PDA

View Full Version : Are slicers a girly weapon?

ErtaiClou
Jan 4, 2008, 12:37 PM
Last night, I was leveling my alt as a fG in White Beast when I entered a party talking about girly weapons and included in the catagory was slicers. At first I thought they were messing around, but they commented on a lot of things. According to them;
The only PSO npc character to ever use one was one of the "wonder twins" from a blackpaper miission,
the twirling animation on both genders is very feminine, and the Chikki PA has too much hip movement. I myself don't really think there are any gender oriented weapons(aside from stuff like magical wand), but now I'm curious if I'm just missing something and this is how a lot of people feel about slicers.

Akaimizu
Jan 4, 2008, 12:42 PM
Maybe for those who are a bit *insecure* about themselves, would consider it. Otherwise, it's an uber l33t weapon right now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif I don't think most really care if you were to twirl, do piroettes, or even do the dance of the sugar plum fairy with them and had to wear a tutu.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-04 09:43 ]</font>

ErtaiClou
Jan 4, 2008, 12:50 PM
That's what I thought, it was a high-powered weapon and maybe these guys were haters, but for them to group in with stuff like cards and sweet death, they certainly seemed adament. I can see why a GT uses the card/wand combo, but I know a lot of this game is based off what you equip/wear rather than efficency.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ErtaiClou on 2008-01-04 09:50 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 4, 2008, 12:53 PM
IMO Rifles are just as girly, if not more girly than Slicers. The real manly weapons are the ones in which you have to go up to the enemy's face and kick their ass from close distance.

CAVAOUBIEN
Jan 4, 2008, 01:06 PM
Funny, I would have thought the exact opposite: it's more of a masculine weapon, but regardless. The slicer is really an awsome weapon which suits male and female characters. Its PA animations are really cool and there is nothing wrong with using them on whatever character gender.

This paranoļa about girly weapons has got to be one the most supid things ever in this game.
You (not YOU personally - but in general) really got to be insecure to even make such considerations in a video game.

Ronin1of47
Jan 4, 2008, 01:13 PM
if any weapon in game is "girly" its the whip. male animation is more "effeminate" than the female one in my opinion. doesn't stop me from using it cause its a video game and who cares.

Gigorman
Jan 4, 2008, 01:25 PM
The standard movements one makes using a slicer are feminine, as are whips, twin sabers, twin daggers and daggers.

QuidProQuo
Jan 4, 2008, 01:32 PM
I was kind of surprised to hear slicers were girly too. I personally like the animations for the chikki PA and I'm playing a male character. I like how calm it looks and how much damage is causes. Although my friend said it was straight out of west side story.

jerkweed399
Jan 4, 2008, 01:33 PM
With damage this high, its impossible to not be manly. Of course your asking on a website with alot of people who pretend to be girls

Bael
Jan 4, 2008, 01:35 PM
I'm going to bet these are the same idiotic people who think playing a female character when your a guy makes you gay or call all girl characters 'shemales' because they believe girls can't and won't play video games.

Mewnie
Jan 4, 2008, 01:42 PM
On 2008-01-04 10:35, Bael wrote:
I'm going to bet these are the same idiotic people who think playing a female character when your a guy makes you gay or call all girl characters 'shemales' because they believe girls can't and won't play video games.

it's mangina

ErtaiClou
Jan 4, 2008, 01:50 PM
On 2008-01-04 10:13, Ronin1of47 wrote:
if any weapon in game is "girly" its the whip. male animation is more "effeminate" than the female one in my opinion. doesn't stop me from using it cause its a video game and who cares.

What?! I thought Predator from AvP2 cleared up the whole whip issue! lol

Chaosgyro
Jan 4, 2008, 01:57 PM
On 2008-01-04 10:25, Gigorman wrote:
The standard movements one makes using a slicer are feminine, as are whips, twin sabers, twin daggers and daggers.

What's wrong with daggers?! Standard attacks are simply an exaggerated down/up motion while the PAs are spinny martial arts moves. You go right ahead and tell Jackie Chan or Jet Li that they're girly men...I'll be by later to pick up your teeth.

