PDA

View Full Version : What else is there to do?

Tokori
Jan 6, 2008, 02:33 PM
I understand that I am only about level 35 and it is just the beginning, but I have to say I'm getting tired of running the same missions and killing the same monsters. I don't feel that I get anything out of it like I did in PSO. I mean you kill the bosses for the good weapons, but the rare weapons are limited. There are only like a few am I right? I don't want to lose interest in the game but I feel that I may...someone please convince me otherwise!

Chuck_Norris
Jan 6, 2008, 02:36 PM
The only thing PSU is missing from PSO, is PVP. Other than that, it's just the same.

gundam0079
Jan 6, 2008, 02:37 PM
ummm game startes gettin really good around lvl 50-70 thats when u can do all the missions or most of em. just hang in there

Silver_Wyrm
Jan 6, 2008, 02:40 PM
every now and then when my friends and I are all on at the same time we run around and do random missions that most grouups dont run, even if the rewards arent great or its an old mission, so grab some friends who are getting bored to if you can and just go do some stuff http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Travis IV
Jan 6, 2008, 02:41 PM
norris is right , and PSU has much more features in it than PSO ever had. at the same time though, i know how you feel about it not being as "rewarding" as PSO felt. could be becuase i played PSO since its DC begginings. it plays much different, but i love PSU anyways.

i quit twice, came back right after 1 up, and i absolutely love it now, AotI helped out, and ya, theres not much to be said about lvl 35.

P.S.- if you can find a nice group of friends that play regualrly and are up for games with you, its always 10 times better http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

CelestialBlade
Jan 6, 2008, 02:43 PM
I wish PSU had some sort of exploration factor, or some other quests that you can choose to pursue. And I know, one game can't have everything and I can just as well play another game with those options (I still have Guild Wars installed), but it'd be neat.

easy
Jan 6, 2008, 02:46 PM
quit the game and save money and get a xbox live gold card and play on more games then one its cheaper http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

and their a lot cheap xbox 360 game out their to play online for one subscription monthly

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: easy on 2008-01-06 11:48 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: easy on 2008-01-06 12:02 ]</font>

Travis IV
Jan 6, 2008, 02:50 PM
On 2008-01-06 11:46, easy wrote:
quit the game and save money and get a xbox live gold card and play on more games then one its cheaper http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: easy on 2008-01-06 11:48 ]</font>

that would be great and everything, if he had an x box, then spent money for his live subscription monthly,then spend 50-60$ per game to play online,dont see how that would be cheaper

easy
Jan 6, 2008, 02:57 PM
but their a lot cheap xbox 360 game out their brains

Saphion
Jan 6, 2008, 02:59 PM
To trick is to find some people to play with who can enjoy themselves without relying on the game mechanics. I had a similar setup way back on PSO which kept me playing it for years, even when actual game content had long since dried up.

Just find some cool people to play with and it'll never get boring. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

EDIT: I'm getting really sick and tired of this site lag.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saphion on 2008-01-06 12:01 ]</font>

easy
Jan 6, 2008, 03:00 PM
hes now 82 Saphion

Tokori
Jan 6, 2008, 03:11 PM
Well thank you all for your advice. I do play often with a friend, however he too is getting bored. Just a few more statements that i would like to post and hopefully grab some responses.

[1] I do play on the Xbox 360

[2] Are there a lot of rare weapons and armor? I mean I remember there being TONS for PSO like things like the Broom. I just hope that I haven't reached the end because I am already using a Crimson.

[3] I guess I just get tired of running the missions when there is no hope for finding some really rare weapon or something...

Anatra
Jan 6, 2008, 03:18 PM
well keep in mind that not everything is realeased yet. A Blackheart is what you should be looking for if you're using a Crimson. As far as variety there are a lot of things if you are a fighter. (or acrotecher, sorry gunners) And think about it. If the level cap is 110 and you're level 35. Do you think that you should be expecting all the rares to fall in your lap at that level?

EspioKaos
Jan 6, 2008, 03:19 PM
There's a nice selection of rare weapons, line shields and units to come. Keep in mind that Ambition of the Illuminus added the 13-15-star tier of rarity to everything, and of those, we only have one weapon that makes it into that category for now. (Amure Tip, a 13-star dagger.) As far as sabers go, a few more you've got to look forward to are the 13-star Diga Ragan (and Diga Ragac, its Kubara copy) as well as the Sange, a 14-star Kubara weapon.

