PDA

View Full Version : I discovered Protransers

ChaosAngel92
Jan 4, 2008, 03:16 PM
Yesterday it was a very werid day. Afetr having no luck on finding rares or my "oh-so-wished" Hyper Vipers, i decided to go on my alt, a human Fortegunner level 11. I joined to a party where there was a PT, a very good one indeed. Then he pulled out his shotgun and started to kill everything. Not only that, when we reached to the Komenzalis (or whatever the name is. You know, the mages that sleep you all the time on White Beast) and we though "oh, not this guys" he started to mine the gorund with EX traps. Freezing and Burning everything. My expression was "WTF?!" because he killed almost every god dam enemy, even 1 of the white mages, and the other was frozen! I inmideatly asked for an apologize to everyone, asked a couple of question to this Protranser and i left. I started raising the Protranser job, until i got to 9 (phew this guys take a while to lvl up). And, well i soloed most of my games, with my PM and Laia, but i SOLOED! Something that for my GT is almost a miracle. The traps are great and everything.

So, im glad i founded this class, why? Well to be honest this alt of who im talking about is pretty much of a recreation of my RAmarl of PSO. YES! I know, RAmarls are GT on PSU, but i never played support and techs with my RAmarl back on PSO. Of course i used the typic s/d/j/z tech combo. But i was more into doublesabers and rifles combinated (Spread Needle in fact).
Basicly I was looking for a job to have this kind of combination, but not Fighgunner cause the guns that it has are more like short range (and my main is a FiG). And another important point was that as Fortegunner i mostly use Shotguns. So, it was almost exactly what im looking for. So, i ordered my pallete like this: (by type, not by exact weapon name)

Spear
Shotgun
Handgun/Saber
Bow
Laser
Greanede Launcher

Now, how im playing it? Well, to be honest im not much into the melee fight for now. I just take the spear out when theres a lot of enemies around. My main weapon is the shotgun. Although i checked the guide and said it wasnt exactly THE weapon of the Protranser. And also, as you can see on my pallete there is no other melee weapon except for the saber. Laser? Meh, i dont use it a lot, even if they were upgraded i still dont like them. Greanede Launcher, of course i use it, cmon its THE dragon killer. Bow? Only for enemies that fly a lot.
And now it comes the traps, i only carry EX ones. And i always put 2 of each one every time i reach a high danger zone, with lots of mages or lots of big enemies. But im stranged, cause if i remeber well, this Protranser of who i was talking at the beggining, their traps where longer than mine was. It was like a living hell when he detonate them. Is it because of they are synthed?
Anyway, im glad to discover more of this job, and im looking forward to reach the level 15. If you want to suggest me something please do it, i need every Protranser hint i can get.

If you are reading this, and you are not a Protranser, try it once. Really, at the first you will say "wtf with this?" But as the time comes, you will love it, even more than Fortegunner FiG, or any gun hybrid. Now, if only Protranser had Twin Handguns http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. Ill wish that till the day of my death.

Oh yeah, mods please, do not move this to the Guide section. You see, this topic probably sound like im asking for hints and tips and etc. YES! I readed the guide. But also i want that people read my testimony of how and what is the Protranser. If you dont mind, please, dont move it.

Have a good day! Im out to level up my Protranser. Only talking of it makes me wanna go and play.

PALRAPPYS
Jan 4, 2008, 03:20 PM
I have considered trying PT out. Sounds fun and the EX traps look uber-fun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Also it's nice to know you found a class you like. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I remember first finding WarTecher... never thought I would like it and then I loved it.

Akaimizu
Jan 4, 2008, 03:20 PM
heh heh. I played my Ramarl with support and techs as well. Um. They were........*ahem* powerful at the least. Ok, i'll admit it, they kind of got broken doing that, but I had no idea when I picked the class. Thing is, the weapon detail and function of a Guntecher feel so different, that it's tough to consider them the same class.

I mean, as a Ramarl I was definitely carrying plenty of heavy arms. (Heck, I even kind of used Metal Slug as a reference for the character build I was making) Plus the buffs and everything else and I was a monster without even reaching the end game for it. Not to mention, monsters just dropped dead before they even knew I was there. Sick, really.

The weapon selection pretty much is the main thing that totally makes GTs seem completely removed from their Ramarl counterparts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-04 12:21 ]</font>

Xencia
Jan 4, 2008, 03:31 PM
Are you switching back to weapons after detonation? Cause EX traps stop functioning if you switch off of them. Perhaps he was just doing 2 EXs at a time? EXs do decent damage on their own,but it's not really -that- great,compared to a Grenade shot or Skill PA.

