PDA

View Full Version : Imagine a new weapon... (take 2)

ChaosAngel92
Jan 9, 2008, 04:25 AM
lold xD
Ok, as i was saying. Imagine this weapon

http://www.ffinsider.net/store/pix/fs/gunblade_small.jpg

*Note that the screen is reduced, but its the size of a sable*

So, what is this? I really really doubt someone dont know what it is. But just in case, this weapon is called "Gunblade", and it is one of the most beatifull things that humanity has done ever! The history about the weapon is simple, i readed somewhere that it existed in sometime and it was used by pirates/crosiers. Anyway, it was none other than Square Soft, now Square Enix who popularised this piece of art making it the weapon of the main character from Final Fantasy VIII.
Beatifull isnt it?
Now, i was just playing with my pirate girl a while ago. After saying and shout "ZOMFG I NEED A PIRATE HAT SO BAD" the image of the Gunblade came into my mind (dont ask why). So i was like, "its a fantasy that never ever ill do".
Then, someone "hacky" on the party mentioned this....

http://www.animegalleries.net/albums/userpics/40943/HaseoXForm2.jpg

*Points at daggers*

Yes, the one and only popular "oh-so-god" Haseo. About this, dont ask me i dont have any details i just sawed them and it was like, oh "daggy" version of my Gunblade.

Why all this? Ok. I was triying to imagine how would this both weapons work on PSU.

First, i can imagine that for synthing you need the dagger and the gun, and that way you could try many many many many combinations beetwen diferent edges and handguns. Now about the functioning, well other animation of course, but talking about engine, the same it works the pistol/saber or pistol/dagger combo. What it would be really cool is that now you can have the perfect "Trinity" we all wish to have someday. Melee with your saber, Ranged with your integrated gun, and Techs, by having a trustworthy MAG at your side.

About the element? Well, it would be the same for the gun and for the saber, think it as a one weapon only.

And about the PA's, well, come on blast your mind off. (uh, spoiler form FF VIII maybe? o_O)
http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=WUmZX_UdqtA

Ok...maybe i exagerated...but im pretty sure movements have to combine gun and saber action.

Yeah, we can go further why not? Machingegun with Saber? A double sawed off shotgun combined with the mighty Blackheart? The rifle witht he little knife on front (duh forgot the name)? Heh, lets dream with it and pervert our minds with it.

So whats the point of the whole topic, well other than exposing my weakness againts the beauty of this weapon, there is also something i want to point out. What if Sonic Team decided to merge guns and sword, so that way we can use the 3 attack modes without having to change from weapon to weapon and making us slower because of lag problems.

Maybe some of you will start saying "FF ON MA PSU! NO WAY!" or "GET OUT OF HERE FF FREAK!", but really think of it, it would be great to have ranged and melee in one weapon in one hand. This go for WT, FiG and AF.

Now, why on earth we want ninjas when we can have this things >_>?

Of course all of this is IMHO (with capitals and 102301 size) So please dont get mad, its just a fantasy i got all the sudden and i wanted to expose it. I have never been fan of ninjas. My passion are the handguns, and i have a some kind of likness for sables too. Its just all midnight fantasies i have, excuse me for my imagination T_T.

Discuss all what you want please, i want opionions of what you think. Well im out, Windows is begging for a reset.

Note 1: NO! i dont smoke anything!

Note 2: (You) Dont you have school or work to do?. (Me) Not really, my vacation ends till feb.

Note 3: Im terribly sorry for grammar and spelling, hope everyone can understand it (stupid caveman talk).

Note 4: Too many notes? maybe?

QuidProQuo
Jan 9, 2008, 04:47 AM
Could we combine axes with twin slicer wands next?

ChaosAngel92
Jan 9, 2008, 04:50 AM
On 2008-01-09 01:47, QuidProQuo wrote:

And we start the sarcasm list. Glad i see this one comming. But really come on. The slicer is not even a gun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChaosAngel92 on 2008-01-09 01:51 ]</font>

amtalx
Jan 9, 2008, 07:30 AM
Interesting idea...but not in PSU. This wouldn't work at all.