Gigorman
Jan 4, 2008, 02:10 PM
On 2008-01-04 10:57, Chaosgyro wrote:

What's wrong with daggers?! Standard attacks are simply an exaggerated down/up motion while the PAs are spinny martial arts moves. You go right ahead and tell Jackie Chan or Jet Li that they're girly men...I'll be by later to pick up your teeth.

There is femininity to their disciplines.

Kylie
Jan 4, 2008, 02:11 PM
...Never thought of slicers as girly weapons. Whips and TECH weapons are the only ones I consider "girly" weapons, and I don't care when people use them. I mean, what you use doesn't make you who you are. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Guys that don't mind using things like that or whatever have always been attractive to me anyways. ;P

Finae
Jan 4, 2008, 02:20 PM
If slicers make me girly, then so be it. Atleast I'm making mission runs faster. Do you really think I care about what others think of me? Haha, you can go through life like that, but I sure as hell won't. People gonna talk shit all the time despite what you do. Anyways, it can be any weapon, and if you see me in game, you can say "omg you're so girly" all you want, it'll look like you're talking to yourself though making you look nub.

Girls acting like guys? Not this again haha, I won't say nothin bout it, I'll let ya nubs fight all over it and nothing will be resolved as usual.

Elley
Jan 4, 2008, 02:25 PM

0:)

Reipard
Jan 4, 2008, 02:34 PM
Slicers are as manly as you can get.

You can't do more badass than playing Death Croquet.

Akaimizu
Jan 4, 2008, 02:35 PM
Heh heh. Someone said it precisely, in a post on here that was wise beyond their years.
"Seeing Internet folks squirm about their own gender insecurites....priceless."
My motto is that using what is fun and with your plan is way more important than following someone else's closed-minded mantra. As was said before, you'll run into people that have issues and may talk stuff about you. Stick to your guns because you'll obviously won't have as much fun trying to conform just to escape a little name-calling. Take it from someone with real life experiences of name-calling just for existing. Don't let them take your fun.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 4, 2008, 03:12 PM
On 2008-01-04 11:10, Gigorman wrote:

I don't think they're feminine, especially not the Sabers, and the Twin Sabers kind of have a samurai-style to them. If you want femininity, pull out a rifle and kill monsters where you'll be safe and they can't reach you. Fighting with 'feminine' martial arts is still 100000000 times more manly than using a rifle, longbow or pistol from far away in safety.

Kanju
Jan 4, 2008, 04:30 PM
Slicers are about as girly as whips, bows, crossbows, "wands," and arguably shotguns.

Anduril
Jan 4, 2008, 04:41 PM
The only weapons I think is girly are the Female exclusive ones, and that's just because they're meant to be. If you feel the weapon is girly don't use it, or start to reevaluate how confident you really are in your masculinity. And Harrison Ford has Proven that Whips are manly.

Gigorman
Jan 4, 2008, 04:45 PM
On 2008-01-04 12:12, Shiroryuu wrote:

On 2008-01-04 11:10, Gigorman wrote:

I don't think they're feminine, especially not the Sabers, and the Twin Sabers kind of have a samurai-style to them. If you want femininity, pull out a rifle and kill monsters where you'll be safe and they can't reach you. Fighting with 'feminine' martial arts is still 100000000 times more manly than using a rifle, longbow or pistol from far away in safety.

I am referring to attributes of dancing and women's movements, not sexist remarks.

Dragwind
Jan 4, 2008, 04:45 PM
I don't think they are girly, but I suppose this boils down to opinion. Once again, PSO is not PSU lulz.

RadiantLegend
Jan 4, 2008, 04:48 PM
Daggers are girly...thats all i got to say.

RACast_Raiden
Jan 4, 2008, 05:11 PM
PLEASE...stop with the whole Samurai Reference BS stuff, its getting annoying now.

Turambar
Jan 4, 2008, 05:17 PM
Whips are feminine.

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/876/skullus1.jpg

Yeah, totally feminine.

