PDA

View Full Version : PSU-Item: Rapid / Firing

Leahcim
Jan 7, 2008, 08:48 AM
Who out there wishes there was a arm slot unit out there that increased bullet speed, maybe with the reduction of Accuracy...

There'd be two good things about this:

- Gunners could actually start doing great damage again
- Cast Accuracy would actually mean something! Instead of being over kill.

Examples:

Fast / Firing, Arm Slot 6*
Increases Firing rate by 33%
Decreases Ata by 50

Rapid / Firing, Arm Slot 9*
Increases Firing rate by 50%
Decreases Ata by 150

Mech / Firing, Arm Slot 12*
Increases Firing rate by 66%
Decreases Ata by 400

God / Firing, Arm Slot 15*
Increases Firing rate by 100%
Decreases Ata by 750

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2008-01-07 05:56 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2008-01-07 07:19 ]</font>

RedMussel
Jan 7, 2008, 08:50 AM
How much faster can you get without breaking the game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Leahcim
Jan 7, 2008, 08:51 AM
The faster you make it, the lower the Acc gets... should be easy ennough to balance right? and as is, Rangers do need a lil' something right?

edit, put examples in the header

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2008-01-07 05:52 ]</font>

Lyrise
Jan 7, 2008, 08:54 AM
If anything, something that raises your attack ability one way should lower something else. Some units in the client have the effect of raising shot distance at the cost of shot speed, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to have the reverse - faster firing rate for reduced distance.

Phetty
Jan 7, 2008, 08:55 AM
Theres a unit in the old PSU data called Tero / Rush. I believe it's descrip[tion was among the lines of Upgrade unit made by GRM for long range firearm support. There was another called Tero / Strengh, but that may be melee instead.

APEXi
Jan 7, 2008, 09:18 AM
sign me up for a god battle.

Rashiid
Jan 7, 2008, 09:30 AM
On 2008-01-07 05:54, Lyrise wrote:
If anything, something that raises your attack ability one way should lower something else. Some units in the client have the effect of raising shot distance at the cost of shot speed, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to have the reverse - faster firing rate for reduced distance.

Or a bunch of ATP.
Like -250.

ChyronType0
Jan 7, 2008, 10:01 AM
Whats the purpose? You may fire faster but you hit less. It seems to be a useless item. Like Rashiid said, it could work, but losing ATP would be better.

goaferboy
Jan 7, 2008, 10:17 AM
They have made acrofighters attack faster with melee weapons. I dont see why they couldnt do it with bullets too.

Leahcim
Jan 7, 2008, 10:18 AM
On 2008-01-07 07:01, ChyronType0 wrote:
Whats the purpose? You may fire faster but you hit less. It seems to be a useless item. Like Rashiid said, it could work, but losing ATP would be better.

Hit more often but do less damage whats the point? =P

As a cast or a newm Fotegunner you have a rediculous excess of ATA. The DPS will still be higher even with the ATA decrease. I'm a WT with 300 ATA only and I still hit the vast majority of the time.

Golto
Jan 7, 2008, 10:23 AM
Phetty is correct there are 2 arm units that do increase shooting speed, Tero / Rush and Hard / Rush. Funny thing is that these units acutally have bonuses to ata and atp albeit pretty small increases. ST hasn't been too generous when it comes to units being available online so we might never see these units.

Tero / Strength seems to be like a skill and bullet pp save unit at the cost of a lot of atp and ata but since its a carry-over of v1 offline data if it ever was released online it might not have as high negative stats.

chu-chu-chu
Jan 7, 2008, 10:42 AM
If only there was a weapon like a pistol but that shot more rapidly but with a bit lower acc....

If only there was a weapon like a rifle that shot more rapidly but with a bit less range....

I want a unit that allows me to shoot more quickly and be able to jump through the air to shoot a bad guy on the top of the head when i just counter and then i get to just attack with a melee of hitting the enemy with my gun right before but not unless i get to point at the enemy like the shotgun casts in dessert goliath because it is in the game data and gunners are no good unless we get these additions. and maybe we should get grenade launchers that shoot poop, photon poop.

