PDA

View Full Version : Class add-ons

Leahcim
Jan 6, 2008, 10:34 PM
Protransers and Acros have their own little class specialties as perks (being able to see traps, speed boosts).

What ideas do you have for class specialties? Keep in mind... Don't brake the game! lol

Here are my Ideas:

Wartecher, Just Magic-Counter
Basically, when Just counter is activated as a Wartecher, a spell is also casted (without actually casting it) in relation to your weapon or maybe line shield's element.
- Fire/Ice/Ground/Thunder -> corresponding Gi-Spell
- Dark - Megid
- Light - Giresta

Fortefighter, Shield
Melee enemies will be more attracted to fortefighters over other classes and will attack them first. So you'll act as a shield for say, a fortetecher

Fortegunner, Multi Bullet
Gives Fortegunners the ability to equip two bullets at a time on one gun. Doesn't let you fire both at once, just lets you save room and switching time more or less.

Guntecher, Magic Bullet
A spell can be equiped onto a gun in the place of a bullet, only Ra-Spells. After Bullet hits an enemy, it with become a Ra-Spell and effect where the bullet landed.

Any other ideas? =) And what do you think of mine?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2008-01-06 22:18 ]</font>

Shoobie
Jan 6, 2008, 10:35 PM
that sounds amazing.
kinda.

Laranas
Jan 6, 2008, 10:41 PM
Since I'm tired, I'll just add / edit your ideas

Fortefighter: Idle Regeneration
Very, very similar to the CAST racial from PSO.

Fortetecher: Status-Counter
Boosts the status effect application rate of a TECHNIC when used with a Just Counter by 2% a type level (for a total of 30%).

Fortegunner: Apply Element
Can apply an element to a Fragment Bullet provided that the normal element Bullet is known for that weapon. The Fragment Bullet costs 1/4 more PP per shot, but gains the elemental bonus of the normal Bullet.

Figunner: None yet

Wartecher: Imbued TECHNIC
Boosts weapon attribute rate by 1% a type level (for 15% total). Effect only takes place during Just Counters (and the combos they lead into.)

Guntecher: Magic Bullet
Boosts bullet Status Effect Lv by 1 (maximum of 4.)

Acrotecher: Speed Boost
Support TECHNICs gain an extra 2% cast speed reduction per type level on top of the Acro boost.

Acrofighter: (uncertain, might change it) PA Scramble
Single handed melee PAs for Saber, Dagger, and Claw can be interchanged. The range of these weapons affect how the PA acts, but the ATP modifier remains the same.

Protranser: Trap Mastery
Traps still have an extra 50% damage. Can carry 2 times the normal amount of traps.

Pretend the current perks are still there. That includes seeing traps, PA cost for Forte types, and the acro speed boost. Note that this is just for fun, I like the way types are now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Laranas on 2008-01-06 20:11 ]</font>

RACast_Raiden
Jan 6, 2008, 10:42 PM
On 2008-01-06 19:34, Leahcim wrote:
So you'll act as a shield for say, a fortecher

Now...THAT word brings back memories of someone

Leahcim
Jan 6, 2008, 10:46 PM
On 2008-01-06 19:42, RACast_Raiden wrote:

On 2008-01-06 19:34, Leahcim wrote:
So you'll act as a shield for say, a fortecher

Now...THAT word brings back memories of someone

Oh, I'm sorry I meant Fortetecher

I did that with fighgunner too =/
Um... Any other classes I'm spelling wrong?

Fortefighter
Fortegunner
Guntecher
Wartecher
Protranser
Acrotecher
Acrofighter?

RACast_Raiden
Jan 6, 2008, 10:51 PM
Im not saying the spelling is wrong...its just.

nevermind lol

anyways...the classes are fine as they are right now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RACast_Raiden on 2008-01-06 19:53 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Jan 6, 2008, 10:55 PM
On 2008-01-06 19:51, RACast_Raiden wrote:
Im not saying the spelling is wrong...its just.

nevermind lol

anyways...the classes are fine as they are right now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RACast_Raiden on 2008-01-06 19:53 ]</font>

But it is.

Wrong, I mean.

Leahcim
Jan 6, 2008, 10:56 PM
I'm sorry =/
Fortetecher just looks funny... Fighgunner too... lol, they look more natural as Fortecher and Figunner imo

Chuck_Norris
Jan 6, 2008, 11:00 PM
You know, Fortefighter, Fortetecher, and Fortegunner, already have special abilities. FF doesn't need as much PP for melee PA's, FT doesn't need as much PP for magic, and FG doesn't need as much PP for bullets.

