PDA

View Full Version : Just how strong IS a fortefighter?

Achaiah191
Jan 8, 2008, 06:14 PM
How quickly can a fortefighter using an axe dispatch enemies his level? What is the fastest solo killing class in this game?

When I say solo killing I mean who kills the fastest while they are soloing, which class would be the quickest to solo farm missions?

pionear
Jan 8, 2008, 06:15 PM
SUPER STRONG!!!

Just kidding...But a Beast FF can dish out some serious dmg...

beatrixkiddo
Jan 8, 2008, 06:22 PM
Stronger than a drunken retarded bear.

Pillan
Jan 8, 2008, 06:24 PM
Fortefighter is around 14-20% stronger than any other class in ouptut with all stats taken into consideration. And, yes, a good Fortefighter can solo most missions faster than any other class. There are a few obvious exceptions, like missions filled with four legged robots, of course.

JAFO22000
Jan 8, 2008, 06:26 PM
Each class is the "best" at dispatching certain enemies. FF excels at large creatures with multiple hit boxes, such as Ubrakadas, Kog Nadds, Drua Goras etc.

pikachief
Jan 8, 2008, 06:29 PM
u mean when theres a large mobs of monsters theres someone better than a FF with a slicer!? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

DO TELL http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SATatami
Jan 8, 2008, 06:32 PM
*looks at slicer* ... >_> CHIKKICHIKKICHIKKICHIKKICHIKKICHIKKICHIKKICHIKKICH IKKICHIKKI

Kietrinia
Jan 8, 2008, 06:50 PM
On 2008-01-08 15:22, beatrixkiddo wrote:
Stronger than a drunken retarded bear.*DIED laughing* XD

RemiusTA
Jan 8, 2008, 07:23 PM
Someone pull up that recent pic with some chick dealing over 6k damage plz

Alura
Jan 8, 2008, 07:30 PM
atm im leveling my beast ff and with slicer im at 3.3k per hit and shes only lvl 71 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mikura
Jan 8, 2008, 07:34 PM
>_> I'm a maxed out female beast FF and I can honestly say it is the fastest class for simply clearing a mission. But...let's not go into this too much. There's still a lot of debate about how FF is TOO strong and the game is unbalanced. <_<

RACast_Raiden
Jan 8, 2008, 07:49 PM
fF = Big Numbers

Aviva
Jan 8, 2008, 07:53 PM
...too strong...

plain and simple

Indica
Jan 8, 2008, 07:55 PM
Depending what Axe PA you are Leveling, I would just start out LV it at Linear Line till you hit close to LV21 then SPAM it on large monsters and what not in party missions and it will LV pretty quick

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jan 8, 2008, 07:56 PM
About as strong as they should be. Chikki might be a little excessive, but everything else is about right.

pikachief
Jan 8, 2008, 07:58 PM
how strong is a fortefighter?

Too strong, dont play it or it will consume your soul.

RemiusTA
Jan 8, 2008, 08:04 PM
I predict that by lvl 200, FFs will be doing OVER 9000 damage.

No wonder sega has level cap restrictions?

Micro
Jan 8, 2008, 08:09 PM
On 2008-01-08 17:04, RemiusTA wrote:
I predict that by lvl 200, FFs will be doing OVER 9000 damage.

No wonder sega has level cap restrictions?

It's gonna be well over 9k. >.>
With Redda anyways. XD

Pillan
Jan 8, 2008, 08:14 PM
With another 15 class levels, 10 skill levels, and 90 character levels, I'm pretty sure a 20000 damage estimate will be more accurate than a 9000 damage one.

Zora
Jan 8, 2008, 08:14 PM
Axe's and spear's along with decent elemental sheild and i can clear missions MAYBE 5 minutes slower than if i had a full party with my lvl 75 fF (15) so im very satisfied =]

its definitely the class for those who dont play nice with others lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zora on 2008-01-08 17:15 ]</font>

Angelo
Jan 8, 2008, 08:17 PM
Too strong if you ask me.

