PDA

View Full Version : We should be able to equip a weapon twice......

Nuclearranger
Jan 7, 2008, 11:46 AM
Im not saying multi equip or anything but seriously say you have ...

6 Mechguns/Handguns/Shadoogs*I think they are left handed* and one light saber.

You should be able to have all 6 mechs on your pallet and the ONE saber next to all of them... Its not like it would overpower anyone or anything its just more conveinent.

chaostroop3
Jan 7, 2008, 11:47 AM
heeeemmmmmm not a bad idea =]

Akaimizu
Jan 7, 2008, 11:53 AM
Interesting. That would make the pallette more like the *Weaponsets* use in games like Guild Wars. I think that's a very interesting idea considering it's still the same weapon with the same pool of energy. Be much better than having to switch the same sword over to another. Would be a bit of programming to do it, but I don't see that as a bad idea, up front.

The only thing bad about it, considering our current system, is that it would make things very confusing for the user. They may need to utilize another indicator or something so you know which weapon is being used in which slot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-07 08:55 ]</font>

Nuclearranger
Jan 7, 2008, 11:59 AM
I just dont like carrying around so many things... my base invintory without any extra things is right around 37/60

amtalx
Jan 7, 2008, 12:13 PM
37/60 eh? Welcome to being a gunner. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Akaimizu
Jan 7, 2008, 12:17 PM
Well, Fighter classes are typically stuck with that as well. They gotta carry one for each element. It adds up quickly if they do that for all their weapons they're able to utilize.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-07 09:18 ]</font>

pikachief
Jan 7, 2008, 12:19 PM
as FG i usually only carry around 7-9 guns on me at once http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif lol and i dont use mechguns unless im soloing. I personally dont even like mechguns in this game lol.

its all about the Shotty, Xbow, and twin handguns!

Akaimizu
Jan 7, 2008, 12:27 PM
For me, I usually carry around. Consider I'm a support-build GT.

2 Crossbows
3 Twin Handguns
1 Rifle
3 Bows
1 Laser Cannon
3 Wands
1 Technic Mag
3 slots of G-traps at a time (5 each slot)

And these are basically what I keep to ensure that I can handle the situations that I'm built to handle in a group. Fast access to Support spells, as many usable G-traps I can get, in the level, and a full range of guns. The amount of off-pallette equipment is twofold. Even with Bullet/Save, it's sometimes nice to have the extra pool of energy sitting around, but even more useful is that it's faster to swap in another weapon (with high PP) than to go through the process of swapping elements on the same weapon that already used up plenty of PP. I find having more Bows and a spare twin handgun to be the most beneficial.

The Laser Cannon was mostly for Mayalee Prism. It entered my inventory pre-expansion, to give me the monster-herding control that I was previously missing. And also a bit of extra ability to stop high damaging Tech lobbers who both are resistant to gun-delivered SEs or when Traps are gone or they're too dangerous for a trap run(if you play a class with low DFP/MST/and EVD post expansion, you'll know the times you better not run in trying to lay traps). Believe me, traps run out quickly when generally you have only a specific trap that's good against key enemies and you have only 5 of them.

Of course, with my build. Every slot is uniquely needed and thus this weapon solution wouldn't help me as much as it would others. I can see how it would be a nice feature for other builds, though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-07 09:56 ]</font>

Anatra
Jan 7, 2008, 12:51 PM
or if you're a fighter you CAN have the option to just carry neutral weapons

Akaimizu
Jan 7, 2008, 12:57 PM
Not if you ask anybody here, that. They can't stand to carry Neutral weapons. They are teh suck. Consider it a peer-pressure thing.

Kion
Jan 7, 2008, 01:31 PM
Neutral weapons are just as good as any other weapons unless you have a really high percent (with the new synthing is pretty much garanteed for melee now). But even if you have a 50% it might as well be neutral if you're not using it on the right enemy. I'd rather see a green weapon than a noob pull out a 50% light brand and start wacking a koltova, or going after a jarba with ragnus. Also if you're using a weapon situationally for knock downs or something, then it's whatever gets the job done; you can switch weapons for damage.

And the pallet system could definately use several improvements. Being able to use the same weapon in multiple spaces is a good idea even if it only saves a few spaces in inventory. I'd really like to see the option of being able to have more spaces, a separate pallet for traps, quick swapping PA's, and some way to quickly change armor and units.

edit: and oh yeah, being able to use one handed weapons on either hand would rock. twin mechguns, saber dagger combo, shadoog + crossbow. there are alot of very cool weapon combos that could result.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2008-01-07 10:32 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jan 7, 2008, 01:37 PM
A shadoog + crossbow combo would be insane in the membrane. I'm not sure I'm ready for that kind of power.

Ken_Silver
Jan 7, 2008, 01:44 PM
i agree with the ideas of this thread. As a WT, most of my inventory is filled with weapons and that equates to many trips to my room to drop off stuff and such. Plus since I have to carry multiple Wands, Cards and melee weapons, those slots add up. The only other way that ST could solve this problem would be to allow Guardians to buy an item which allows them to carry more items (the equivalent of a Nanotransformer EX... I think)

For example, the maximum capacity number of items that you could carry would go from 60 to 80. That would help out on that issue. And even though we can deliver items back to our rooms after the AOI missions, the common box gets full quickly too.

Akaimizu
Jan 7, 2008, 01:46 PM
The Common box only carries a small amount of items. Having pack mule characters just to throw items at, is a necessity now. Even if it is less than convenient.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-07 10:46 ]</font>

guise709
Jan 7, 2008, 07:47 PM
oh yea? Well its sega so dont count on it.

Jasam
Jan 7, 2008, 08:00 PM
Being able to send items back will help a lot for non-stackables, or one off Mats.

But other then that, take less stuff, and go to ya room to change weapons instead if ya changing planet or the like.

HaydenX
Jan 7, 2008, 09:00 PM
As an AF, I carry A full pallette +.

At any given time I carry:

Sanzu-Hiken light
Shura-hiken ground
A couple of Fuma-hikens (ice and Dark)
9* tenora twin-claw (ground)
8* tenora single claw (ground)
fire Graldike
Card Regas (insei or yousei-shiki both at lvl 22).
Ageha-kikami
Dark Strauss (Dark)
Crimson (fire...duh)
Viper (ice hit...Saving up for mayalee hit).

PALRAPPYS
Jan 7, 2008, 09:33 PM
I say we get 8 full palette spaces. I'd love Sega until they gave up PSU. Heh, j/k, I'd love it though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Even as an AT my 6 spots is nowhere near enough. :/