Mewnie
Jan 9, 2008, 08:40 AM
Square fanboi alert!

What we need to freshen this up, is some Squall and Cloud yaoi. Edgy.

Angelo
Jan 9, 2008, 08:50 AM
The "Horned Girl" in the beta Phantasy Star Universe video used 'gun-daggers' like that Haseo character.

EDIT: Actually no she doesn't, she pulls a gun with her free hand, my bad.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Angelo on 2008-01-09 05:53 ]</font>

QuidProQuo
Jan 9, 2008, 08:59 AM
On 2008-01-09 01:50, ChaosAngel92 wrote:

On 2008-01-09 01:47, QuidProQuo wrote:

And we start the sarcasm list. Glad i see this one comming. But really come on. The slicer is not even a gun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChaosAngel92 on 2008-01-09 01:51 ]</font>

No, I really do want to have all my weapons in one slot so that I never have to switch and can eliminate all other weapon types.

Lineek
Jan 9, 2008, 09:02 AM
A slicer is more of a gun then a sword, also combining a sword with a gun as depicted in you replica"model representation" would not work as a accurate sword/ daggar weapon and the manical parts and the weight of the hilt to blade will unbalence the sword reducing proper execution of swordsmanship technique and/or as a suitable firing weapon due to the addition front end wieght to the barral effecting accurate aim as you would not be able to steady the weapon for cutting your hand off and the other edge will be to fat for a cutting surface due to needing a barrel for the gun.

in this game id rather not as it would ruin classtypes FF with guns on s rank sword not a smart move. thats why its a FF weapon and not a real life or PSU hack. i for one would like to see it stay that way.

You will want a tsurugi next..

your anime pic with twin Lumi style daggers and a six shooter, how your gonna reload?

the small "detatchable" dagger on the end of a rifle is a Bayanet(most likely spelt wrong)

weapons i would like to see are some more traditional style weapons, however i have oblivion for that.

i was dissapointed with the chainsword

would have liked it to look like this

http://www.40ksource.com/refs/media/Chainsword.jpg

Angelo
Jan 9, 2008, 09:09 AM
I actually can't think of any other weapon type they could add that wouldn't be entirely ridiculous.

They have all bases covered:

-Normal weapons seen in games (Swords, Axes, Pistols, etc.)

-Phantasy Star specific (Slicers, Mags, R-Mags).

On 2008-01-09 06:02, Lineek wrote:
A slicer is more of a gun then a sword, also combining a sword with a gun as depicted in you replica"model representation" would not work as a accurate sword/ daggar weapon and the manical parts and the weight of the hilt to blade will unbalence the sword reducing proper execution of swordsmanship technique and/or as a suitable firing weapon due to the addition front end wieght to the barral effecting accurate aim as you would not be able to steady the weapon for cutting your hand off and the other edge will be to fat for a cutting surface due to needing a barrel for the gun.

Look, I agree that Gunblades don't really belong in this game..

..But for the love of God do not bring up real-world physics and practicality in a game that has Svaltus Sword.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Angelo on 2008-01-09 06:10 ]</font>

Vickie
Jan 9, 2008, 09:17 AM
they should make a pa for slicers that lets you use them as melee, as for a weapon it would be cool if they made stationary machine guns that you cant move with while shooting but they shoot crazy fast, and assault rifles
also they should make bullets for rifles that can do different damage types like Melee shot and technic shot, for enemies that are strong against bullets

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vickie on 2008-01-09 06:19 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vickie on 2008-01-09 06:21 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jan 9, 2008, 09:24 AM
Gunblades aren't exactly far fetched as an idea. We did have Bayonettes for a long long time. That's why the Gears of War chainsaw on a gun wasn't exactly a big clash of ideas.

