PDA

View Full Version : which NPCs do YOU solo with?

majan
Jan 9, 2008, 01:54 PM
your PM? if so, what kind,and its name? or do you run with pansy hyuga ryght? or the beast twins leo and tonnio? have you the patience to go that far in story mode?

who are your running mates when the stupidity of random parties gets to you and your friends arent on?

I usually run with my PMs, which for my FT is named VEGETASHUKEN, GH 414. she's called 'shuken' because she is the evolution of the original vegeta,which was a 410. don't ask me where I came up with 'shuken'.
for my cast I usually bring DENDE, who is a 420 now but eventually may become a 424 and become a shuken as well.

terms of NPCs Ill usually bring anybody except laia because she just aggravates me. I havent had the patience to go the lengths to get leo or tonnio,but that new dude is a beast also(I forget his name,the guy we get in the next story mode mission) so I think Ill just push to get him and run with him and my PMs for both characters.

Phetty
Jan 9, 2008, 02:00 PM
On my Beast FF/FG I bring my Striking PM(GH413) who's name is a bit unappropriate for these forums, and Maya Shidow for her Giresta/Resta.
On my Newman AT I bring my Ranged PM(GH432) who I can't remember it's name. And usually a random NPC I can use as a meat shield.

stukasa
Jan 9, 2008, 02:00 PM
My main is a fT so I'd pick Leo and Tonnio to cover me with brute strength while I stay back and cast my techs. It seems to work pretty well, especially in tough places like B4 of Sleeping Warriors. Playing as one of my non-techer alts I'd substitute Leo with Maya for some free healing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Golto
Jan 9, 2008, 02:01 PM
Tonnio and Maya. Maya has Resta and Giresta and Tonnio likes to spam more damaging PAs than other melee npcs.

Alamar
Jan 9, 2008, 02:01 PM
When I solo I just run with my PM. some of the other npc's IMO are not good. Tonnio on the other hand is good I occasionally run with him and my PM

Vashyron
Jan 9, 2008, 02:11 PM
Tonnio + PM

majan
Jan 9, 2008, 02:16 PM
I found maya's resta/giresta useful as well but I tend to end up having to wait way too long for her to cast it. trimates are faster than she is and while it helps to have someone who can heal I find that instead of her slow doofy ass I can have someone thats outputting a lot more damage while just relying on trimates.

Mwabwetumba
Jan 9, 2008, 02:24 PM
If the choice is mine, I'll always choose Lou along with my PM.

Yoshimatsue
Jan 9, 2008, 02:26 PM
personally i use ethan and tylerdue to prowess with sabers

KyEmo
Jan 9, 2008, 02:27 PM
Tonnio and my PM, because she is cybernetic cuteness.

Kylie
Jan 9, 2008, 02:28 PM
Maya and PM or Laia and PM. Going to switch it up with Tylor / Curtz once they're out. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I rarely solo though.

Mikura
Jan 9, 2008, 02:28 PM
I either use Lou and my PM or Tonnio and PM. Those are what I use when I'm an AT because she needs adequate meat shields and strong melee support.

If I'm FF, I use Maya and my PM for heals and as a meatshield/diversion.

Indica
Jan 9, 2008, 02:29 PM
Majority of time I use Tonnio and my PM.

KyEmo
Jan 9, 2008, 02:30 PM
I might just take my PM out come Tylor. If he's smart that is.

Maybe a JP player could speak some about Tylors Weps/ AI?

amtalx
Jan 9, 2008, 02:31 PM
I kick too much ass to bring NPCs with me...

Laia and my PM. I'd consider Maya, but Hootie McBoob can't fight for jack.

beatrixkiddo
Jan 9, 2008, 02:33 PM
Any two from the following: PM, Tonnio, Leo. I've used Tylor on JP and he's kind of dissappointing. Invincibility nano is NOT what I use beast NPCs for, thanks!

WBMike
Jan 9, 2008, 02:34 PM
At first I used Maya/Lumia and Leo, then I switched over to Lou and Leo. Lou is like WOW, she actually HEALS, and when your poisoned she comes up to you and fixes that too. Most of the time she just looks like she's staring off into space and shoots one bullet then takes a break, but when your in trouble she's there to help.

