PDA

View Full Version : Online: I need your advice...

Ashlyn
Jan 5, 2008, 09:09 PM
So heres the deal, I met this guy whom i became friends with on PSU,we became good friends but in the end i couldnt handle him lying constantly and belittling me so i ended the friendship. Unfortunatly the fall out was baaad, and i admitt i was incredibly stupid and thought i trusted him enough i had given him my cell number. it's been a month or more and he keeps sending me mssg's over xbox and on my cell phone, calling me names and threatening me. So my question to you all is... Do i contact xbox and the police and inform them he's been harassing me non-stop or...leave it be???

NGX
Jan 5, 2008, 09:11 PM
Just my opinion but YES you should.

Poncho_Jr
Jan 5, 2008, 09:23 PM
Yes. Idle threats lead to... larger threats which lead to, sadly to say, deadly threats. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Please call the cops for your sake.

funnymatt
Jan 5, 2008, 09:24 PM
Yes, stalkers should always be reported. Theres no telling what someone will do when they feel slighted.

moomoopenguin
Jan 5, 2008, 09:29 PM
yes report to both

KyEmo
Jan 5, 2008, 09:33 PM
Phone company too >.>

Get proofs and sue his ass. They have records http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Retehi
Jan 5, 2008, 09:34 PM
I wonder if we'll see a PSU story on Dateline.

-Crokar-
Jan 5, 2008, 09:54 PM
one day i beleive we will

Tafkar
Jan 6, 2008, 12:00 AM
If it was me, I would do this:

Get a new cell number. (quick painless and easy - no hassles)

Inform your Xbox support and get them to investigate these incidents. (I'm assuming you can ignore any messages from them in the meanwhile)

Calling the cops for something like this is a tad overkill in my opinion.. unless of course this person knows your address, in which case, yes call the authorites.

Shoobie
Jan 6, 2008, 12:08 AM
please do.
you don't want to be on the news, reported for being murdered over a game.
please protect yourself. please.

Sierhiet
Jan 6, 2008, 01:16 AM
On 2008-01-05 21:08, Shoobie wrote:
please do.

This would be the sick, twisted, publicity that PSU needs to boost our population. However on a serious note, I also suggest calling the authorities ect.

PSOLaguna
Jan 6, 2008, 03:22 AM
Since youre on Xbox you can file a complaint and if it is true then more than likely he'll get banned for a day,lol Ive gotten people banned from live because of innapropriate content on their profiles as well as flames through voice messages.So im sure at the very least something will happen.Just report him everytime any of his messages violate the code of conduct,eventually he'll stop bothering you, atleast through live anyway...
Heres a link, incase you dont have much experience with that sort of thing.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908640?sd=xbox

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/legal/codeOfConduct.htm

As for the other forms of harrasment,everyone is pretty much on the ball.
Since he clearly is taking time out of his day to message and call you. Then
take the time to return the favor, with the police of course ^_^

PSOLaguna
Jan 6, 2008, 03:24 AM
On 2008-01-05 21:08, Shoobie wrote:
please do.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-03/30/content_429246.htm

I lol

littleman2347
Jan 6, 2008, 10:36 AM
That is a messed up article. Change your number inform xbox calling the police is a little much and less it get worse and never do that again. You shouldn't ever release personal information over the internet. Because people can find out where you live and find you sadly it can happen. People can be messed up sometimes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: littleman2347 on 2008-01-06 07:41 ]</font>

chokeitdown
Jan 6, 2008, 10:39 AM
Wow. Both of y'all are pretty dumb, the other dude moreso. Get the cops involved, screw going to Microsoft, they're not going to be able to get him to stop permanently.

littleman2347
Jan 6, 2008, 10:43 AM
If the threats are real bad then you can go to the cops, but other than that they can only tell you to change your number. What is the guys GamerTag?

Ashlyn
Jan 6, 2008, 12:42 PM
I didnt know if calling Microsoft would help any, if they could some way some how just prevent his gamertag from messaging me or something, as for Changing the number i guess i'll do that. My friends whom knew him also all thought the guy had a crush on me they said it was obvious, idunno if thats why he's being such a b**ch over everything. But i think you guys are right, if he continues harassing me i should contact the police cuz its getting out of hand. I just want the guy to leave me alone permanetly.

Shoobie
Jan 6, 2008, 12:46 PM
is he threatening you with physical violence?

Fure_Rakune
Jan 6, 2008, 12:48 PM
Well you can call the cops at your expense. If anything youll make their day brighter.
Imagine during a usual day as an officer you get a call that someone is receiving threatening messages that all boils down to a internet relationship gone awry. Im sure theyll get a good laugh and reflect on that day when the need a pick me up -
"Hey, remember that kid who wanted us to protect him from his e-bully?"
"HA! Yeah, what a poon."
"Let's go harass some minorities!"
"Yeah!"