One idea that might work is a Staff/Spear combo. That is, it's dual sided and the top part is used to channel the techs, while the back part is the sharp Spear part. Another not far-fetched idea. Of course, I'm just talking about speculating weapon combinations in a broad general context.

gryphonvii
Jan 9, 2008, 09:49 AM
On 2008-01-09 06:09, Angelo wrote:
I actually can't think of any other weapon type they could add that wouldn't be entirely ridiculous.

..But for the love of God do not bring up real-world physics and practicality in a game that has Svaltus Sword.

also don't bring physics in a game in which "riding on top of your spear does more damage than say, stabbing someone with it"

Akaimizu
Jan 9, 2008, 10:30 AM
But it can!!! I mean. Donovan from the Vampire Hunter series did it!!!

(Beach Boy/DarkStalkers moment)
If everybody had a broadsword,
and they could surf it too.
They would be surfin' and a Huntin,
all the night through.
Who said the blood of a dark one,
can't be a surfer too.
You catch a Rikuo Wave and you're sittin' on top of the world!!
You catch an Aulbath Wave and you're sittin' on top of the world!!

You keep a C4 in your basket,
you'd better use it too.
Or you'll be dancin' with Dimitri (Dancin' 'mitri USA),
all the night through (Dancin' Vampire USA).
Some fiery welcomes for Sasquatch;
a Mummy to blow away!
And you'll have fun fun fun, 'till your apple scares the Lilith away.
And you'll have fun fun fun, 'till your apple scares the Lilith away.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-09 07:38 ]</font>

Kylie
Jan 9, 2008, 10:50 AM
Um, I'd like real battle fans or something like that. Yes, more elegant, "femenine" weapons because I like them. *thinks* Honestly, I cannot think of much else... I kind of rather have another set or two, three of ultimate arts.

daniel_drago
Jan 9, 2008, 11:01 AM
lets just get this straight

FF is a different game to PSU
plus i think 'people' would whine like crazy if they saw gunblade replicas in PSU.
'people' = FF fans...i think theyre myth IMHO but apparently they exist http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

oh and for the one who said they are disapointed with chainsawd....u realise its from PSO right? if not go look it up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Lineek
Jan 9, 2008, 12:16 PM
OMG have you got nothing better to do then have a whine because i simply stated as to why I dont like the idea.

Didnt realise i wasnt allowed to to say why i dont like it just because i used real world physics as a "example" to my reasoning. jeez

I did put a PSU related reason as well so i didn't completely go off track.

I guess people just need to make themselve look big by attacking someone else just because THEY dont like that persons reasoning.

how childish.

shame really, i thought this forum was above that sort of thing. oh well.

i still am not keen on the idea simply becouse i do not think it would fit the way the classes are organised currently within the game. and to agree with Daniel Drago, this is not Final Fantasy.

KyEmo
Jan 9, 2008, 12:53 PM
On 2008-01-09 05:40, Mewnie wrote:
Square fanboi alert!

What we need to freshen this up, is some Squall and Cloud yaoi. Edgy.

I lol'd.

superdood22
Jan 9, 2008, 03:04 PM
On 2008-01-09 04:30, amtalx wrote:
Interesting idea...but not in PSU. This wouldn't work at all.

yes it would... even though its stupid. :/

Desecration
Jan 9, 2008, 03:45 PM
On 2008-01-09 06:49, gryphonvii wrote:

On 2008-01-09 06:09, Angelo wrote:

also don't bring physics in a game in which "riding on top of your spear does more damage than say, stabbing someone with it"

Lets also not forget the newest twin claw PA we just got, enough said.

Oniko
Jan 9, 2008, 03:55 PM
The gunblade was fun in FFVIII, but I really don't see it working in PSU. Slicer is already a weapon of this type, and much more imaginative, honestly.

That said, though, I still stand by my wish for Photon Pillows and Fuzzy Handcuff Traps to go with my Whips. >.>

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 9, 2008, 03:56 PM
Squall's one of my favorite characters. But yeah, I know Cervantes from Soul Calibur also used that gun / sword combination thingy.