MAKE THE SWITCH TO LOU!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Kylie
Jan 9, 2008, 02:37 PM
On 2008-01-09 11:33, beatrixkiddo wrote:
Any two from the following: PM, Tonnio, Leo. I've used Tylor on JP and he's kind of dissappointing. Invincibility nano is NOT what I use beast NPCs for, thanks!

Some of us need eye candy to keep awake during soloing, BK. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Krisan
Jan 9, 2008, 02:37 PM
I tend to bring Hyuga along, since he's a moderately decent fighter (not really good, but eh) and he acts as a relatively competent healer.. He uses Reverser and Resta regularly, which can be a lot of help. I also bring my PM along because she heals with surprising frequency for her type.. (She's a 433) Between the two of them I almost never have to use a Trimate, plus the SE's from the PM and extra damage from Hyuga make for a well rounded team overall I think.

Maya is just too retarded for me to ever use her, I fear. Her heals are great mind you, but she just never uses them.. My RANGED PM casts her heals more often than Maya does, so something just isn't right about that to me. <_< And Leo and Tonnio while good with damage, never especially impressed me for some reason.. I'd say I like Tonnio better between the two of em though. As for Laia, while she can be useful sometimes her AI seems kinda funky.. I regularly see her switching weapons back and forth while she's just standing around idle, leading her to go into combat with the inappropriate weapon sometimes.. And as much as I love Lou, she's just not.. useful. She hardly ever uses her rifle, and her sabers aren't exactly awesome damage.. Plus I haven't seen her SUV in the longest time, so she just seems a poor choice compared to the rest. >_> (Although, she does heal decently sometimes.. that's about her only saving grace. Still, I'd rather use Hyuga since he has Reverser and better combat intelligence.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krisan on 2008-01-09 11:38 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Jan 9, 2008, 02:42 PM
Leo isn't good enough for you? Some people http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jan 9, 2008, 02:44 PM
Tonnio and the PM.

JeanDirk
Jan 9, 2008, 02:45 PM
For my FT I take my PM GH 414 (Amethyst) and Lou cause double sabers are my fav melee weapon since PSO.

For my Fighgunner, I take my PM GH 450 for the healing stuff and a random NPC.

Maya may heal sometimes but she isn't half as good as the Force PMs. I hate her because she dies even when monsters just sneeze on her...

KyEmo
Jan 9, 2008, 02:52 PM
On 2008-01-09 11:33, beatrixkiddo wrote:
I've used Tylor on JP and he's kind of dissappointing. Invincibility nano is NOT what I use beast NPCs for, thanks!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

WBMike
Jan 9, 2008, 02:56 PM
On 2008-01-09 11:37, Lorelei wrote:

Some of us need eye candy to keep awake during soloing, BK. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

But I thought Leo was eyecandy :< .. Oops I mean.. Maya all she does is OMG SHOES...Dies...

Ssslither
Jan 9, 2008, 02:57 PM
Just my pm Wicked [443]. She's almost a 90 BS - I'll even bring her in party's of 6 cause she'll run around healing everyone.

Astarin
Jan 9, 2008, 02:59 PM
As a Fortetecher, I bring Leo and my GH-451 Sylph everywhere.

Sylph is nice and aggressive, drawing lots of enemy aggro. Leo deals strong melee damage where I cannot, Nanoblasts against bosses, and doesn't send mobs flying everywhere. I try to keep them clumped together to that I can kill enemies more quickly with technics, and Tonnio's PA's all cause blow-away.

Kylie
Jan 9, 2008, 03:09 PM
On 2008-01-09 11:42, beatrixkiddo wrote:
Leo isn't good enough for you? Some people http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

W. Kylet doesn't flirt with married men! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

AlphaMinotaux
Jan 9, 2008, 03:38 PM
Forgot Tonnio and PM as a poll option which is what I use.

SStrikerR
Jan 9, 2008, 03:54 PM
With my main, who's a fighgunner, I use 2 combos, my pm and laia, or my pm and maya.
Once their out I'll be using Ethan and Tylor aswell.

