PDA

View Full Version : Class Specializations

Leahcim
Jan 4, 2008, 06:26 AM
Do you get the feeling like leveling other classes is useless? Like after finishing Wartecher I started on Figunner but it felt so useless... What if maxing a class would give you the ability to use a certain one of its S ranks in another class?

Here are my examples:

Fortefighter Gains:
- Get Acrofighter to level 15, gain S rank Slicers

Figunner Gains:
- Get Fortegunner to level 15, gain S rank Mechguns

Wartecher Gains:
- Get Fortefighter to level 15, gain S rank Spears

Fortegunner Gains:
- Get Guntecher to level 15, gain S rank Crossbows

Guntecher Gains:
- Get Fortecher to level 15, gain S rank Cards

Fortetecher Gains:
- Get Acrotecher to level 15, gain S rank Madoogs

Acrofighter Gains:
- Get Figunner to level 15, gain S rank Twin Sabers

Acrotecher Gains:
- Get Wartecher to level 15, gain S rank Twin Daggers

Protranser has no gains, full S ranks already

SolRiver
Jan 4, 2008, 06:37 AM
Prontranser Gains:
- Get Fortetecher to level 15, gain S rank Rod with lv40 techs and huge TP/MST boost.

=D

Dream can be pretty, no?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2008-01-04 03:38 ]</font>

IsoDonk
Jan 4, 2008, 06:43 AM
On 2008-01-04 03:37, SolRiver wrote:
Prontranser

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Rayokarna
Jan 4, 2008, 06:45 AM
On 2008-01-04 03:26, Leahcim wrote:
Do you get the feeling like leveling other classes is useless? Like after finishing Wartecher I started on Figunner but it felt so useless... What if maxing a class would give you the ability to use a certain one of its S ranks in another class?

I prefer the system we have now. I really don't see the point of going through another advance class to get the full potential of another.

amtalx
Jan 4, 2008, 08:59 AM
Veto. fFs with Slicers and fGs with Xbows is broke city to name a few.

Telina
Jan 4, 2008, 09:23 AM
it sounds like a solid idea to me. It would emphasis even more diversity of classes. And would give me a reason to level something other than my main classes.

On 2008-01-04 05:59, amtalx wrote:
Veto. fFs with Slicers and fGs with Xbows is broke city to name a few.

uh, yea i can see where your comming from and since you brought it up. itt really wouldn't be fair to give some classes the benefits and leave others out. or give them crappy rewards, then again, melee classes do get the biggest reward of all. I call it Just Attack/Counter lol

Pillan
Jan 4, 2008, 11:53 AM
S ranks are the other reason to pull people from one class to another. I like the current system of limiting S ranks to only one or two classes in order to force people to choose one of the two classes. It promotes diversity slightly more than allowing anyone to add all the S ranks to their favorite class.

And, yeah, S slicers gain a lot of PP and a huge PP recovery boost to make them even more broken. The last thing we need is for Fortefighter to get their hands on that. A lot of times there's reasoning like that put into why a class has a rank limit.

I would, however, like there to be at least 2 class choices for every S rank though. Hopefully the new classes will add that much.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2008-01-04 08:55 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 4, 2008, 12:23 PM
You know, as an Acrofighter, I'm all for another class stripping us of our exclusive S rank Slicers so that we can be relieved of the stereotype, but Fortefighter's not the class for that. Maybe Fighgunner can make good use of them though.

Aviendha
Jan 4, 2008, 12:39 PM
On 2008-01-04 09:23, Shiroryuu wrote:
You know, as an Acrofighter, I'm all for another class stripping us of our exclusive S rank Slicers so that we can be relieved of the stereotype, but Fortefighter's not the class for that. Maybe Fighgunner can make good use of them though.

Agreed.

Golto
Jan 4, 2008, 12:41 PM
I just have to laugh everytime when someone brings up type diversity online.

Red_Sasori
Jan 4, 2008, 12:46 PM
On 2008-01-04 03:26, Leahcim wrote:
Figunner Gains:
- Get Fortegunner to level 15, gain S rank Mechguns

Y'know...fortegunners don't even have S rank mechs XP