PDA

View Full Version : Light Element Projectile(Fireball)

Poncho_Jr
Jan 5, 2008, 11:38 PM
Do you think they will ever even consider about releasing those Light Fireballs that the enemy CPU's spam oh so lovely?
It would be nice to have a solid Light-based attack. I haven't even seen ANYONE use Regrants lately...

Tamashi
Jan 5, 2008, 11:39 PM
Heck no, I'd rather grants be just like it was in pso.

Uncle_bob
Jan 5, 2008, 11:47 PM
God. I wish. 8|

HFlowen
Jan 5, 2008, 11:48 PM
Technically, there aren't any more techniques in the game data that we haven't gotten yet. (other than dizas and rentis)

GreenArcher
Jan 5, 2008, 11:51 PM
^ What he said. 36 Technics, 6 of each element. If we were ever to get this, it would likely be in another expansion, where one or two technics would be added to each element.

Tafkar
Jan 5, 2008, 11:51 PM
Yep, it would have to be a client patch to get that TECHNIC into the game unfortunately. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Such a shame too as I was almost certain they would include it with AotI.

Shoobie
Jan 5, 2008, 11:55 PM
i like the idea.

Pillan
Jan 5, 2008, 11:57 PM
It's been confirmed that there aren't any more PAs on the expansion, or has it just been confirmed that no more are available offline?

But, yeah, I doubt any of the enemy psuedo-techs will become real ones. Otherwise, we wouldn't be able to block them.

Pengfishh
Jan 6, 2008, 01:28 AM
Any more PAs or any more techs? No more PAs would be super lame :c

Pillan
Jan 6, 2008, 01:33 AM
PAs, or Photon Arts, are the all-encompassing term for skills, bullets, and techs. It's not to be confused with just skills.

Genoa
Jan 6, 2008, 01:38 AM
In my opinion, the attack would blow for character use...
Think about how much stamina you have (lol) then think about how much stamina most enemies have... then think about 5 other people attack that enemy waking them up, then think about how it only hits one target....

Even if the damage was decent, having that silly status effect would be pointless unless perhaps you were soloing.. even then I don't see it being very useful.

Indica
Jan 6, 2008, 02:03 AM
I hope so, there isnt enough Light attack techs

superdood22
Jan 6, 2008, 02:34 AM
its more like an energy blast or something.

Iduno
Jan 6, 2008, 05:30 AM
i hope so as it looks realy nice (just a shame we only get to be on the receiving end atm http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

Hrith
Jan 6, 2008, 05:38 AM
Another Diga/Foie would be nice, as well as another light technic, so yes.

DavidNel
Jan 6, 2008, 08:38 AM
I think they will, once they get tired of all the complaint e-mails...

Golto
Jan 6, 2008, 10:55 AM
That light attack isn't a tech attack though, its a skill or ranged attack because you can block it even at any damage range.

pikachief
Jan 6, 2008, 11:20 AM
but u can silence them and they'll stop.... lol

maybe its like the de ragans fire ball, or the vandas damfoie....

where its neither a tech nor a attack http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

cuz if u use the attack shield or light shield with them or shock or silence them it still hits u with it >.<
dam vandas and their damfoie

gryphonvii
Jan 6, 2008, 12:10 PM
damzonde, and all my dreams will come true

Laranas
Jan 6, 2008, 12:14 PM
On 2008-01-06 07:55, Golto wrote:
That light attack isn't a tech attack though, its a skill or ranged attack because you can block it even at any damage range.If it weren't for the fact that Silence stops it from being cast, I'd say it wasn't a TECHNIC too.

And seriously, when are we getting Dizas and Rentis? New Striking PAs come out all the time, but techers have been waiting over a year for the original 36 TECHNICs to be released.

Aviendha
Jan 6, 2008, 01:40 PM
On 2008-01-06 09:14, Laranas wrote:

That light attack isn't a tech attack though, its a skill or ranged attack because you can block it even at any damage range.If it weren't for the fact that Silence stops it from being cast, I'd say it wasn't a TECHNIC too.

