PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Q:just what is that thing on top-right corner

HyperShot-X-
Jan 5, 2008, 08:55 PM
u know that tiny blinking red & blue arrow sign which seems to appear randomly, just what is that thing? I'm really curious...anyone?

AlphaMinotaux
Jan 5, 2008, 08:57 PM
upload and downloading of data from the servers. Its in almost all MMO's in one form or another.

Sychosis
Jan 5, 2008, 08:57 PM
Yep, the orange arrows indicate you are sending data to the server, the blue ones mean data is being received from the server.

HyperShot-X-
Jan 5, 2008, 09:02 PM
ah ok... but why is it appearing when i'm not doing anything at all? there's really no reason to upload any data constantly b/c i see the red arrow sign appearing constantly & sometimes blue arrow appears togather randomly...??

WhiteKnight01
Jan 5, 2008, 09:13 PM
your always sending info at some stage Its best not to worry about

unis_ascele
Jan 5, 2008, 10:00 PM
since everything is saved server side even though you dont do anything it still needs to save data every so often

Sinue_v2
Jan 6, 2008, 02:53 AM
On 2008-01-05 19:00, unis_ascele wrote:
since everything is saved server side even though you dont do anything it still needs to save data every so often

The server isn't reliant on the client-side for saving. Otherwise, a power outage, OS Crash, etc, would still result in some minimal data loss. That doesn't happen. The server is continually monitoring and updating it's information about your character based on what you do client side. It will save the server-side information about your character incrementally every so often, as well as saving it when it detects a disconnection (for whatever reason).