PDA

View Full Version : need acrotecher help

Shoobie
Jan 6, 2008, 05:50 PM
does a buff radius increase 31+?
and if i want to play tech over melee, (with occasional whip) should i play human or newman?
and is debuffing worth the effort, (besides tagging)?
and what should a palette look like?

thanks.

chaostroop3
Jan 6, 2008, 06:21 PM
1:i think
2:i say human, when i was a acrotecher iused a crimsen and dori and worked very well =]
3:naaaa dont bother use a ra spell for tagging =]
4:whips and swords ,tech mags and mabey a machinegun =] (and mabey a wand or 2 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif )

Shoobie
Jan 6, 2008, 06:25 PM
thank you!
i wanna see how big those buffs get.

i hate swords, so ill use daggers.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

and about madoogs.
do they hold good pp?

Umberger
Jan 6, 2008, 06:30 PM
1: Yes, the visual effect doesn't increase in radius, but from what I've noticed they have a large range outside of the ring itself.

2: Stats would suggest Newman due to higher TP (although they have the lowest ATP, whereas humans have second highest TP and third lowest ATP), but play whatever you like best...you won't be some sort of horrible gimp if you play race X as gender Y.

3: It does speed up the party a bit, and a good strategy you could try is using Zalure (and/or Jellen, Zoldeel) on one of your weapons, then start using a Gi- TECHNIC while you're in the middle of everything. It'll allow you to do damage and support the team at the same time, win-win situation. In the lower levels, debuffing may not help too much though, because taking 5% (just an example) off of something with say...25 DFP isn't going to matter that much (not to mention how fast they die anyways), but when things start getting hundreds of DFP in the higher levels, you can take off a pretty hefty chunk of that.

4: I'd recommend having one TECHNIC weapon in each slot of your palette...so if you have a melee weapon, use a Madoog, ranged weapon use a Wand. But the best way to learn what your palette should be is to just play, experiment, and find out what works best for you and your play style.

Good luck.

EDIT: Just saw your post before mine. Madoogs have pretty high PP, between that of a Wand and a Rod, with the lowest TP of all the casting weapons. They're the fastest casting weapon, great for de/buffs and pretty much any support TECHNIC I can think of.

EDIT2: I think by Swords he meant Single Sabers...=p

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Umberger on 2008-01-06 15:32 ]</font>

Shoobie
Jan 6, 2008, 06:33 PM
thanks umberger.

i would need to start level my debuffs early.

and for a pallete i'd more than likely use.

Whip/madoog
whip/madoog
dagger/madoog
wand/madoog (buffs)
wand/madoog (debuffs/gi tech and resta)
wand/cards,

Danger_Girl
Jan 6, 2008, 06:57 PM
Consider the option of including a Shadoog/wand combonation on occasion. It can be kind of fun cutting loose with foie while your shadoog blasts away. I also liked using sabers on occasion, but to be honest, I'm usually more concerned with looking good than I am functionality (I play a newman female wartecher afterall).

As far as your choice of race goes, I echo what Umberger said. Pick your preference based on aesthetics, because either human or newman is a fine choice.

I would also suggest you don't forsake your debuffs. Out of curiosity will you be playing on PC or 360?

Shoobie
Jan 6, 2008, 07:05 PM
On 2008-01-06 15:57, Danger_Girl wrote:
Consider the option of including a Shadoog/wand combonation on occasion. It can be kind of fun cutting loose with foie while your shadoog blasts away. I also liked using sabers on occasion, but to be honest, I'm usually more concerned with looking good than I am functionality (I play a newman female wartecher afterall).

As far as your choice of race goes, I echo what Umberger said. Pick your preference based on aesthetics, because either human or newman is a fine choice.

I would also suggest you don't forsake your debuffs. Out of curiosity will you be playing on PC or 360?

haha, i love looking cool.
so i need some clothes, and i love the wartecher comment.

i do plan on debuffing alot.

so shadoog?
hmm, thanks for that, i'll try it out..

i play 360.
and yourself?

Danger_Girl
Jan 6, 2008, 07:07 PM
I'm on PC http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

Here's a guide you might want to check out, the writer did a pretty good job with it.
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=163462&forum=22&9

Shoobie
Jan 6, 2008, 07:11 PM
darn!
playing with you sounded interesting.
=/

what class do you play?

Danger_Girl
Jan 6, 2008, 07:22 PM
I tend to favor Wartecher for some reason, although I'm also a 15 Acrotecher.

OUCH! Just failed an S rank synth >.<

DoubleJG
Jan 6, 2008, 07:22 PM
I'll just add this tidbit about debuffs...

-They're excellent for tagging at higher levels (Lv1-10 is no good at all... 11 is when it becomes useful for tagging)
-It speeds up speed runs so that those deadly fortefighters can sweep things that much quicker
-Jellen can be helpful when soloing against large groups of enemies
-If you have the time, level debuffs and give them a shot... I'm one of the few techers on PC/PS2 who occassionally debuffs and it's quite nice, not to mention I can just kickback and heal if I'm feeling lazing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Shoobie
Jan 6, 2008, 07:23 PM
damn!
S-rank synth.
im really sorry,
go pwn so polty's it'll help.
haha.

yeah, leveling the debuffs won't be fun.

DoubleJG
Jan 6, 2008, 07:32 PM
Leveling regular buffs isn't any better http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Shoobie
Jan 6, 2008, 07:35 PM
On 2008-01-06 16:32, DoubleJG3288 wrote:
Leveling regular buffs isn't any better http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

haha!
that made me lol.
but i can sleep and press x and y at the same time./

DoubleJG
Jan 6, 2008, 07:38 PM
Scarred Planet, first room, you can do the same thing with debuffs.