Tokori
Jan 6, 2008, 03:19 PM
On 2008-01-06 12:18, Anatra wrote:
well keep in mind that not everything is realeased yet.

What do you mean that it's not released yet?

Anatra
Jan 6, 2008, 03:26 PM
What Espio said. With the expansion we get up to 15 star items. But right now we only have one 13 star item. The game really comes alive when we get events. Just stick with it. Next week we will get an event and you can certainly have a lot of fun there. Finally the only other piece of advice I can get it to mingly a little with the locals. The more people you talk to the more fun the game becomes.

Tokori
Jan 6, 2008, 03:27 PM
When are they releasing such things? Are we all going to have to buy another expansion?

Kylie
Jan 6, 2008, 03:32 PM
I know how you feel. I've been playing with my alts (due to boredom), and it's near to impossible to find anything interesting to do unless someone I know comes on to play. The game's not very lowbie friendly.

Cry0
Jan 6, 2008, 03:33 PM
well, imo, I got tired at such a low level too, but once you are 70, you get in on all the hectic S missions, which makes it a lot more fun. also, yes, some s ranks are easy to get these days, those are 10* s anks. there's a whole world of 11* things to find out about. I know because i thought i kicked arse too because i had a 2 headed ragnus... turned out that i didn't :/ In any case, there's a lot more to see then just crimson.

xennec
Jan 6, 2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah, I know exactly you are feeling. Like most people say, once you get to level 50-55 things really start picking up. You just need to hang on for a bit longer. My best advice is to level up during the winter festa (boosted exp) so it won't take as long. Wait and see how you feel about the game once you are able to start doing S and S2 missions. Things get A LOT more fun and challenging.

We don't have all of the content yet. Unlike a lot of games PSU gets an update every 2 weeks or so that gives us new missions/clothes/weapons/etc. We do not get all available content when we install an expansion.So no, you don't need to buy a new expansion or anything to get access to new content. We are expecting a 3rd expansion, but it will most likely be a year or so before we get it.

And a crimson is nothing to be super proud of. It was so easy to get during the 1UP Cup that most people don't even consider them rare anymore. Once you can start doing higher level missions you can start finding many more S rank weapons which will give you something to do.

Good luck!

Mewnie
Jan 6, 2008, 05:22 PM
Soloing just makes you want to smash your face in with your controller..

Best if you just run with friends, whether hanging out with them while they look for that rare,
or a world tour, coming up with crazy shit along the way :3

Shoobie
Jan 6, 2008, 05:33 PM
yeah, i quit,
but i really regret it.
i'm getting back into it now.

xennec
Jan 6, 2008, 05:37 PM
Oh, and also, maybe if you try a different class it will give some more intrest. Whenever I start getting bored, I'll switch my class to give myself a different playstyle and that can change the game dramatically.

Shoobie
Jan 6, 2008, 05:40 PM
definitely, and don't create too many characters.
make something that you love to play.
like a fG, FG, or FF.
so you can switch out pretty easily.

Saphion
Jan 6, 2008, 05:53 PM
On 2008-01-06 14:22, Mewnie wrote:
Soloing just makes you want to smash your face in with your controller..

Best if you just run with friends, whether hanging out with them while they look for that rare,
or a world tour, coming up with crazy shit along the way :3

I heartily approve of the above quote.

Shoobie
Jan 6, 2008, 05:54 PM
oh, go gamble.
create new weapons.
go chat around.
there's more to do than grind.

Omega_Weltall
Jan 6, 2008, 06:02 PM
or um.. you can Role Play (braces for the stones that are surely to be thrown) No seriously! I was in an RP group doin the AMF mission (before Motherbrain) and it brought new life to those missions, especially with all the ambush spawns. I mean it is an ROLE PLAYING game after all...

Shoobie
Jan 6, 2008, 06:05 PM
[quote] or um.. you can Role Play (braces for the stones that are surely to be thrown) No seriously! I was in an RP group doin the AMF mission (before Motherbrain) and it brought new life to those missions, especially with all the ambush spawns. I mean it is an ROLE PLAYING game after all...

what do you mean, by role playing?

