PDA

View Full Version : Bit long winded but bear with me.

goaferboy
Jan 8, 2008, 09:27 PM
Ever consider how many people are playing at once? If your like me you probably dont think its that many. Server 1 and 2 were full and 3 was about half. I always sell my rare (ish, 7* or more) materials and boards for 100 meseta. Cheap I know, but I dont need them or the money and it would be more useful to a player than an NPC. I put 5 7* items for sale at 100 each, within seconds 3 people had entered my room and bought them all.

Now think of the odds of that. The proportion of people looking for items, I'd say less than a quarter. The proportion of people looking for materials, even less. The proportion of people looking specifically for the item I had for sale, I would say tiny. And yet 3 people showed up within seconds. The items weren't even that special, one was a scape doll board.

Just something to consider.

Also when I started selling things this cheap I had someone (not sure who) buy my stuff and decided to leave me 2 tan gerines and a mushroom chair as thank you. I wasn't even in the room. Made my day that did!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: goaferboy on 2008-01-08 18:28 ]</font>

DarkEliteRico
Jan 8, 2008, 09:36 PM
So it's strange to have nearly 3,000 people playing at once. I'd say a good portion of the people who aren't spamming missions are looking for the next big deal in the shops, i can't recall how many times people buy low and sell high.

Anduril
Jan 8, 2008, 09:39 PM
Yeah, rarely do the things in my shop last long (except those damn neutral photons, WHY DO YOU NOT SHOW UP IN CONDITIONAL SEARCH?!?!?!). I sell everything cheap, and at that most of it is under 7*, yet it all sells like hotcakes (mmmmm, hot cakes). Though I can say that no one has ever left me a Bulletin Message or any gift. I guess my prices aren't THAT good.

goaferboy
Jan 8, 2008, 09:40 PM
Its just that there is a load of servers and most of them are empty. It gives the impression that the game isn't very populated. But this just made me realise that there is one hell of a lot of people playing.

DarkEliteRico
Jan 8, 2008, 09:44 PM
Just like back in the good ole PSO days, we had different ships and different lobbies to be in....waaaay more then what was needed but they were there. Most of the crap in my shop is extra stacks of materials selling for what i feel is a decent price usually 1k and my unwanted S ranks.

goaferboy
Jan 8, 2008, 09:53 PM
I just sell the rarest materials that I pick up (normally in the green area of the stars) for 100. I like to think that a newcomer gets a bargain, or at least someone puts it to better use than me. In reality, someone is probably selling it on for a big profit! Oh well, its not like I need the money.

Krltplps
Jan 8, 2008, 10:22 PM
When I came back after being gone almost a year I was depressed as hell to see only Server 2 had any population...and even then it was barely 3 stars....

But I listed a bunch of stuff on my PM last night and I had +5 people show up before I was even done listing, and I managed to move a 10* axe board for 1 mil in under 5 min!

RemiusTA
Jan 8, 2008, 10:34 PM
im guessing you guys arent talking about the ps2 version.

Its not too hard to find someone to play with, but sometimes the amount of lit starts in the Universe screen is just depressing.

The population just seems so tiny.

HalfDarShadow
Jan 8, 2008, 10:44 PM
yea.

i kinda figured myself thats theres a ton of people.

one of the weps i sell the most was all the varista's i have.

everytime i put it up for shop. i put up for 20K or less(depending if i upgraded it 6x and up) and i leave my room, not even for a minute, just to get something, come back an BAM!!!

its gone like speedy gonzallas lol^^

usually i make around 80K selling these.

but the real question is, wat do we use the items we sell for? like say your PM is maxed lvl and u cant sell it for some reason, and u already have this wep, armor, etc. then wat?

gets youh curious wat all these people do with the stuff youh sell them^^

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wet-trout.gif

HalfDarShadow
Jan 8, 2008, 10:47 PM
and the 360 servers.

about 2 and a half to 3 universes full, and dont forget all those SEEMENLY empty universes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

theres ALOT more people then youh think http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_quickdraw.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HalfDarShadow on 2008-01-08 19:48 ]</font>

Shishi-O
Jan 9, 2008, 05:34 AM
On 2008-01-08 19:47, HalfDarShadow wrote:
and the 360 servers.

about 2 and a half to 3 universes full, and dont forget all those SEEMENLY empty universes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

theres ALOT more people then youh think http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_quickdraw.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HalfDarShadow on 2008-01-08 19:48 ]</font>
ditto

ThePendragon
Jan 9, 2008, 03:14 PM
It's relative really. I mean, compared to most MMO's PSU is a barren wasteland. On 360, which is by far the most populous, the most you'll ever see on is about 6,000 i'd say, and I am being generous. Compare that to version 2 where there were easily 50,000 one some days, and version 1 were I've heard there were nearly 100k at times, PSU is pretty dead.