PDA

View Full Version : AotI-XBox 360: I know everything about PSO.

PhotonDrop
Jan 5, 2008, 07:47 AM
Hey, me too!

Sometimes I meet the most retarded characters on Live. I could care less about the kids on Halo, the worst people I find are usually on PSU. A friend of mine invited one of his friends to our party the other night and at first I don't mind.

Then he joins.

First thing out of his mouth is whining about PSU. I admit, I've made a few jokes at the game's expense but I do that with every game that I want but don't own yet. Then I hear more bitching about how lame the palette system is. Again, something I agree with.

But then the topic drifts into PSO, where this guy says "Nobody knows more about that game than me."

Okay, a small arrogant statement. I don't care since everything he's said so far was just him talking out of his ass. My friend though, has different ideas and drags me into the discussion by saying "I dunno, PD over there knows alot." OH BOY HERE WE GO

"PD doesn't know shit." Excuse me?

"Because I use hax(he actually pronounced that)."

So now we're not only dealing with a loud-mouthed moron, but a loud-mouthed moron that uses hax! Oh no!

Since the mission is going rather swiftly, I get bored and entertain him.

I learn the depths of his "knowledge" of PSO, which include

-The defaults of a RAmar. (Okay, that's the kind of thing that I can learn in 5 seconds by doing a few quick clicks.

-There were TWO Red Rings, a hacked one and a legit one. (I don't know about the X-box, but Red Ring was never released on Gamecube, and to my knowledge, wasn't on Blue Burst. What he means to say was there were two Rings, one with Dreamcast stats and one with new GC/X-Box stats, both of which were hacked. What a fun arguement we had there! Hell yeah, I'm sure a GM leaked it. I bet his name was SSJSephiroth and wore the black cloak model too.)

-He did not know the Flowen and Rico could be seen if you killed Falz or Flow with their respective weapons and came back after the fight. In fact I learned that is how he thought players got the Red Ring and Parasitic Gene: Flow.

-Finally, he was still in the dark about the Sealed J-Sword. Wasn't the kill count confirmed years ago? So much for his "l33t haxing skilz".

But then my favorite part of the conversation came up:

"I could beat you in PvP"

Do you want a fucking cookie?? How does that change anything in the conversation? I could practically hear his dignity wither away after that sentence.

As funny as it was, I had to boot him the moment he could not recognise what weapon I was using. For someone that knows as much about PSO as he does, it should be easy to point out the Nei's Claw when you see it. Oh, and a little tip for the less informed: If someone tells you what their weapon is, DO NOT CORRECT THEM.

In any case I'm tired of typing so...

tl;dr: Don't act like you know everything if you know jack shit about the subject.

Neith
Jan 5, 2008, 08:47 AM
If he knew so much about PSO, he should have known the claw's name immediately. It's not like any other claw looked like the Genuine Nei's in PSO anyway. If PSU had reskinned the Replica Nei's, I could be more forgiving- it did after all look the same as S-Rank Claw/Photon Claw/Silence Claw/that JP BB claw I can't remember the name of.

I think a lot of people try and convince others that they're some kind of PSO veteran, because it would obviously make them a better PSU player. You get a similar mentality here sometimes- when someone will try and give incorrect information to someone else, despite the inclusion of hard-coded fact. I mean, we all know the SJS kill counter is ~23,000 kills, but even knowing that, there'll be some people who are determined to prove it unseals some other way.

I find it funny people still think Red Ring and Parasitic Gene: Flow are legitimate drops too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Reipard
Jan 5, 2008, 03:10 PM
When they say something like that, respond with this:
"Great! Can you get me the table structure for the character table then? I need all columns, indexes and constraints. Make sure to point out foreign keys!"

He'll go silent fast.