Sinue_v2
Jan 9, 2008, 04:14 PM
I tend to bring Hyuga, if only for the fact that I like watching him get set on fire and then screaming "Oh god, my beautiful face! Noo!!". Actually, Hyuga is one of my favorite characters from PSU along with Hiru Vol, Lou, Tyler, and Liina.

The only two PMs I have raised are a GHX431 named Piata and a GHX444 named Zosa. I'm trying to make a GHX423 and 453/454. Dunno what towns I'll name them after. Though I'll probably turn my 450 model into a 470 at some point.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2008-01-09 19:47 ]</font>

Ken_Silver
Jan 9, 2008, 04:40 PM
I like to bring Lumia and Maya for soloing, since I don't normally use magic (minus support ones) and Maya tends to heal once in a while. When I'm going up against stronger opponets, I bring Leo and Tonnio for Ultima damage. I don't have a PM, so that option is no good for me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Once we get Ethan's partner card (if ever) I'll be using the Waber Family.

Ryudo
Jan 9, 2008, 07:01 PM
Maya always and my GH424
cant argue with giresta and jabroga

ilovetypemoon
Jan 9, 2008, 07:15 PM
I bring Lumia for the loli facto... I mean, her amazing healing abilities.

superdood22
Jan 9, 2008, 07:17 PM
NPC's are so lame... however are good grant shot barriers. I never use them.

TheTofuShop
Jan 9, 2008, 07:23 PM
is there a way i can get Luciam Nav's PC online?

...i dont think there is...but there should be!

Marik
Jan 9, 2008, 07:37 PM
On Acrotecher I have GH-412 and Laia and on Fortefighter GH-450 and Lumia.

Noblewine
Jan 9, 2008, 07:39 PM
I like to have a beat down party so I tend to include my PM and Lou because she funny. Another is Tonnio and Leo.

-Tidus_415-
Jan 9, 2008, 09:15 PM
PM & Maya. Maya barely does damage but she does use Resta/Reverse pretty often and has saved me a few times.

elshaw27
Jan 9, 2008, 09:20 PM
i usually solo with my foretefighter so i bring maya, she may not be good for fighting but most PCs arnt anyway. her giresta comes in handy, and of course i always bring my own bot.

BloodDragoon
Jan 9, 2008, 09:39 PM
I use my PM Roll GH413 and Lou,

BahnKnakyu
Jan 9, 2008, 10:24 PM
Oi, you're missing two options:
Leo & PM
Tonnio & PM

Me, I bring Leo & PM, only because I can't stand the fact Tonnio is voiced by a girl, both on the JP and US side. That and I don't like the character overall, even though he's fairly good as an NPC.

Pengfishh
Jan 9, 2008, 10:35 PM
I run around with little Pengfish, the 413. Walking TripleDimate with a proper tongue.

mvffin
Jan 10, 2008, 01:38 AM
I bring my PM and whichever NPC has more luck that day. whether luck is cumulative or not, NPC's don't do much except take damage, so it doesn't really matter which one I use.

Genoa
Jan 10, 2008, 02:21 AM
On 2008-01-09 11:31, amtalx wrote:
I kick too much ass to bring NPCs with me...

Laia and my PM. I'd consider Maya, but Hootie McBoob can't fight for jack.

Hahah, ... Hottie McBoob xD
Yeah she can't fight, but I bring her anyways ;o ... with my PM of course.

Weeaboolits
Jan 10, 2008, 05:02 AM
Raru(my GH422) and Lou, I'll occasionally bring Lumia for a laugh.

DoubleV
Jan 10, 2008, 06:56 AM
i would use my PM and maya, always do. as im a FF i need backup like healing. and forces are always handy

Fanin
Jan 10, 2008, 12:01 PM
Since I'm a fF/FG, I bring Maya with me for healing, and either my PM or Tonnio for extra damage.

AZKlegend
Jan 10, 2008, 12:20 PM
I like to use just my PM bot.

CAST-Sapphire
Jan 10, 2008, 12:29 PM
I solo with my PM Saphir. She's a GH442 and Hyuga.

Seira7
Jan 10, 2008, 12:30 PM
I bring my 450 series (either 450/451 or 454, I like them all) and Hyuga, cause I need a cute boy on muh arm to go a-fightin with XD.