And Shiro, if you think there is something feminine about the ability to handle the recoil on a fully automatic weapon or a shotgun...I'll just leave it at that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turambar on 2008-01-04 14:22 ]</font>

jerkweed399
Jan 4, 2008, 05:18 PM
2 of my 3 characters are female, but I don't pretend to be female. A lot of the people here do scare the crap out of me though, cause a lot of them pretend to be female in game. I use female characters, but I am fairly obvious about being a guy, speaking on the headset or just correcting someone if they type "he"

Hrith
Jan 4, 2008, 05:21 PM
Male chars suck, anyway ;o

SirenV
Jan 4, 2008, 05:28 PM
Honestly, it's just a game, and you can't pick fighting styles... but. No, I don't think they're a girly weapon. Ultimately, does it matter what any of us think about it? No. Issues like this are largely subjective. Personally I think the girl's animation with them is more interesting. "Too much hip action?" God forbid they try and shake it up with a little style. "NO I R MAN. I RIGID LIK BORD. IN THOUGHT AND ACTION IT IS THE OLNY WAYLOL" If you want to get technical, the guy's animation is more blocky/square ("masculine") while the female's is more fluid and round, same goes for twin claws.

I really wish the forums were more based on informational and gameplay issues instead of being congested with and tolerating dead-end debates that somehow manage to resurface and rage on for eternity.

Chaosgyro
Jan 4, 2008, 05:32 PM
Welcome to forums everywhere.

Xaeris
Jan 4, 2008, 05:34 PM
If they're a girly weapon, then hand me my bra and tutu, 'cause being girly gets **** done.

Syl
Jan 4, 2008, 05:38 PM

lol since when are heavy artillery guns girly? This isn't high school sports where getting your brains smashed out is considered cool and manly.

Besides, there's too many people that use these kinds of arguments to make themselves feel better just because they don't use said weapon(s).

I facepalmed IRL at this thread btw

Retehi
Jan 4, 2008, 05:38 PM
If you want femininity, pull out a rifle and kill monsters where you'll be safe and they can't reach you. Fighting with 'feminine' martial arts is still 100000000 times more manly than using a rifle, longbow or pistol from far away in safety.

http://apocalypse-tribe.com/rdfox/lesigh.gif

Just, lol @ you.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 4, 2008, 05:39 PM
On 2008-01-04 14:11, RACast_Raiden wrote:
PLEASE...stop with the whole Samurai Reference BS stuff, its getting annoying now.

Ok, I get it that I'm Wapanese, but no need to flame me for it. Anyway, the whole fighting far away = girly isn't a samurai thing, its more of an idea created by the Spartans. They hated bows and arrows because they thought it was cowardly because it allowed a person to fight from afar. I would say the same about most firearms. Swords and point-blanking is just manlier. If you're talking about the sabers, well, ok. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Chaosgyro
Jan 4, 2008, 05:43 PM
I would say the same about most firearms.

However, that's no longer true. Fighting from range is only safer if the other man has lesser range. When both of you have M16s then being on either end of a city block is the exact same as being face to face in the days of antiquity.

Seira7
Jan 4, 2008, 05:53 PM
Its strange, I'm a female playing *gasp* a girl and I really, really dont like slicers because as a hunter, I feel I should be face to face with the enemy beating the crap out of things. Slicers seem kind of pussy to me in that respect...haha. But if others play with them in a game it doesnt bother me, and I wont think of them as any less masculine...I actually think the guy animations for slicers and esp whips are sexxxxxy. mmm.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 4, 2008, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I guess its true that soldiers today have no other choice but to use them. But in street crimes and stuff, its very cowardly and girly to use a gun to kill somebody since not everybody has a gun to fight back against another gun.