Akaimizu
Jan 9, 2008, 03:58 PM
On 2008-01-09 12:55, Oniko wrote:
The gunblade was fun in FFVIII, but I really don't see it working in PSU. Slicer is already a weapon of this type, and much more imaginative, honestly.

That said, though, I still stand by my wish for Photon Pillows and Fuzzy Handcuff Traps to go with my Whips. >.>

I like the way you think, but something in me tells me I shouldn't. I definitely laughed at this one. Thanks.

Gunslinger-08
Jan 9, 2008, 04:00 PM
If people really wanted a reasonable melee wep, I'd suggest a javelin, one that you could thrust with like a spear, but that could also be thrown.

Sinue_v2
Jan 9, 2008, 04:31 PM
A slicer is more of a gun then a sword

A slicer isn't a gun. It's a ranged melee weapon. A boomerang, basically. However it couldn't work in PSO the way it did in previous games without having a huge amount of downtime waiting for the weapon to return to the thrower. That, it wouldn't fit into the three hit melee weapon pattern. So they just had a base hand unit which threw out "Photon Boomerangs" that hit multiple targets and dissipated. They've been that way ever since. But still, it's a melee weapon.

I could give a damn about gunblades, but I would personally like to see them come out with dual-slicers. Nerfed heavily over current slicers, mind you, but they would still be damned fun to use.

Criss
Jan 9, 2008, 06:36 PM
I imagine some kind of "dagguns" easily feasible in PSU.

Think of twin handguns, but with short photon blades mounted on the tip of the barrel. Normal attack button would have a melee combo like normal melee weapons, and holding the offhand weapon button would fire the guns instead. (Like how you fire an offhand handgun/xbow/etc.) Then you could equip a PA for the melee part and maybe a bullet for the gunning function. Not sure how equipping two PAs (melee and ranged) on the same weapon would work though.

But seriously, there's something much more simple and obvious that I'd want as a new weapon before any of these gimmicks... Twin Machineguns.

GaNksTa
Jan 9, 2008, 06:55 PM
On 2008-01-09 01:25, ChaosAngel92 wrote:
l
Then, someone "hacky" on the party mentioned this....

http://www.animegalleries.net/albums/userpics/40943/HaseoXForm2.jpg

*Points at daggers*

Yes, the one and only popular "oh-so-god" Haseo.

That from the magna?

As I recall, I thought Haseo wore all black and used a type of twin daggers.. though I have only watched ROOTS and not played any of the G.U. games..

seph_monkey
Jan 9, 2008, 06:56 PM
i think it sounds like a good idea, the whole gun and sword thing cept if it was in psu the function would probabily be the same as dualwielding a dagger and a pistol. plus a bunch of people that like to complain for little things would probabily not shut up for a while. and the whole this isnt finalfantasy, chaos angel is just using examples from other games but yea i personally think the idea isnt really that bad it just seems unecessary. i just want something that looks classic that doesnt shoot photon, or have a photon glow >_>
and oh man i would kill for twin machine guns lol but they would probabily need to lower its atp or shoot in burst like in pso wich i wouldnt mind http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: seph_monkey on 2008-01-09 15:59 ]</font>

ChaosAngel92
Jan 9, 2008, 07:04 PM
I was just a dream! A fantasy! I never said i suggest this things to be in PSU. Of course they cant be! Obious, it belongs to Square Enix. Didnt i made clear that? Am i didnt writed well or soem people just read the main part and dosnt read the last part.

superdood22
Jan 9, 2008, 07:15 PM
ooohhh thats where that name came from... wow. heh heh... yeeeah :/ . what is that? is that the .hack game?

zandra117
Jan 9, 2008, 07:27 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kIqnYSNN6Y0

Bayonets in .hack//GU are sort of like gunblades, In PSU they could operate like sabers but use bullets as their PA attack.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2008-01-09 16:32 ]</font>

BloodDragoon
Jan 9, 2008, 09:48 PM
I just want a scythe in this game again. And knuckle weapons that look like you're fighting bare fisted.