I'm trying to get a friend of mine to play again, he plays Human Fighgunner. But I remember the last time we played he'd always say how my Beast Fortefighter outclassed everything.

I don't want him to join up again and say the same things. I like it when everyone feels like a team and contributes something unique.

And to be honest I can't really see a Fighgunner doing anything better than a Fortefighter.

Insane numbers with multi-target Melee (Anga Redda, Spears)

Insane numbers with single-target Melee (Gravity Break)

Insane numbers with ranged multi-target (Slicers, enough said).

Slicers are broken as fuck. I mean they do godsend awesome damage... but still broken as fuck.

HaydenX
Jan 8, 2008, 08:52 PM
Which would do more DPS?

1. A beast FF spamming Chikki
2. A human AF spamming Chikki
3. A Beast AF spamming Chikki
4. A Cast AF spamming Chikki

This decision is including the speed boost that AF gets.

Aviendha
Jan 8, 2008, 08:55 PM
On 2008-01-08 17:52, HaydenX wrote:
Which would do more DPS?

1. A beast FF spamming Chikki
2. A human AF spamming Chikki
3. A Beast AF spamming Chikki
4. A Cast AF spamming Chikki

This decision is including the speed boost that AF gets.

Beast FF
Beast AF
Cast AF
Human AF
in that order

Pillan
Jan 8, 2008, 09:01 PM
On 2008-01-08 17:55, Aviendha wrote:
Beast FF
Beast AF
Cast AF
Human AF
in that order

This also varies with enemy difficulty level. If the enemy was, oh, 30-50 levels above you, you would see the output ratio lean more in favor of AF and Cast.

But, if you're 100+ right now, that order is correct.

RemiusTA
Jan 8, 2008, 10:18 PM
You know, i actually predict in the future Fortechers will start to shine a bit more.

I mean hell, if their spells were changed so much as to simply hit an extra hitbox then they would be GRADES stronger than they are now.

Legendria
Jan 8, 2008, 10:21 PM
On 2008-01-08 17:52, HaydenX wrote:

1. A Beast FG spamming MG Glitch at 4x
2. A Cast FG spamming MG Glitch at 4x
2. A beast FF spamming Chikki
3. A human AF spamming Chikki
4. A Beast AF spamming Chikki
5. A Cast AF spamming Chikki

RemiusTA
Jan 8, 2008, 10:29 PM
i didnt know there was an Extra 2 before 3.

Anduril
Jan 8, 2008, 10:31 PM
On 2008-01-08 19:29, RemiusTA wrote:
i didnt know there was an Extra 2 before 3.

It was recently added by the UN to make third place people feel special.

JinxoOrougeOo
Jan 8, 2008, 10:41 PM
On 2008-01-08 15:26, JAFO22000 wrote:
Each class is the "best" at dispatching certain enemies. FF excels at large creatures with multiple hit boxes, such as Ubrakadas, Kog Nadds, Drua Goras etc.

kog nads are derfintly not my type of thing as a FF unless u have the old knuckles PA then FF r no good against em cuz they deal so much dmg against when u get close

pikachief
Jan 8, 2008, 10:55 PM
On 2008-01-08 17:17, Angelo wrote:

I'm trying to get a friend of mine to play again, he plays Human Fighgunner. But I remember the last time we played he'd always say how my Beast Fortefighter outclassed everything.

I don't want him to join up again and say the same things. I like it when everyone feels like a team and contributes something unique.

And to be honest I can't really see a Fighgunner doing anything better than a Fortefighter.

Slicers are broken as fuck. I mean they do godsend awesome damage... but still broken as fuck.

pfft get him to go AF and give him a S rank slicer http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Pengfishh
Jan 9, 2008, 12:13 AM
Stronger than Hercules and as limber as Gumby!

SATatami
Jan 9, 2008, 12:21 AM
*three hours later* CHIKKICHIKKICHIKKICHIKKICHIKKICHIKKICHIKKICHIKKICH IKKICHIKKICHIKKICHIKKICHIKKI

Yusaku_Kudou
Jan 9, 2008, 02:20 AM
I've hit 5835 in one hit on my newman F as fortefighter with Anga Redda and an Ank Dedda.