Blue-Hawk
Jan 10, 2008, 12:31 PM
You forgot the other choice. I usually use either Laia or my PM with Lumia. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

relentless
Jan 10, 2008, 12:40 PM
Since my PM's btl stat isn't 200 yet I usually bring either only my PM or together with Tonnio as back-up with me.

When I want to do the most of a solo run I get Leo & Tonnio.

Maya / PM for free resta.

Sha Sha
Jan 10, 2008, 01:38 PM
On my main Marron:
Shagami a Pm i forgot her number xD 416 i think the dagger one xD
depending on the mission either Tonnio, Leo and yes Hyuga
for me his rather decent
I cant stand taking Maya or Laia unless its a storymission and you have too

Xefi
Jan 10, 2008, 01:54 PM
when i played as my fortefighter or fortegunner, i bring along Maya, for healing, and my PM, for extra healing/buffing.

when i played as my force, wartech, guntech, or aerotech, i bring along tonnio and PM.

And when i played with other people, i bring whatever NPCs until there are 5 people, then i can kicked the NPC for the last person to enter. Sounds harsh, but they make a good diversion and invite others to come in my game, maybe.

Helly
Jan 10, 2008, 02:27 PM
For me its usually my PM (cute lil healbot) and Tonnio (most effective fighting partner).

Anduril
Jan 10, 2008, 02:32 PM
I solo with my 451 Sara and Lou. I love Sara's odd trash talk, and I just love Lou.

Minamo
Jan 10, 2008, 03:47 PM
Tylor is great with my AT/FT. Imagine that there are so many vandas in front of you in MAG and keep burning, his invincible nanoblast is really effective. (I just keep on healing him from burning then he transforms)

Tonio is good but don't forget he is hunter LV1 while Tylor is fortefighter LV1 that makes the difference.

Schuler
Jan 10, 2008, 08:34 PM
My PM and Maya. They heal pretty often.

KyEmo
Jan 10, 2008, 10:03 PM
Why do a lot of people run with Lou?

Hyper_Rappy
Jan 10, 2008, 10:27 PM
leo and PM FTW. my PMs name is Lord of Pain.

i dont acctually solo that much though

Schuler
Jan 11, 2008, 12:01 AM
On 2008-01-09 10:54, majan wrote:
your PM? if so, what kind,and its name? or do you run with pansy hyuga ryght? or the beast twins leo and tonnio? have you the patience to go that far in story mode?

who are your running mates when the stupidity of random parties gets to you and your friends arent on?

I usually run with my PMs, which for my FT is named VEGETASHUKEN, GH 414. she's called 'shuken' because she is the evolution of the original vegeta,which was a 410. don't ask me where I came up with 'shuken'.
for my cast I usually bring DENDE, who is a 420 now but eventually may become a 424 and become a shuken as well.

terms of NPCs Ill usually bring anybody except laia because she just aggravates me. I havent had the patience to go the lengths to get leo or tonnio,but that new dude is a beast also(I forget his name,the guy we get in the next story mode mission) so I think Ill just push to get him and run with him and my PMs for both characters.

Maya and my PM are the way to go for me just because they resta a decent amount. well actually i was going to say i solo with your mom but that one is kinda overused now....

OldCoot
Jan 11, 2008, 01:04 AM
My choice isn't on the list. Tonnio and my PM. The PM is in so I can work on Bst at the same time and I choose Tonnio because he might survive and turn all Red on whatever I am fighting. Also his attacks tend to scatter mobs and that for me helps with what I am usually doing.

Gen2000
Jan 11, 2008, 03:25 AM
As a techer class, Leo and PM or Tonnio.
As a fighter/gunner, Leo and Maya.

I mainly just use PM to raise battle stat. Tonnio is awesome for his damage but I sometimes don't like how he knocks enemies all around, messes up my battle plans. I like how Leo actually tanks and draws all the enemies near him into one neat spot. The potential to have two Red Nanoblast beasts running around is a nice draw for me to keep Tonnio around though.

Why do a lot of people run with Lou?

She better on the eyes than Maya.

Shiryuu
Jan 11, 2008, 04:09 AM
PM and if I have his card, Tonnio. But that's too much work to do for like 12 characters, so it's mostly Laia and PM.