Tita
Jan 4, 2008, 03:42 PM
i can't decide whether to call people who leveled their PTs after AOI "smart" or "pansies".

i'll continue to choose the manlier of the two and call them "pansies".
*bitterly flexes*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tita on 2008-01-04 12:43 ]</font>

ChaosAngel92
Jan 4, 2008, 03:55 PM
Oh come on. Are you saying they are like the eye of AoI upgrade? They are great really Tita. Try it once.

And Xencia, yes i switch after detoning them. So that must be, thanks for the hint.

Tita
Jan 4, 2008, 04:03 PM
"CLOBBERSAURUS: F Beast WT/PT, Part time Bil Hunter"
do you happen to live by an airport? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

i'm poking fun at people who "discovered" how awesome PTs are now since they get all S ranks and EX traps and never considered them prior to AOI because they were "omg weak".

anyhoo, it's all in jest http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
i know some folks might have just started and wouldn't know how sadly weak PTs were for a large chunk of time. i <3 PTs... even when they were at their "weakest" (they never really were though).

tidbid: as a PT, have fun stacking traps and SEs. lost of fun combos to be had! I was able to solo pretty well prior to EX traps.

Chaobo99
Jan 4, 2008, 04:10 PM
I havent been on my PT for awhile time to undust my shottied...and a miracle to solo for a GT? HA! I solo things very fast with xbows ^-^..but hey this topic makes me wanna try my dusty PT..thx^

Akaimizu
Jan 4, 2008, 04:27 PM
The early GT game for soloing was tough as well, however, back in the day, your true solo potential came out once you got your Crossbows and/or taken the time to get your SE4 Burn and Darks. Crossbows with a good shock (oddly enough because Vahras are shock) completely turned around the difficulty of certain missions because you had an easy method to shut them down and take massive amounts of revenge on them.

Nowadays, I've gotten so much Go Vahra revenge that I don't have the same ire on them. But I still never get over the satisfaction that I have the Go Vahra (OFF) button and can use it whenever I like.

Needless to say, GTs at the beginning also had late rewards, so they weren't really realized until they took the time and investment to finally get certain PA levels that *unlocked* previously *locked away* abilities for them. Nowadays, the climb is easier because they aren't *required* to get to their late stuff to use the missing pieces from their combat. Also, the meseta drop increase heavily helped the class. The old small meseta rewards made playing both of these two classes tougher. Half the time, the GT fought to actually stay positive, if they used their traps as well as everything else. Nowadays, you can go all out.

The expansion helped both of these classes out, very much. Still, I would've expected the GT ranks to increase due to it. I've seen it for PTs, but not as much for GTs, which is strange.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-04 13:31 ]</font>

Indica
Jan 4, 2008, 04:35 PM
I tried out PT when Crimson Beast first came out and I really hated LV it up. I started out very very weak and just had to use Range Weapons.

Im now LV15 PT and I never had so much fun using this class. I highly reccomend anyone to play around with this class

Dragwind
Jan 4, 2008, 04:47 PM
The early stages of PT can be somewhat depressing. The stats really really pay off once you level the class up. It's a great heavy weaponry class. I love PT.

panzer_unit
Jan 4, 2008, 04:50 PM
On 2008-01-04 12:16, ChaosAngel92 wrote:
Spear
Shotgun
Handgun/Saber
Bow
Laser
Greanede Launcher

Now, how im playing it? Well, to be honest im not much into the melee fight for now. I just take the spear out when theres a lot of enemies around. My main weapon is the shotgun.

It's hard to fit all a PT's best stuff on one palette.

Shotgun: hell yes. It can almost keep pace with melee PA's, and doesn't do a bad job at controlling swarms of little monsters either.

Lasers: try one against Boomas in Sakura Blast, or swarms of navals/badira. It's easy to do equal or better damage than shotgun.

Bows: I usually leave off. At high levels, handguns are better against regular enemies for both damage and statuses... sometimes bow range is really nice though.

Have a look at Knuckles and Axes for melee weapons. IMO those are the better ones PT gets access to.

IsoDonk
Jan 4, 2008, 05:02 PM
I felt that pre-expansion, Protranser was a great class but could have done with a bit of a boost. I started playing one about a month before 1up, and I remember getting my first axe at level 63, I think it was http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif It was very much a ranged with a bit of melee class rather than the mostly melee class it has become.

Shotguns were a bit of a joke back then though. After 1up I did some frag runs to get Barada Maga, the ultimate PA. I was about lv95 at the time. Male Cast.

Against King Vahras, my newly-purchased Barada Maga did between four and seven damage per bullet. What!

Being Protranser and seeing the way the class has changed since the expansion makes me wonder if the new ATP bonuses were really the right thing to do, but either way Protranser deals out a lot of arsekicking now, S-ranks or no (I personally have a few S-ranks but tend to use decent A ranks instead, still).

