PDA

View Full Version : Does the old Mad Creatures S or S2 bullet leveling still wor

drankakeg
Jan 9, 2008, 06:56 PM
I used to leave it on over night to lvl bullets. I tried a few weeks ago and couldnt get the vahras to just stand and cast resta without completly followin me and then disapperaring.

I also tried standing behind the 2 haystacks and aiming just above them so it hits the enemy and not the stacks. That used to work

Does this still work? If not, is there another way I can lvl bullets while AFK

Inazuma
Jan 9, 2008, 07:32 PM
get the map w/ polties on a narrow path. go past em, kill all vahras cept the leader. then lure the leader back to around the polty spawn location. you want to position yourself in a safe corner there, w/ the polties in front of you, and the vahra stuck behind the rock just to your rite. this way you can freely attack the low evade polties and not ever risk hitting the vahra, so he can use resta as fast as possible. hope that made sense.

drankakeg
Jan 9, 2008, 07:43 PM
You are talking about mad creatures S corect? Or was it plain overlords?

I just remeber you do it with the map you run up the litle hill in the beginning

Inazuma
Jan 9, 2008, 10:58 PM
its the first mission from parum east. i usually either cant read or just dont pay much attention to mission names. here is a screenshot of me using this method to level cards.
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/5315/cardexceptforlightonevg7.th.jpg (http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cardexceptforlightonevg7.jpg)

chaostroop3
Jan 9, 2008, 11:01 PM
huh? do u need a auto controller to do this .....

drankakeg
Jan 10, 2008, 07:54 AM
yes it you need either a auto controller or if you are using the pc u can download a program called joytokey.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PC only. Sorry folks.

1) Download JoyToKey.
(JoyToKey is a keyboard to controller button mapping program. So long as it's open in the background, it will remap any buttons you configure it to.)

2) Make a new profile on it. Configure whatever button number your control pad is to the Arrow Down key, assuming that's your basic attack key on your keyboard.
(I.E. I use an Xbox controller for the PC version and my attack button is X, so it's button 3 according to your Windows Game Pad configuration program.)

3) In the assign function menu, after you've assigned Arrow Down key to the button, set the Automatic Shooting slider to 15, which is right in the center of the slider. Then, press OK.

4) Enjoy having Rapid Fire! Simply hold your attack button down and you should continuously fire at the correct intervals. No more having to tap constantly.

Now, with this knowledge I'm sure you can think of even more creative ways to make shooting things standing still easier. *coughtapecough* But if you're going to exploit walls in Plains Overlord, might as well go all the way right?

Itchee
Jan 10, 2008, 01:01 PM
While the geeky PC gamer in me applaudes your workaround method....
...the 360 gamer in me insists doing this makes you a lazy bastard.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jan 10, 2008, 01:06 PM
*levels bullets old-fashioned way*

ChaosAngel92
Jan 10, 2008, 01:16 PM
I though this technich was a giltch? o_O

chaostroop3
Jan 10, 2008, 02:41 PM
i dont use guns lol dosent help me

relentless
Jan 10, 2008, 02:52 PM
I think block 3 in Plains Overlord with 3 Vahra and Vahra King as first spawn is kinda more comfortable. =o

drankakeg
Jan 10, 2008, 03:14 PM
I tried Inazuma's method and it works.

I don't have hours to play this game so I can't sit and play like most people.

Just figured I would level them so I can compete against tougher monsters

Inazuma
Jan 10, 2008, 03:26 PM
On 2008-01-10 10:01, Itchee wrote:

there are turbo controllers for the xbox...

Itchee
Jan 10, 2008, 03:36 PM
On 2008-01-10 12:26, Inazuma wrote:

On 2008-01-10 10:01, Itchee wrote:

there are turbo controllers for the xbox...

Yea, im sure you're right....tho I would still feel like im cheating a bit by setting a controller to max-spam, sitting back, and reaping the benefits. Not hatin' on it, tho.....jus sayin. ^_^