PDA

View Full Version : AotI: Auto-run! Its cruise control for cool!

Helly
Jan 9, 2008, 02:34 AM
Just wanted to mention my appreciation of this feature since it seems to be an overlooked/underused one!

With PSO GC I wore out several Gamecube controllers analog sticks, but now with auto-run, I needn't fear such a fate for my PS2/3 sticks! Controller safety isn't the only good thing though! Tagging along behind others like a NPC (and yes even getting stuck like one) can be cute fun! Even when not in a party it I still like using it to run around places with only a slight course correction when needed.

So for me, auto-run is an auto-win!

HFlowen
Jan 9, 2008, 02:44 AM
I've thought about setting auto-run on the mission leader and setting my turbo controller to hit the PA button every 10 seconds or so.

I'd probably still be more effective than an NPC. =P

At least until I died or we entered a new block...

Kairi_Li
Jan 9, 2008, 03:05 AM
Trouble is auto run is turned off if you press any other action button. Unless you can also set the D pad on your turbo to hit it every 10 secs too?

kurisu1974
Jan 9, 2008, 07:49 AM
I use it quite often when I'm using items and don't want to fall too far behind. Auto-run ROCKS. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Vickie
Jan 9, 2008, 09:02 AM
yea it is a good feature i use it all the time when im smokin

Akaimizu
Jan 9, 2008, 09:19 AM
Auto run fights lag like George Foreman does fat. (in his grills) So it can be a great feature if you've run into those problems.

Alisha
Jan 9, 2008, 09:45 AM
autorun in this game blows compared to ffxi's auto run =(

Nuclearranger
Jan 9, 2008, 10:41 AM
Its better than NO autorun

Akaimizu
Jan 9, 2008, 10:43 AM
FFXI also had more need for the Autorun. This game, it's a convenience. With FFXI, it's a part of life. And with that much landscape to go over and fall a sleep, travelling over, (getting lost), the Autorun and follow is a godsend to that game. So yeah, it would be better over there just on the principle that it has better use in that game.

Kylie
Jan 9, 2008, 10:46 AM
I'd rather anonymous mode. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But it's not completely useless, I suppose. Well, even if I barely use it not on accident.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lorelei on 2008-01-09 07:46 ]</font>

amtalx
Jan 9, 2008, 10:48 AM
I've never used this feature and probably never will. Playing PSO for years taught me to move and use the menu system at the same time. Old habits die hard.

panzer_unit
Jan 9, 2008, 10:51 AM
If you're not totally asleep, you can control your own dood a bit to avoid getting stuck without turning autopilot off. Huge step up on NPC-following.

Oh yeah, the FF12-style green line is super cool.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-01-09 07:52 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jan 9, 2008, 10:53 AM
I like the look, but if ANYBODY trys to set a Gambit on me, I'll have a pair of Twin Gunnies pointed right at them!

Don't touch my Gambit!!

Vashyron
Jan 9, 2008, 11:03 AM
On 2008-01-08 23:44, HFlowen wrote:
I've thought about setting auto-run on the mission leader and setting my turbo controller to hit the PA button every 10 seconds or so.

I'd probably still be more effective than an NPC. =P

At least until I died or we entered a new block...

Problem, Doesn't Auton-Run Make a Green line? Or does that only show up on the person that is auto-runin screen?

Akaimizu
Jan 9, 2008, 11:09 AM
Autorun is just autorun. The green Line is there when you set follow. However, to truly activate follow you set your Green Line and Autorun. They're two separate functions.

Hyper_Rappy
Jan 9, 2008, 11:29 AM
i use the auto run some time. but iv gotten use to just runing and doing menus at the same time. i would realy like to know how to get the follow to work.

Akaimizu
Jan 9, 2008, 11:33 AM
When in a party, you basically, first start the follow command. You won't follow immediately. You have to turn on autorun for that.

When you pressed the right button when you see a green line from your character to another character. Further presses of that button will switch the green line to connect you to other characters in your party, respectively. Then you start Autorun, your character will automatically run towards the character that your Green line is tethered to. They run right to their spot and stop. If the person you're following moves, your character will automatically begin running after them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-09 08:36 ]</font>

GreenArcher
Jan 9, 2008, 06:28 PM
Being on PC, I love auto-run. Finishing killing wave, aim at door, auto-run, alt+tab, browse forums or send some IMs, rinse and repeat.

pikachief
Jan 9, 2008, 06:50 PM
pfft i always auto run http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

JP importers may notice that msot of teh time im on the forums, so im always autorunning into walls on teh PC version >.<

Umberger
Jan 9, 2008, 06:56 PM
On 2008-01-09 00:05, Kairi_Li wrote:
Trouble is auto run is turned off if you press any other action button. Unless you can also set the D pad on your turbo to hit it every 10 secs too?

That'd turn it off if it was still on during those ten seconds. =x

I use auto run if I'm running between rooms and changing equipment, or running to a mission counter from a lobby. I don't use it often really, but it's a nice little feature to have.

Noblewine
Jan 9, 2008, 07:43 PM
Auto run makes things a bit easier and ya gotta love it for how you can dodge and heal alot easier.