RACast_Raiden
Jan 4, 2008, 05:02 PM
What happened to the "LOL PT" back in V1?

Players used to look down on them PTs...now they're like Gods?!

Knuckles...they're my main weapon as a PT.
Why? Coz they're easy to Charge up.

AlphaMinotaux
Jan 4, 2008, 06:53 PM
pre expansion they had no S ranks and now thats all they have lol plus EX traps are oh so nice.

Mr_Confused
Jan 4, 2008, 07:00 PM
Welcome to the PT Party. ive been protranser since version one and have never regretted it. you just have to get over the fact that a beast fortefighter with an axe will do more damage than you with your axe. But yeah we own. PT PRIDE!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

HaydenX
Jan 4, 2008, 07:05 PM
I switched back to AF because I solo a lot, but when I level to a much higher level (110 or so), I will switch back to PT. My 42% Gudda gant works just fine on White Beast, as does meteor cannon. I also would use Azul fire to Kill off the alterazgohg.

PT is fun, but is by far the most expensive...

Oh, btw, I never even thought of laying multiple ex traps.

Jife_Jifremok
Jan 4, 2008, 08:35 PM
I leveled up PT to 10 long before AoI. My favorite melee weapons combined with my favorite guns, what was there to lose? A shitload of ATP, that's what. As I found myself using shotguns and grenades more than swords and axes, I was better off just going back to Fortegunner so I would be doing better numbers. PT after AoI though got what, DOUBLE the ATP it once had? And this was before I leveled it further than 10. All of a sudden PT became more viable for me (as a human, PT15 has only about 100 ATP less than FoG15) and the JA system made the melee a bit more fun. When I play my hardest (that is, not playing to level up my PAs) I can do some serious damage AND status effects. I can play fair with my weapons or play insanely cheap with EX traps. PT is ismply versatile and fun, and without the massive ATP penalty it used to have.

biggabertha
Jan 4, 2008, 09:30 PM
It must be bitterness that's making me resent everyone who switches over to a Protranser whislt complaining and whining about how hard the first few job levels are when most have absolutely no idea how hard it was to train them up back in the early days. Now, everyone has access to lots of meseta, lots of mission points and lots of EXP for extremely fast leveling (in comparison).

A lot of people seem to play Protransers now just because they're the only class that has an S rank in every weapon that they can use and because they saw how graphically good EX traps are but let's face it, everyone who uses EX traps know that they're not really for damage, they're team support. Besides, everyone saying that Protransers getting no S ranks in the first game was lame, weren't really looking at the big picture, when were the S ranks for the weapons that Protransers have access to released and how rare were they? It's only recently that it's been possible to have access to most of these S rank weapons for most of the classes unless it was a Doublesaber.

The original poster has a palette that a Fortegunner is able to use and besides access to EX traps, a Fortegunner is able to do almost the same as the original poster described. Furthermore, melee is hardly used shutting down the virtually half of your options.

Genoa
Jan 5, 2008, 12:10 AM
Protransers also have the highest Critical Hit Ratio (CHR). ... not sure about Acro's however...
-Hunters, Forces, Fighgunners, Fortefighters, Wartechers, and Fortetechers have a 100% CHR
-Rangers, Guntechers, and Fortegunners have a 130% CHR
-Protransers have a 150% CHR ;o

Now, I know that with Just Attack, the CHR has become somewhat mundane now... but for PT's guns, it's still very nice to have, especially with Shotgun ;o

Lvl.10 PT used to have 80% ATP, now at lvl.10 they have 110%... PT's have gained so much now.
1. All S-ranks on previous Weapons
2. Increase in Attack Power
3. Exclusive EX Traps
4. lvl.40 Bullets

ChaosAngel92
Jan 5, 2008, 12:45 AM
On 2008-01-04 13:50, panzer_unit wrote:

On 2008-01-04 12:16, ChaosAngel92 wrote:
Spear
Shotgun
Handgun/Saber
Bow
Laser
Greanede Launcher

Now, how im playing it? Well, to be honest im not much into the melee fight for now. I just take the spear out when theres a lot of enemies around. My main weapon is the shotgun.

It's hard to fit all a PT's best stuff on one palette.

Shotgun: hell yes. It can almost keep pace with melee PA's, and doesn't do a bad job at controlling swarms of little monsters either.

Lasers: try one against Boomas in Sakura Blast, or swarms of navals/badira. It's easy to do equal or better damage than shotgun.

Bows: I usually leave off. At high levels, handguns are better against regular enemies for both damage and statuses... sometimes bow range is really nice though.