HandOfThornz
Jan 9, 2008, 02:57 AM
I've played a gunner class with human's and cast's since i started online psu with the release of PSU EU V1.

I've just started working on my FF(lvl10) Female lvl55, with lvl22 majarra ult spear pa. I'm already out doing my Cast female lvl110 FG lvl15 with lvl40 twin gun pa's with the opposite elements with damage!!!!
FF are extremely strong... it will be intresting as i lvl my FF up with The Winter event, just how strong she will get!!!

O and some one mentioned FT hopefully becoming stronger in the future, they used to be super strong, at higher lvls and high pa's before AOI, but now they are not as close to FF damage, but still not as weak as FG. but i will try and lvl my FT up with the winter event too, another intresting issue, to see how the new stats work with them.

IsoDonk
Jan 9, 2008, 03:52 AM
I've hit 6,000 with Anga Redda and a 50% Dark Ank Pikor.

With my Protranser.

Give that an extra ten levels of PA %-boost and the additional ATP of a Fortefighter - I think FF Lv1 has more ATP than PT Lv15 - and that number is going through the roof.

So, pretty damn strong.

physic
Jan 9, 2008, 05:23 AM
FF are strong, however, their strength is deceptive, they take an an extreme amount of dmg, How much dmg? well with my level 90-105 pt i needed 20 trimates dimates and stars to beat hive, as a 110 beats FF i needed like 2/3 times that depending on which map. FF tears through some mobs, and then others completely own them, for example there is no good way to fight 4 gaozoran with a FF as well as the fact you ll do half dmg. the flying guys will take long periods of time as well. then theres the misses, If you go beast FF in hive you will miss, and your weapon selection will be limited. For the purpose of solo id say best classes are probably AF/FG and maybe PT if you willing to burn a lot on traps. WT may be good, i ve never tried it with decent skills.

Also time wise my 110 FF was only like 5-7 min faster than my level 90-100 Pt, being able to use traps can turn a horror room into a cakewalk. and honestly, my PTs skills are mostly not even 22+

Point is FF is best when it has some one who can give them good buffs and heal them, with some type of support in terms of debuffs or dots. people forget that 4% of their acc defence and attack is coming from level 21 buffs. Honestly i think a Fortegunner with level 40 bullets and 20 skills will probably wipe the floor with whole levels faster than a FF and with a lot less mat usage. speaking about soloing though

NNEONateDogg
Jan 9, 2008, 06:16 AM
Could you imagine a LV 200/20 Beast fF with maxed out Gravity Break or Spinning Strike?!

Angelo
Jan 9, 2008, 08:58 AM
On 2008-01-08 19:55, pikachief wrote:

On 2008-01-08 17:17, Angelo wrote:

pfft get him to go AF and give him a S rank slicer http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

He refuses to play anything other than a Fighgunner with Double-Sabers.

You probably know exactly who I'm talking about too.

Kylie
Jan 9, 2008, 11:25 AM
Really a lot stronger than I thought. After being a WT for so long, I was shocked to see how much damage I could do as a FF now. The extra damage is significant and noticeable. WT will always be my favorite class, though.

SATatami
Jan 9, 2008, 12:03 PM
*the next day* CHIKKICHIKKICHIKKICHIKKICHIKKICHIKKICHIKKICHIKKI

But seriously. Being one is great, but it kinda makes everyone around you hate you for it. I get so much crap since I'm trying to level slicers right now. >_>;

Cry0
Jan 9, 2008, 01:19 PM
Yes, they [FF] do the most damage. However, people seem to forget that they are the frontline, too. They get hit the most, also. (insert idiot's comment about lololz n00b yU shoo|d ev4de, i roXX0rz and neva g3t hit)

For most people, however, this is true. I personally hate the fact of getting knocked over as a fighter, and it screws up a lot of your DPS (not slicer applicable, though, this theory).