And seriously, when are we getting Dizas and Rentis? New Striking PAs come out all the time, but techers have been waiting over a year for the original 36 TECHNICs to be released.

Well, since those two are totally ridiculous, I'd say that they should never be released.

LTrav2k
Jan 6, 2008, 01:59 PM
On 2008-01-05 20:39, Tamashi wrote:
Heck no, I'd rather grants be just like it was in pso.

Agreed, I'd love to have Grants just like it was on PSO. I remember how bad it scared me the first time I was hit with it.

Kylie
Jan 6, 2008, 03:28 PM
Super lame. I get bored of using the same skills over and over again.

Apone
Jan 6, 2008, 04:02 PM
What about that big explosive tech that the pink-haired Vol brother uses in the first online story mode? what IS that? anyone know?

RemiusTA
Jan 6, 2008, 06:30 PM
Seriously, Ragrants should be exactly like grants was in PSO.

It could even be given the really small delay. I was no FAN of grants in pso, but i guess it wouldnt hurt to have the cameo spell.

The only PSO spell i miss would be Gifoie. Although PSU gifoie is effing awesome given the right level, i just cant help thinking how awesome it would be if at 31/41+ it turned into the swirling flaming heat-wave-distorting fire tornado of doom.

2 rotating fireballs would make my day xD

Gryffin
Jan 6, 2008, 07:33 PM
We need a good light spell.... I'm really craving the one the light NPC's have.. but traditional grants would be so yum...

Laranas
Jan 6, 2008, 10:15 PM
On 2008-01-06 10:40, Aviendha wrote:

On 2008-01-06 09:14, Laranas wrote:

Well, since those two are totally ridiculous, I'd say that they should never be released.

When'd we start talking about Majarra and Chikki? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Umberger
Jan 6, 2008, 10:25 PM
On 2008-01-06 10:40, Aviendha wrote:

They don't provide complete immunity online if I remember correctly, they just have a somewhat high level of damage reduction. They could just make them have a high PP cost...but I seriously don't see any reason to complain if they were ever released. This game doesn't have PvP, there's no need to cry out for a nerf on a class that you don't play/like. If it helps the party, then it's helping you.

mvffin
Jan 6, 2008, 10:33 PM
well lets see.
basic techniques with single target: Foie, Diga
Basic techniques with multiple targets: Zonde, Barta, Megid

The light spell just fits.

MSAksion
Jan 7, 2008, 02:33 AM
Speaking of which there are some spells that i'd throw in for some COMPLETION;

1) GRANTS - SLEEP Sta... 3 maybe not 4. - Long Range Straight path = 1 target.

2) DAMU-ZONDE - Shock sta 3 - short range arc for 6, 7 then 8 ticks.

3) NOS-FOIE - Burn sta 3 - homing Ball of Fire - explosion upon detonation = 3 targets.

4) NOS-BARTA - Freeze sta 2 - Homing waves of Ice - ground traveling = 3 targets.

Laranas
Jan 7, 2008, 02:37 AM
On 2008-01-06 23:33, MSAksion wrote:
Speaking of which there are some spells that i'd throw in for some COMPLETION;

1) GRANTS - SLEEP Sta... 3 maybe not 4. - Long Range Straight path = 1 target.
2) DAMU-ZONDE - Shock sta 3 - short range arc for 6, 7 then 8 ticks.
3) NOS-FOIE - Burn sta 3 - homing Ball of Fire - explosion upon detonation = 3 targets.
4) NOS-BARTA - Freeze sta 2 - Homing waves of Ice - ground traveling = 3 targets.

1) I think we can all agree here, but I think it should be more like PSO's Grants. High cost; high unavoidable damage.
2) Given the nature of lightning, I don't see how this move can be pulled off.
3) If it somehow resembled PSO's Gifoie, I'd go for it
4) This move will probably be worthless from the moment it's created.

Poncho_Jr
Jan 8, 2008, 07:37 PM
Hmmmm... if Sega Team actually reads the posts on these sites, they should consider our suggesrtions. <.<

ThEoRy
Jan 8, 2008, 08:24 PM
Why not Ragrants?