PDA

View Full Version : Legsless vs. Orpad/Guard

kyle21
Jan 7, 2008, 12:24 PM
Which do you think is better? I need some opinions...

pikachief
Jan 7, 2008, 12:25 PM
i think legless rainbow, or any rainbow unit, is the dumest waste of money and hutning time in this game, idk y their even in here and i laugh at people when they buy them lol

but looking at it in a technical stand-point from this games mechanics i'd rather take the legless over the other. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rashiid
Jan 7, 2008, 12:27 PM
25mil+ for a unit.....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Pillan
Jan 7, 2008, 12:29 PM
Unless your DFP is over 667 (or 889 after the element nerf), Orpa / Guard is better. The main advantages Legless / Rainbow is that it also lowers EVP and works on A rank armor, which you can spam synth to higher element percentages anyway.

pikachief
Jan 7, 2008, 12:29 PM
On 2008-01-07 09:27, Rashiid wrote:
25mil+ for a unit.....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

lol a unit that increases your percetn too!

OMG NOW I CAN GET HURT EVER MORE AGAINST THIS MONSTER!! DUR HUR!

oh but i take liek 20 less damage from this one! AND ONLY THIS ONE!!! me legless ess so smart

amtalx
Jan 7, 2008, 12:36 PM
I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you on that one. 18% is a lot more than 20 damage. The difference between a 22% armor and a 40% armor is millions for a reason.

Xaeris
Jan 7, 2008, 12:46 PM
Neither. Resist units for the win.

Pillan
Jan 7, 2008, 12:47 PM
And that reason is rarity.

Just spam synth until you have an 18% difference in the armor values and prove it to yourself. My 30% Stormlines only take around 30 more damage than my 40+% Cardia-senbas.

kyle21
Jan 7, 2008, 12:48 PM
lol pikachief.

The advantage I see with the Legsless is when you already have a high % armor, say 30%+... You can easily get a 50%+ armor.

But that is another good point that the Guard will boost overall DFP but Legsless will only boost ele % for that armor. So Legsless would really be handy for Mother Brain and White Beasts and such... but with multi ele enemies it might be better to use the Guard. hmm..

Xefi
Jan 7, 2008, 12:55 PM
i like legsless/rainbow more on my fortefighter because it lowers EVA. As a fortefighter, to me, having more EVA is a curse. :S

kyle21
Jan 7, 2008, 12:58 PM
On 2008-01-07 09:55, RubySion wrote:
i like legsless/rainbow more on my fortefighter because it lowers EVA. As a fortefighter, to me, having more EVA is a curse. :S

Oh that's another good point. Using Legsless on an AF there is almost no difference in EVA because AF has over 800 anyways, so that could be an advantage. (Male Human)

CelestialBlade
Jan 7, 2008, 02:24 PM
Arguing that any Rainbow unit is worthless just because it's situational is like saying elemental line shields are worthless. That's ridiculous. Orpad/Guard may be more well-rounded, but elemental percent still means more than DFP.

It depends on your play style. You can be well-rounded for every situation and go for DFP, or specialize and be at your max. potential for any given area (not hard to find armor of every element) and go with the Rainbow unit.

KyEmo
Jan 7, 2008, 02:29 PM
I prefer Resist Units.

McLaughlin
Jan 7, 2008, 02:45 PM
On 2008-01-07 09:46, Xaeris wrote:
Neither. Resist units for the win.

bp_shoruko
Jan 7, 2008, 05:06 PM
cast my vote for resist units...enemies that can inflict debilitating status effects are far more common than they were in v1..

darkfalz16
Jan 7, 2008, 05:38 PM
um i had guard and i only took 30 dmg less than when i didnt have guard so gueard doesnt rly hlp that much i like resist units more

XDeathX
Jan 7, 2008, 05:47 PM
Orpad for Nuetral and Rainbow for Element and Resist FTW!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeathX on 2008-01-07 14:48 ]</font>

gambit04
Jan 7, 2008, 07:04 PM
Here is the order imo

1.Resists - SE's are troublesome and having a couple of resist units on hand is nice to avoid freeze, stun, and sleep effects.

2.Rainbow - Good for me I'm FF atm especially if it is legless I hate blocking plus I have a high % armor for any mission anymore this just makes it better.

3.Guard - I have enough DFP this isn't much of an improvment really.

Don't forget units may change according to your class...

pikachief
Jan 7, 2008, 07:17 PM
On 2008-01-07 09:48, kyle21 wrote:
lol pikachief.

The advantage I see with the Legsless is when you already have a high % armor, say 30%+... You can easily get a 50%+ armor.