Akaimizu
Jan 9, 2008, 01:28 PM
Getting knocked over as anybody, utterly destroys their ability to do stuff. Having not passed the threshhold of 21+ support techs is still a big hurdle. Can't wait to do so so getting knocked over wont mean a temporary crushing blow to my ability to support and help with the damage.

ne1first
Jan 9, 2008, 01:33 PM
This strong!

http://tinyurl.com/2w24rw

http://tinyurl.com/2n45o9

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ne1first on 2008-01-09 10:47 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jan 9, 2008, 01:46 PM
Love the picture. Give me a minute and I can produce that much damage. Wait for it.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jan 9, 2008, 02:04 PM
On 2008-01-08 21:13, Pengfishh wrote:
Stronger than Hercules and as limber as Gumby!

Gumbercules?
I LOVE THAT GUY!!!

Shardio
Jan 9, 2008, 02:06 PM
On 2008-01-09 10:19, Cry0 wrote:
Yes, they [FF] do the most damage. However, people seem to forget that they are the frontline, too. They get hit the most, also. (insert idiot's comment about lololz n00b yU shoo|d ev4de, i roXX0rz and neva g3t hit)

For most people, however, this is true. I personally hate the fact of getting knocked over as a fighter, and it screws up a lot of your DPS (not slicer applicable, though, this theory).

Well the knockdown isn't that bad I think. Isn't it so that DFP or max HP determines at what amount of damage you get knocked down? AFAIK, Beasts (and Casts) have a shitload of both stats.

Btw, 100 meseta please. (your profile)

Yusaku_Kudou
Jan 9, 2008, 06:30 PM
On 2008-01-09 11:06, Shardio wrote:
Isn'@ #! so that DFP or max HP determines at what amount of damage you get knocked down?

Fixed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yusaku_Kudou on 2008-01-09 15:36 ]</font>

Pillan
Jan 9, 2008, 06:40 PM
Isn't it so that DFP or max HP determines at what amount of damage you get knocked down? AFAIK, Beasts (and Casts) have a shitload of both stats.

After some tests with AF 10 and AT 15 with 31+ deband, I'm pretty sure it's purely based on how the enemy ATP compares to your DFP, as a lot of the attacks that knock me down as Acrofighter don't as Acrotecher. (Acrotecher having slightly higher DFP from DFP up 4, but less HP; both taking about the same percent damage from physical attacks and wearing the same armor.)

But, yeah, Fortefighter has the most in both and it's not that hard to spam synth high percentage armor so that you can't be thrown around.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2008-01-09 15:41 ]</font>

GaNksTa
Jan 9, 2008, 06:47 PM
The charts comparing class stats are here (http://psupedia.info/Types), though it only shows the type levels up to 10, not 15 :/

Angelo
Jan 9, 2008, 11:46 PM
As much as I love playing FF.

After reading this thread, after Just Attack, after Slicers...

... I really think we need a nerf, guys...

gryphonvii
Jan 10, 2008, 12:28 AM
http://www.amesani.org/psu/enbeta/charstatus/calc.php?type=1
look at stats to your hearts content

physic
Jan 10, 2008, 01:13 AM
if you nerf FF they will be crappy compared to how much dmg they take, imagine yourself in c mode trying to fight stuff with AE and quick attacks, you ll be worthless to the party. basically they nerfed the games defence, and especially FF who now has like 50% their evasion. armor % got nerfed, thats one of teh reasons they had to increase FF dmg, because they have to get hit, and now gettig hit doesmore dmg, to balance they increase thier dmg output.

Angelo
Jan 10, 2008, 02:05 AM
Well then they need to increase the damage for some of the other melee classes.

To be honest I really don't see it as balanced.

Actually.. I think if they just tone down Slicers we'll be good.

Ugh.. playing City of Heroes made me a 'balance' whore.