I guess Slicers may fit in as sissy as well. I'm an Acrofighter, but still. Like the person before me, it is cowardly compared to using a Saber or Dagger and slashing the opponent face to face which is more my style. I use them sometimes, but I use my Saber or my Dagger 90% of the time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2008-01-04 14:57 ]</font>

Turambar
Jan 4, 2008, 05:58 PM
On 2008-01-04 14:39, Shiroryuu wrote:

On 2008-01-04 14:11, RACast_Raiden wrote:

Ok, I get it that I'm Wapanese, but no need to flame me for it. Anyway, the whole fighting far away = girly isn't a samurai thing, its more of an idea created by the Spartans. They hated bows and arrows because they thought it was cowardly because it allowed a person to fight from afar. I would say the same about most firearms. Swords and point-blanking is just manlier. If you're talking about the sabers, well, ok. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

You also know of course, that the Spartans, and Greeks in general, also trained their soldiers to be javelin men as well right? Not exactly face to face either, is it?

On a separate note, if you want to talk about street crimes, does stabbing an unarmed person make you more manly than shooting one? Street crimes are for the most part attacking someone when they can't fight back. There is nothing "manly" about it no matter how you want to rationalize the means by which they're carried out.

The idea of fighting for honor, etc, is a relic of antiquity. It's not how combat works in the present age, and it that idea taken into account when weapons are used. By your idea, the entire field of military strategy and tactics is "cowardly" since it's all about exploiting an opponent's weakness with your strengths.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turambar on 2008-01-04 15:02 ]</font>

Retehi
Jan 4, 2008, 06:00 PM
NINJA STARS ARE SO MANLY TO

SO MANLY THEIR MUSCLES ARE USDA CERTIFIED

RAAAAAAGH

Rainu
Jan 4, 2008, 06:01 PM
Why is it that, from this thread, I get the impression that "manly" is better and "girly" is awful?

Because that seems a little strange to me.

Rainu
Jan 4, 2008, 06:06 PM
Bah, double post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rainu on 2008-01-04 16:44 ]</font>

Scion
Jan 4, 2008, 06:08 PM
On 2008-01-04 14:54, Shiroryuu wrote:
Yeah, I guess its true that soldiers today have no other choice but to use them. But in street crimes and stuff, its very cowardly and girly to use a gun to kill somebody since not everybody has a gun to fight back against another gun.

Just how many people are you planning on offending in this thread? You've already offended soldiers, and women. Who's next?

Absolutely NOTHING you've said so far makes ANY sense.

It's cowardly, yes, but you think a thug or a gangster or what have you will actually care about that? They'll find more pride in killing you than how they actually kill you.

But... how is that girly? I certainly didn't see Martha Stewart using a gun. Especially when the feds threw her ass in jail; I didn't see her try to bust a cap in their ass.

You're such an idiot.

Dragwind
Jan 4, 2008, 06:12 PM
How the hell is ranged "girly?" I guess women using any form of melee then are manly? Or do you simply believe they cannot?

Uh, sorry. It's called advancements in technology. You may think its "cool" to have honor and pride by fighting a classic cliche face to face duel. This usually only happens today with royal disputes, or fistfights etc. Those times are over.

You know why? Guns.

You know how damn hard it was to load up an old musket? Those things could weigh up to 40 pounds easy and took quite a bit of skill to load, aim, and fire. You needed some strength for those. If you messed up, you were left open to die.

Today all warfare is pretty much fought with guns. It's easier and generally more effective. Try running into a mob of people with guns having only your lol dagger / katana in hand. You'll get roflstomped after you're loaded with bullets.

Fact is, times changed. There's no more "honorable" fights involving melee. It's either shoot, dodge, or get shot. Ranged battle is just overall more effective taking into consideration the person has LOL DODGING SKILLS (*cough* Zagenga *cough*)

I think you need to lift your samurai katana fantasies. There's a reason they don't exsist anymore - they became useless.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/silenthorror666/funny%20junk/jones0jb7qs7hd4ht9im9bxoc4-1.gif

Jife_Jifremok
Jan 4, 2008, 06:22 PM
On slicers: I can see where the "girly" argument comes from, but it reminds me more of Ocelot from MGS3. I think Chikki just looks retarded, not girly. That other one, kinda flitty but has the air of some spaz trying to play DDR and thinking he can dance. (which for me makes a fun novelty PA. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

