PDA

View Full Version : Been playing the Xbox 360 Demo...

Videogamefan
Jan 3, 2008, 04:36 PM
and i gotta say it's really fun. The amount of perverts/immature people in universe 1 is amazing though. I'm afraid to leave my character inactive for 5 minutes on the 4th floor of the GUARDIANS Colony >_>

Anyway, this game is amazing despite it being out since Nov '06. I kinda wish i didn't check it out, because now i have to decide between a new computer and this. Anyway, a couple questions for you guys.

1)Since i have a 360 (Don't respond with "LAL 360 SUX" please), i would like to know how the population is. I read around a bit and people say there's more people + few hackers due to Microsoft banning them immediately, but those were months ago.

2)How is the high level content in this game, especially with AOTI out? The demo only has a few Parum and Neudaiz missions, along with "Fight for Food" and some other mission on the GUARDIANS Colony. There wouldn't be a reason for me to shell out 180 bucks a year if there was nothing to work towards =x

3) In the event that i do get this game, what would be better to choose? Right now, on the demo, i'm a level 14 Hunter (Human) and they don't seem to bad, but beasts seem better for that role. CASTs seem better as Rangers and Newmen as Force's. Someone i met told me it's because Humans don't have special abilities like Beasts Nanoblast and Rangers SUV (or whatever that skill is called).

Also, i have both a mic and a USB keyboard, so communication shouldn't be a problem.

I'm Looking foward to answers. The more i play the demo the more i want the real game =[

chaoskila
Jan 3, 2008, 04:40 PM
umm those perverts are not on the real game and the server on the 360 is also very populated like 2 servers full at times
the high level stuff are pretty cool
for 3 no one really cares what you be all the races are good

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 3, 2008, 04:46 PM
1) The Xbox360 servers have a larger population than the PC/PS2 servers. I've not played on the Xbox360, but I understand that a crowd isn't very difficult to find.

2) If you're looking for a challenge, you can usually find a mission that you just barely meet the requirements for, and that'll do a good job of kicking your ass. Keep in mind that the biggest parts of the game are socializing, character building and rare hunting-- be prepared to run a single mission over and over with a varying group of friends. Also, there's a great deal of lobbies to search out, some of which are decidedly more interesting than others.

Which race you want to use is really up to you. The traits are as you have deduced-- Beasts tend towards being Hunters, Casts toward Rangers, and Newmans toward Forces. Humans are not strong in any particular class, but at the same time, they're not exactly weak in any class, either. They're meant to be balanced. If this is your first foray into the online additions to the Phantasy Star franchise, then I would recommend that you start with a Human and switch around your classes until you find the play style that's right for you, then consider starting over with the race that's most inclined to that style. Since you get 4 characters, you can just have one of each race, if you like.

Itchee
1. Pretty good. Univ1 is always full with Univ2 hovering around 3-4* during peak. You'll also see random people running around the other Universes, despite it looking empty.

2. In comparison to the demo, theres a ton. Sadly, you'll find most players spamming the same two or three areas repeatedly....but if you're lucky enough to have a few friends to play with, theres alot for you to do. Lvl cap is currently 110. Adv. job cap at 15. The demo only has a fraction of the content of AoI.

3. You've have the right idea...although, you can play whatever you want. Some races are better suited to certain jobs, but that shouldnt stop you from trying all the jobs to see what you like. Its all personal preference, really. I myself am an accuracy-whore, so Ive been a CAST Ranger-type since the PSO days http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

If you like the demo....I would highly suggest getting the full version with the expansion. Its alot of fun.....hope to see you in-game!!

Chaosgyro
360 has many more people than the PC/PS2, and yes, the hacker issue on those servers is pretty much nonexistant. As for content, the demo has hardly any. There is a thread in the Guides section of this board that has maps of the 3 planets that also lists the missions which take you to the various lobbies if you want an idea of how many missions are currently released. However, I should warn you that the content doesn't change drastically between low and high level: you simply fight tougher versions of the monsters in the same locales you're used to.

As for race, everything is good. Beast and CAST have their specials though...so it's hard to ignore that. Also don't rule out CAST for hunters, the extra defense and accuracy combined with the second highest attack power makes many people argue that they are better at the job than beasts. (note: I'm not saying they're right, just that the case can be made)

HalfDarShadow
Jan 3, 2008, 04:54 PM
okay.

we will make it sweet, short and simple(not trying to be mean)

1. There is WAY more people in the real game. no perverts, scammers, losers. Any would gladely help newcommers.

2. 100x more mussions, acess to any planet, over 1000 meseta drop(usually when you can do B runs and up). exp more easier and fun. level cap for now is 110 but they increase the level every once in awhile. and they dont delete your character so youh can take your time leveling

3. All classes are great, its watever youh feel confrotable with and enjoy. and youh can make all 4 races since u can make 4 characters. Beasts and CASTs get those ability and Human and Newman have the ability to wield crea wepons.

in my personal opinion, i hate the demo, they should get rid of it one day. one of the reasons i hate it so much is because some people there can afford the real game but there to LAZY to get the real game. and it does offend me in a way. nothing towards youh just the jerks....>_<

oh and HIGHLY recommend the AOI expansion. its only 1600 Microsoft points

i hope this helps^^

HalfDarShadow
Jan 3, 2008, 04:57 PM
oops my computer glitched lol

sorry about that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/tuna.gif

StanleyPain
Jan 3, 2008, 06:30 PM
Remember that the demo servers are free...so people who just want to hang around and be morons won't have to pay for the experience.

In the real game where people are paying, everyone is, for the most part, there for the game.
In fact, I can't even remember the last time I ran into someone truly unpleasant. yeah, you get jokers who do troll-ish stuff every now and then, but by and large, most people are OK.

_K1_
Jan 3, 2008, 07:26 PM
On 2008-01-03 13:36, Videogamefan wrote:
There wouldn't be a reason for me to shell out 180 bucks a year if there was nothing to work towards =x
Other people answered your questions, so I'm just going to point out that the game is $10 a month, and you do not need XBox Live Gold to play, so it's only $120 per year.

Videogamefan
Jan 3, 2008, 07:37 PM
On 2008-01-03 16:26, _K1_ wrote:

On 2008-01-03 13:36, Videogamefan wrote:
There wouldn't be a reason for me to shell out 180 bucks a year if there was nothing to work towards =x
Other people answered your questions, so I'm just going to point out that the game is $10 a month, and you do not need XBox Live Gold to play, so it's only $120 per year.

I know i don't need Xbox live gold to play, but i'd be playing other games besides PSU, so for me it'd be 180 a year =x.

Thanks for the answers guys. Now lets see if my mom would be willing to pay for it until i get my own job in a few months <<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Videogamefan on 2008-01-03 17:46 ]</font>

Tokori
Jan 3, 2008, 10:32 PM
I had the same problem as question #1 about a week ago. I didn't know whether to buy the game or not, but my reasons came more from whether or not PSU could keep up with what PSO was. Honestly, it's not PSO but its not bad. I have met some better people online with the 360 that I ever did with the Dreamcast or GameCube. This would be because of the voice chat activation. It makes running missions a lot smoother. Anyways, play it on 360 that is my suggestion.