But that is another good point that the Guard will boost overall DFP but Legsless will only boost ele % for that armor. So Legsless would really be handy for Mother Brain and White Beasts and such... but with multi ele enemies it might be better to use the Guard. hmm..

it was a joke i've never ever been able to suceed at an armor without it being stolen by the person who makes it for me, and i've never been able to aford a good armor. thus i could care less if i was wearing a 50% light armor to the hive.

kyle21
Jan 7, 2008, 07:42 PM
awww. :/

EngelBlut
Jan 7, 2008, 11:20 PM
On 2008-01-07 16:17, pikachief wrote:

On 2008-01-07 09:48, kyle21 wrote:
lol pikachief.

it was a joke i've never ever been able to suceed at an armor without it being stolen by the person who makes it for me, and i've never been able to aford a good armor. thus i could care less if i was wearing a 50% light armor to the hive.

im sorry for you... but if you have an S rank armor i say get the guard if not wait for max attack and get the guard

tailz
Jan 7, 2008, 11:59 PM
orpad / guard is the human of defensive units http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
good at everything, not the best at anything

neutral - guard
one element run - legless
two element run - legless / 2 armors
three elements+ - guard - or be in the mood to bring multiple armors and switch a lot

AC9breaker
Jan 8, 2008, 12:25 AM
On a somewhat related note, does anyone klnow if any of the Orpa units get a boost or there is some kind of effect or something when paired with an Orpa-Senba?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC9breaker on 2008-01-07 21:26 ]</font>

AlphaDragoon
Jan 8, 2008, 12:48 AM
Resist units = teh suck.

When they release the unit that's like State / Maintenance in PSO = win.

Chaobo99
Jan 8, 2008, 01:27 AM
Well..maybe some people want for magic defense(ele.per. helps that too ^-^)

Finae
Jan 8, 2008, 01:42 AM
Lol @ pika. Those were kinda nub comments if you ask me unless you've actually went out and tested these things.

I have had orpad guard and I did not see a big difference between that and no orpad guard at all. I was so disapointed by it that I sold my 2x orpad guards for overpriced prices (oh gee and you think 20 mil for a legsless rainbow is high, try 50 mil for orpad, feel sorry for nub who bought that from me) and just either had mega/rainbow on or resist unit back then. Even that and the mega rainbow wasn't a huge difference.

Now against neutral mobs, orpad has the edge, but it still don't help, esp if you are a glass cannon FT. Still get wtfpwned. If you are neutral armor user, orpad is god.

Now legsless/rainbow. I came across one of these and I have to say I love it. Who the hell is gonna be nub and equip fire armor when mob is ice and take all the dmg for example? What a nub? I guess you'er right, but thats their own stupidity. People know how to switch armor you know so they don't take the additional dmg. While I cannot take in account specific and accurate dmg differences, I will say I see a difference as my FT went from taking hits from the mobs that can cause sleep on ya with her 44% light hiragi to 0 with it on. I can do tech leveling on LL S/S2 at ease since I have 68% ele dfp and the mobs do zippity to me. Yup, I'm sure orpad/guard gonna whoop azz there.

The -50 evp does wonders like others have mentioned. I'm not trying to be a evasion whore unless its on my newman AF/AT. You want evp decrease? This is the best way to do it for now.

Oh and guard is a s rank unit. Why the hell am I'm gonna use that with a 26% s rank armor when I have 50% a rank armor for example? Thus this makes that and the legsless/rainbow better than the guard considering you have the right elemental armor for that mission. What? You say the orpad + 26% s rank armor would be better? Lmao, don't make me laugh. Yeah, I'm still one of those ele % believers so call me what you want, but hey, something that gives me -50 evp? I will sure as hell take anytime, anyday.

Anyways, my point was stop being nub and go out and try these things first before assumin stuff b/c you make yourself look stupid when you post. When the rest of the s rank units come out, I'll start using s rank armor full time, but other than that, A rank for now because what is the point of s rank armor again? Cast will have great use for it once that s rank suv comes though. So for now, I say legsless rainbow is better which is MY opinion.

pikachief
Jan 8, 2008, 01:44 AM
yea they were purposely nub comments http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

On 2008-01-07 21:48, AlphaDragoon wrote:
Resist units = teh suck.

When they release the unit that's like State / Maintenance in PSO = win.

also there is a unit called Cati / maintenance. im sure it the exact same thing. Protects against all status effects. its 9* i beleive... i could be wrong though

mvffin
Jan 8, 2008, 02:04 AM
On 2008-01-07 21:25, AC9breaker wrote:
On a somewhat related note, does anyone klnow if any of the Orpa units get a boost or there is some kind of effect or something when paired with an Orpa-Senba?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC9breaker on 2008-01-07 21:26 ]</font>

i dont think units work that way. sori tech charge doesn't get a boost with sori senba, nor HPC with hard line, or so on. orpa just signifies that the item is 10*, cati for 9*, sori/solid for 8*, har/hard for 7*, and so on.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 8, 2008, 02:11 AM
here's and idea, they work on techs too. Megids resist is not out yet.