On rifles: They're powerful and practical, there's something badass about sniping in Silent Scope and MGS, and the loud bang and penetration make them fun to use in RE4. Rifles are badass...but in PSU there is nothing badass about them except how the Blackbull looks. Rifle is the ultimate coward gun.
On whips: Richter Belmont nonchalantly pimp-struts his way through an evil castle to simply whip an old man in the face with a spiked ball at the end of a chain. That's manliness. (stolen from Gamefaqs but I don't care.) PSU's whip usage disappoints me in the manliness department with all that flourish. Of course some of that is for hitting multiple targets, but that's what a manly sword is supposed to do. :/

HaydenX
Jan 4, 2008, 06:23 PM
On 2008-01-04 15:12, Dragwind wrote:
How the hell is ranged "girly?" I guess women using any form of melee then are manly? Or do you simply believe they cannot?

Uh, sorry. It's called advancements in technology. You may think its "cool" to have honor and pride by fighting a classic cliche face to face duel. This usually only happens today with royal disputes, or fistfights etc. Those times are over.

You know why? Guns.

You know how damn hard it was to load up an old musket? Those things could weigh up to 40 pounds easy and took quite a bit of skill to load, aim, and fire. You needed some strength for those. If you messed up, you were left open to die.

Today all warfare is pretty much fought with guns. It's easier and generally more effective. Try running into a mob of people with guns having only your lol dagger / katana in hand. You'll get roflstomped after you're loaded with bullets.

Fact is, times changed. There's no more "honorable" fights involving melee. It's either shoot, dodge, or get shot. Ranged battle is just overall more effective taking into consideration the person has LOL DODGING SKILLS (*cough* Zagenga *cough*)

I think you need to lift your samurai katana fantasies. There's a reason they don't exsist anymore - they became useless.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/silenthorror666/funny%20junk/jones0jb7qs7hd4ht9im9bxoc4-1.gif

There is a subtle problem with this logic...For warfare, people hardly use guns. Guns are nothing more than mops. Missiles, yeah, guns...a little.

Second of all, would you use a baton for combat if it meant that you'd always win?

Third, why is it that any exaggerated body movement which even remotely resembles a kind of dance is considered "girly?" Go ahead and tell me that people on the floor moving are girly and I'll show you how you are wrong. Some of the toughest, badass mofos I've ever met were really good dancers.

Finally, back to the guns arguement...You are playing a game in which forcefields exist. If they existed in real life, you can bet your sweet ass that Katana-like swords of energy would follow shortly. You tell me what is more effective...Shanking someone, or shooting them. Compare the number of knife attack survivors vs. the number of gun survivors and you will understand. Within 20 yards, the average gun user will get one shot. You'd better make it count.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 4, 2008, 06:35 PM
Ok, I apologize for offending soldiers and women, other than that, I'll just step out of this one now.

EDIT: But not before posting a response to the gif sent by Drag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4gkiji8zLA

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2008-01-04 16:15 ]</font>

Turambar
Jan 4, 2008, 07:13 PM
On 2008-01-04 15:23, HaydenX wrote:
There is a subtle problem with this logic...For warfare, people hardly use guns. Guns are nothing more than mops. Missiles, yeah, guns...a little.

I won't comment on anything else, but judging from that comment, you have little to no idea how wars are fought, do you?

HaydenX
Jan 4, 2008, 07:16 PM
On 2008-01-04 16:13, Turambar wrote:

I won't comment on anything else, but judging from that comment, you have little to no idea how wars are fought, do you?

Guns are never first anymore. Missiles and bombs are it. Guns are nothing more than second-string, small arms which do little more than supress the stragglers.

Obviously, by your logic, you have been asleep for 50 years of war.

Xaeris
Jan 4, 2008, 07:21 PM
The ironic thing about this little swords vs. guns detour is that if Shiro's hero, Miyamoto Musashi, lived in today's times, I can almost guarantee he'd be a master sniper given some of the tactics he used in his life.

Noblewine
Jan 4, 2008, 07:28 PM
Who really cares, I'd use it to look badass.. XD
The only question I have about slicer's is why I can't see one when they use a PA skill.

Turambar
Jan 4, 2008, 07:31 PM
On 2008-01-04 16:16, HaydenX wrote:

On 2008-01-04 16:13, Turambar wrote:

Guns are never first anymore. Missiles and bombs are it. Guns are nothing more than second-string, small arms which do little more than supress the stragglers.

