PDA

View Full Version : AotI-XBox 360: Epic Lawl with Alterazgohg earlier

Syonu
Jan 9, 2008, 12:47 AM
I was running with a party earlier at White Beast S and some random glitcher joined. Regardless of my several off-putting comments about his combat tactics, he remained silent and continued to glitch.

We arrived at the boss portal and everyone was transported to take down the monstrosity. The load time was alot longer than usual, so I assumed that someone lagged out and it turned out to be the glitcher. (yippee!)

The rest of us made it to the boss. There was only four of us and the Dragon wasn't moving. I think I was the only one who noticed this, but regardless, we immediately assaulted the Alterazgohg with a barrage of spammed PA's.

Now here comes the fun part. The dragon "died" in a few seconds....about 12 to be exact. It showed the death scene but the banner saying "Alterazgohg Defeated!" or w/e. We were all like "Wtf?". When the death scene was over, we were all back in the boss room with the Alterazgohg very much alive......but there was absolutely NO SOUND! It was like watching an interactive silent movie!

After a few minutes of non-stop slicing and bashing, the Alterazgohg finally died for real and we were presented with our boxes.

Sorry for wall of text. I have a habit of making a narrative out of relatively short happenings.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jan 9, 2008, 12:55 AM
Ok, sounds like you had a good time.

Retehi
Jan 9, 2008, 12:58 AM
Cool.

Laranas
Jan 9, 2008, 01:16 AM
You should've logged out. I hear Data Bugs send players into comas.

mvffin
Jan 9, 2008, 01:25 AM
i've heard of this before. a party i joined was talking about it. are you on 360?

DrEngrish
Jan 9, 2008, 01:30 AM
Glitches like those are fun. Its a shame you didnt happen to be recroding when it happend. I'd have loved to watch it first hand http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Syonu
Jan 9, 2008, 02:12 AM
Yea, I'm on the 360. Hence the title name. And the main reason it was so funny is because how fast it initially "died". We were all like "OWND!" and "Wow that was fast...." when all of a sudden the dragon was still there.

Would have been even more lawl-tastic if every box had Sanzu-Hikens in them or something.

Keiko_Seisha
Jan 9, 2008, 02:16 AM
This is a common lag-induced bug that happens with bosses, I've seen it a few times.

HFlowen
Jan 9, 2008, 02:23 AM
Reminds me of releasing Dark Falz twice back on the Dreamcast...

It would've been more epic if the lag wasn't so intense.

Kietrinia
Jan 9, 2008, 10:52 AM
On 2008-01-08 22:16, Laranas wrote:
You should've logged out. I hear Data Bugs send players into comas.XD

Johan_Bryant
Jan 9, 2008, 11:30 AM
This has happened to me and some folks on the PS2/PC version. We joked around that the dragon used a Scape Doll. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

KyEmo
Jan 9, 2008, 11:47 AM
Back when De Ragan S2 just got realeased me and my party had to fight him twice also D:

chibiLegolas
Jan 9, 2008, 02:47 PM
On 2008-01-09 08:30, Johan_Bryant wrote:
This has happened to me and some folks on the PS2/PC version. We joked around that the dragon used a Scape Doll. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Would be even better if Ascention's Gift SUV actually healed him back from the dead as well.

Too bad the glitch/lag didn't reward you folks with the exp. 2x. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

superdood22
Jan 9, 2008, 02:55 PM
this happened to me in crimson beast awhile back. i dont think he did it intentionally but who knows, maybe it couldve been the same guy.

Yotoko
Jan 9, 2008, 03:22 PM
A few days ago something similar happened to me (PC/PS2 server).

There was no lag beforehand, but within about 10 seconds of the battle starting, the cut scene with Alteraz dying played.

It seemed like he died really fast - but then after the cut scene it went back to the battle and we fought him again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yotoko on 2008-01-09 12:22 ]</font>