PDA

View Full Version : Machinegun+Att.=Does it Matter?

All-Mighty
Jan 7, 2008, 02:16 PM
Does the Att. of a Maghingun dramaticly change the damage a lv40 bullet hits on creatures?
If I went from a Vulcanic to a Drumline would it be a large damage difference?

Pillan
Jan 7, 2008, 02:25 PM
Basically, divide the ATP difference by 2 to see how much damage per bullet is added. Of course, you have to multiply that number by 3.3 or so to get the damage/second advantage. The major advantage of the lower PP machineguns is the additional ATA, but, as we all know, ATA matters less and less the closer you get to the enemy's strength.

It depends on how often you plan to use mechs. If you want to use them a lot, get a Vulcanic. If you want to use them every once a while, a Guin is probably your best option.

panzer_unit
Jan 7, 2008, 02:32 PM
IMO mechgun stats matter so little once your character's out of the single-digit levels that you may as well pick strictly on looks... worst comes to worst, you need to get a good grind on it for a usable PP capacity.

Dragwind
Jan 7, 2008, 06:55 PM
I prefer Beam Vulcanics myself. The higher PP imo greatly outweighs the miniscule att loss.

I-am-Evan
Jan 7, 2008, 07:27 PM
I prefer muzzlefever

Golto
Jan 7, 2008, 07:34 PM
PP is the most important stat for machineguns. Beam Vulcanic has more PP than the non-kubara versions of the 10* and 11* machineguns and is a lot easier to get a decent number of.