PDA

View Full Version : Time Friendly?

Else
Jan 8, 2008, 03:12 PM
I'm extremely interested in playing this game, but had a question about how 'time friendly' this game is? How long does it take to get to the level cap solo? I'm a college student + I have a boyfriend I live with. I would only have a few hours a day to play.. :S

beatrixkiddo
Jan 8, 2008, 03:18 PM
You wouldn't cap any time remotely soon, but you might have fun still. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

There's an offline mode if all you would be doing is soloing and that interests you.

amtalx
Jan 8, 2008, 03:20 PM
With the new event coming up that has a HEUG EXP modifier you could probably get to the cap in...20 minutes maybe?

pikachief
Jan 8, 2008, 03:20 PM
if u are playing online and join soon were getting a special event with nice experience that could get u close to the cap in 3 weeks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Itchee
Jan 8, 2008, 03:21 PM
If you're only playing in short, intermittent bursts (as am I), you will have enough content to last you for quite a while. The problem comes when ppl play PSU to death, then complain of boredom. A few hours a day is about perfect for this game.

Danger_Girl
Jan 8, 2008, 03:22 PM
This game is one hell of a time sink, although having said that, it's not the kind of game where you're required to dedicate a large block of time to progress. A few hours a day is plenty of time. In fact, if you're looking for an online game where you can't dedicate a good portion of your existence to it, PSU is a very good choice.

progressing solo would be kind of slow, but not futile. I would suggest joining group games, at least in the early going.

If you're going to be joining PC/PS2, let me know and I'll help you out.

Else
Jan 8, 2008, 03:30 PM
When does this event start? And last until? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Itchee
Jan 8, 2008, 03:35 PM
1/11 - 1/31....they usually add one every few months.

Jasam
Jan 8, 2008, 03:38 PM
A few hours a day would alow you to progress at a reasonable rate. Getting "TEH MAX" takes a bit more time, but it's not really nessassary AT ALL in PSU.

Noblewine
Jan 8, 2008, 03:48 PM
If maxing out your character is the only reason then you'll miss out in the fun stuff that's available online.

Tita
Jan 8, 2008, 04:04 PM
yes, come play! i started in my senior year of college and leveled up quite decently in spite of all my responsibilities, without any special events. i only play about 2-3 times a week these days, and it doesn't interfere with anything i normally do. PSU is definetly an mmo for the busier gamer.

you'll do fine, and i'd be glad to help you out if you're on the PC/PS2 servers. get your boyfriend on it too (mine is!)

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Oniko
Jan 8, 2008, 04:59 PM
PSU is far from the major time sink of the modern MMO world. Certainly it has many things that take a lot of investment(or a lot of luck) to acquire, but they do not require you force yourself to the point of pulling all nighters for a shiny item. Truly it's a rather laid back game that is perfect for shorter time spans. I myself am a college student and I like that I can easily join a party and do a few runs, then log out if I need to, or I can easily grind like crazy if I have no plans and a case of boredom. The cap can take a while, but somehow I ended up at 110 trying *not* to reach it, if you just play for fun, the cap will sneak up on you.

Personally, I say the less you make this game into a time sink, the more enjoyable it is in the long run. It is small enough that you really shouldn't try to see everything in a week, because you can, but rather if you spread it out it could easily take you a year to find it all.

I also second the notion for helping if you're on PC/PS2. ^-^

GreenArcher
Jan 8, 2008, 05:24 PM
Think of soloing as a bell curve. Early game and late game- soloing is considerably easy and productive. However most of the game is much more enjoyable in groups.

Cerberus1981
Jan 8, 2008, 06:10 PM
If you are going to get into PSU now is the time with the XP boost from the winter event otherwise I'm not sure I could reccomend it. PSU is pretty time friendly but don't kid yourself, it's still an online RPG and you will only get out of it what you put in. The hard part for you will be getting to a high enough level to be able to play the tougher missions that everyone else is, that will take weeks at a couple hours a day. Once you are able to run the S and S2 missions then a couple hours a day is more than enough, even i don't play that much these days.

Personally I would hate to be joining now, the game has been out over a year, there are still loads of people playing (Xbox 360) but most have high level characters and good weapons so you might find it frustrating hunting around for a low level party and not having as good a gear as everyone else.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerberus1981 on 2008-01-08 15:13 ]</font>