Omega_Weltall
Jan 6, 2008, 06:13 PM
just acting as if its your character talking and not you. its kinda goofy at first but if you'er with some cool people then its kinda fun. Like if i roleplay as my newman male acrofighter for example i kinda make him out to be a cocky bastard.

Shoobie
Jan 6, 2008, 06:14 PM
oh snap.
that sounds really fun, kinda.

but i have more fun just yelling POLTYGEIST.
haha

AlphaDragoon
Jan 6, 2008, 11:22 PM
On 2008-01-06 12:19, EspioKaos wrote:
There's a nice selection of rare weapons, line shields and units to come. Keep in mind that Ambition of the Illuminus added the 13-15-star tier of rarity to everything, and of those, we only have one weapon that makes it into that category for now. (Amure Tip, a 13-star dagger.) As far as sabers go, a few more you've got to look forward to are the 13-star Diga Ragan (and Diga Ragac, its Kubara copy) as well as the Sange, a 14-star Kubara weapon.

Holy hell, Sange is the 14-star Saber?!

THANK YOU SEGA.

EDIT: The Diga Ragan is gonna be fugly if it's the right hand saber on the Tiga De Ragan (13* twin saber). But then again, the Apocalypse looks bad too next to the Blackheart. XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlphaDragoon on 2008-01-06 20:26 ]</font>

Laranas
Jan 6, 2008, 11:25 PM
On 2008-01-06 11:33, Tokori wrote:
I understand that I am only about level 35 and it is just the beginning, but I have to say I'm getting tired of running the same missions and killing the same monsters.
I count 45 missions over 4 planets. Sure, most of the monsters are reskins, but if you're running the same mission over and over, that's your fault.

Wiz
Jan 6, 2008, 11:28 PM
On 2008-01-06 12:19, Tokori wrote:

On 2008-01-06 12:18, Anatra wrote:
well keep in mind that not everything is realeased yet.

What do you mean that it's not released yet?

Every few weeks, there's an update that adds new content to the game, such as new missions, clothes, events, room stuff, weapons, etc.

RACast_Raiden
Jan 6, 2008, 11:36 PM
On 2008-01-06 11:33, Tokori wrote:
I understand that I am only about level 35 and it is just the beginning, but I have to say I'm getting tired of running the same missions and killing the same monsters. I don't feel that I get anything out of it like I did in PSO. I mean you kill the bosses for the good weapons, but the rare weapons are limited. There are only like a few am I right? I don't want to lose interest in the game but I feel that I may...someone please convince me otherwise!

When this game was relased back in '06, the missions were VERY limited than it is now.

some quit 'cause of it and then came back for teh expansion.

You can do the same, take a break from this game and play something else and then come back for the next expansion (if there is).

EspioKaos
Jan 6, 2008, 11:37 PM
On 2008-01-06 20:22, AlphaDragoon wrote:

THANK YOU SEGA.

Yup! Also, I found out from the Illuminus Perfect Bible that the 14-star twin saber will be Sange Yasha. (Probably will be localized as Sange & Yasha just like Guld Milla became Guld & Milla.)

OldCoot
Jan 6, 2008, 11:47 PM
I got tired of running the same old runs where everyone is at so I move around. Once you hit level 75 and most of the missions open up, then you will see the items you are looking for.

In the meantime, get your PMs leveled so you can make the boards you will be getting and save.

Silver_Wyrm
Jan 6, 2008, 11:54 PM
On 2008-01-06 11:57, easy wrote:
but their a lot cheap xbox 360 game out their brains

cept pretty much everything on it charges you in some form, so it really isnt that cheap >.> not to mention the hundreds he'd spend on the 360 alone would be what he could have played for a couple eyars with, and further more that had nothing to do with his question http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

more on topic, just try find some good friends to run random stuff with, I dont lvl as fast as some others do, but we run all over the place doing different missions all over and its much funner

HalfDarShadow
Jan 7, 2008, 12:21 AM
yea

usually ill get some friends and we will have a 4 world's tour!!!

lol we do is we start on one planet and we work are way through all the missions, and try different routes. then on to the next planet.

its actually more fun than u think it is, especually all the old missions we havent done in so long^^

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

AlphaDragoon
Jan 7, 2008, 12:25 AM
On 2008-01-06 20:37, EspioKaos wrote:

THANK YOU SEGA.