Dual slicers would be nice like someone mentioned. I think Dual Whips would look awesome from an eye candy prospective.

chaostroop3
Jan 9, 2008, 11:43 PM
mmmm i like the idea of..... hemmmmmm a dual ended rod thats a combo of dub sword and a rod that will do melee damage and shoot a certan tech 2 times at a distance!!!!!! yaaaa im amazing! and only the uhhhh godwartecher can use XD

EDIT fixed some of my spelling XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chaostroop3 on 2008-01-09 20:45 ]</font>

Lineek
Jan 10, 2008, 06:27 AM
On 2008-01-09 13:31, Sinue_v2 wrote:

A slicer is more of a gun then a sword

A slicer isn't a gun. It's a ranged melee weapon. A boomerang, basically. However it couldn't work in PSO the way it did in previous games without having a huge amount of downtime waiting for the weapon to return to the thrower. That, it wouldn't fit into the three hit melee weapon pattern. So they just had a base hand unit which threw out "Photon Boomerangs" that hit multiple targets and dissipated. They've been that way ever since. But still, it's a melee weapon.

I could give a damn about gunblades, but I would personally like to see them come out with dual-slicers. Nerfed heavily over current slicers, mind you, but they would still be damned fun to use.

I am well aware the slicer is not a gun.

If you read what i wrote it said
"the slicer is "MORE" of gun then a sword" as every attack fires a ranged beam so to speak. i didnt say it "IS" a gun.

anyways, the idea of two whips i agree with completely, would look lush.

Reginaldo
Jan 10, 2008, 06:47 AM
First of all, yes there were swords that could also shoot bullets centuries ago.

However, this is totally different from a gunblade used in Final Fantasy VIII. This is why a gunblade has no place in this game because the thing that set a gunblade apart from other weapons in Final Fantasy has already been implemented in PSU.

The point of the trigger mechanism was to send vibrations throughout the gunblade, causing critical damage. It didn't shoot bullets at all.

Sounds alot like using Just Attack, doesn't it?

Topic finished.

Lineek
Jan 10, 2008, 08:14 AM
watched Advent children have we?

Reginaldo
Jan 10, 2008, 11:39 AM
Wasn't a gunblade like the one in FF8.

RadiantLegend
Jan 10, 2008, 11:49 AM
Pwand would make a good spear XD

Lineek
Jan 10, 2008, 11:55 AM
i didnt realise we were specifically dealing with FF8, thought is was gunblades in general

SATatami
Jan 10, 2008, 02:07 PM
Sage.

moneyman
Jan 10, 2008, 03:07 PM
bah......fortegunners have been seriously neglected wit all these new weps.......i demand a degahna,rattle,bil de bull cannon.....which has level 50 kill shot SE

rogue_robot
Jan 10, 2008, 03:20 PM
As much as I hate to admit, I'm going to have to side with the Square-fanboyism here for a moment (albeit for my own reasons)...

Setting aside the FF gunblade itself, multi-function weapons are quite a reality, in frequent use in modern warfare, and it would be nice to see them reflected in the game, where we're supposed to be living in a society radically advanced over present-day Earth. As was already mentioned, consider bayonets. Or, for that matter, one of the uses of the rail-integration system on a typical US military assault rifle - to attach a grenade launcher, creating a single weapon that fires in two fashions.

Furthermore, as was also already mentioned, Gears of War has such a thing - the chainsaw on the assault rifle - as does Halo, with at least half of Brute weaponry having some sort of axe or dagger blade factory-installed somewhere on it (of course, in both cases, the firearm serves as the primary, and the hand-to-hand weapon is secondary - like bayonets).