Legendria
Jan 7, 2008, 11:13 AM
On 2008-01-07 07:42, chu-chu-chu wrote:
If only there was a weapon like a pistol but that shot more rapidly but with a bit lower acc....

If only there was a weapon like a rifle that shot more rapidly but with a bit less range....

I want a unit that allows me to shoot more quickly and be able to jump through the air to shoot a bad guy on the top of the head when i just counter and then i get to just attack with a melee of hitting the enemy with my gun right before but not unless i get to point at the enemy like the shotgun casts in dessert goliath because it is in the game data and gunners are no good unless we get these additions. and maybe we should get grenade launchers that shoot poop, photon poop.

Lol'd

Pillan
Jan 7, 2008, 11:53 AM
On 2008-01-07 07:18, Leahcim wrote:

I know what you mean man. No one wants to use Har / Quick because Sori / TECH Charge adds 380 more TP so the speed advantage is useless.

I don't see why everyone's fighting over what it should lower. I'm betting it's a small decrease to both ATP and ATA (-50 to -100 on each) in the online version.

Akaimizu
Jan 7, 2008, 11:58 AM
Actually, the support-builds love their Har/Quick to death.

Rashiid
Jan 7, 2008, 12:17 PM
I don't know a single FT that doesn't use a Xxx / Quick unit.

pikachief
Jan 7, 2008, 12:21 PM
On 2008-01-07 08:53, Pillan wrote:

On 2008-01-07 07:18, Leahcim wrote:

I know what you mean man. No one wants to use Har / Quick because Sori / TECH Charge adds 380 more TP so the speed advantage is useless.

I don't see why everyone's fighting over what it should lower. I'm betting it's a small decrease to both ATP and ATA (-50 to -100 on each) in the online version.

lol har / quicks make u less open to attacks which is y they LOVE them so much.

When u take so long to cast an enemy can jsut run up to us and knock u down while casting.

Personally, i'd sacrifice my damage for safety http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Akaimizu
Jan 7, 2008, 12:50 PM
Also Har/Quicks fight the biggest and most terrible monster any online game could have.

Lag.

In fact, that monster does more damage to characters and the party than any monster ST could ever program.

Leahcim
Jan 7, 2008, 12:52 PM
There's a melee Speed booster? =O

Lol, imagine an Acrofighter with one of those! XD

MSAksion
Jan 7, 2008, 02:50 PM
Me Concentrate - Tech Speed DOWN + 80TP Up.
Me Quick - Tech Speed UP slightly -30TP Down.
Har Quick - TECH Speed UP Significantly -100TP Down.

SO if we used the TECH model for Shooting Guns...

Tero Concentrate - Shooting Speed DOWN + 80ATP Up.
Tero Quick - Shooting Speed UP slightly -30ATP Down. Down.
Cati Quick - Shooting Speed UP Significantly -100ATP Down.

...Imaging giving a Cati Quick to a Guntecher spamming level 3 Status Crossbows =Q.........

Ken_Silver
Jan 7, 2008, 02:52 PM
I'm in favor of the Rapid / Firing slots if ST made any. No one can say they're unbalanced and if shooting faster is the desired result, then you'd have that result. I'd just beware of using a machine gun with that equipped. You'd be out of PP as soon as you decided to shoot. Imagine facing a group of -gunners with that equipped. They'd wipe the pants off of your average melee fighter. And even Dark Faltz or whoever it is in PSU *bad with names* would think twice about under-estimating -gunners. I maybe a WT, but I'm in favor of seeing the gunner classes get something uber cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Akaimizu
Jan 7, 2008, 02:57 PM
On 2008-01-07 11:50, MSAksion wrote:
...Imaging giving a Cati Quick to a Guntecher spamming level 3 Status Crossbows =Q.........

That alone, might be enough to destroy the use of their traps. Heh heh. Perhaps some major thought would have to be put on the limitations of such speed-up gear.

