PDA

View Full Version : What's with the Master class debates?

SATatami
Jan 3, 2008, 12:40 PM
I mean really. Everyone's talking like they know everything about it. Some people are claiming it will ruin the game, and some say that it will be the most awesome thing ever. Now, there's even one person claiming that what he said will be the say all end all of the class. Now, could someone send me the link to the proof that we're actually GETTING these classes? and even if we do, and they're basically HU/RA/FO, but stronger, stronger than ever the forte classes, then what's the problem there? Lots of MMOs have classes that are stepping stones to higher classes. If that's the case then undoubtedly you hybrid master classes and master forte classes will come out, whine whine. What if everything above 15* star is considered class SS? Then no one can equip these weapons? does it make any sense that someone with a 15* sword can hella outdamage a 9* one? How's that even fair? >_> So yeah, might fix balancing issues. But you know, even that is speculation. But the final line, really is... Don't worry about how much it'll ruin or fix the game. If they're only weapon master classes, then that's what they'll be. If they're the new HU/FO/RA, then that's what they'll be. They won't be unbalanced. And if they are a hell of a lot stronger than the others, just wait for the other classes to come out. And that's a rant~ Thank you for reading my wall of text, and have a nice day.

Dein
Jan 3, 2008, 12:53 PM
Honestly it's more because people like arguing about it. As for the source about the classes coming out EspioKaos posted a Developer Q & A done by ST that confirmed we'll be seeing Fighmaster, Gunmaster, and MasterForce in the near future on the JP servers.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=165545&forum=20&34

There's really no info about these classes for AotI so everything so far is just speculation. Right now all the debates have people divided into claiming that the new types will either be gimped or on par with the expert types or that the new types will be a step above the expert types. I've stated my opinion several times before so I'm not going to bother with the debate, but I'm hoping ST will release some info soon so that these threads start dying out.

SATatami
On 2008-01-03 09:46, Golto wrote:
Why make yet another topic that is covered in several others? Do a search in some of the other Master type topics for the proof.

I'm sick and lazy, lemme alone D:

Telina
a topic complaining about complaint topics? lol paradox.

noone should be talking. everyone is arguing about shit that hasn't happened yet(which is the funniest part of it all). just wait till the JP get the classes. which they should in about a month or two.

Laranas
Jan 3, 2008, 01:00 PM
On 2008-01-03 09:40, SATatami wrote:
And that's a rant~ Thank you for reading my wall of text, and have a nice day.
tl; dr. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Honestly though, the Master class talks are pretty stupid. Just wait until we get them, and then discuss how broken or overpowered they are.

DragonStorm
Jan 3, 2008, 01:18 PM
OMG...o wait no that's just my ass ur lookin at http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Anyways fighmaster better get S rank slicers as i just got a 34% 11* slicer! must use. but love my double sabers to much to switch.

Pillan
Jan 3, 2008, 01:23 PM
It's just for fun. If you don't enjoy debates with little reason and listening to people complain about things that no one knows will actually happen, I'd suggest avoiding any topic with the word "Master Classes" in the title.

SATatami
Jan 3, 2008, 01:24 PM
On 2008-01-03 10:00, Laranas wrote:

On 2008-01-03 09:40, SATatami wrote:
And that's a rant~ Thank you for reading my wall of text, and have a nice day.
tl; dr. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Honestly though, the Master class talks are pretty stupid. Just wait until we get them, and then discuss how broken or overpowered they are.

Yeah. It's like people bitching about how overpowered the new assassin 3rd job in Ragnarok Online's gonna be. Quite stupid to claim you know every damn thing about the class too.

DragonStorm
Jan 3, 2008, 01:26 PM
Master Classes FTW!!!

lv 50PA's
Use Double Cannon. 15* DB Saber!!
ok now to da store.

Mio
Jan 3, 2008, 01:31 PM
The people that are complaining for the masterclasses are the same on that where complaining when advanced classes where released, "Why sega is not making fortefighter using the doublesaber! Why I can't have S rank twin daggers on my FF!"
Now they're complaining for the opposite.

I know what masterclasses are, yeah don't believe me I don't care, and I know they will not ruin the game, just make it more enjoyable for who likes to focus only in one branch of the game.

Zora
Jan 3, 2008, 01:49 PM
i agree with you in a few ways. there is far to much crying going on about these classes. i really dont see how new classes will hurt gameplay. there was much praise made when the first set of adv classes sprang out and i really dont see a difference now. i also think its funny the people who whine about "everyone is grind grind grind" or " i have to get this lvl or this weapon". i think most people have forgotten what MMORPG's are. its about grinding. there is no final goal or accomplishment other than a maxed character. see things for what they are and that this is just a game. if it makes you mad that one class is better than yours then too bad thats life. either switch with it or make the best of your own choices. stop whining about how something new is probably better than whats out now and stop being so afraid of change.

CelestialBlade
Jan 3, 2008, 02:58 PM
We're not allowed to debate on a forum? Huh.

And nobody knows what the Masterclasses are unless you work at Sega. End of story.

Kylie
Jan 3, 2008, 03:10 PM
People like complaining, even about things that no one knows about, or things that haven't come to be (obv.). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Mio
Jan 3, 2008, 05:50 PM
On 2008-01-03 11:58, Typheros wrote:
We're not allowed to debate on a forum? Huh.

And nobody knows what the Masterclasses are unless you work at Sega. End of story.

Exatly.