PDA

View Full Version : If the present vesion of the US civilation were to collaspe,

ShinMaruku
Jan 2, 2008, 10:56 PM
Before people go mad remember after WWI-WWII The old European order was destroyed and the British Empire was degraded and lost it's authority.

Allos
Jan 2, 2008, 11:02 PM
On 2008-01-02 19:56, ShinMaruku wrote:
Before people go mad remember after WWI-WWII The old European order was destroyed and the British Empire was degraded and lost it's authority.

The British Empire was crumbling long before WWI or WWII, and I wouldn't necessarily say that either world war "degraded" Great Britain. In addition, the U.S. becoming a super power has not taken away Britain's super power status.

As far as the topic is concerned however, much more information would be needed as to why the United States fell and who was responsible for anyone to predict what the outcome would be.

ShinMaruku
Jan 2, 2008, 11:15 PM
From how I seen it how the world war destroyed the state that Europe was in prior to the wars. There had been great political shifts after that war. Super Power Status was not traded but rather positions shifted. After that war I guess Britain decided that what it was doign was not wroth the trouble resulting in all these "New" Nations springing up. As a result of that however several situations has arisen from this change. Pakistan and India as an example, how they fued (However Pakistan is now in it's own stupid stuff)

Now as for the why the US fell it's rather how all great nations fall, corruption not much stability in it's various parts, failing economy and a backlash form the world over pompousness.

Shadowpawn
Jan 2, 2008, 11:20 PM
If it were to collapse? Well I wouldn't know the outcome of that, in fact it's kinda hard to imagine that the U.S. would fall in its current state. I mean, yeah we're doing bad right now but not bad enough to warrant a collapse of Rome proportions.

ShinMaruku
Jan 2, 2008, 11:23 PM
On 2008-01-02 20:20, Shadowpawn wrote:
If it were to collapse? Well I wouldn't know the outcome of that, in fact it's kinda hard to imagine that the U.S. would fall in its current state. I mean, yeah we're doing bad right now but not bad enough to warrant a collapse of Rome proportions.

Not really implying that, how the stupid shit the government been doing could be a boon if they can. change. But old bastards hardly change.

Saner
Jan 3, 2008, 12:45 AM
well they have too many bodyguards and arrogance to start listen to people and end the corruption. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Solstis
Jan 3, 2008, 01:19 AM
I foresee a decline, but not a collapse.

Global influence would decrease, and there would probably be a short isolationist period until things heated up internationally.

BlaizeYES
Jan 3, 2008, 05:13 AM
every nation goes through a cycle, we already passed our peak in the 50s and we're continuing the downward spiral of death. in 100 years our country will be accurately depicted as it is in "idiocracy." THE GOLDEN AGE HAS PASSED. GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN.

dubai and the arabic nations will be next to rule the world, followed by canada. we'll consume all of our fossil fuels and run cars on "cool" points, with the deep southern hemisphere owning 95% of the power from its hidden source. antarctica will be known as the party that never sleeps open 24/7 for business.

then the world will run out in about 100 years. we'll find the perfect homeless man on the street, pay him a million bucks, and then shoot him out into outer space to see what happens. there will be no return strategy, never see him again.

then we'll then ship people by the dozens into outer space only to find that you CAN survive in space, you just get really huge, about 150 miles tall. they will hold a basketball match in celebration of everyone just being huge. rip hamilton will attempt to dunk on the net but will float out of the atmosphere and dunk on saturn's rings, no goaltending needed.

then we play mario kart on the moon.

the end

Split
Jan 3, 2008, 05:34 PM
better

hopefully

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Split on 2008-01-03 14:37 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Jan 3, 2008, 06:54 PM
I think the question is too complex to be answered, or at least speculated on, in a PSOworld post.

omegapirate2k
Jan 3, 2008, 07:24 PM
On 2008-01-03 02:13, BlaizeYES wrote:
then we play mario kart on the moon.

I fully support this new vision, also, canada ruling the world is a pleasant thing to think about.

ShinMaruku
Jan 3, 2008, 10:46 PM
That'd make England rule again.. I mean they still own em. They hide that shit, but they do, wtf I see that hag on the dollar for? T dot! >_>

Dangerous55
Jan 4, 2008, 02:42 AM
I see a decline, the only way it will collapse is civil war...which honestly isn't that crazy or far off.

Dopples
Jan 4, 2008, 08:25 AM
You'd have to be a communist to think that we'll collapse!

Damn commies.

KodiaX987
Jan 4, 2008, 08:50 AM
LAWL HAY GUYZE! Has it ever occurred to you that the question is entirely speculative and you actually have to fathom a scenario in your heads to answer it? Don't tell me you are all so hellbent on God Bless America that you can't even think of a situation where the US of A has gone poof.

Word to the wise: do not attempt to write fiction until you can answer this thread in an adequate manner. Saying you can't answer because the US will never fall is a waste of everyone's time.

BlaizeYES
Jan 4, 2008, 06:59 PM
i hope you're not talking about my "fiction," because mine is a reality in the process. up until the part with rip hamilton.

everyone knows he cant dunk

ShinMaruku
Jan 5, 2008, 01:50 AM
Too far thinkin...

DizzyDi
Jan 5, 2008, 02:06 AM
Or is it?

ShinMaruku
Jan 5, 2008, 02:08 AM
Clear and concise thought tis not valued here.

DizzyDi
Jan 5, 2008, 02:18 AM
On 2008-01-04 23:08, ShinMaruku wrote:
Clear and concise thought tis not valued here.

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/5777/1180297798922sc9.jpg

ShinMaruku
Jan 5, 2008, 02:18 AM
Thou shalt not use the lord's name in vain.

Moo2u
Jan 5, 2008, 10:40 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/Moo2u/Funny%20pics/monk-wants-you.jpg