PDA

View Full Version : Will failing 7* slicer give catilium?

drankakeg
Jan 9, 2008, 12:34 PM
I know 8* fuma-hiken can but will failing the 7* one also give a chance to get it?

does failing anything else give a chance?

milka
Jan 9, 2008, 12:46 PM
synth them with El-photon and Im-photons. works for me =D

EngelBlut
Jan 9, 2008, 01:30 PM
its a very small chance that catilium will come from a 7* it can happen ive done it myself

drankakeg
Jan 9, 2008, 01:37 PM
Does the chance increases as the number of stars go up?

Indica
Jan 9, 2008, 01:40 PM
Best weapon I know of is 7* Moatoob Long Sword in a Non-Striking PM. It gives a 22% Chance when using IM Photons.

Mass synth a bunch of them and 85% will fail.

Turbobrain
Jan 9, 2008, 02:00 PM
This is really not worth it unless you have all materials, really. I have done experiments and you only get 1 in about 12 at best(then, as this game is... a few at a time). You can fail 40 and get nothing, of course some will succeed. Even if you have al the materials(and its a almost criminal waste of Mot Ebon) to 'fail' these then the boards(say 10) alone will cost you more than a Catilium from a player store(500k when busy, 600k tops). I dunno, I always seem to have more Catilums than I need(I sell them wholesale or just give them away to friends who need them)... maybe I'm just lucky with them or unlucky with 2 handed melee weapon board drops?

Of course, you could always just do the Holy Ground S2(or maybe S... even A) and just do the 2 maps where you get the -niums in under a minute, I would say with 2/3 luck you would have the same odds as per board failing(not putting in and 20% of making) in under a minute. You save yourselve 50k minimum anywayz. Of course, the synth seems to give a load of Mot Waklna but other than that, dolls, Cladorian, Neptuline, Merculine but not often Catilium.

I can see the price of Catilium rising again with the Winter Event coming this Friday along with certain other materials(lol I've alreay invested in a load of material X's to sell at profit or give away). The synth fail method is simply not worth it.... of course someone will always say'oh I made 500 in a row' and if you've got the money to waste or need Mot Ebons badly I guess it is an intresting experiment. I cant believe that THIS 'method' was once a 'secret'.

Saying that, I wish I didnt dump literally 100's of 7* two handed melee weapon boards and Kersalines I got from spamming United Front/Moatoob.

Turbobrain
Jan 9, 2008, 02:05 PM
oops double post:)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2008-01-09 11:55 ]</font>

Indica
Jan 9, 2008, 02:18 PM
I tried the Holy Grounds and have not had much luck. After like 50 attempts and 2 hours, I got maybe like 5 Catilium.

The best map I had had success is Dual Ragnus. Not so much the boxes, but some areas have Poles that you use your Goggles and break them. I found more Catilium on that map then Holy Grounds.

Turbobrain
Jan 9, 2008, 02:54 PM
On 2008-01-09 11:18, Indica wrote:
I tried the Holy Grounds and have not had much luck. After like 50 attempts and 2 hours, I got maybe like 5 Catilium.

The best map I had had success is Dual Ragnus. Not so much the boxes, but some areas have Poles that you use your Goggles and break them. I found more Catilium on that map then Holy Grounds.

Each HG 'Catilum' run should take around a minute though I dont do the 'long' route, 2 hours/ 50 runs?.... but yeah 5 in 50 runs sounds is about what I get... I've only done this a few times as really I dont have problems getting Catilium... or maybe I dont get enough [B]'s:)

Of course luck effects IF something appears in those boxxes so decent luck will cut down runs.

I've not tried DS for Catilium but I've heard it's quite good for these materials.

Indica
Jan 9, 2008, 03:20 PM
I never did the whole run, just the first 2 rooms..etc I was also LV Megid at the same time, trying to kill 2 birds w/ 1 stone, that's why it was taking longer then normal.

McLaughlin
Jan 9, 2008, 05:46 PM
On 2008-01-09 11:18, Indica wrote:

Oh, come on!

drankakeg
Jan 9, 2008, 06:26 PM
Is the chance of getting catilium the same at failing a 7* board like hiken vs failing 8* board like fuma-hiken?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: drankakeg on 2008-01-09 15:28 ]</font>

Yusaku_Kudou
Jan 9, 2008, 06:41 PM
I do [B] Deathdancic (8* Kubara) on a level 0 bot with El-Photons and it says 4%.

pikachief
Jan 9, 2008, 06:47 PM
have u ever succeeded? lol

drankakeg
Jan 9, 2008, 06:58 PM
Not talking percentages of getting a created weapon, I am talking about does a 7* board have less of a chance of giving a good item such as catilium for failing then a 8* board that fails

HaydenX
Jan 9, 2008, 09:30 PM
I got a catilium from failing a vish tien 8* whip.

SailorDaravon
Jan 9, 2008, 11:56 PM
What version(s) of Holy Ground has the quick catilium boxes?

mvffin
Jan 10, 2008, 01:23 AM
On 2008-01-09 10:40, Indica wrote:
Best weapon I know of is 7* Moatoob Long Sword in a Non-Striking PM. It gives a 22% Chance when using IM Photons.

Mass synth a bunch of them and 85% will fail.

lol

actually, 78% will fail.

math lol

oooWaveooo
Jan 10, 2008, 01:41 AM
hey guys, i found 5 catilium in 2.5 hours earlier doing holy ground. didn't have to synth anything