PALRAPPYS
Jan 7, 2008, 03:28 PM
I like this idea. Along with a Melee speed increasing unit, that'd be nice. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Then every class has the best speed possible. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Also PA cap up would be nice. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Skill / Up
Adds 10 Skill PA levels to your classes current cap. Cannot exceed over 50.
-50ATP -30ATA

Bullet / Up
Adds 10 Bullet PA levels to your classes current cap. Cannot exceed over 50.
-30ATP -70ATA

TECHNIC / Up
Adds 10 Attack TECHNIC levels to your classes current cap. Cannot exceed over 50.
-100 TECH

Support / Up
Adds 10 Support TECHNIC levels to your classes current cap. Cannot exceed over 50.
-100 TECH

TECHNIC / Up S
Adds 10 Attack and Support TECHNIC levels to your classes current cap. Cannot exceed over 50.
-150 TECH

I'd love if these were real and came out as Extra slots. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

mvffin
Jan 7, 2008, 03:37 PM
i'm pretty sure pillan was being sarcastic. EVERYONE uses Har/quick, or at least me/quick. FT, AT, WT.

daniel_drago
Jan 7, 2008, 03:39 PM
On 2008-01-07 12:28, PALRAPPYS wrote:
I like this idea. Along with a Melee speed increasing unit, that'd be nice. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Then every class has the best speed possible. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Also PA cap up would be nice. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Skill / Up
-50ATP -30ATA

Bullet / Up
-30ATP -70ATA

TECHNIC / Up
Adds 10 Attack TECHNIC levels to your classes current cap. Cannot exceed over 50.
-100 TECH

Support / Up
Adds 10 Support TECHNIC levels to your classes current cap. Cannot exceed over 50.
-100 TECH

TECHNIC / Up S
Adds 10 Attack and Support TECHNIC levels to your classes current cap. Cannot exceed over 50.
-150 TECH

I'd love if these were real and came out as Extra slots. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

wtf lad 10 lvls and ude only take 50 ATP....more like a good 150+ at least
they'd make it balance so you would be losing quite a lot of power but the fact that you can learn those extra levels the % would prolly boost ur attack higher than wat it was with normal ATP and -10lvls but your basic atacks would be laughable http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
and i dont see +10 pa lvls +5 maybe but not 10

Golto
Jan 7, 2008, 04:08 PM
Another funny thing the unreleased arm units with /Concentrate in them increases bullet range. There are not any arm units in AOI and v1 that decreases bullet speed.

Akaimizu
Jan 7, 2008, 04:19 PM
Woah. Bullet range. Hmm. That's actually quite a nice addition, indeed. However, I can see why they might be hesitant to release that. Probably not enough situations to truly take advantage of it without making almost every gun hit everything.

Dragwind
Jan 7, 2008, 06:53 PM
This would be pretty neat.

Golto
Jan 7, 2008, 07:13 PM
We can hope that they will release the range increase units because one is 10* and there's a lacking of s rank units online.

RemiusTA
Jan 7, 2008, 08:07 PM

HAY LETS BREAK THIS GAME LIKE THEY BROKE PSO

Skill / Up
-50ATP -30ATA

Bullet / Up
-30ATP -70ATA

TECHNIC / Up
-100 TECH

Support / Up
-100 TECH

TECHNIC / Up S
-150 TECH

ROFL fuck no

Why do classes exist again?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-01-07 17:10 ]</font>

PALRAPPYS
Jan 7, 2008, 08:52 PM
On 2008-01-07 17:07, RemiusTA wrote:

Skill / Up
-50ATP -30ATA

Bullet / Up
-30ATP -70ATA

TECHNIC / Up
-100 TECH

Support / Up
-100 TECH

TECHNIC / Up S
-150 TECH

ROFL fuck no

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-01-07 17:10 ]</font>

Please explain how exactly it'd kill classes. Only one could be equipped at a time after all. State a good reason and then I'll understand.

AC9breaker
Jan 7, 2008, 09:33 PM
I guess Machine gun glitch isn't fast enough for you guys?