Yup! Also, I found out from the Illuminus Perfect Bible that the 14-star twin saber will be Sange Yasha. (Probably will be localized as Sange & Yasha just like Guld Milla became Guld & Milla.)

SWEET. For the love of God, please tell me they don't have photon edges like the Agito Repca.

By the by, there wouldn't happen to be any news of a certain attack wave blasting, whoosh noise making purple saber from PSO that we all know and love, would there?

*For those who never played PSO, I'm referring to the Lavis Cannon, a saber of absolute ownage when making use of a certain glitch.*

EspioKaos
Jan 7, 2008, 12:35 AM
On 2008-01-06 21:25, AlphaDragoon wrote:
SWEET. For the love of God, please tell me they don't have photon edges like the Agito Repca.

By the by, there wouldn't happen to be any news of a certain attack wave blasting, whoosh noise making purple saber from PSO that we all know and love, would there?

No Lavis Cannon listed in the book, but I'm sure there's still more to come that's not listed. And the Sange and Yasha have metal blades. The only photon I can see on them is on the very end of the hilt.

Tamashi
Jan 7, 2008, 12:51 AM
You don't have access to any of the content yet. I read this topic as " I'm tired of being a noob level. "

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tamashi on 2008-01-06 21:52 ]</font>

Aviendha
Jan 7, 2008, 08:34 AM
On 2008-01-06 20:37, EspioKaos wrote:

THANK YOU SEGA.

There goes Espio, harming our community with his translations. lol

What else is in the Perfect Bible? Is there a thread for such info?

Takayanagi
Jan 7, 2008, 11:18 AM
On 2008-01-06 12:27, Tokori wrote:
When are they releasing such things? Are we all going to have to buy another expansion?

You obviously don't know the nature of online games and probably played PSO nearer to the end of it's life than the beginning. All games of this type get content added progressively, thats why I get sick of hearing people moan and whine about there not being as many rares in PSU (its like a year and a bit old right?) as there are in PSO (which is like 7 or 8 years old >.<). Lets not forget there were at least 2 variations/expansions of PSO, there has only been one of PSU so far, so don't make out like sega are ripping you off by adding things over time.

As for the situation with rares just now, there are not "only a few", I only need to look in the item database here on PSOW to see that there are many rares.

Geez, if I see another "omg there are not enough rarez" topic ever again, it'll be too soon -_-

GuardianElite
Jan 7, 2008, 12:26 PM
On 2008-01-06 15:02, Omega_Weltall wrote:
or um.. you can Role Play (braces for the stones that are surely to be thrown) No seriously! I was in an RP group doin the AMF mission (before Motherbrain) and it brought new life to those missions, especially with all the ambush spawns. I mean it is an ROLE PLAYING game after all...

well the word role playing came from when you used to role dice to play an rpg like dungeon& dragon for example

Akaimizu
Jan 7, 2008, 12:39 PM
Even though that is incorrect use of the terminology. Playing a role is where that word came up from. Otherwise, it would just be gaming, of which plenty are based on dice rules. There are board games of this sort of thing that do all of that but don't have players playing a role, so they aren't called role-playing games.

EspioKaos
Jan 7, 2008, 01:03 PM
On 2008-01-07 05:34, Aviendha wrote:
There goes Espio, harming our community with his translations. lol

What else is in the Perfect Bible? Is there a thread for such info?

Irreparable damage, woo! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
I do what I can. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Seriously, though, I haven't started a specific thread on Perfect Bible info, but I've been steadily adding what I find to PSUPedia. My most recent addition included detailed drop charts on most every enemy (even a few unreleased ones) from LV1-149. I've also been updating our mission articles with complete reward info. (I've finished the GUARDIANS Colony missions along with about a third of Parum's. Still need to complete Neudaiz and Moatoob.) Also, I've added a lot of info to various articles listing new items, for example a ton of new remodeling tickets (they've even got Kakwane, Pannon, Koltova and Rappy themes coming eventually) new weapons (such as Sange & Yasha among others) and new items like Lunga Eggs and the Dallgun Bromide (the latter of which I believe is a photo, probably a material used to synth the Dallgun Rod).