And even minding game balance, this wouldn't be too difficult to integrate - the combo weapons could be limited in that they are just generically weaker with PAs, or only capable of PAs for one of the two weapons, or that you've got to be a hybrid with proficiency in the two combined weapons to use them (or they could be given to acros/protranny).

It's not exactly a bad idea, nor is it even anywhere near as unrealistic as some other stuff which already crops up in this game (wtf is the big deal with photons - since when where ordinary, mundane particles of electromagnetic radiation especially reactive to "spirit energy?").

Schuler
Jan 10, 2008, 08:42 PM
NUNCHUCKS!

Sinue_v2
Jan 10, 2008, 09:24 PM
wtf is the big deal with photons - since when where ordinary, mundane particles of electromagnetic radiation especially reactive to "spirit energy?"

Star Wars.

Phantasy Star has always leaned heavily on Star Wars references in the classic games because the original designers loved the mixing of Eastern & Western concepts and the mixing of high fantasy with Sci-Fi, and this was carried over in PSO since it coincided with the release of the new Star Wars Ep I. Photon Saber/Light Sabers... get it? Photons were then added as an intregal part of the storyline since they represent the "light" in the continuing struggle of Light vs. Darkness. Even in PSU, Photons are worshiped as the "Holy Light". It was a way to propel and continue the saga of the Great Light vs. the Profound Darkness.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2008-01-10 18:25 ]</font>

KyEmo
Jan 10, 2008, 09:52 PM
Not to mention red dubs = Darth Maul.

HaydenX
Jan 10, 2008, 10:01 PM
Back to the original topic...
How about a halberd? You combine a spear with an axe.

How about dual mechgun (oh wait...that already existed in PSO).

How about single use projectile weapons (throwing daggers, bombs, missiles...etc.).

How about a photon slingshot.

rogue_robot
Jan 10, 2008, 10:50 PM
I know, Sinue...

...it's just a weird habit of many magic-oriented sci-fi settings in general (not just PSU and Star Wars). Xenosaga does it, too (with all energy weapons being based on the magic attack stat, at least in the first and third games), as do many others.

On topic: Good one, HaydenX. Halberds are a great example of combo weapons - one of the most popular medieval weapons, because they had all the functionality of a sword, without the cost of a sword, but didn't lose out on axe/spear raw power, either.

Sinue_v2
Jan 10, 2008, 10:55 PM
Photon Slings actually do sound like a cool concept. Not so much slingshots (maybe as a toy or joke weapon), but like the old-style David & Goliath slings. Cept you wouldn't have to reload them - just whip them around let them fly in three bursts per combo. For a PA, maybe make them home in and explode on an enemy - or shower an enemy mob in a 90 degree radius with a shower of photon pellets.

And of course, make a dual weild version of them.

Come on... you NEVER really see slings in fantasy games.

ChaosAngel92
Jan 10, 2008, 10:55 PM
Everyone here is assuming I SUGGEST this weapon be on PSU?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChaosAngel92 on 2008-01-10 19:57 ]</font>

rogue_robot
Jan 10, 2008, 11:12 PM
Actually, slings wouldn't be so bad, either. And no, you don't see them too often - I've only ever seen them in Dungeons & Dragons and D&D-based stuff like NWN. And it's not as if we don't already have photon bows, which make little to no sense in a realistic viewpoint as is...

Slings are one of those sorely underrated weapons - slings used bullets before guns did! (And just about the same kind of bullets as the earliest guns, too - just plain old small lead spheres!)

EDIT: ChaosAngel, I have nothing against the idea of a gunblade-type weapon in PSU, I'd just prefer it be more gun and less blade if it is going to actually be usable for shooting things. You know, like having a bayonet, or a blade-like attachment, but with the PAs themselves still being bullets. (Of course, you'd probably be able to JA into the shot, as the sub-weapon blade would take the normal attack button, and the primary weapon, the rifle/pistol itself, would of course take the PA button...)