Just a little advice incase you decide to do it. Debuffs really aren't as hard to level as people think =/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DoubleJG3288 on 2008-01-06 16:40 ]</font>

Pillan
Jan 6, 2008, 07:44 PM
I’m pretty sure none of the support techs increase range at 31+. Like Umberger said, you can hit targets a little bit outside the range, but this is also true at 21+. I haven’t checked Reverser though, so that may increase.

If you want to do techs, Newman is your best choice. They have around a 18% or so tech damage advantage (more like 12% due to the ungodly human bonus though…). But, if you want to maximize output as an Acrotecher, you should consider melee. Both human and Newman can do both decently, so it’s really a toss up on what you prefer. Personally, I’d probably do human just because the ridiculous bonus makes the human to Newman comparison pretty one-sided in everything but TP and MST.

Debuffing really isn’t worth much right now and it may never be worth the effort again since Sonic Team still thinks PSU is too challenging at this time. Zalure is only good on ridiculous DFP mobs or mobs that use Deband. Zodeel is only necessary with underleveled PAs and high EVP mobs (many of which are immune to this effect, such as Svaltus, killing its use there). Jellen can be a general use debuff, since reducing damage means that much longer between heals, but you might not need it if the enemies are dying fast already. It just depends on how your group compares to the enemies your facing, really.

Good Acrotecher pallets vary a lot and it’s really hard to make a bad one. Just be sure to take advantage of melee and twin handguns when appropriate.

Shoobie
Jan 6, 2008, 07:47 PM
On 2008-01-06 16:44, Pillan wrote:
I’m pretty sure none of the support techs increase range at 31+. Like Umberger said, you can hit targets a little bit outside the range, but this is also true at 21+. I haven’t checked Reverser though, so that may increase.

If you want to do techs, Newman is your best choice. They have around a 18% or so tech damage advantage (more like 12% due to the ungodly human bonus though…). But, if you want to maximize output as an Acrotecher, you should consider melee. Both human and Newman can do both decently, so it’s really a toss up on what you prefer. Personally, I’d probably do human just because the ridiculous bonus makes the human to Newman comparison pretty one-sided in everything but TP and MST.

Debuffing really isn’t worth much right now and it may never be worth the effort again since Sonic Team still thinks PSU is too challenging at this time. Zalure is only good on ridiculous DFP mobs or mobs that use Deband. Zodeel is only necessary with underleveled PAs and high EVP mobs (many of which are immune to this effect, such as Svaltus, killing its use there). Jellen can be a general use debuff, since reducing damage means that much longer between heals, but you might not need it if the enemies are dying fast already. It just depends on how your group compares to the enemies your facing, really.

Good Acrotecher pallets vary a lot and it’s really hard to make a bad one. Just be sure to take advantage of melee and twin handguns when appropriate.

i see.
bosses cannot be dbuffed correct?

well i have a level 44 human, so i'll probably just play him, he's a transer as well.

deband?

Pillan
Jan 6, 2008, 07:52 PM
No, bosses cannot be debuffed.

Deband is the DFP raising buff and a few mobs, such as Polovohra, SEED Ardite, and king Gohmon, use it to raise their DFP. The difference between SEED Ardite Deband and my Zalure 31+ is about 300 additional damage.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2008-01-06 16:52 ]</font>

Shoobie
Jan 6, 2008, 07:53 PM
wow.
im gonna max debuffs then.
thanks.

Pillan
Jan 6, 2008, 10:23 PM
After doing some runs, the difference was more like 200 damage. The 300 would have been comparing a weaker attack while it was buffed to a stronger attack while it was debuffed. (You know how you normally hit enemies for a random deviation of so much damage...)

mvffin
Jan 6, 2008, 10:27 PM
I play a primarily teching AT, newman female, I dont even worry about debuffs. in parties I tag with barta/zonde, or with my whip. any enemy that takes forever with techs goes down easy with whips/cards.

Shoobie
Jan 6, 2008, 10:28 PM
is zonde useful now?

OldCoot
Jan 6, 2008, 11:57 PM
I don't use debuffs. I got them to 30 but didn't see a point of needed them. You will get your "hits" for exp using them, but I would rather use a whip or hit the targets with something else.

OldCoot
Jan 7, 2008, 12:02 AM
I don't see a need to use debuffs. I got mine to 30 but turned them back into discs so I could add other things.

Shadow_Wing
Jan 7, 2008, 04:36 AM
On 2008-01-06 16:07, Danger_Girl wrote:
I'm on PC http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

Here's a guide you might want to check out, the writer did a pretty good job with it.
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=163462&forum=22&9

Opps, realized I forgot to add a small update to it lol, was during a busy time, probably forgot that I never added it in lol.

Anyways there is an increase in range with 21+ to 31+, it's like a 10% increase in range so it's it's nothing that'll make or break u.

Currently debuffs take the back seat in most games, mobs die too easily atm to warrant them, however lvl them if you wish, all the power to you.

Race wise, anything goes, hell I'm a Male Cast and I do quite well. I made that guide after all XD. Tech wise though, I'd suggest probably human, that way you have the pretty good from both worlds, otherwise just use anything.

The main thing though is to play around, and find out what your play style is. As I've outlined at the bottom of my guide, there's really 3 major schools of ATs and well as long as you cover the basics play however you feel most comfortable with.