PDA

View Full Version : Question about Weapon/Armour stats.

Ultima85
Jan 5, 2008, 05:33 AM
Hello. On some of my weapons/armour it has an elemental sign and a percentage next to it. Such as Light 12%. I was wondering exactly what they do?

NNEONateDogg
Jan 5, 2008, 05:51 AM
I'll use your example as my example. If I am correct, a weapon of that elemental percentage deals 12% more damage to dark creatures and 12% less damage to light creatures. All other elemental creatures are unaffected.

An armor of that elemental percentage, you receive 12% less damage from light attacks and 12% more damage from dark attacks. All other elemental attacks are unaffected.

Can someone verify if I am correct or not?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NNEONateDogg on 2008-01-05 02:52 ]</font>

SabZero
Jan 5, 2008, 06:14 AM
That's pretty much it, except it seems they put a .75 modifier on weapon elements (they do 75% of the elemental element bonus damage).

funnymatt
Jan 5, 2008, 06:19 AM
Yes and no- it's a modifier applied to stats of the weapon and/or armor, so it's not as simple as taking damage from 100 to 112. What that calculation consists of has been speculated about on here a few times, and I'm not sure if anyone really knows what the formula is currently. The general idea is correct- it gives a bonus for and penalty against creatures of the same and/or opposite elements depending on whether it's armor or a weapon.