PDA

View Full Version : BSOD in PSU?

TheGnomeKing
Jan 3, 2008, 10:13 AM
I recall distinctly losing quite a bit from that "side-server error" or whatever it was from PSO back when I played it, and I was wondering if the problem existed in PSU as well. I hadn't thought of it, but I was just in a game and tried to pick up a monomate...
It wouldn't let me pick it up, and the guy I was playing with couldn't see it. That was a bad sign back on PSO, so I went ahead and pulled my ethernet cable just in case...

Nuclearranger
Jan 3, 2008, 10:59 AM
No that issue does not exist on PSU your pretty safe from losing anything in PSU from server errors ect.

amtalx
Jan 3, 2008, 11:18 AM
With server-side saves, you really don't have to worry. The biggest advantage now is that even in the rare event that something does get lost, you can start the waterworks in an email to ST and sometimes they will restore items. They should have logs of everything.

Nuclearranger
Jan 3, 2008, 11:22 AM
The only time you lose anything is in the event of shops +code junkies and that is a rare occurance anyway.

TheGnomeKing
Jan 3, 2008, 11:41 AM
Alright, thanks. Roadrunner's been acting up this morning, so I guess I can attribute it to that.

CoV-Shana
Jan 3, 2008, 01:12 PM
That's one thing that relieved me about PSU. With server-side I don't have to worry about my dog chewing up my memory card, a friend deleting it, or the data going corrupt. I've had my share of bad luck in PSO... lol