Obviously, by your logic, you have been asleep for 50 years of war.

Lets see what a lack of men on the ground with mops that are meant to do nothing but surpress stragglers results in. I'm pretty sure Iraq is a very good example. Conversations I have with soldiers I know personally, guest lecturers I've attended that were hosted by soldiers as well, and simply International Relations courses I've taken in general enforces that view.

A large mechanized army might do well for a grand battlefield, but grand battlefields don't exactly exist today.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turambar on 2008-01-04 16:32 ]</font>

Dragwind
Jan 4, 2008, 07:42 PM
On 2008-01-04 15:35, Shiroryuu wrote:
Ok, I apologize for offending soldiers and women, other than that, I'll just step out of this one now.

EDIT: But not before posting a response to the gif sent by Drag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4gkiji8zLA

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2008-01-04 16:15 ]</font>

What's funny is I knew that was going to be an anime clip before I even clicked it. Of course, that is an anime. It's extremely rare you'll find people in real life that are that skilled to outdo a gunman. Mostly fantasy.

However, this is fantasy as well but this guy doesn't let anything get in his face without getting obliterated.

http://www.jonespc.com/wp-content/uploads/Image/duke%20nukem.jpg

Pull out as many cool anime epic moments, and I can keep pulling out gun related badasses that can outdo melee fools if needed.

Mewnie
Jan 4, 2008, 07:43 PM
guns vs swords

oh shit, NERD RAGE

Chuck_Norris
Jan 4, 2008, 08:01 PM
Just you watch. This'll turn into a "Starwars Lightsaber vs Startrek Phaser" fight before it gets locked.

XDeathX
Jan 4, 2008, 08:17 PM
I use all weapons. Masculenety or w/e means nothing to me.

In an Anime, they all look like and stand abnormally, have long hair, nail, lipstick (Yu Gi Oh GX) or w/e.

My guy is black and has hair like Maichael Jackson.

Mewnie
Jan 4, 2008, 08:20 PM
On 2008-01-04 17:01, Chuck_Norris wrote:
Just you watch. This'll turn into a "Starwars Lightsaber vs Startrek Phaser" fight before it gets locked.

that would be truly classical epic

Jife_Jifremok
Jan 4, 2008, 08:23 PM
Heh...this debate reminds me of Rising Zan: The Samurai Gunman. A heroic young gunman from the Old West gets his ass handed to him by an evil Japanese terrorist cult, sets off to Japan to train in the way of the samurai for the entirety of one optional tutorial level, and returns to his hometown to kick ass with both a katana and a six shooter.

Now THAT'S fantasy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dragon_Knight
Jan 4, 2008, 09:00 PM
On 2008-01-04 17:23, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
Heh...this debate reminds me of Rising Zan: The Samurai Gunman. A heroic young gunman from the Old West gets his ass handed to him by an evil Japanese terrorist cult, sets off to Japan to train in the way of the samurai for the entirety of one optional tutorial level, and returns to his hometown to kick ass with both a katana and a six shooter.

Now THAT'S fantasy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Thats not fantasy...its truth. Chuck Norris truth.

DoubleJG
Jan 4, 2008, 09:42 PM
Unless a weapons gender requires that the user is female, then no, the weapon isn't "girly". Sure, you could say weapons like Cometera are "girly" because of the star on it, but... no. To answer your question, no, slicers are not girly. I think the people who stated those opinions are just a bit too afraid of a little hip motion http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Squid_Gogglez
Jan 4, 2008, 10:19 PM
Slicer is not a gender made weapon. Based on perception,it's what ever your imagination leads you.

BahnKnakyu
Jan 4, 2008, 10:57 PM
No, but whips are. The poses you do while swinging that thing makes you look like a... uh...

A male that likes other males.

Chaosgyro
Jan 4, 2008, 10:58 PM
Honestly, all the Indiana Jones references make me want to go back to my WT and give him the cowboy hat option.