Genoa
Jan 10, 2008, 02:17 AM
Since their MST sux, they'll just make more monsters that use techs, perhaps more megid tossers, screw over all the fighter ;o
... I thought giving Fortefighters the ability to use slicers was oh so stupid >___>
"so uh... this Slicer PA, which doesn't even require frags, seems to whoop all sorts of ass http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif ! .... Let's give it to Fortefighters too!"

Silver_Wyrm
Jan 10, 2008, 02:22 AM
On 2008-01-09 15:30, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:

Isn'@ #! so that DFP or max HP determines at what amount of damage you get knocked down?

Fixed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yusaku_Kudou on 2008-01-09 15:36 ]</font>

I lol'd

Angerpigeon
Jan 10, 2008, 04:54 AM
Why is nerfing the answering to everything these days? It's annoying and disrupts peoples play style.. If one class is stronger than the rest wouldn't it be better to make the rest stronger? That way everyone would be happy.

And if it makes the game too easy.. Just blame the enemies on being weak =D and beg for them to be made stronger.

physic
Jan 10, 2008, 06:21 AM
truth is people are comparing their dmg to maxed out beast males usually, my level 91 human female AF does like 2.4k with the same slicer my FF male does like 3.2k with. Does that seem hax to you? maybe, but then again, my human female AF hits a lot more often, can do an extra 1.2k a turn with a shadoog, and can use twin handguns and cards to do ranged dmg without getting hit, with level 30 bullets.
Balance doesnt mean every class does the same dmg, thats just making boring classes. Balance has to do with giving up stuff for other stuff, and different playstyle choices.
why should classes with access to various traps, debuffs magic etc do as much or close dmg to someone who cant? If you want to see the big dmg numbers go FF. But it really doesnt mean you can solo better, or be better in a team

Angelo
Jan 10, 2008, 06:32 AM
So, basically, the problem is more the fact that slicers are overpowered.

But everyone knows that.

DoubleV
Jan 10, 2008, 06:49 AM
ive got a human FF and with the last swing of the axe i hit 4600 damage. but with a slicer i only i hit 2500. i guess beasts are well stronger than humans if a lvl71 is hittin 3500, cos im lvl93

Angerpigeon
Jan 10, 2008, 08:08 AM
Well my M beast FF 15 is 106 and with a 50% 8* slicer on The right enemies does about about 4200 at best with buffs maybe a little more, Been leveling mt alts to much recently to remember.

Reipard
Jan 10, 2008, 08:24 AM
Why is nerfing the answering to everything these days? It's annoying and disrupts peoples play style.. If one class is stronger than the rest wouldn't it be better to make the rest stronger? That way everyone would be happy.

And if it makes the game too easy.. Just blame the enemies on being weak =D and beg for them to be made stronger.

You're absolutely right.

Why do we bother with balance at all? Just throw it all out the window and try to make everything ridiculously out of the original scale of power just to avoid the issue altogether.

physic
Jan 10, 2008, 08:38 AM
On 2008-01-10 03:49, DoubleV wrote:
ive got a human FF and with the last swing of the axe i hit 4600 damage. but with a slicer i only i hit 2500. i guess beasts are well stronger than humans if a lvl71 is hittin 3500, cos im lvl93

the 2500 was the level 91 human female acrofighter

the 3200 is the level 110 beast Fortefighter.

and yeah beasts are a lot stronger than humans they are like 3 levels below them in atp

beast male> beast female> cast male> cast female> human male> human female> newman male> new female.

however lowest ata in game.

Angerpigeon
Jan 10, 2008, 08:42 AM
I didn't say anything about not having balance.. I just said instead of just making one class weaker.. make the rest stronger, And if it makes things too easy make the eneimies harder.. it has the same effect in the end but it bothers people less because they don't feel like them and the character class is being individually targeted and stat raped.