I don't see why people would want potentially game breaking items such as these. I mean the game is easy enough as it is. What more do you guys want? 1000 virgins who play the game for you and, polish your pole, while feeding you grapes?

Hank
Jan 7, 2008, 11:47 PM
I guess its good for those who are leveling bullets

AC9breaker
Jan 8, 2008, 12:23 AM
As I recall there where already AFK bullet leveling techniques. I somewhat remember something along the lines of it being posted in the Gameplay and Strategy area of the message boards.

Leahcim
Jan 8, 2008, 03:42 AM
On 2008-01-07 18:33, AC9breaker wrote:

I don't see why people would want potentially game breaking items such as these. I mean the game is easy enough as it is. What more do you guys want? 1000 virgins who play the game for you and, polish your pole, while feeding you grapes?

Fail to to see how it would brake the game anymore then its already broken [spoiler-box]First Slicer PA + Just Attack = Game broken (already!)[/spoiler-box]

AC9breaker
Jan 8, 2008, 07:31 AM
On 2008-01-08 00:42, Leahcim wrote:

I don't understand how using these oily rags to try and put out the fire would have burned the house down faster!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Rashiid
Jan 8, 2008, 09:12 AM
Nonetheless, last thing we need is a melee/bullet speed unit.
Unlike skills/bullets, technic's casting speed get worse and worse as they increase from 1-11,12-21,22-30, 31+ etc etc.

Leahcim
Jan 8, 2008, 09:38 AM
On 2008-01-08 04:31, AC9breaker wrote:

On 2008-01-08 00:42, Leahcim wrote:

I don't understand how using these oily rags to try and put out the fire would have burned the house down faster!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Don't Change what I said, that's just rude.

Rashiid
Jan 8, 2008, 09:42 AM
He never changed anything. He just used Google Translator and asked for "English to What he really means is...."

Leahcim
Jan 8, 2008, 09:49 AM
The English I used should have been simple to understand.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2008-01-08 06:51 ]</font>

Rashiid
Jan 8, 2008, 09:57 AM
Well, for one, Brake is something you use to stop. Break is something you do to an item to destroy or damage it.
For two, (lololol), you're asking for a unit to make that slicer even faster, thus, contradiction.

Leahcim
Jan 8, 2008, 10:06 AM
No, I never was asking for melee speed boost in the opening paragraph.

This Topic was intended only for ranged weaponry.

The2dCour
Jan 8, 2008, 10:26 AM
All I really wanted for Christmas was to be able to shoot Boma Duranga even faster so I have no chance to heal myself or have others save me.
Honestly, I would only use this for "leveling bullets" and I don't level bullets, I just play the game. The only way I'd ever use something like this on a regular basis was if it went in the head slot, which would seem to be pretty broken considering -only- tech related things go in the head slot.
Actually I take it back I'd use it all the time on bosses with Boma Duranga just to drive Rukia nuts.

Rashiid
Jan 8, 2008, 12:20 PM
Decreases Ata by 750
If this is the case, tell me the point of this unit, because if you are not fortegunner, then this would possibly make any other classes ATA not only 0, but negative.
Only way this unit would ever be useful is losing ATP, and a mass amount too.

Atleast / Quick units are useful for any teching class.
This would be for fortegunner and fortegunner only, and they are spoiled enough as an easy ass class.

Akaimizu
Jan 8, 2008, 12:25 PM
Heck, if they dropped the ATP by 100, it would be kind of useless to non Fortegunner classes, as well. Losing the 100 ATP is no where near as balanced as losing the 100 TP a har/quick unit does. It takes forever and a day of upgrades and quite a few stars of weapon improvements to even see an increase of 100 ATP. Getting a new wand with a couple hundred or more extra TP is easy as sin.