Squid_Gogglez
Jan 4, 2008, 11:01 PM
http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/1953/psu20080104204805003zt4.png (http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4595/psu20080104205023013ux7.png)

Just because something looks & makes beautiful
doesn't make it girly or feminine.
Tis is the way of most birds'
to be male and beautiful...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Squid_Gogglez on 2008-01-04 20:04 ]</font>

Anduril
Jan 4, 2008, 11:07 PM
On 2008-01-04 19:58, Chaosgyro wrote:
Honestly, all the Indiana Jones references make me want to go back to my WT and give him the cowboy hat option.

Then go to Awoken Serpent, and during De Rol Le do the "Why did it have to be snakes" line. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Chaosgyro
Jan 4, 2008, 11:11 PM
Gives a whole new twist to evading diga boulders too.

Turambar
Jan 4, 2008, 11:12 PM
On 2008-01-04 19:57, BahnKnakyu wrote:
No, but whips are. The poses you do while swinging that thing makes you look like a... uh...

A male that likes other males.

So you're saying straight men can't move their hips? Have you ever seen a Latin Ballroom dance competition and the salsa comes on?

Chaosgyro
Jan 4, 2008, 11:27 PM
I wish I were a master salsa dancer...that's the ultimate form of safe sex right there.

Randomness
Jan 4, 2008, 11:32 PM
Yes. Slicers are very girly because I used them on a HUnewearl in PSO. For that matter, so are the following: Saber, Dagger, Sword, Partisan, Handgun, Mechgun, Launcher, Rifle (Sort of-Holy Ray), Claw, Double Saber, and of course, any form of MAG.

*waits for post to be moved to FKL*

29_Will_29
Jan 5, 2008, 03:07 AM
This topic is filled with epic fail http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 29_Will_29 on 2008-01-05 00:07 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 29_Will_29 on 2008-01-05 03:17 ]</font>

BahnKnakyu
Jan 5, 2008, 06:33 AM
On 2008-01-05 00:07, 29_Will_29 wrote:
This topic is filled with epic fail http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Hel yeh.

Akaimizu
Jan 5, 2008, 07:20 AM
"Then go to Awoken Serpent, and during De Rol Le do the "Why did it have to be snakes" line."

The topic isn't made of fail when lines like this appear in it.

Good job.

I'm one of the biggest Indy fans, so I have to smile when I see stuff like this.

"De Rol Le! Very Dangerous!!! Indy, you go first!!!"

or

I: "Marcus! I had that Boss drop in my hand!!!"

M: "What happened?"

I: "Guess."

M: "Another Guardian?"

I: "Wanna hear about it?"

M: "Not really."

I: "Listen, I know there's only two places he could sell them. Most likely, the player shops."

M: "Don't worry about it."

I: "I got these materials. They're good Materials."

M: "Oh yes, they are nice. I'm sure, as usual, people will pay nicely for them."

I: "They're definitely worth a ticket to the player shops."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-05 04:22 ]</font>

Sekani
Jan 5, 2008, 09:35 AM
People who think slicers are girly obviously suffer from gender insecurity issues dating back to some traumatic incident in their childhood, such as being forced to play with Barbie dolls when all of the Ken dolls were taken. Blah blah blah some more psychological analysis that makes absolutely no sense but will make people think I'm so uber-smart blah blah blah.

ErtaiClou
Jan 5, 2008, 01:22 PM
I didn't realize so many people had different aspects of the weapons, thank you for the input.

GoldRidley
Jan 5, 2008, 06:32 PM
I'm not sure Slicers qualify as girly, but it's evident that no man would deign to use one. They all have axes.

Magus_84
Jan 5, 2008, 07:36 PM
On 2008-01-04 16:43, Mewnie wrote:

guns vs swords

oh shit, NERD RAGE

This.

Also:

The ironic thing about this little swords vs. guns detour is that if Shiro's hero, Miyamoto Musashi, lived in today's times, I can almost guarantee he'd be a master sniper given some of the tactics he used in his life.

This.

Ryna
Jan 5, 2008, 07:48 PM
This particular topic was doomed to failure.

It is being locked due to spam.