PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC/PS2: It's dead, Jim.

Blue-Hawk
Jan 7, 2008, 12:16 PM
That's how it feels about the PSU community. Since I first signed on last month, I felt like I decided to pay $10 a month for the same game that I could have been playing offline. Yes, I have met a few people and traded soe cards, but no one ever calls upon me for a team. No one really joins open games. I know I can't run S2 yet but trying to level to 60 is annoying and boring.

I mean, don't get me wrong. This was a nice little stopover for now. Untill March, that is, when Age of Conan is released. But I'll still TRY to play this online.

Or maybe as close to online as it feels running open with NPC's and no one else joining. And that's in uni 2! Uni 15, I never see a single game running.

I know what you are going to say. First I bitched about not being able to get online and now I'm bitching about the state of the online community, or lack there of.

I don't know. MAybe I'm just used to GW and the mass ammounts of people I saw on all the time, making teams and even using a little thing called strategy. I miss making builds for my charatcers that work. PSU seems to be lacking that.

I know, I can go back to GW but I quit that after almost 3 years. And I know it's a different type of game too.

Please, lets get this community back on it's feet before everyone quits and the 360 is the only one left.

That and lets all go and blow up the WoW servers to get people off that horrid PoS. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Hey, it couldn't hurt.

Reipard
Jan 7, 2008, 02:59 PM
The problem is the hotspot mentality we have going where everyone will rush to the newest or most rewarding area, which will unfortunately happen nomatter what MMO you go to. It's just bad here because most other MMOs have a larger community which means a larger concentration of people outside the hotspots.

You'll find it a lot easier to find people by going to White Beast at the moment. Which really sucks, but what else can you do? :

panzer_unit
Jan 7, 2008, 03:48 PM
Regardless of how many people it looks like we have, the population's been completely stable (if not growing slightly) for the last 8 months, and 4 1/2 stars is as much as 1/3 the population we had after the original launch. We didn't really start out with a whole ton of people, but anyone who was going to leave has done so already... you can lose any notions about how the whole thing is going to fizzle out "sometime soon".

There's an event starting on Friday. You'll see TONS of people in the lobby for that, the game's really busy when everyone gets crammed into one place... like for 1up you couldn't find a universe with a quiet Club lobby some days.

TetsuyaHikari
Jan 7, 2008, 07:43 PM
The club was fine and all, but..that also brought in TONS of spamming. More so than we had before the 1UP event. It was ridiculous. I couldn't even find the names of some characters that were wanting to join my party, because people were spamming so much.

Besides..the event isn't the game. It's only part of it. So, once that event is over, then people will start crowding around the hotspot again. If you're going to just rely on some events and lack of decent parties just so you can play online mode, then I'd just stay offline.

CelestialBlade
Jan 8, 2008, 12:18 AM
Sega needs to advertise if they ever expect their community to grow. They need to stop and think why WoW and GW are so big, if that's even what they were going for.

Chaosgyro
Jan 8, 2008, 08:00 AM
Point of fact: WoW was huge long before they had TV commercials. The ads just made them...huger. People flocked to WoW because of two things: 1. developer reputation and 2. word of mouth (in which I count MMO-based gaming sites). The ads were icing on the cake and an indication of its popularity, not the root cause.

We simply have to face that SEGA has zero or negative reputation, and that most talk spread about this game is bad. Those of us who like it tend to just talk amongst ourselves. Imagine your friend walking up and saying, "Hey that new (insert movie title) really sucks ass". Later that day you saw a commercial touting that same movie and saying it was from the same team that brought you Waterworld and Hudson Hawk*. Would that commercial make you suddenly want to go watch it? Unless you're looking for something to go laugh at I can only imagine the answer is no.

*movies chosen because neither is as bad as they seem, but the general public's image of them is 'trash that no one watched and lost a lot of money' (I.E. the Saturn and Dreamcast)

Weeaboolits
Jan 9, 2008, 02:28 PM
They need to advertise, particularly the improvements made, in hopes of bringing back those who left.

Kylie
Jan 9, 2008, 02:33 PM
I'd love to see a full universe again, but it's indeed distant. I'd say that you have to be a friend to make some or something, but... I know it's hard. Personally, most of the people I like are hard to find and usually already attached to a group, and lots of randoms or people that don't play with a regular group prefer not to, or they gravitate near hot spots. I do have a fairly stable group of friends currently, but I've been where you are. Keep trying is all I have to offer. Quit if it comes down to it, I guess.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lorelei on 2008-01-09 11:39 ]</font>

Ithildin
Jan 12, 2008, 08:40 AM
I'll continue to play on the pc so long as my friends do, nuff said...

MrNomad
Jan 12, 2008, 11:16 AM
On 2008-01-12 05:40, Ithildin wrote:
I'll continue to play on the pc so long as my friends do, nuff said...