EDIT 2: Wow, that would be a godsend for RAnger-type classes. Guns taking advantage of JA? Now all we'd need is something for FOrce-types to cash in with, too...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rogue_robot on 2008-01-10 20:29 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rogue_robot on 2008-01-10 20:31 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Jan 10, 2008, 11:27 PM
Yeah, they were. Actually - instead of giving them PAs, make them ranged weapons for RA types only. Have them ricochet off enemies to hit multiple targets. It'd be kind of like a slicer for rangers.

Kamiense
Jan 10, 2008, 11:32 PM
I'd say the Omega RYNO 4-Ever VX. Fifteen shots per second with 5000 ATP modifier. 9000 PP since 900 isn't enough ammo for the PSU universe.

I think that's balanced.

(Not serious)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kamiense on 2008-01-10 20:33 ]</font>

Schuler
Jan 11, 2008, 12:08 AM
yeah lets just give ourselves the BMFG (doom fans know what im talking about) It could have a 2,000,000 ATP modifier and 50000 PP. honestly people lets be realistic here....we need photon NUNCHUCKS!

rogue_robot
Jan 11, 2008, 12:17 AM
Wow, Schuler, first you diss others' ideas, then you say "lets be realistic - photon nunchucks."

Realistically speaking, photon nunchaku are impossible. You'd accomplish nothing more than frying your own hands off, seeing as the part of a nunchaku you normally hit someone with is also the part you, you know, hold in your hands.

There's nothing wrong with a gun weapon that has a bayonet or blade attachment. In exchange for the melee-capable attachment, it just wouldn't have the ATA of other guns, that's all.

EDIT: There's nothing unrealistic about blade attachments to guns either. Read your history, and you might learn something. Old muskets had such god-awful accuracy either way that the bayonet was a godsend.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rogue_robot on 2008-01-10 21:19 ]</font>

ChaosAngel92
Jan 11, 2008, 02:09 AM
And yet nobody answer my question. Sigh and the god damn Gunblades was just an example, what i pointed out back there, and i reacall it is that how it would be a weapon with melee and ranged integrated. God, what i have done.

RavenTW
Jan 11, 2008, 02:19 AM
You reminded people of the Slicer, Chaos Angel, that's what you've done.

Personally, I want a triple-system blade in PSU. A Twin Saber that could stay as twins, link back-to-back to be a Double Saber, or link into one blade for the two-handed Sword. This would count as one weapon in your inventory, and either takes up three slots on the palatte, or you could toggle between modes by using the "offhand" button.

Yes, I'm fully aware only FighGunners could use this, and only if it's A-rank. Still, it would be kick-ass in my personal opinion.

Mewnie
Jan 11, 2008, 12:34 PM
On 2008-01-10 23:09, ChaosAngel92 wrote:
Sigh and the god damn Gunblades was just an example, what i pointed out back there, and i reacall it is that how it would be a weapon with melee and ranged integrated. God, what i have done.

You took the idea out for dinner, bought it some drinks, then took it home and gave it the best oral sex it ever had.

Anyone could picture you drooling with glee as you wrote that. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/MagpieMouse/MewnPSU/emot-awesome.gif

Everian
Jan 11, 2008, 04:48 PM
to be honest it wouldnt be that hard to put in the game.

think of it as a two-handed weapon.
Normal state: Sword attack and Photon Skill
Alt State: Gun fire ability

also the stats would be easy to think up. just take he sword and the gun stats and combine them together.

ok look, Imagine this one, a GRM Gun Blade 7*

(combination of a Beam gun and Jitseen

ATP:141
ACC:185
ATT:354
PP:412

higher ACC and ATT than a Beam Gun, but alos higher PP than a normal Jitseen. also its ATP req is 40 pts low than the Jitseen.

the Photon art would be hard to think up.
1st part: think rising strike part 1 then fire the gun up at the enemy
2nd part: slashes arcossas the enemy falls and fires off antoher shot
3rd part: spins round 2 or 3 times like tornado break causing melee damage and firing off range shots as well in random directions

not hard to do i think