Have a look at Knuckles and Axes for melee weapons. IMO those are the better ones PT gets access to.

Excellent hints. Thank you very much, ill have a look to fists right now.

Xencia
Jan 5, 2008, 01:04 AM
Yeah,I started my PT back a ways,right around when Bruce's Dungeon was going down in popularity. I just belted out my base class pre-reqs on it was got the heck out. Let me tell you it's funny to be a level 18 new PT,the level 10 Force and Ranger friends I ran with had more hp and everything then me heh. Was sick of Bruce so I didn't get very fast class-ups,stuck me very firmly into a ranger role for quite a while. Once I got up there I was glad though,it was a very fun class with some good and different weapon combos. And with AoI it's not even the S-ranks I like so much,it's the much improved ATP stat and recently,Freeze EX,which has been my favorite toy in a long time now.

Genoa
Jan 5, 2008, 01:15 AM
Yeah when PSU didn't even have expert classes yet, I was darn set on being a Protranser with my f-cast... I hit the level cap and everything too... then when they finally released the new classes and I had hu, ra, and fo at 10... and could be ANYTHING I wanted... then I saw PT's Stats!... Almost cried :< ... decided to go Fighgunner, and the first weapon I bought were Twin Claws... Never even got a double saber...

I eventually went Protranser, I was about 65 when I did though, and the level cap was 70... It was a lot of fun.
I had maxed out all my Melee PA's at lvl.20 before expert classes were out, and my Bullet levels were all in the 15-20's... so moving to PT wasn't as painful. I did it when Crimson was the hotspot, so my MP went up rather fast...
... Too bad I killed my first character xD

Xencia
Jan 5, 2008, 01:26 AM
Oh,and I'll endorse the knuckles also,very good weapon and it charges pretty quick too. Only melee weapons I use are Swords,Spears,and Knuckles. I have far more guns though,my normal palette is like this:
Sword
Knuckle/Spear
Shotgun
Laser(Freeze)
Laser(Mayalee)
Grenade(Duranga)

I've got a sword of every element,a knuckle for 3,and a spear for the other 3. I used to carry all the knuckles,but I love the new lance looking yohmei spear(Gekitsnata),so I broke out my old Dus Daggas. I used to use bow alot,since I was stuck rangering in low levels so often,but recently haven't needed too. Also the Laser works fine for the First Person stuff I need to do,though I do keep a bow in my inventory should I need it for like some bosses. I use a gun probably about 60-70% of the time,and I keep a Bullet Save along with my Tero/Hit should the mission push me to heavier gunning.

ChaosAngel92
Jan 5, 2008, 01:41 AM
On 2008-01-04 22:26, Xencia wrote:
Oh,and I'll endorse the knuckles also,very good weapon and it charges pretty quick too. Only melee weapons I use are Swords,Spears,and Knuckles. I have far more guns though,my normal palette is like this:
Sword
Knuckle/Spear
Shotgun
Laser(Freeze)
Laser(Mayalee)
Grenade(Duranga)

I've got a sword of every element,a knuckle for 3,and a spear for the other 3. I used to carry all the knuckles,but I love the new lance looking yohmei spear(Gekitsnata),so I broke out my old Dus Daggas. I used to use bow alot,since I was stuck rangering in low levels so often,but recently haven't needed too. Also the Laser works fine for the First Person stuff I need to do,though I do keep a bow in my inventory should I need it for like some bosses. I use a gun probably about 60-70% of the time,and I keep a Bullet Save along with my Tero/Hit should the mission push me to heavier gunning.

Thanks a lot. For the last 3 hours i have been playing i have used knuckles. I liked a lot, the damage is nice and pretty fun but................I FEEL LIKE WHINNIE THE PHOO WITH THEM! Darn, arnt any good looking knuckles?

Honey_Bot
Jan 5, 2008, 03:00 AM
haha i leveled protranser at a time when no one wanted to even have a protranser in their party

Honey_Bot
Jan 5, 2008, 03:01 AM
haha i leveled protranser at a time when no one wanted to even have a protranser in their party

Honey_Bot

Honey_Bot

Alamar
Jan 5, 2008, 06:57 AM
I have A beast Protranser since lvl 50(lvl 110 now) and never changed. People used to hate Transers. No S ranks etc. Good to have Payback. We can equip more S ranks then anyone. Proud Protranser http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Xencia
Jan 5, 2008, 11:10 AM
Not sure I understand the Winnie the Pooh joke,but anyway. Almost all Knuckles look fairly similar,I'd prefer if it was just your hands,but oh well. Oh,except the new Yohmei A rank Knuckles,has big horn looking things coming off them,kinda like a crab pincer. I hate em,but some people like em.