In the end I'm sick of this in online games.. I start one, Make a class I think sounds cool to me... read up in the forums a week later find out it's " over-powered" A month later after that it's been nerfed to kingdom come. It feels uncomfortable playing because your characters back down to the damage they were doing (Insert minus amount of levels) ago.. makes you feel like saying "whats the point?"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Angerpigeon on 2008-01-10 05:45 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Angerpigeon on 2008-01-10 05:49 ]</font>

Angelo
Jan 10, 2008, 09:52 AM
On 2008-01-10 05:42, Angerpigeon wrote:
I didn't say anything about not having balance.. I just said instead of just making one class weaker.. make the rest stronger, And if it makes things too easy make the eneimies harder.. it has the same effect in the end but it bothers people less because they don't feel like them and the character class is being individually targeted and stat raped.

I don't think you realize how much easier it is to tone down the over-powered class than it is to

- Take the time to decide, plan, and balance all the other classes to the over-powered classes abilities

- Code those classes

- Code every single enemy in the game to make them harder.

I used to really hate nerfing too, but it's neccessary in online games where everyone plays a role. I played an MMO where the developers spoke with the forum community on a daily basis, and alot of time goes into balancing and 'nerfing' is something that needs to happen when there's a problem.

Yes, we have a problem. The Chikki PA is too powerful. It offers insane damage that hits many enemies at a distance. This is a problem because the whole reason Fortefighters have such massive ATP is because they lack decent ranged firepower.

People who don't see the point in nerfing and balance are like kids who don't think they should have to go to bed early. These things don't make sense you you individually but they make sense to the big picture.

Reipard
Jan 10, 2008, 09:55 AM
You can't reasonably balance things with a no-nerf policy. I'm sorry that you don't like it, but that is the way it is. Balancing a game is a tightrope walk and refusing to nerf things creates a pile of new problems and ultimately never resolves the original balance issues.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reipard on 2008-01-10 06:56 ]</font>

physic
Jan 10, 2008, 10:07 AM
problem with nerfing is it often times goes to far, honestly in a psu action type game i dont think everything needs to be nerfed all the time.
far as nerfing chiki, it has a number of flaws, people just go past them because they want to use the weapon.

low ata? go to level where mobs have low evade
linear attack? force everyone to deal with mobs linearly or go to a level with enclosed spaces.
high pp cost? buy 10 charges, and bring many slicers, or go to town more.

people build their style of play around using the weapon, shrug. honestly on FF i dont find chiki that useful, i have other techniques, and playstyles. on AF its a must use though because thier ae is limited.

Winter_of_uno
Jan 10, 2008, 10:16 AM
Way too strong for all these kindergarten missions that's for sure.

Pillan
Jan 10, 2008, 11:52 AM
Nerf? Are we talking about the same Sonic Team?

If you haven't noticed from the skill rebalance that came with AoI or the base ATP growth or the rod buff, Sonic Team has taken a buff everything else to balance with overpoweredness strategy, rather than weakening them. The only case where we've seen a nerf since AoI is slicers, and that reduced them from godly to more powerful than everything else.

Personally, my bet is that Fortefighter will recieve a relative nerf from the growth rates on class levels 16-20.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2008-01-10 08:55 ]</font>

Angerpigeon
Jan 10, 2008, 12:57 PM
I guess so... I'm just rather touchy about the whole thing... I mean alot of the times there is reason for it.. but when they do get around to doing it, it usually goes abit over-board.

Seira7
Jan 10, 2008, 01:27 PM
*shrug* I think chikki should be nerfed to hell, problem is, im a human AF and AF lack AOE PAs.

Maybe put in a single handed weapon PA that AOEs decent, and nerf chikki, or add more flying monsters/multi hit monsters and make mobs smaller (3-4) that scatter instead of lining up perfectly for a slicer...dunno.

I tried FF on my cast why - because of a bit of DPS envy, to be honest. I ended up going back to AF though because I prefer the attack speed boost and felt really unstylish hauling around an axe. I guess fun is more my style than big numbarz.

ShinMaruku
Jan 10, 2008, 02:53 PM
http://www.enregistrersous.com/images2/60220715020080110094312.jpg
That strong, strongest class in the game.

