 2008-01-02 19:31, mvffin wrote:

i said this a while ago, but if they do it all at once, then everyone would dissipate to their favorite mission, and make it hard to find parties. I think they should slowly change one mission every other week. pls start with zoalgoug lol

GBR doesnt even come close to drop rate of new missions. I think he meant scrap GBR raise the Rare drop and drop anything rate like AOI missions

Ken_Silver
Jan 2, 2008, 10:41 PM
I feel sad and disappointed to hear that the Guardians Boost Road was a failure. I was looking forward to it too. I mean drop rate wise. On a side note, I don't see where everyone sees the game as easy. I have a very hard time leveling up my character. Jarbas still kick my butt and when Megid hits, Megid hits. Ah well, let's hope sonic team balances out the game eventually.