RACast_Raiden
Jan 6, 2008, 11:08 PM
On 2008-01-06 20:00, Chuck_Norris wrote:
You know, Fortefighter, Fortetecher, and Fortegunner, already have special abilities. FF doesn't need as much PP for melee PA's, FT doesn't need as much PP for magic, and FG doesn't need as much PP for bullets.

Yes... Forte Classes already got the PP discounts that hybrids don't.

GreenArcher
Jan 7, 2008, 12:28 AM
Fortegunner: Secondary fire.
Right arrow used as secondary element, but with a reduction in ATT and ATA

Basically the same as your idea http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tamashi
Jan 7, 2008, 12:37 AM
Do you honestly think Fortefighter needs a special power?

Leahcim
Jan 7, 2008, 01:17 AM
On 2008-01-06 21:37, Tamashi wrote:

This power would benefit others not the Fortefighter lol

bahk
Jan 7, 2008, 01:22 AM
On 2008-01-06 22:17, Leahcim wrote:

Sounds good in theory, to force the enemies into damaging the fighter.
But it also makes their job much easier. Enemies will line up/be forced together in an attempt to go after the fighter and they'll just slicer spam/majarra with even less effort.

Tamashi
Jan 7, 2008, 01:24 AM

It was a generalization to everyone in this thread. Yours would be excellent in changing Fortefighter but, as you can see someone else mentioned Fortefighter getting HP regeneration which would make Fortefighter broken.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tamashi on 2008-01-06 22:25 ]</font>

Laranas
Jan 7, 2008, 01:26 AM
On 2008-01-06 22:24, Tamashi wrote:

It was a generalization to everyone in this thread. Yours would be excellent in nerfing Fortefighter but, as you can see someone else mentioned Fortefighter getting HP regeneration which would make Fortefighter broken.

You must not have seen CAST regeneration in PSO then. Firstly, you need to be idle. And secondly, it heals very little hp.

Tamashi
Jan 7, 2008, 01:32 AM
For the record I played a CAST in pso. to put it simply: If you add 1 to 100( Fortefighter ) then you still have more then 75( other class ).

Finae
Jan 7, 2008, 01:39 AM
I dunno, but I want one of these for my FT. Heard it protects you from nubs and brings you a 110/15 AT with 31 buffs, giresta, reverser, resta, debuffs, and a brain (so they know how to play the class) so you don't have to play support ever again.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Hyperion594/Other/Stuff/Bullshit.jpg

Laranas
Jan 7, 2008, 01:52 AM
On 2008-01-06 22:32, Tamashi wrote:
For the record I played a CAST in pso. to put it simply: If you add 1 to 100( Fortefighter ) then you still have more then 75( other class ).I searched a bit to find an exact rate (i knew it before), but this quote from PSOW's own guides will have to do:

Hp regen is useful especially at later levels when yo ucan gain 100 hp per 20 secs or so. You have to sit still and most people prefer resta though.

Oh wow. 100 hp per 20 seconds? That's 300 hp for a minute of sitting still! Fortefighters only have thousands of hit points (my Wartecher at 83 would have nearly 2400.. since he's human, I'm sure a Beast FF would trump that stat). So let's assume that regen rate is really for "later levels" and a Beast FF has ~3000 hp. I'm just guessing here btw... but that's sitting still for 1 minute to recover 1/10 of your HP.

I just can't see how that's broken.

Quote comes from: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1313

Now compare that to the bonuses I gave other classes. Sure I'm adding "1 to 100", but it's not as if the 75's are staying that way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Laranas on 2008-01-06 22:56 ]</font>

Silver_Wyrm
Jan 7, 2008, 02:25 AM
On 2008-01-06 22:22, bahk wrote:

Sounds good in theory, to force the enemies into damaging the fighter.
But it also makes their job much easier. Enemies will line up/be forced together in an attempt to go after the fighter and they'll just slicer spam/majarra with even less effort.

and it they would be clumped for other meleers too, as well as ra- spells >.> that would make it easier on everyone, though the Ff may be busy evading/being beatup http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

and on that note, it sounds nice but I dont think it would work out too well, as if it was that simple to make enemies clump, they would die even faster than they already do now >.>