Mwabwetumba
Jan 10, 2008, 03:09 PM
On 2008-01-10 10:27, Seira7 wrote:
I guess fun is more my style than big numbarz.

But then again, some of us fortefighters out here think it's very fun to produce said big numbarz, heheh. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Seira7
Jan 10, 2008, 07:08 PM
On 2008-01-10 12:09, Mwabwetumba wrote:

On 2008-01-10 10:27, Seira7 wrote:
I guess fun is more my style than big numbarz.

But then again, some of us fortefighters out here think it's very fun to produce said big numbarz, heheh. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

well, that came out worded a bit wrong^^ Fast is fun for me but I guess what I meant is to play whatever class makes you happy. and if big numbarz are fun then by all means grab and axe and chop stuff to bits XD

ShinMaruku
Jan 10, 2008, 07:14 PM
http://www.myconfinedspace.com/watermark.php?src=wp-content/uploads/2007/04/wh40k-emperor.thumbnail.jpg
They are as that guy in the center are. Great adaamge and can take it too.

Dragwind
Jan 10, 2008, 08:16 PM
Hella strong. Tanks, brutes, etc. Awesome.

Reipard
Jan 10, 2008, 10:43 PM
I guess so... I'm just rather touchy about the whole thing... I mean alot of the times there is reason for it.. but when they do get around to doing it, it usually goes abit over-board.

The only one I'll give you is the bugs. They didn't need to be nerfed to the point they were.

For everything else- you don't know what you're talking about. You don't know the big picture, ultimately http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. You don't know how far is too far.

Remember when they made literally all the enemies weaker? Remember when they made status proc on everything easier, including players? They can nerf stuff when they need to.

Laranas
Jan 10, 2008, 11:08 PM
On 2008-01-10 19:43, Reipard wrote:

Remember when they made literally all the enemies weaker? Remember when they made status proc on everything easier, including players? They can nerf stuff when they need to.

Remember the difference between Ultimate mode (and v2 equipment) in PSO v2 compared to PSO Ep I & II? They know how to nerf and balance things, but for whatever reason they're choosing not to here.

And I've seen that axe PA (Redda?) hit for 10k each on the last two hits. So you're going to have to rethink that "Over 9000!!" comment.

Gen2000
Jan 11, 2008, 01:46 AM
How strong Fortefighters are now even robots aren't a problem (saw a pic of a FF solo'ing Grove in 13min somewhere around here). They're strong enough to overcome "melee resistance" that an enemy possibly have. I don't noticed it anymore honestly because they die so fast, I'm doing almost the same damage as an Fortetecher using techs which is sad.

Only thing that slows FFs down is Onma/Dimma and De Rol and that's mainly because FFs can't throw their Spears/Axes at them when they are flying.

Reipard
Jan 11, 2008, 08:35 AM
Remember the difference between Ultimate mode (and v2 equipment) in PSO v2 compared to PSO Ep I & II? They know how to nerf and balance things, but for whatever reason they're choosing not to here.

And I've seen that axe PA (Redda?) hit for 10k each on the last two hits. So you're going to have to rethink that "Over 9000!!" comment.

Was this response meant for someone else?

Akaimizu
Jan 11, 2008, 08:54 AM
I have to admit they are strong. They've gotten to the point that they have the capability to do within a second or two what takes me 40 seconds to a minute of damage to produce, with my best situation and with my most fortunate circumstances. That's a pretty harsh ratio. I think the slowest they go is a little less than my speed, which for them is intolerable; even if temporary.

Still, I don't worry about it, as long as I have a use with them in the party. It's getting borderline, and I haven't travelled with much equipped with the best equipment. I've given up on anything related to balance, now I just simply look at things as if I'm hopefully not out of a job. That is, given how weak monsters are compared to FF damage.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-11 05:59 ]</font>

Laranas
Jan 11, 2008, 11:22 AM
On 2008-01-11 05:35, Reipard wrote:

Was this response meant for someone else?

The first part was an addition to your post, the second half was a simple reply to the thread.