PDA

View Full Version : AotI: GT - PA selection / weapon choice

Aralia
Jan 3, 2008, 01:41 AM
Ok.. So I'm taking my CAST from fG to GT since I'm bored of fG.

I'd like to know what weapons do most of you GT's use and what PA's for them.

I'm currently using twin handguns, bows and x-bows primarily, but I'd like to know if there's better choices.

Genoa
Jan 3, 2008, 02:22 AM
Twin Handguns
Bow
Shotgun
Crossbow/Dagger(Shunbu Shouren-zan) or Saber (Rising Strike) [helps get enemies off]
Machinegun/Saber or Dagger (same as above)
Wand/Madoog (buffs)
Wand/Madoog (heals and jellen/zoldeel).

I bring Laser Cannons with me too, they're fun from time to time and help a lot in certain missions... but if you're a cast, stay away from the Shadoogs, you'd whoop a lot more ass with the machinegun and crossbow.

beatrixkiddo
Jan 3, 2008, 02:32 AM
Twin Handguns and Shotguns moved to the front of the line with AotI re-adjustments. However, Shotguns don't allow as much mobility and require you to be point-blank for focused firing. Twin Handguns have mobility, and are focused firing at any range. However, both of those options lack the ability to wield a wand alongside, so Crossbows are still a decent option, despite falling behind Shotguns and Twin handguns in terms of damage output.

:/

Laser Cannons can be okay given the right circumstances, but they're a pain to level for such a niche use.

Aralia
Jan 3, 2008, 02:42 AM
So from what you two have said so far I'd wanna play as though I only had the gunner portions of PT and Fighgunner.
Interesting...

I see.. k, I'mma hit the hay and check this tomorrow. if anyone else wants to leave some tips I'll check the thread when I wake up.

Kion
Jan 3, 2008, 02:18 PM
you're right on track with the weapon selection. some GT's like to have cards on hand with a support wand so they don't have to worry about aiming as they strafe and taking care of their teammates. crossbow or shadoog also fills in that role so there's no need unless your a card fan.

bow or rifle, which ever you want to use is up to you. bow is the normal choice as it ignores defense for a class that doesn't have amazing atp. keep rifle around for SE's like killer or freeze shot, but most of the tiem it's not nessesary.

mechguns are also a good weapon to have on hand. with all bullets getting knock back, mechs can stunlock enemies while racking up DPS similar to crossbow except at a distance.

don't waste your tiem with attack techs as a cast. grab support techs and a har quick, but even those aren' very nessesatry and it's a pain in the ass to run after party members and their bitching about your lack of support. so atleast grab resta, reverser an what ever buffs you want for yourself. debuffs have literally almost no efect so don;t waste PA or pallet space on them.

melee attacks are really limited. grab hikai for bullet resistant enemies you come across.

Pillan
Jan 3, 2008, 02:27 PM
Cards, crossbows, twin handguns, and shotguns cover all situations pretty well. You can add rifles and laser cannons for their situational uses. Bows are only worth it if you like the S ranks. Machineguns aren't really necessary since GT doesn't have enough ATP/ATA for them to break card damage yet.

And, of course, pick up a saber/dagger for melee apropriate situations.

Criss
Jan 3, 2008, 06:28 PM
Be sure to add cards to your arsenal, they're one of the highest-dmg weapons a GT can have. I personally wouldn't recommend shotguns for GTs... although they have good damage, the lack of mobility doesn't fit well with the GTs playstyle, especially since GTs aren't as resistant as other classes.

I personally gave up on bows as a GT since AoI. The damage is awefully low, the DEF-bypass property still doesn't let it catch up to cards' raw damage, SE4 isn't as necessary since SE3 now works on almost everything, it takes both hands AND doesn't allow strafe. If you need first-person aiming, Twin Handguns would be your best bet.

Crossbows are a great mix of raw damage and SE inflincting, and even though GTs don't have the raw ATP to make machineguns killing machines, they're still awesome at quickly flinching several enemies in a short amount of time and preventing them from attacking.

banned_eh
Jan 3, 2008, 06:41 PM
I'm new to guntecher, already asked a few questions and tested alot of things for max effectiveness and here is what I suggest.

3x twin hand guns + all 31+ bullets, (takes awhile to level but better than rifles, and more usefull than everything else)
1x high PP rifle with killer shot, just grind a A rank one to like 2k pp thats all u need. it sux tho, I dont like killer shot doesnt do much.
1x xbow, grind it up, use fire bullets @ first then work your dark. thats all u need.
1x mech gun, glitchin of course http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
2x wands with G resta / ATT buff. i would prolly work on ur DEF down debuff for max damage (guntecher damage is sucky)

for bullet resistant guys, people say just use a sword or something but I honestly dont understand why, you will do lame damage per normal hit and your PA can only go up to 10 so ur pretty much stuch with a lame attack. I would recomend just using diga with either sori / tech or har quick.

cards = sux, SE4 = sux, dont bother because as a GT u will take forever to kill anything so solo play is pretty much pointless, sadly u will only be effective in a party. and to anyone who says other wise, they are stuipd and like to role play. I tested this and it took me 48 mins to solo white beast S, compared to 20 when I switched to fighgunner. waste of time for solo, but fun to play still

Genoa
Jan 3, 2008, 07:15 PM
On 2008-01-03 11:18, Kion wrote:
debuffs have literally almost no efect so don;t waste PA or pallet space on them.

1. Debuffs can remove an enemies buffs
2. Debuffs can help tag a group of enemies for experience (when higher than 10 that is)
3. Jellen and Zoldeel are actually pretty nice, try them sometime, because I'm almost positive you're making the remark because Zalure blows >_>