Still, there are cases in which such a fundamental unit is rather unbalanced. A couple of them were recently illustrated. And in one case, unbalanced to themselves. (The SE case, where xbows would be pushed to an SE level that would remove the need for traps, for them, entirely. Especially since all -but one rather useless effect- is not in bullets).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-08 09:28 ]</font>

Aviendha
Jan 8, 2008, 12:33 PM
On 2008-01-07 17:52, PALRAPPYS wrote:

On 2008-01-07 17:07, RemiusTA wrote:

Skill / Up
-50ATP -30ATA

Bullet / Up
-30ATP -70ATA

TECHNIC / Up
-100 TECH

Support / Up
-100 TECH

TECHNIC / Up S
-150 TECH

ROFL fuck no

Please explain how exactly it'd kill classes. Only one could be equipped at a time after all. State a good reason and then I'll understand.

Technique Up S should be +10 Attack -10 Support, and you should add a Support UP S for +10 Support -10 Attack.

Lineek
Jan 8, 2008, 12:40 PM
Use a mech gun?
Maybe?

amtalx
Jan 8, 2008, 01:31 PM
On 2008-01-07 05:48, Leahcim wrote:
Decreases Ata by 750

Haha, double speed zeroes! Even Cast fGs wouldn't get far with this.

desturel
Jan 8, 2008, 03:37 PM
On 2008-01-08 09:25, Akaimizu wrote:
Especially since all -but one rather useless effect- is not in bullets).

Which status effect isn't in bullets?

Rifles have:
Burn
Freeze
Shock
Silence
Confuse
Virus
Incapacitate
Sleep

Shotguns have:
Attack and Agility down

Twin handguns have:
Defense down

Bows have:
Stun and knockback (although that PA is slow as dirt and pretty much useless)

Mechgun has:
knockback (better source than the bow, but only "from behind")

Shadoogs have:
Poison
and
Stun (a better source of stun than the bow)

Is there some status I'm forgetting about?

Weeaboolits
Jan 8, 2008, 03:53 PM
Shotguns have Charm too.

Akaimizu
Jan 8, 2008, 06:58 PM
My bad. I typed that wrong. I meant bullets had all effects save for one. That supports the rest of my text much better. My only miscalculation was that I missed out that Shadoogs have poison. I never really counted that as a gun, only because you don't control it of have the ability to swap elements once made. But yeah, they do count as a bullet. Just never considered that shadoogs would get the upgrade.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-08 15:59 ]</font>

RemiusTA
Jan 8, 2008, 07:16 PM
One good Reason why it would break the classes? Are you BLIND?

The limitations are set for delicate reasons. A skill PA cap at 20 is a BIG difference from a skill cap at 30. That goes for bullets too, and DEFINATELY technics.

So, why do you play a fortecher when you can play an Acrotecher with lvl 40 support AND attack technics with far quicker speed and far higher durability? The power difference will stop mattering so much after the technic % kicks in.

Then there are the hunter classes who woul....

...Why am i carrying on. Its just a stupid idea.

Wizard/Techniques and God/Techniques made it far too easy to get high magic in PSO, espically since you could easily get one for 1 or 2 photon drops from a pro/hacker who had 50 million of them. If that wasnt bad enough, MAGs made it far too easy to level as well.

Units that increase attack/cast speed or Attack TARGETS or hitboxes would be a far better item to have as an extra unit instead of class rule-breaking crap like that. And even when you do, you cant have them hitting 4 and 5+ extra targets. An extra hitbox would cause enough balance problems as it is, when people start complaining when Fortefighters' axe PA's and Fortecher Dam. Spells are raping stuff too quickly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-01-08 16:18 ]</font>

Leahcim
Jan 8, 2008, 07:44 PM
On 2008-01-08 10:31, amtalx wrote:

On 2008-01-07 05:48, Leahcim wrote:
Decreases Ata by 750

Haha, double speed zeroes! Even Cast fGs wouldn't get far with this.

I ment this Item to be used by a very late-game player (ie: lvl 200/30 or something like that)

though, atm the max ATA is with a Cast 110/15 fG. With 947 Base ATA. With an A rnak Rifle having around 200 ATA... You'd still end up with ~400 ata after the deduction. But like I said, this item would be intended for a much later game character